TEYES CC3

Search This thread

ludditefornow

Nov 29, 2017
With the key 1 and key 2 wires, could I connect them to a new, separate cluster of buttons to gain additional functionality? What date is sent on key 1 and 2 wires? Is it just binary / high low? How are each of the buttons differentiated if it just analog binary signal?

Do you have any links for further reading?

TEYESAustralia

• Feb 28, 2021
    Australia
    www.teyes.com.au
    CC3 has an update expected at the end of this month that adds Android Auto and wired/wireless Carplay functionality to CC3 units released in 2021 (according to the update page).

More information here: https://cc3.teyes.ru/ru/update.html

Translated text:

Just an FYI, it's not Android Auto and it's known problematic.
    Thats because its still in development. Have you tried it?
    I have a BETA APK available for anyone who wants to try it.

I posted it here

Last edited:

TEYESAustralia

• Feb 28, 2021
    Australia
    www.teyes.com.au
    Whuch one to buy?

Any advantage to buying the CC3 over the CC2+ and SPRO+?

Thanks
    Randy
    Here are some differences between the CC3 and CC2. Still working on the list there may contain some errors

CC3CC2 PLUS
    Internal MemoryeMMC (Up to 128GB)NAND (Up to 128GB)
    RAMLPDDR4 (Up to 6GB)DDR3 (Up to 6GB)
    GPUARM Mali G52 614.4MHz
    Internet4G LTE + 5G WIFI4G LTE + WIFI
    GPSSC2342B
    Equaliser27 Bands16 Bands
    BluetoothBluetooth 5.1Bluetooth 2.0
    GyroscopeYesNo
    DSP1 x Adau 1707 + ROHM 321071 x ROHM 32107
    Channel Output5.14.1
    Android AutoYes (Update Pending)No
    Apple CarplayYes (Update Pending)No
    TEYES Voice12 Months Pre-activated TrialNo
    TEYES Online1 Month Free TrialNo

Last edited:

JMM44700

Jun 17, 2018
    Orvault
    With the key 1 and key 2 wires, could I connect them to a new, separate cluster of buttons to gain additional functionality? What date is sent on key 1 and 2 wires? Is it just binary / high low? How are each of the buttons differentiated if it just analog binary signal?

It is a more or less standardized resistive network of this type

Attachments

• struc.jpg
      struc.jpg
      51.8 KB · Views: 46

Tarassss

Sep 20, 2020
    Hi guys, I need to separate screen from the device using extension cables. I didn't purchase device yet. Can someone share what ribbon cables I need to do it?
    And one more question, how touch buttons on left side controlled? Do they have separate board or these buttons are part of main touch screen? Probably I would need cut them off to make screen smaller to fit it in oem car LCD mount. Can I cut it off or I will break touch panel by doing so?

greentag

Aug 23, 2010

It's resistive. Someone else verified, as well. Yes, you can connect them to another set of buttons IF they are simply analog based.

Reactions: ludditefornow

gokoby

Apr 12, 2021
    Hi,
    I've installed CC3 and it's great!
    Toyota Corolla 2017, using the original rear camera, with canbus, came with connector to original USB and AUX connections. Needed some sanding to get into the original frame. (installed by a professional)

After reading almost 30 pages and reviewing all videos, I have few questions:
    1. I wish for the mode steering wheel HW button to toggle through all the open apps - I've installed the FytHWOneKey but the options are only for pre-called apps. Is there a way to call the toggle app action?

2. On incoming calls, unless you're on specific app the call app is taking over the screen and you can't change it to another app. Is there a way to change that?

I appreciate you reading and trying to assist with answers
    Cheers,

Last edited:

surfer63

May 4, 2010
    Zwolle
    hvdwolf.github.io
    1. I wish for the mode steering wheel HW button to toggle through all the open apps - I've installed the FytHWOneKey but the options are only for pre-called apps. Is there a way to call the toggle app action?

2. On incoming calls, unless you're on specific app the call app is taking over the screen and you can't change it to another app. Is there a way to change that?
    1. Currently the mode selection works based on a hard-coded routine which checks both on apps and hardware (if there is a DVD app, but not a DVD player, it will skip that one. If the standard mediaplayer apk is removed,/uninstalled it will skip that one). So depending on the unit and the standard FYT apps installed, the toggle mode might have 3 to up to 7 options, but ONLY the builtin ones where some can be replaced with FytHWOnekey app.
    You can't change that hardcoded routine. You need to rewrite the main server apk to make the mode toggle do other things. This means: decompile it, find the smali code, write something in java that does what you want, compile it, decompile it again to smali, insert that smali code in the decompiled main server apk smali code, and apktool recompile the apk, sign it, and hope that FYT did not build in a CRC check on the original apk, (like they do now on the bluetooth apk which can't be changed at all with regard to the code).

Or root your unit, be so brave to install Xposed (and hope you don't brick your unit), find the "hook" in the main server apk, build an Xposed module that let your create your own list op mode options, install that Xposed module.

2. Strange. That was always the case, but the later PX5 firmwares and the sc9853i firmwares moved to a bar in the bottom of the screen once you had picked up the phone. Has this now regressed in the CC3?
    (And indeed: most navigation apps and some other apps now take over when "the phone rings", if you give them the access when requested )

gokoby

Apr 12, 2021
    1. Currently the mode selection works based on a hard-coded routine which checks both on apps and hardware (if there is a DVD app, but not a DVD player, it will skip that one. If the standard mediaplayer apk is removed,/uninstalled it will skip that one). So depending on the unit and the standard FYT apps installed, the toggle mode might have 3 to up to 7 options, but ONLY the builtin ones where some can be replaced with FytHWOnekey app.
    You can't change that hardcoded routine. You need to rewrite the main server apk to make the mode toggle do other things. This means: decompile it, find the smali code, write something in java that does what you want, compile it, decompile it again to smali, insert that smali code in the decompiled main server apk smali code, and apktool recompile the apk, sign it, and hope that FYT did not build in a CRC check on the original apk, (like they do now on the bluetooth apk which can't be changed at all with regard to the code).

Or root your unit, be so brave to install Xposed (and hope you don't brick your unit), find the "hook" in the main server apk, build an Xposed module that let your create your own list op mode options, install that Xposed module.

2. Strange. That was always the case, but the later PX5 firmwares and the sc9853i firmwares moved to a bar in the bottom of the screen once you had picked up the phone. Has this now regressed in the CC3?
    (And indeed: most navigation apps and some other apps now take over when "the phone rings", if you give them the access when requested )
    1. Thanks for the detailed explanation. I guess this is a no...
    2. The lower bar is applicable only if certain apps are activated like a navigation app etc.
    In case it's the home screen, you get the call app on full screen without any chance to send it to the background.
    I read on the 4DPA forum that there is the noFullScreenCall patch but the file was removed and I couldn't find it.

corpdecker

Aug 2, 2011
    Hi,
    Toyota Corolla 2017, using the original rear camera, with canbus, came with connector to original USB and AUX connections. Needed some sanding to get into the original frame. (installed by a professional)

I appreciate you reading and trying to assist with answers
    Cheers,
    So my units are supposed to be delivered today, so everything I say is only from looking through the APKs in the firmware so far.
    I found an option, "syu.bt.show.pip" , it's a boolean "true" or "false", that is used in the com.syu.bt app, com.syu.broadcast.MyService handleSeverCmd() that appears to handle the logic for when to show the BT screen in a window or in full screen mode. That said, surfer63 probably knows this system about as well as anyone in the English speaking world, so I'd follow his advice. I think the hardcoded lists he's talking about look similar to this:

if (!this.l.equals("818")) { j.f76e.b("com.fvision.camera", this.R); j.f76e.b("com.fvsm.camera", this.R); j.f76e.b("com.fvision.cameradouble", this.R); j.f76e.b("com.gp.dvr", this.R); j.f76e.b("com.sicadroid.ucam_car", this.R); j.f76e.b("com.williexing.android.apps.xcdvr1", this.R); j.f76e.b("com.synmoon.carkit", this.R); j.f76e.b("com.ankai.cardvr", this.R); j.f76e.b("com.gp.dvr", this.R); j.f76e.b("com.fh.dvr", this.R); }

which you find in com.syu.ms .
    There are a lot of SystemProperties that might be able to influence some of this stuff, such as sys.syu.third_dvr, ro.fyt.navi_package , etc, but until I have the units installed and time to brick them experiment, I'm just guessing.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
    Zwolle
    hvdwolf.github.io
    I found an option, "syu.bt.show.pip" , it's a boolean "true" or "false", that is used in the com.syu.bt app, com.syu.broadcast.MyService handleSeverCmd() that appears to handle the logic for when to show the BT screen in a window or in full screen mode.
    That is the "picture in picture" feature for the BT app and movie player and DVD player (when applicable).
    Not for "minimizing" the BT app when in a call. That is controlled by a specific layout when it detects that "some app" is active and needs to remain visible.

Reactions: corpdecker

Tarassss

Sep 20, 2020
    Hi guys, I need to separate screen from the device using extension cables. I didn't purchase device yet. Can someone share what ribbon cables I need to do it?
    And one more question, how touch buttons on left side controlled? Do they have separate board or these buttons are part of main touch screen? Probably I would need cut them off to make screen smaller to fit it in oem car LCD mount. Can I cut it off or I will break touch panel by doing so?
    I will answer my question. Screen is connected by 4 cables, 2 pin JST BHS connector (backlight), 12 pin 0.5mm ribbon cable (not sure what it is), 6 pin 0.5 mm pitch ribbon cable (touchscreen), 30 pin 0.5 mm pitch (screen).
    Foto_06.jpg

Foto_01.jpg

Reactions: TacticalSmoores

JMM44700

Jun 17, 2018
    Orvault
    I will answer my question. Screen is connected by 4 cables, 2 pin JST BHS connector (backlight), 12 pin 0.5mm ribbon cable (not sure what it is), 6 pin 0.5 mm pitch ribbon cable (touchscreen), 30 pin 0.5 mm pitch (screen).
    Foto_06.jpg

Foto_01.jpg
    the left touch strip is independent of the screen panel. It also supports the microphone and the reset button. It is the flat cable blue end which goes down from the top on the photo

Tarassss

Sep 20, 2020
    the left touch strip is independent of the screen panel. It also supports the microphone and the reset button. It is the flat cable blue end which goes down from the top on the photo
    Thanks for the reply. Does it also connects touch buttons on left side of screen? Or touch buttons are part of main touchscreen?

chatocean

Jan 18, 2010
    Hi,

But I got an issue with Icar Parking app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icarvietnam.icarparking). The problem is the icar parking app is not overlays the reverse camera(it's working properly with previous my android HU). So when I change to R, the parking sensor is not display in screen (because reverse camera is using this screen). Do we have any solution for this?

Thank you,

Last edited:

corpdecker

Aug 2, 2011
    Hi,

But I got an issue with Icar Parking app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icarvietnam.icarparking). The problem is the icar parking app is not override the reverse camera(it's working properly with previous my android HU). So when I change to R, the parking sensor is not display in screen (because reverse camera is using this screen). Do we have any solution for this?

Thank you,
    I'm not sure the reverse camera screen allows for overlays. My CC3 shows the sonar on it's own, on the left, and appears to work very well. You might want to check the Icar app's system permissions to ensure it has the permissions to show overlays in the first place and also check with the app developer to see if they are familiar with it running on a Teyes unit.

kmem

May 23, 2011
    Can't you change something in the factory settings, for brightness control? Just don't mess up something, I almost did with the touch buttons on mine.
    Sorry for the late response. Yes, in the factory settings there is an option for brightness which is based on headlamp control or something else. Neither option seems to dim anything for me. I don't use canbus and the setting doesn't seem to do anything for the backlight based on the illumination wire. i.e. if I turn on the lights, the screen doesn't dim. The device is aware of the illumination state though, because the touch buttons can be set to only illuminate when the headlamps are on. I'd like to find some circuit I could add that mimics another PX device to allow software/OS control of the backlight.
    The PX5/PX6 units I had do have backlight control, it switches day/night mode with the headlight, and the two brightnesses can be configured separately. Sadly, the night setting, on its lowest, is still too bright at night.
    I am able to change the "brightness" but I don't think this is controlling the backlight at all. Like you, my min setting is WAY too bright for night.
    I'm not even sure that it's the brightness, maybe it's the contrast. Perhaps if I trim it down enough somehow, I won't be able to see the details. It doesn't help that Waze displays the uninhabited land areas, in dark mode, with some sort of gray, instead of black. It's an old user request to make the colors customizable, but they haven't, as far as I know. Which I can understand - the more customizable you make a software, the more sluggish it becomes.
    I remember tinkering with iGO and reading the forums to make it work with the display as well as it could.

I was hoping for somebody to make a unit with an OLED tablet display, how expensive can it get?

On one hand, changing the display from one unit to the other, I wouldn't be sure that the cable fits, or that the screen fits. On the other hand, they have become very modular - there are replacement PX5/6 motherboards to buy -, so there's a high probability they do fit.
    Most of the PX* devices I've seen pictures of, including mine, have two different LCD connectors (only one is used) on them which should cover many LCDs. Seems to me, it's just a matter of getting the right resolution display to play nice with the firmware. Why you need a separate firmware for different resolutions baffles me.
    The PX6 units that I have are not that much better than the PX5. The ad said "IPS", but aside the increased processor speed, the screen doesn't seem that much better to be a technology jump. However, I didn't buy Dasaita or Joying, but a Chinese Chinese clone, so maybe they are not IPS at all. Also, the PX5 really did instant resume, with Waze on, how I left it. On these PX6 units, I have to restart Waze by hand (although that can be automated, but I haven't got the time yet). And the Wi-Fi keeps turning off during long sleep, even after setting it to turn on automatically and after several MCU/system updates.
    If mine is indeed a Wondefoo device (it looks identical to internal and external photos I've seen of them and has the same MCU), then it supposedly has an IPS display. I suspect that a lot of these devices that are marketed as IPS aren't truly IPS but rather have their backlights cranked all the way up to make it look that way. My WiFi is fine though I do wish it had an external connector - might try soldering one on someday.

The Teyes CC2+'s display looks leaps and bounds better than mine. @Tarassss thanks a bunch for posting pics of the display connectors!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Could be a holiday thing maybe?
      LOL, this is 9th of MAY, WWII Victory Day in CIS and some other countries
      s1200.jpeg
      Why would someone want to use Android Auto if they are already running Android on their head unit?

I'm asking as I have an Android head unit and am fairly satisfied without using Android Auto. Just want to understand better to see benefits of AA so I can decide whether or not to switch to it.
      what I meant was
      probably not possible, not designed to work this way. maybe some thirdparty app can help with screen brightness adjustment - MacroDroid or something
      I use Bixby Routines in Samsung features to turn on wifi hotspot automatically for a head unit.
      I’m on iOS unfortunately. Apple has added lots of automation to iOS in the past few years but they are crazy stingy with letting people do anything that would negatively impact battery life. They treat us like idiots but in reality the average user is actually an idiot. Hahaha
      My CC3 is on order from Teyes Australia and I've been researching how to retain the factory backup camera. The factory cameras are either 6 or 3.3 volt and I'll need to drop the voltage supplied from the head unit. I checked out lots of replacement cameras that I might be able to swap in the existing fitting and they all require 12volt. Most have short jumper wires to turn on or off the lines, or even make the image mirror. I know that isn't relevant to your problem as yours is factory and the lines must have previously worked. Did you have to change your camera voltage to retain the factory camera? Are you maybe over powering it?

I saw your question in the Teyes Australia thread. They are drop shipped from China. Mine requires a special facia replacement so I didn't really expect it to be stocked in Australia. It's been a week and two days. Not counting or anything 🤔.
      My factory backup camera appears to be supported through the canbus adapter, as it was in my older PX6 vertical T-style unit. It was plug and play, thankfully, no soldering of resistors or anything. That said, I'm considering installing the backup camera that came with the unit (standard one, not the upgraded one) since the quality of the image is far better than the factory camera. Once seen on a larger screen, it becomes more apparent, kind of like playing an old SD DVD rip on a 4K TV, where it seemed fine on a 26" tube TV back in the day, it looks like hot blurry garbage on the larger hi res display. The aftermarket camera I installed on my wife's 2011 Tucson uses the 12v lines on the harness labeled "Back", and looks a lot better than my factory backup camera. The factory backup camera on my Maxima is a 3.3v camera, but like I said, it's powered from the canbus harness. I'm guessing the harness that comes with your car will support it similar to mine. The fact that the camera and lines worked on my previous unit, which was a total POS, tells me there's probably not a lot of magic needed to support them, but that probably varies based on the vehicle.

I feel you on the waiting part. I checked the shipping status multiple times per day, the worst being when it was sitting in a transshipping warehouse in Chicago for a few days with no status changes. The box the units came in was wet and beat to hell, but thankfully it was packed well enough inside to protect everything by the alibaba seller.
      The facia for my Maxima was top notch, matches the interior perfectly, but the one for my wife's Tucson is a little janky looking in comparison. Not horrible, but noticeable if looking for it.
      Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
      The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
      Could be a holiday thing maybe?
      LOL, this is 9th of MAY, WWII Victory Day in CIS and some other countries
      s1200.jpeg

It is a more or less standardized resistive network of this type
      I want wipe dalvik cache.but I dont know how
      unpack this to usb stick and plug into HU usb port, just like usual firmware update. it will clear cache
      Why would someone want to use Android Auto if they are already running Android on their head unit?

I'm asking as I have an Android head unit and am fairly satisfied without using Android Auto. Just want to understand better to see benefits of AA so I can decide whether or not to switch to it.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone