Hardware Development TEYES CC3

Search This thread

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
Hi there is it possible to reuse the original cabling of the camera in a Subaru forester 2017 and install the AHD camera that comes with the TEYES CC3, instead of running alll the cabling?

View attachment 5770337
With some work after testing what is supplied. The Factory Subaru rear camera is 6V not 12V so your first job is to see if the Teyes HU harness supplies 6V or 12V to the 5 pin plug. 12V is what you want for the Teyes camera so if you find 6V then you need to cut out the 6V converter and substitute with 2 normal wires.

So

OEM 5 pin connector, numbering from left to right on Subaru unit.

Pin Num Signal

1 6V GND Black

2 6V+ White

3 CA+ Red

4 CA- Grey

Becomes

5 pin connector, numbering from left to right on Subaru unit.

Pin Num Signal

1 12V GND Black

2 12V+ White

3CA+ Red

4CA- Grey

CV+ and CV- are the video + and - signals. CV+ (white) goes to the center of the RCA cable (also white ) while CV- (red) goes to the ground of the RCA cable

Then you need to go to the rear of the car and find the connector to the OEM camera and probe the 4 pins and connect them the right way round to the Teyes Camera.

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
What is this part for?
View attachment 5771313

If it's a canbus i have another question.
My car doesnt have the HARMAN KARDON audio system (that part is supposedly to be for that), do i still need to use it? It's a SUBARU FORESTER 2017.

I'm just trying to sort things before I install everything.
Canbus, looks to be non Harman Kardon so for you it's optional but may be needed for steering wheel controls and it will allow the Teyes to display Air Con temps, car speed, dynamic lines on rear camera ie move with steering wheel etc.

In canbus settings its XP/Subaru/Forester/pick the year

Panamanian

Nov 24, 2022
Canbus, looks to be non Harman Kardon so for you it's optional but may be needed for steering wheel controls and it will allow the Teyes to display Air Con temps, car speed, dynamic lines on rear camera ie move with steering wheel etc.

In canbus settings its XP/Subaru/Forester/pick the year
Thanks guys.
So in other words, even if i dont have the Harman Kardon, it will still work for the other stuff and my non H/K sound will still work?

Panamanian

Nov 24, 2022
Oh yeah, here I come with another question. =)
I havent installed yet my TEYES, but i tried the external mic in my computer and compared it to a headset mic.
Both test were about 1 foot away and recorded my voice. I can tell you it sounds very low in comparison to the headset mic.

Are there amplified mics for cars? And if not, is there a way you can increase microphone volume or amplified i dont know.
I'm very new in this area.

Thanks in advance.

triNg1895

Nov 24, 2022
Yes, you can. Simply add the boot animation.zip to the usb stick. Same with the logo.bmp which is the boot logo. Both files can simply be added into the root of the usb-stick and if lsec6315update detects them, it will flash them.
Only these two files on a usb-stick with lsec6315update will also flash them without further changes to your unit.

I don't know about the boot sound. I never looked at that.
I tried to flash the bootanimation + logo with the latest update package, but it was failed. When I switched back to manufacture logo.bmp, it flashed. However, the bootanimation didn’t change. Do you know what’s the possible causes?
Below is the report and my bootanimation file

Attachments

• C261FA86-CC96-4768-BF42-E861863B5032.jpeg
    C261FA86-CC96-4768-BF42-E861863B5032.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 24
  • bootanimation_update.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
I tried to flash the bootanimation + logo with the latest update package, but it was failed. When I switched back to manufacture logo.bmp, it flashed. However, the bootanimation didn’t change. Do you know what’s the possible causes?
Below is the report and my bootanimation file
Your logo.bmp is a 32bits bmp. It should be an 8bits BMP.
Your bootanimation.zip has a sound component. That is not supported either. You need to remove the wav files from the zip and remove the sound s lines from the desc.txt

triNg1895

Nov 24, 2022
Your logo.bmp is a 32bits bmp. It should be an 8bits BMP.
Your bootanimation.zip has a sound component. That is not supported either. You need to remove the wav files from the zip and remove the sound s lines from the desc.txt
I converted the png to bmp online, so somehow it was messed up. I re-saved the logo via photoshop and it solved the problem. About the animation, I read some source saying that update after July wont be able to flashed the bootaniamtion.zip anymore. Thank you for the help

srohang1

Jul 1, 2015
On Google Maps, the left menu is stuck and won't swipe down. Anybody have this issue or a solve for it? You can split screen and swipe it, but that's a major pain. This issue just started recently, was working perfectly fine before.
Screenshot_20221201-163443_57.png

Reactions: Ukiews

kommando

Nov 9, 2013
On Google Maps, the left menu is stuck and won't swipe down. Anybody have this issue or a solve for it? You can split screen and swipe it, but that's a major pain. This issue just started recently, was working perfectly fine before.View attachment 5774927
Last Google maps update broke it, there is a thread on Goggle support referenced in another FYT thread here with the link to add to to prioritise Google to fix it.

lunacies

Jul 14, 2016
Hey guys, is there any possible way to get my cell phone notifications to pass through to my head unit when not using the "Bluetooth Music" ? I primarily use the sirius app or music apps on my head unit itself, and if an email or discord or other application notification comes through on my phone, it does not pass the audio through the head unit. Only texts and phone calls will come through like this. Does anyone know if it is possible to accomplish what I am looking for, or would I need to manually install said apps and log into them on the headunit or can I have these things pass through somehow other than using "Bluetooth Music" on the head unit and playing audio and everything else through my phone?

Alradaev

Jul 15, 2011
Anyone have issues with Waze since last unit update? Can't chose locations when using search function

Also, anyway to change the ring tone?

spoonzz666

Oct 24, 2022
Is the car still not rendering for cc3 360? My car is a black rectangle but when into reverse, the car 3d model renders perfectly. I'm also on the latest firmware.

I don't quite understand why it wouldn't work? Coding issue I'm guessing?

Cobalt84

Aug 5, 2022
Does anyone know if the CC3 supports Lanewatch and the reverse camera on the 2014 Honda Civic EX trim? Currently there are 6 cables that don't connect to the harness and I know I don't need 4 of them since 2 of them are USB, GPS, and HDMI and CC3 provides their own USB,GPS and HDMI I couldn't care for. But I don't know what the other 2 cables do. I haven't tried it yet but would like to ask if anyone else has run into something similar before I take apart my radio.

SMILLEE

Dec 7, 2022
Hi all,

I recently bought a Teyes CC3 for a Volkswagen Golf MK7 Year 2016.

I got all the buttons working but the cruise-control buttons / limiter.
I currently on canbus with the simplesoft XP.
1670404948296.png

Are there any known fixes please let me know.

Thanks in advance

luigjpe

Jul 15, 2018
T-Mobile LG G5
OnePlus 8T
Thoughts/input welcome for my plans for my CC3.

I recently purchased the 6gb/128gb CC3 with canbus straight from https://teyes.com/, hopefully it won't take too long to get to me.

Backup Camera:

I was on the fence on whether installing a backup camera and after reading about other experiences with aftermarket backup cameras in general I decided against it. My car never came with a backup camera and I don't want to introduce another point of failure, especially since I am not super confident in my wiring skills.

I've read on here that if you're using the canbus and go into reverse, a black screen will pop up even if you don't have a backup camera installed. Looks like the only way others have found to prevent that pop up is by cutting the reverse detection wire as mentioned on Page 100 so I'll be going with that solution.

I plan on using Twippo electrical connecters when I cut this wire so I can easily connect them back if I change my mind on the backup camera in the future. --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B092Q11S98/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=AHGXJUM4CYRPV&psc=1

SIM card:

I plan on using a data only sim card but I am little weary about adding my google account to it. I saw someone asked what others thought a adding a google account but I didn't see a response. To others who have added their google account to their CC3, have you noticed any security issues or worry about it?

Microphone:

Apparently the internal mic is pretty bad in terms of quality so I'm going with an external mic but that will present other issues. I guess the internal mic causes major interference with the external mic lowering the quality. The solution mentioned here and on the Teyes FAQ (https://teyes.com/pages/faqs) is to physically disable the internal mic. I have a few options to do this but since I don't want to damage the board I will be adding clear tape to the two right pins on the ribbon cable as mentioned on Page 46.

I've also read that you connect the factory mic by connecting it to A19 and A20 wire of CC3 that but that would require splicing into your factory harness and I don't want to do that.

Canbus Setup

Is it just a matter of connecting everything on the Canbus and going into the HU settings and choosing your vehicle? Is there anything else to this, do you need to restart or anything after?

I'll be using the canbus settings I found on the Teyes site --> https://teyes.com/pages/cc3-canbus-settings?shpxid=6321a007-76db-4ea9-a860-667e0c76458e

GPS/4G/5G antenna

I plan on placing these antennas under the dash behind the HU, spread apart, as long as there's no major metal blockers back there.

Let me know what you guys think.

signo3d

May 28, 2022
Anyone ever had issues with the screen flickering?
The unit is 10month old, running august FW (installed back then) and never really had any problems, until last week.
My screen flickers quite badly but it only starts doing it after 25-30 minutes of driving, it starts every 10 second or so but it gets faster and faster.
Rebooting does not fix it. Turning the unit off for some times is a temporary fix, but then the issue comes back.
I could say overhearing, but cpu temp seems normal.

Only setting i touched recently was drooping the MIN brightness from 28 to 20, but today I put it back to 28 and the issue is still there.
Help!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, so I just solved a massive headache with my teyes CC3 audio. And I will explain how and what. It concerns not working rear speakers. The worst part is that Teyes has no instructions AT ALL for the A3/A4 and I had to either figure this out on my own or with the help of people here on the forum or a bit of help of the teyes technical support which cost me about a week. However I want to enable people to have a smooth install with their A3 as the headunit itsself is fantastic and seriously worth the money.

To start first the (overall very few) issues I had with it and how to solve them (also link to a video I made about all but #1 at the end):

1. The frame of the A3 being to small

The actual frame fits exactly into the gap that the OEM radio you take out leaves behind. The issue is the tabs that are supposed to hold it in place. They are too widely moldel. What I mean is that they are molded in such a way that they are wider than is needed to make them fit. As such it is a PAIN to get them in.

A big tip I can give is the 3 first then 1 method. Get the bottom 2 in by pressing on them and then 1 of the 2 top ones. Or one side in and then pry the other 2 in. But the last one will be VERY hard to press in and I highly reccomend a interior trim removal kit tool to press it with to the inside. It will help give you leverage.

3 will click into place and the last one will be ehhhh kind of in there but if you press it in it should sit flush. I can say from experience you can expect that 1 of the 2 top tabs will slightly break away from the main mold but it should hold.

now big thing. DO NOT SCREW THE CC3 INTO THE FRAME. You can but removing it will be extremely hard as the frame will sit 100% flush with the dash and even getting a prying tool into 1 of the corners is next to impossible.
    Ideally, get the frame in first, THEN do the wiring. and press the unit in afterwards. One thing that helps remove it is if you attach a sort of tab with tape or glue that will stick out (tape maybe is the easiest?) so you can use it as a pull cord and pull the unit out that way.

2. The unit not powering on at all (also explained in the video).

So this is one is a headbreaker and I almost thought I needed to ship the unit back.
    I installed the unit and connected all the wires as they should be (based on other videos) but nothing after I powered on the car. Optical out on the back however did light up for a bit and then went blank.

The issue was as following. On the main cable harnass you get there are 2 boxes that lead to a. the CANBUS box connector and b. The main power/connector that goes into the G slot on the diagram.

The harnass for the A3 8p has 2!!!! boxes where it begins. A " quadlock" that will fit on the 8p" and a different one that will NOT fit.

Now it seems that from factor they connect the ACCESORY wire, which in my case was orange (look up the diagram supplied with the unit to see which cable it should be), to the connection box that will NOT FIT. So you have an empty box like connector that has many wires on of which was orange with a 2 pin connector. There is an IDENTICAL but loose wire with 2 pins on the quadlock connector. You need to UNPLUG the accesory cable from that wrong harnass and connect it to the wire that runs to the quadlock connector. That will make the unit turn on and work.

3. NON WORKING REAR SPEAKERS (NON BOSE)

So this has been posted many many times on many forums but there has been no consise solution explained so I will attempt my best.

If you get the CC3 unit and connect all the wires you need to choose 1 of 2 extra cables included. One has the mic connector, sim card tray, AMP-C wire and the AUX L and R connectors. the other is Some fo those but mostly RCA cables. But for both it works the same.

First of all, and this is NOT EXPLAINED AT ALL ANYWHERE, you need to take the AMP cable (blue and white) that comes off the quadlock AND ISO connector (they are joined together in the factory AND HAVE A SEETHROUGH BLUE CAP ON THE END) and connect it to the AMP-C cable (solid blue) coming off the second set of wires you plug in.

The issue is that you need to strip the isolation of both ends and then twist the exposed leads together to get the front amplifier to work at all...... then once that is done you use electrical tape to secure and insulate it. Now the front amp will work. The front speakers will with either the cables connected or not.

Now onto the rear speakers. Teyes has only now after I and other mailed them started selling an extra harness that you need to make the rear ones and sub work. The A3 and A4 are half amplified cars. This means that the headunit is supposed to also provide power and a turn on signal to the rear amp that is built into the speakers.

However, the unit does not have enough power to do that on its own. Its impedance is too low. You need the following harness it will not work without : https://teyes.eu/products/special-p...t?shpxid=020fa858-1cb9-4173-964f-bcd43d2a8198

61vwriFZ6aL._AC_SL1500_1024x1024@2x.jpg

This harness goes in between the original quadlock of the car and the quadlock connector of the CC3 unit. it changes the impedance of the speakers and makes it so the unit has enough power to power the rear amp and speakers.

This harness is also sold by XTRONS under a different name. Look around and you will find it.

A tip I can give is that you may need to adjust the amount of impedance by using a small flathead screwdriver to turn the 4 knobs in the transparent cases (see pic below). You need to have it all plugged in and working to hear (you need to listen to the audio) but if they are set too much to 1 of the 2 sides (I think clockwise?) The harness wont work and the amps are silent. Completely the other way and the amps work and the sound is of good loudness.

1674850219583.png

I hope this helps at least 1 person and saves them from the heart attacks and stress this caused me.

Here is a link to my video explaining this post:
    It's there. It's called Power Conditioning.
    The sound adjustment parameters are found in these three tables
    There are 143 pages of this thread and nothing in those has worked for me, but thanks for taking the time to reply.
    There is no difference between firmware downloaded from RU and downloaded from EN?
    I am asking because the file being downloaded has either EN or RU in its name, depending on which region is selected on the website.
    Yesterday I made the upgrade with the RU file, but all text in the setup was in English, the Unit stayed on english, my keyboard stayed English (also kept my native language). :)
    Sorry, but I am not sure, but I think there is no difference in Firmware, I have the CC3 6/128 edition which is capable of the 360 Feature.

Hope this helps. :)
    Thanks,
    quite precisely, the motherboard of the CC3 6/128 is different from the CC3-360 and the firmware is different!
    Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
    The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
    Hi. earlier you said taht you dont't recommend buying Teyes for people outside Russia and now, that Teyes focuses on European region. What about other countries from Europe other than Russia? I'm from Poland and I own Ford Focus mk 3 (2011-1015)
    I am in France, and my CC3 gives me complete satisfaction on my Ford Focus 2. I do not see what the restrictions would be due to the development by the Russians
    Check if the OBD has good connection with the car socket. Pull it out and put it in again. Scan for Bluetooth devices and you must find it there. Also check the pins on the OBD adapter and the car socket, to see if there are any bent pins that don't connect properly. Also I think I heard somewhere that it's good to connect the OBD before you start the engine.
    Thank you for the advice. I did all of the above, but unfortunately with the same result as before.
    The CC3 sees the OBD2 adapter in the Bluetooth menu, but after some time attempting to connect I get a "Connected Unsuccessfully" message ( or at least that is what I believe it says, because the message is cut off )
    OBD2.jpg

Also I would like to do a follow up regarding the new firmware. I can confirm that with it the device remains in sleep while the ignition of the car is off, even after 1h and 45min once the ignition was turned on the device woke up instantly. Where as before with the original firmware, after about 5min the device would do a clean / full boot.

And for those looking to get Google assistant working a possible workaround would be to trigger the assistant via one of your steering wheel buttons.
    #1 go to Settings / General
    #2 Set the Google Assistant as the Navi App option
    #3 Go to Settings / Device / Steering Wheel Setting
    #4 Map one of your steering wheel buttons to launch the Navi app.

Now just before anyone get way too excited, this is not a perfect solution.
    While I'm able to do things like opening apps ( YouTube, waze, 360 panorama app ) asking for direction via google maps, playing specific Playlist via Spotify. I discovered that it's not possible to make or receive phone calls via the assistant, and most likely there are other things that I did not test or discovered.
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
    I want wipe dalvik cache.but I dont know how
    unpack this to usb stick and plug into HU usb port, just like usual firmware update. it will clear cache