Hardware Development TEYES CC3

Search This thread

jenmud

Aug 14, 2022
Hi, I've contacted t'eyes yesterday, since I bought it from them. But haven't had a response yet. I'm going to try and see if an update works.
It only stopped working when I tried to install a back camera, and connect it to the ACC cable. However even if I remove the back camera ACC cable again It still doesn't work.

**Update**
I've tried updating it but when it tries to update it only show about 75% on the installing update page and then tries to restart, which then again shows the no command message with a dead android.
Hi there, I am having the exact issue that you are describing here. Did you get a solution? If so could you post the solution.

jenmud

Aug 14, 2022
Hi, I've contacted t'eyes yesterday, since I bought it from them. But haven't had a response yet. I'm going to try and see if an update works.
It only stopped working when I tried to install a back camera, and connect it to the ACC cable. However even if I remove the back camera ACC cable again It still doesn't work.

**Update**
I've tried updating it but when it tries to update it only show about 75% on the installing update page and then tries to restart, which then again shows the no command message with a dead android.
I am having the exact issue, did you get a solution?

L22EEW

Mar 13, 2008
Wales
www.facebook.com
I have installed a SIM card to the CC3 for data.

I'm almost certain than while I was researching the CC3 before purchase, there was a function to track vehicle, providing the CC3 has a data connection. However for the life on me can't find anything online relating to this Vehicle tracking feature - unless I was looking at someone completely different?

Many thanks.

L22EEW

Mar 13, 2008
Wales
www.facebook.com
I've recently fitted my Teyes CC3 along with the Teyes backup camera in my 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander. The camera has been installed using direct connection for power from the reversing bulb wire and reverse gear detection is being provided by the canbus.

The issue I'm having is with the dynamic guide lines not working and being a static curve. Had anticipated else experienced anything like this and resolved the issue?

Not on my Insignia, lines move when turning steering wheel. Could be CANBus related issue?

h8emilian

Feb 11, 2012
Any clue why the parking sensor sonar won't appear on my CC3?
When I put the car in reverse I get a black image with the grid to park like it wants to start up the camera (which I don't have), but no sonar. In the bottom right.

thesuffering

Jun 6, 2006
I can only get wireless carplay to work. Wired carplay Carlink 2.0 refuses to recognize my devices. Ive tried two different iphones, several cables. USB will charge, but Carlink refuses to see it. USB port and connection to CC3 are fine as I can put in a USB stick and update firmware and use file manager to transfer files to the unit. Any idea why wired carplay isnt working?

bjornus81

Jul 15, 2022
I have some problem with the RCA sound to my amplifilter. When I not playing anything I can here some poppinng sound, like it´s some kind of interference. Then I remove the rca connection to my amp it disapear. Has the CC3 bad ground maybe?

Trayal

Apr 3, 2019
Greetings, all.

I have my CC3 installed and working fine, but with one annoyance I haven't seen mentioned anywhere. At startup, I will often (but not always) have the Play Store app pop up, but not the normal play store -- it's blank white with a spinning circle in the center. This will stay there indefinitely, and if i hit the home button it will sometimes pop back up, annoyingly, a few times. Sometimes I have to wait it out for a minute or so before I can get the unit to stay on the home screen normally. At some point in the past, there used to also be an accompanying message, "Activation Failed" -- but that particular error hasn't shown up for a few months.

Has anybody else seen this, and if so, how do you stop it?

In case extra info helps, I'm using Gordgelin's firmware, and FCC Launcher.

Gunde

Jul 12, 2007
I just installed the CC3 360 (from teyes.com.au) and I'm having a few issues. Most of them I can fix, I think, but the worst one I can't live without, so I could use some help. I've tried searching through this thread and Google but haven't found anything concrete.

It's regarding steering wheel buttons not working at all. Weird thing is that everything else CAN related works fine; climate control, door status, 360 camera activation, wheel posistion, etc. But steering wheel buttons are dead. I really want at least volume up/down to work.

So what's the recommendation? Try a firmware upgrade (eg. Gordgelin), buy a bunch of different CANBUS decoders? Anything else?

Currently the unit is on 03.10.2022 firmware.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Robot001

Nov 13, 2015
Any clue why the parking sensor sonar won't appear on my CC3?
When I put the car in reverse I get a black image with the grid to park like it wants to start up the camera (which I don't have), but no sonar. In the bottom right.
You have to turn them on.

Can't remember exactly which setting off top of my head but it's pretty obvious when you get to the right sub menu.

Look in the 'original car agreement' settings menu.

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
@Gunde Here are two options...

Buy one of those wireless remotes that can c
I just installed the CC3 360 (from teyes.com.au) and I'm having a few issues. Most of them I can fix, I think, but the worst one I can't live without, so I could use some help. I've tried searching through this thread and Google but haven't found anything concrete.

It's regarding steering wheel buttons not working at all. Weird thing is that everything else CAN related works fine; climate control, door status, 360 camera activation, wheel posistion, etc. But steering wheel buttons are dead. I really want at least volume up/down to work.

So what's the recommendation? Try a firmware upgrade (eg. Gordgelin), buy a bunch of different CANBUS decoders? Anything else?

Currently the unit is on 03.10.2022 firmware.

Thanks.
From what I understand, there are few, if any, firmware upgrades for the 360 version. If you update with a non-360 firmware, it sounds like you lose the 360 functions and may not be able to get it back. The good news is that most functions are working through the CAN, except for the steering wheel controls.

Here are options:
  • Upgrade firmware - I wouldn't recommend this, as described above
  • Upgrade CAN software - I wouldn't recommend this, as sometimes the update causes other issues. I also remember reading that you can't be back to an older version of the CAN software
  • Purchase other CAN modules - will probably have similar issues or will have other issues that are worse, like climate control.
  • Select other car models in settings for CAN - this can't hurt to try...you can always go back to the setting that mostly worked.
  • Try to wire steering wheel controls directly to key1/key2 wires - this may or may not work. You'll need to know how your car's steering wheel buttons worked and how they're wired. If they are resistive buttons, this should be possible. When different buttons are pressed, different resistance values are presented to the head unit. This is what the head unit uses to determine when/which button pressed
  • Purchase aftermarket steering wheel controls
The last two options will allow you to reprogram the buttons in the head unit settings. If the steering wheel controls go through the CAN then you cannot reprogram them.

I would probably go with the last option. Here are some examples:

Multiple versions of these are available on Amazon, AliExpress and Ebay. With these, there is a module that connects only to key1/key2 and power and the steering wheel controls pair to this module, I believe.

Gunde

Jul 12, 2007
@Gunde Here are two options...

Buy one of those wireless remotes that can c

From what I understand, there are few, if any, firmware upgrades for the 360 version. If you update with a non-360 firmware, it sounds like you lose the 360 functions and may not be able to get it back. The good news is that most functions are working through the CAN, except for the steering wheel controls.

Here are options:
  • Upgrade firmware - I wouldn't recommend this, as described above
  • Upgrade CAN software - I wouldn't recommend this, as sometimes the update causes other issues. I also remember reading that you can't be back to an older version of the CAN software
  • Purchase other CAN modules - will probably have similar issues or will have other issues that are worse, like climate control.
  • Select other car models in settings for CAN - this can't hurt to try...you can always go back to the setting that mostly worked.
  • Try to wire steering wheel controls directly to key1/key2 wires - this may or may not work. You'll need to know how your car's steering wheel buttons worked and how they're wired. If they are resistive buttons, this should be possible. When different buttons are pressed, different resistance values are presented to the head unit. This is what the head unit uses to determine when/which button pressed
  • Purchase aftermarket steering wheel controls
The last two options will allow you to reprogram the buttons in the head unit settings. If the steering wheel controls go through the CAN then you cannot reprogram them.

I would probably go with the last option. Here are some examples:

Multiple versions of these are available on Amazon, AliExpress and Ebay. With these, there is a module that connects only to key1/key2 and power and the steering wheel controls pair to this module, I believe.
Thanks a lot.
However I will not accept not being able to use my original steering wheel buttons so I guess there's one more option: return the unit.

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
Thanks a lot.
However I will not accept not being able to use my original steering wheel buttons so I guess there's one more option: return the unit.
Absolutely, that's an option. With my car, I was lucky to find an aftermarket interface that worked. My car doesn't use a CANbus module.

You may not have better luck with other types of Android head units. Those CANbus modules are hit and miss, in my opinion.

You can still try to select other car models/trims to see if they work any better.

What car make, model, year, trim do you have? If other's had any better luck, maybe they can chime in.

Gunde

Jul 12, 2007
Absolutely, that's an option. With my car, I was lucky to find an aftermarket interface that worked. My car doesn't use a CANbus module.

You may not have better luck with other types of Android head units. Those CANbus modules are hit and miss, in my opinion.

You can still try to select other car models/trims to see if they work any better.

What car make, model, year, trim do you have? If other's had any better luck, maybe they can chime in.
It's an Opel Astra K from 2016.

I think first of all I will try a few different CANbus boxes, and cycle car models.

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
It's an Opel Astra K from 2016.

I think first of all I will try a few different CANbus boxes, and cycle car models.
I think there's different code used for different CANbus boxes, so you may have luck.

If you're thinking about returning the CC3, keep the return window in mind. I purchased my head unit, a CC2, a few years ago now. I opened a dispute with AliExpress and received a partial refund that basically covered the interface module that I needed to buy to make it work with my 2012 Kia Sorento SX.

Keep the return window in mind.

Neogx

Jan 25, 2014
san
Hmm, I saw comments on here about how locked down teyes are and that other brands aren't near as bad. Just got to thinking if it even would be possible to throw on another brand's firmware that's basically the same on this unit or maybe thats just a stupid question and its not possible

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @deadeye920
    Thanks for the response. Here's a couple more questions if you don't mind.
    • What can you tell me the screen quality? more specifically its brightness under (almost) direct sun light? I had another (rater crapy) android unit before, and regretted buying it, because the screen was so dim that I couldn't read it most of the time.
    • Is the software too buggy? Too many pay walls? From 1 to 10, how do you rate the software?
    • Did you try the external mic?
    Screen quality is very good however in my car I did have issues with glare in sunlight. I do have a panoramic roof. I bought an anti glare screen protector which seems to help. The brightness is good on the display and it is sharp and vivid. The software can have its moments but I’d say 9 out of 10 compared to other fyt machines I’ve used.
    Yes I do have the external mic connected. I’m completely disabled the internal one.
    A humbling experience this is.. marchnz is going to enjoy it.

I found the fault. A loose pin in the supplied kia connector.
    When I used my flash multimeter I must have been push enough to make contact with the steering wheel circuit resistance.
    Plug it into the AHU, and it would go open circuit.

I only found it because I managed to loosen the single USB pins for the factory USB.

Cheers
    Giant Dummy
    This is a common problem in this type of pinout! Not exclusive to T'eyes
    Desoldering isn't necessary. There's instructions somewhere in this thread to tape the 2 mic pins on the ribbon cable. I just desoldered to be extra sure.

I ended up finding how to access Engineer Mode via our Russian friends at 4pda.to. It involves opening the calculator app and entering a secret code (too afraid to link it since it's easy to permanently screw up you unit but if you search, you'll find it). Regardless, this was not helpful as there's no microphone level setting in there (also confirmed by people on 4pda.to). Maybe there's another secret settings menu I'm not aware of via Phone app?

I just ordered a mic pre-amplifier https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JHWSX2C/. It's cheaper on Aliexpress but didn't want to wait 2 weeks. It's not an ideal solution but I'm hoping it helps.

Ooh, may try this. Any pointers for which files you changed and what settings you used?
    The information was in the main hardware post.

persist.sys.zlink.mic.vol=9.9
    persist.audio.mic.senstivity=1
    persist.btmic.gain=10
    persist.btspk.gain=7

Pop the above in a config file and reflash the firmware.
    The password indicated in the font has been changed! !
    Please enter a new number

The answer has been found
    ! ! 681232

字體上標示的密碼已更改!!
    請輸入新號碼

答案已經找到了
    !!681232
    View attachment 5705155
    Please use English as per Rule 4 as otherwise your posts may be deleted:
    4. Use the English language.

We understand that with all the different nationalities, not everyone speaks English well, but please try. If you're really unable to post in English, use an online translator. You're free to include your original message in your own language, below the English translation. (This rule covers your posts, profile entries and signature). You could try :- https://translate.google.com/ or https://www.babelfish.com/ or use one of your choice.
    Does anyone own the Teyes Front parking sensors?
    How well does it work? Would like some feedback. I am tempted to get it but would like some feedback.

Thanks
    Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
    The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
    Hi. earlier you said taht you dont't recommend buying Teyes for people outside Russia and now, that Teyes focuses on European region. What about other countries from Europe other than Russia? I'm from Poland and I own Ford Focus mk 3 (2011-1015)
    I am in France, and my CC3 gives me complete satisfaction on my Ford Focus 2. I do not see what the restrictions would be due to the development by the Russians
    Check if the OBD has good connection with the car socket. Pull it out and put it in again. Scan for Bluetooth devices and you must find it there. Also check the pins on the OBD adapter and the car socket, to see if there are any bent pins that don't connect properly. Also I think I heard somewhere that it's good to connect the OBD before you start the engine.
    Thank you for the advice. I did all of the above, but unfortunately with the same result as before.
    The CC3 sees the OBD2 adapter in the Bluetooth menu, but after some time attempting to connect I get a "Connected Unsuccessfully" message ( or at least that is what I believe it says, because the message is cut off )
    OBD2.jpg

Also I would like to do a follow up regarding the new firmware. I can confirm that with it the device remains in sleep while the ignition of the car is off, even after 1h and 45min once the ignition was turned on the device woke up instantly. Where as before with the original firmware, after about 5min the device would do a clean / full boot.

And for those looking to get Google assistant working a possible workaround would be to trigger the assistant via one of your steering wheel buttons.
    #1 go to Settings / General
    #2 Set the Google Assistant as the Navi App option
    #3 Go to Settings / Device / Steering Wheel Setting
    #4 Map one of your steering wheel buttons to launch the Navi app.

Now just before anyone get way too excited, this is not a perfect solution.
    While I'm able to do things like opening apps ( YouTube, waze, 360 panorama app ) asking for direction via google maps, playing specific Playlist via Spotify. I discovered that it's not possible to make or receive phone calls via the assistant, and most likely there are other things that I did not test or discovered.
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
    I want wipe dalvik cache.but I dont know how
    unpack this to usb stick and plug into HU usb port, just like usual firmware update. it will clear cache