TEYES CC3

Search This thread

corpdecker

Aug 2, 2011
The display on the CC2+ is super nice, the display on the CC3 is awesome too. Not OLED, but very readable in bright sunlight and everything is super crisp. My PX6 unit's screen was awful in comparison.
There are apps like nu.lower.brightness that use an overlay of varying transparency to reduce the brightness of the screen, kind of a fake brightness control, but as a last option it might be viable for nighttime driving.

chatocean

Jan 18, 2010
I'm not sure the reverse camera screen allows for overlays. My CC3 shows the sonar on it's own, on the left, and appears to work very well. You might want to check the Icar app's system permissions to ensure it has the permissions to show overlays in the first place and also check with the app developer to see if they are familiar with it running on a Teyes unit.
I already granted permission to this app overlays, but it still not working. Let me check with app developer.
Thank you

Tonny_D

Apr 16, 2021
After first ordered the CC3 for my Renault Clio 4 wich doesn't fit it is replaced with the CC2 Plus wich only will fit after some modifications . I have tested the CC3 and really liked the radio app where you can upload your own station images on the Teyes server. Does any one know how to get that application ? Or is there someone with a CC3 that can get It for me?

IMG_8700.jpg

Ravvar

May 29, 2016
For the manual key mapping to work, you have to either have no canbus for the specific steering wheel buttons you want to use, or the buttons must not be mapped to the canbus boxes shipped from the seller in the first place.

There is a "Key 1" and "Key 2" wire on the back of the stereo to make that program work. You have to do the digging on your own vehicle to figure out the wiring. It's just an analog system, so if your steering wheel control is digital, you're out of luck.
1. Whait, so when buttons works in cc3 by default after connecting to canbus - they can't be remapped in simple way to individual settings?? Its huge limitation... i have 8 buttons and one knob by my steering wheel, by default 5 of them is usefull (vol+, vol-, mute, prev, next song [when using radio app that two not switching stations, but... switching frequency by Hz step :/ ]), others function is completly useless (one button switching in a circle by: nav, radio, video, something else that i dont remember now - i dont know who use this in real life :/ )... Maybe using Automate Llama app or similar i be able to remap this, I have to try, but this is insane that it must be done with custom app, not nativly :/...

2. Ok, but what about "Car information" app? Is it shoud works on every car when canbus works properly? And climate control widget should works on every "new" car?

Thx.

greentag

Aug 23, 2010
1. Whait, so when buttons works in cc3 by default after connecting to canbus - they can't be remapped in simple way to individual settings?? Its huge limitation... i have 8 buttons and one knob by my steering wheel, by default 5 of them is usefull (vol+, vol-, mute, prev, next song [when using radio app that two not switching stations, but... switching frequency by Hz step :/ ]), others function is completly useless (one button switching in a circle by: nav, radio, video, something else that i dont remember now - i dont know who use this in real life :/ )... Maybe using Automate Llama app or similar i be able to remap this, I have to try, but this is insane that it must be done with custom app, not nativly :/...

2. Ok, but what about "Car information" app? Is it shoud works on every car when canbus works properly? And climate control widget should works on every "new" car?

Thx.
Climate control indicator, reverse camera, door open/close indicator, radio antenna and volume up/down are all canbus driven by the box/boxes they supply. In my case, I was not able to map the call and hang up buttons on the steering wheel without using the key 1 or key 2 setup. Honda Accord Sport 2013.

Yes, the "Car Information" app should display functions and information of your specific vehicle. IE: TPMS reset, oil life, etc...

I have no idea what car you have, but if you have a Lexus style knob thing to navigate and it's analog, then you should absolutely be able to map it's resistive information to the buttons app on the TEyes head unit, as it has multiple button setup.

corpdecker

Aug 2, 2011
I've got a small issue on a CC3 in my 2016 Nissan Maxima and the seller hasn't been able to figure it out. The reverse lines on my factory backup camera don't seem to be interpretting the left/right signals properly. Any steering wheel movement at all in either direction will turn the lines all the way to that direction, and if I keep turning in one direction, they will bounce back and forth, full left/right, while I'm turning. I couldn't find a sensitivity setting or anything to calm it down. Ideas ?

Densor

Sep 22, 2015
Sydney
The reverse lines on my factory backup camera don't seem to be interpretting the left/right signals properly.
My CC3 is on order from Teyes Australia and I've been researching how to retain the factory backup camera. The factory cameras are either 6 or 3.3 volt and I'll need to drop the voltage supplied from the head unit. I checked out lots of replacement cameras that I might be able to swap in the existing fitting and they all require 12volt. Most have short jumper wires to turn on or off the lines, or even make the image mirror. I know that isn't relevant to your problem as yours is factory and the lines must have previously worked. Did you have to change your camera voltage to retain the factory camera? Are you maybe over powering it?

I saw your question in the Teyes Australia thread. They are drop shipped from China. Mine requires a special facia replacement so I didn't really expect it to be stocked in Australia. It's been a week and two days. Not counting or anything 🤔.

corpdecker

Aug 2, 2011
My CC3 is on order from Teyes Australia and I've been researching how to retain the factory backup camera. The factory cameras are either 6 or 3.3 volt and I'll need to drop the voltage supplied from the head unit. I checked out lots of replacement cameras that I might be able to swap in the existing fitting and they all require 12volt. Most have short jumper wires to turn on or off the lines, or even make the image mirror. I know that isn't relevant to your problem as yours is factory and the lines must have previously worked. Did you have to change your camera voltage to retain the factory camera? Are you maybe over powering it?

I saw your question in the Teyes Australia thread. They are drop shipped from China. Mine requires a special facia replacement so I didn't really expect it to be stocked in Australia. It's been a week and two days. Not counting or anything 🤔.
My factory backup camera appears to be supported through the canbus adapter, as it was in my older PX6 vertical T-style unit. It was plug and play, thankfully, no soldering of resistors or anything. That said, I'm considering installing the backup camera that came with the unit (standard one, not the upgraded one) since the quality of the image is far better than the factory camera. Once seen on a larger screen, it becomes more apparent, kind of like playing an old SD DVD rip on a 4K TV, where it seemed fine on a 26" tube TV back in the day, it looks like hot blurry garbage on the larger hi res display. The aftermarket camera I installed on my wife's 2011 Tucson uses the 12v lines on the harness labeled "Back", and looks a lot better than my factory backup camera. The factory backup camera on my Maxima is a 3.3v camera, but like I said, it's powered from the canbus harness. I'm guessing the harness that comes with your car will support it similar to mine. The fact that the camera and lines worked on my previous unit, which was a total POS, tells me there's probably not a lot of magic needed to support them, but that probably varies based on the vehicle.

I feel you on the waiting part. I checked the shipping status multiple times per day, the worst being when it was sitting in a transshipping warehouse in Chicago for a few days with no status changes. The box the units came in was wet and beat to hell, but thankfully it was packed well enough inside to protect everything by the alibaba seller.
The facia for my Maxima was top notch, matches the interior perfectly, but the one for my wife's Tucson is a little janky looking in comparison. Not horrible, but noticeable if looking for it.

Reactions: Densor

ScouterJ

Apr 5, 2021
I've gotten the cc3 installed in my Honda Vezel 3 wks ago. Just a couple of days ago, I encountered this issue whereby the reverse camera was turned on, even when I'm in Drive or Park mode. I contacted the Teyes Engineer who said I might have connected the wiring wrongly.

However, for the past 3 wks, there wasn't any issue. This issue only cropped up when I attempted to update my canbus apk to the latest via the teyes app. That brings me to my second issue. My canbus seemed to be not working, ie. When I open my door, it won't show as a display on the HU. I know other Vezels with other HUs installed are able to get their canbus to function as what it is supposed to. I was given a new set of canbus and wiring, but when I switched the canbus box, nothing happens. I've did all the possible permutations for the settings to no avail.

To add on to the first issue, the reverse cam turns on suddenly after I drove for a period of time and remains on even after I put to Park. I did detect a faint smell of rubber when driving so I'm not sure if it is due to the power being fed to the back camera continously.

corpdecker

Aug 2, 2011
I've gotten the cc3 installed in my Honda Vezel 3 wks ago. Just a couple of days ago, I encountered this issue whereby the reverse camera was turned on, even when I'm in Drive or Park mode. I contacted the Teyes Engineer who said I might have connected the wiring wrongly.

However, for the past 3 wks, there wasn't any issue. This issue only cropped up when I attempted to update my canbus apk to the latest via the teyes app. That brings me to my second issue. My canbus seemed to be not working, ie. When I open my door, it won't show as a display on the HU. I know other Vezels with other HUs installed are able to get their canbus to function as what it is supposed to. I was given a new set of canbus and wiring, but when I switched the canbus box, nothing happens. I've did all the possible permutations for the settings to no avail.

To add on to the first issue, the reverse cam turns on suddenly after I drove for a period of time and remains on even after I put to Park. I did detect a faint smell of rubber when driving so I'm not sure if it is due to the power being fed to the back camera continously.
My canbus is working, but I don't get the open door popup on screen (it shows on my speedometer screen.) Do your steering wheel controls work (if you have them) ?
As for the backup camera, it does sound like could be wired wrong. Is there any chance you hit a bump and the wires could have gotten knocked loose, or crossed ? From what I've learned trying to debug a parasitic draw on my wife's car with a CC2+, there are 2 brown/tan wires labeled "BACK" that will supply 12v after a relay is switched by the head unit, which is switched by a 12V input to the yellow "Reversing Mode Control" wire. The way I have the camera they sent wired, is the yellow wire in the back is connected to the reverse tail lights, so when I put the car in reverse and those lights get 12v, it sends that signal all the way back up to the "Reversing Mode Control" wire, which flips the relay in the head unit. That then sends 12v to the "BACK" wires, which is connected to the red "ACC" wire, which goes all the way back to the camera and gives it power. When you take it out of reverse, the 12v signal on the camera reverse signal line loses power since the reverse lights in back aren't on anymore, the head unit flips the relay off and the "BACK" wires lose power and the camera turns off. That is all working, but I haven't figured out how to get the reverse camera app to flip that relay so I can see it when not in reverse.
If your backup camera is coming on randomly while you drive and not turning off when you are in park, or whatever, it sounds like maybe the reverse camera control/signal wire is getting 12v applied to it for some reason (loose wire connecting behind the unit?) to flip it on, and it's not seeing that the reverse lights aren't on cause it has 12v from somewhere else. That's just a guess~ Of course if you are using the factory backup camera, that should all be prewired on it's own harness or through the canbus.
Just in case the problem is in the updated canbus app, maybe try downloading and installing this older version I ripped out of the 12/28/2020 firmware https://t.n3t.net/APKs/190000000_com.syu.canbus.apk which is different than the one you downloaded from https://cc3.teyes.ru/apk3/#/ . You also might try reinstalling all 4 of those updated APKs in order from left to right, one at a time and rebooting from the dropdown menu.
Out of curiousity, is the replacement canbus they sent you the same as the original ? According to https://custom.teyes.ru//uploads/20210220/05e727a1c535c86ec74a0938808fbf7f.png it should be a Raize model, same company that made mine.

ScouterJ

Apr 5, 2021
My canbus is working, but I don't get the open door popup on screen (it shows on my speedometer screen.) Do your steering wheel controls work (if you have them) ?
As for the backup camera, it does sound like could be wired wrong. Is there any chance you hit a bump and the wires could have gotten knocked loose, or crossed ? From what I've learned trying to debug a parasitic draw on my wife's car with a CC2+, there are 2 brown/tan wires labeled "BACK" that will supply 12v after a relay is switched by the head unit, which is switched by a 12V input to the yellow "Reversing Mode Control" wire. The way I have the camera they sent wired, is the yellow wire in the back is connected to the reverse tail lights, so when I put the car in reverse and those lights get 12v, it sends that signal all the way back up to the "Reversing Mode Control" wire, which flips the relay in the head unit. That then sends 12v to the "BACK" wires, which is connected to the red "ACC" wire, which goes all the way back to the camera and gives it power. When you take it out of reverse, the 12v signal on the camera reverse signal line loses power since the reverse lights in back aren't on anymore, the head unit flips the relay off and the "BACK" wires lose power and the camera turns off. That is all working, but I haven't figured out how to get the reverse camera app to flip that relay so I can see it when not in reverse.
If your backup camera is coming on randomly while you drive and not turning off when you are in park, or whatever, it sounds like maybe the reverse camera control/signal wire is getting 12v applied to it for some reason (loose wire connecting behind the unit?) to flip it on, and it's not seeing that the reverse lights aren't on cause it has 12v from somewhere else. That's just a guess~ Of course if you are using the factory backup camera, that should all be prewired on it's own harness or through the canbus.
Just in case the problem is in the updated canbus app, maybe try downloading and installing this older version I ripped out of the 12/28/2020 firmware https://t.n3t.net/APKs/190000000_com.syu.canbus.apk which is different than the one you downloaded from https://cc3.teyes.ru/apk3/#/ . You also might try reinstalling all 4 of those updated APKs in order from left to right, one at a time and rebooting from the dropdown menu.
Out of curiousity, is the replacement canbus they sent you the same as the original ? According to https://custom.teyes.ru//uploads/20210220/05e727a1c535c86ec74a0938808fbf7f.png it should be a Raize model, same company that made mine.
Yeah, I'm suspecting it's more of the later, that a wire might have came loose since it seems intermittent. There was once I went over a hump and suddenly the reverse cam screen came on. Might have to get it checked. Thanks for the links, will try to reinstall the apk for the canbus.

By the way, I realised the playstore and chrome browser has some limitations. I'm unable to download Netflix. I found alternative Netflix apks online but the ones I've downloaded doesn't seem to work. Also, I've tried to go on WhatsApp Web via the chrome browser but it kept bringing me to playstore. Does it require android auto to work?

corpdecker

Aug 2, 2011
Yeah, I'm suspecting it's more of the later, that a wire might have came loose since it seems intermittent. There was once I went over a hump and suddenly the reverse cam screen came on. Might have to get it checked. Thanks for the links, will try to reinstall the apk for the canbus.

By the way, I realised the playstore and chrome browser has some limitations. I'm unable to download Netflix. I found alternative Netflix apks online but the ones I've downloaded doesn't seem to work. Also, I've tried to go on WhatsApp Web via the chrome browser but it kept bringing me to playstore. Does it require android auto to work?
shows a working Netflix version, I'm using it. I haven't tried WhatsApp, but it probably is seeing a mobile browser so it's forcing a redirect to the play store.

sgtm7

Oct 22, 2015
For the manual key mapping to work, you have to either have no canbus for the specific steering wheel buttons you want to use, or the buttons must not be mapped to the canbus boxes shipped from the seller in the first place.

There is a "Key 1" and "Key 2" wire on the back of the stereo to make that program work. You have to do the digging on your own vehicle to figure out the wiring. It's just an analog system, so if your steering wheel control is digital, you're out of luck.

I don't know. The first Android head unit I bought for my Cayenne, It came already mapped the same way the OEM was, but I was able to remap the buttons the way I wanted them. The second one I bought, I wasn't able to remap. The CC3 I am not able to remap either. The program just doesn't work. I am thinking it must be the CANBUS box, which box I have selected in the settings, or the app they are using for remapping.

sgtm7

Oct 22, 2015
If mine is indeed a Wondefoo device (it looks identical to internal and external photos I've seen of them and has the same MCU), then it supposedly has an IPS display.

The very first unit I installed in my Cayenne was a Wondefoo device. The CC3 is better in many ways, but with my Wondefoo, I was able to remap my steering wheel keys, which I can't do with the CC3.

kmem

May 23, 2011
The very first unit I installed in my Cayenne was a Wondefoo device. The CC3 is better in many ways, but with my Wondefoo, I was able to remap my steering wheel keys, which I can't do with the CC3.
Yes, I noticed the same with the cc2+ unit. I suspect it's because the cc2+ uses a Canbus dongle rather than the key1/key2 wires for SWC.

hollyao

Apr 30, 2021
Bought the CC3 recently for my Honda HRV / Vezel 2015 model. All is working well except lanewatch, it says "video not supported" and my some complaints are that the pop-up SMS displays messages that I have sent, the scroller on the right when viewing music is too small and doesn't detect touch well so it would be good if this was larger, I have to check whether this is possible but I'd like to randomise my music rather than it play in alphabetical order, I also need to test when I play music from a specific folder whether it limits it to only music in that folder or if it's going to play music from other folders on the USB. If anyone can recommend an apk to download that is a better pop-up SMS app, let me know. I haven't figured out how to enable text-to-speech so I can reply to text messages so if anyone can share some tips, please do!

drake.wind

• Aug 7, 2017
    Don't think I've seen anyone post this, but they put up a fully working carlink beta app ahead of the new update.

https://www.teyes.com.au/pages/tech-portal
    Also, has anyone figured out how to disable the annoying "please stay safe" speed warning?
    Same... Sometimes when speeding up on the freeway, the unit mistakenly think im going very fast with rainbows for a brief moment and the warning starts talking... I haven't found anything to stop it

Reactions: ricanxd

sogeniusio

Jan 25, 2018
    I have the cc3 installed for a few months now. Works great, just the usual quirks that I can live with.

I'm interested to know if Android Auto is supported, if so how do get it setup? I read in a few posts that it works but a separate dongle is required, is this true? Any suggestions on which dongle to purchase?

Top Liked Posts

Hi! Could you please share the TPMS app you are using? I got 2 sets of sensors I used on my previous device. Unfortunately, neither of the 2 apps I have work on CC3. First won't even install, the second installs and runs, but as soon as I pług the USB sensor, app is immediately crashing. Thanks a lot in advance!
      here is the link on the play store, if the bluetooth frequency is good, it should work!

Where this one
      Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
      Could be a holiday thing maybe?
      LOL, this is 9th of MAY, WWII Victory Day in CIS and some other countries
      s1200.jpeg
      Why would someone want to use Android Auto if they are already running Android on their head unit?

I'm asking as I have an Android head unit and am fairly satisfied without using Android Auto. Just want to understand better to see benefits of AA so I can decide whether or not to switch to it.
      what I meant was
      probably not possible, not designed to work this way. maybe some thirdparty app can help with screen brightness adjustment - MacroDroid or something
      I use Bixby Routines in Samsung features to turn on wifi hotspot automatically for a head unit.
      I’m on iOS unfortunately. Apple has added lots of automation to iOS in the past few years but they are crazy stingy with letting people do anything that would negatively impact battery life. They treat us like idiots but in reality the average user is actually an idiot. Hahaha
      Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
      The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
      Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
      Could be a holiday thing maybe?
      LOL, this is 9th of MAY, WWII Victory Day in CIS and some other countries
      s1200.jpeg
      With the key 1 and key 2 wires, could I connect them to a new, separate cluster of buttons to gain additional functionality? What date is sent on key 1 and 2 wires? Is it just binary / high low? How are each of the buttons differentiated if it just analog binary signal?

Do you have any links for further reading?
      It is a more or less standardized resistive network of this type
      Why would someone want to use Android Auto if they are already running Android on their head unit?

I'm asking as I have an Android head unit and am fairly satisfied without using Android Auto. Just want to understand better to see benefits of AA so I can decide whether or not to switch to it.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone