TEYES CC3

Search This thread

noelhibbard

May 4, 2021
How much data does that come out to in GB/m for you? I'm using a $20/m plan from Mint that's 10GB/m and stream HQ quality on Tidal most of the time, not even getting close to using all my data.
I calculated 3.8GB. I haven’t found any plans that cheap. I will look into Mint.

Edit: This is a way better deal but I’m still not sure I want to pay $20/mo (in yearly increments to get that price) when I already have a 65GB plan on my phone. I just noticed you can activate hotspot discoverability in iOS right from the control center so it isn’t all that bad I guess.

Last edited:

noelhibbard

May 4, 2021
I use Bixby Routines in Samsung features to turn on wifi hotspot automatically for a head unit.
I’m on iOS unfortunately. Apple has added lots of automation to iOS in the past few years but they are crazy stingy with letting people do anything that would negatively impact battery life. They treat us like idiots but in reality the average user is actually an idiot. Hahaha

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
Why would someone want to use Android Auto if they are already running Android on their head unit?

I'm asking as I have an Android head unit and am fairly satisfied without using Android Auto. Just want to understand better to see benefits of AA so I can decide whether or not to switch to it.

gottahavit

Nov 10, 2009
I’m on iOS unfortunately. Apple has added lots of automation to iOS in the past few years but they are crazy stingy with letting people do anything that would negatively impact battery life. They treat us like idiots but in reality the average user is actually an idiot. Hahaha
I also use Bixby routines with my Note 10+, works great. I don't do apple, but I did run across this:

does this not work?

drake.wind

• Aug 7, 2017
    If you have root access on your HU we can try some thing to switch it off. You can try to add f.e. a ro.fyt.speed_max=200 line to /oem/app/fyt.prop , save and reboot... i can't check it myself at the moment so pls post results here if you try
    Unfortunately my unit is not rooted and I'm not able to test it

drake.wind

• Aug 7, 2017
    Why would someone want to use Android Auto if they are already running Android on their head unit?

I'm asking as I have an Android head unit and am fairly satisfied without using Android Auto. Just want to understand better to see benefits of AA so I can decide whether or not to switch to it.
    Exactly my thoughts. The only reason i can think of is for people who do not have a data plan aside from their phone and want to use Google maps/Waze and Spotify. But if they do, I'm not sure why they chose the CC3 which main selling point is a standalone do everything itself headunit, while many other headunit exist with built in Android Auto. For people who don't have a sim card, I use and recommend Here WeGo Offline Maps. Also useful to have even for those who have a sim card as backup maps when cell signal is lost. (Google Maps does not reroute when data connection is lost, and useless when out hiking or somewhere far out of coverage)

noelhibbard

May 4, 2021
    I also use Bixby routines with my Note 10+, works great. I don't do apple, but I did run across this:

does this not work?
    You can do a lot with Shortcuts but turning on hotspot discoverability isn’t one of them which I really don’t understand. If I could do it with a shortcut I would use the BT connect to the HU as the trigger or maybe place a NFC tag in the car as a trigger.

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
    Exactly my thoughts. The only reason i can think of is for people who do not have a data plan aside from their phone and want to use Google maps/Waze and Spotify. But if they do, I'm not sure why they chose the CC3 which main selling point is a standalone do everything itself headunit, while many other headunit exist with built in Android Auto. For people who don't have a sim card, I use and recommend Here WeGo Offline Maps. Also useful to have even for those who have a sim card as backup maps when cell signal is lost. (Google Maps does not reroute when data connection is lost, and useless when out hiking or somewhere far out of coverage)
    I have an SPro and I also wanted to use the built-in SIM ability. I also bought an external SIM adapter as I didn't want to remove the head unit to access the SIM slot if I needed to. However, I found that the head unit did not support all of the LTE bands for my carrier, Freedom Mobile. So, what I do now is to create a hotspot on my phone and have the head unit connect to my phone's hotspot. You don't actually need Android Auto just to use the data from your phone SIM.

I have a few Android apps that I don't think would work with Android Auto. They include my Tailwind garage door app, my August lock app, my Ring doorbell app and a few others. I don't think I'd be able to use those through the head unit if I was using Android Auto. From what I understand, Android Auto will only show apps that are enabled to work or show up in Android Auto...and the apps are installed on your phone and not the head unit. I also read that while using Android Auto through the head unit, the phone is not really usable.

FYI, Google Maps and Waze have offline modes that save specific maps or previous routes that can be used without an internet connection as well.

With my current setup I usually use Waze and PowerAmp split-screen with Waze taking 2/3 of the screen and PowerAmp the remaining 1/3 where PowerAmp is playing music from a 128GB USB flash drive.

I was reading up on Android Auto and it looks like there's a way to use it on any head unit and also other devices, such as tablets, that use Android 4.1 and later. There's an app call Headunit Reloaded, available through the Play store, that runs on head units and connects to Android Auto running on a phone. It connects to Android Auto through a USB cable and even through WiFi. You'll have to read up on requirements to make it work. I may try it out just to see what it's like and what Android Auto is like.

KyleLee088

May 21, 2016
    Hi all, I'm having a problem with my CC3 where the output volume for radio, Spotify, music player, etc. is too loud, measuring around 70dB at just volume level 5. However, bluetooth audio is too soft instead and I have to increase the volume level to around 20 for it to be loud enough. I have set radio and music level to 0 in the volume balance settings but it doesn't help much. Is there any other setting or application that can reduce the output volume?

Also, it is possible to disable Teyes Voice, or at least unlink the SWC voice button from it and use it for Google Assistant in Waze app or Android Auto (Headunit Reloaded/Car Link)?

ahzazou

Nov 27, 2009
    I have bought this CC3 headunit for mazda 6 2014 , it worked for couple of weeks with serious issues first issue the button light green color is not working , second issue is screen when weather is hot screen goes black if you touch screen it responds to touches and music still play but screen has issue has anybody faced same issue i bought it from aliexpress and their engineers are not helping me i am stuck i can not open dispute 15 days passed and ali express is not helping to open dispute this is serious issue and Teyes are not helping they ask for money to ship light module l, now after screen issue they neglect my messages and never responds. has anybody faced issue like i did with this ****ty headunit i have !!!

ricanxd

Nov 7, 2011
    I have bought this CC3 headunit for mazda 6 2014 , it worked for couple of weeks with serious issues first issue the button light green color is not working , second issue is screen when weather is hot screen goes black if you touch screen it responds to touches and music still play but screen has issue has anybody faced same issue i bought it from aliexpress and their engineers are not helping me i am stuck i can not open dispute 15 days passed and ali express is not helping to open dispute this is serious issue and Teyes are not helping they ask for money to ship light module l, now after screen issue they neglect my messages and never responds. has anybody faced issue like i did with this ****ty headunit i have !!!
    No issues with mine

Last edited:

corpdecker

Aug 2, 2011
    You might try contacting them directly, their WhatsApp phone number is 8613760995575 (from facebook account) or one of the ones here https://7.teyes.ru/ . It sounds like the ribbon cables might be dislodged a bit, I opened mine up after I pushed the sim card in the wrong slot (lol) and had to rescue it from running around inside the unit, just a few screws takes the backplate off. Don't do that until they tell you to unless you are electronically inclined to fix stuff like that.

drake.wind

• Aug 7, 2017
    I have an SPro and I also wanted to use the built-in SIM ability. I also bought an external SIM adapter as I didn't want to remove the head unit to access the SIM slot if I needed to. However, I found that the head unit did not support all of the LTE bands for my carrier, Freedom Mobile. So, what I do now is to create a hotspot on my phone and have the head unit connect to my phone's hotspot. You don't actually need Android Auto just to use the data from your phone SIM.

I have a few Android apps that I don't think would work with Android Auto. They include my Tailwind garage door app, my August lock app, my Ring doorbell app and a few others. I don't think I'd be able to use those through the head unit if I was using Android Auto. From what I understand, Android Auto will only show apps that are enabled to work or show up in Android Auto...and the apps are installed on your phone and not the head unit. I also read that while using Android Auto through the head unit, the phone is not really usable.

FYI, Google Maps and Waze have offline modes that save specific maps or previous routes that can be used without an internet connection as well.

With my current setup I usually use Waze and PowerAmp split-screen with Waze taking 2/3 of the screen and PowerAmp the remaining 1/3 where PowerAmp is playing music from a 128GB USB flash drive.

I was reading up on Android Auto and it looks like there's a way to use it on any head unit and also other devices, such as tablets, that use Android 4.1 and later. There's an app call Headunit Reloaded, available through the Play store, that runs on head units and connects to Android Auto running on a phone. It connects to Android Auto through a USB cable and even through WiFi. You'll have to read up on requirements to make it work. I may try it out just to see what it's like and what Android Auto is like.
    Yes ideally any way to have the headunit itself have internet connection is optimal, whether from sim card or wifi hotspot. My CC3 comes with the external SIM and is what I am currently using (not all LTE bands supported but enough, rarely lose connection in daily drive). What some of us are just wondering is why other people get the CC3 or Android headunit specifically if they wanted to use Android Auto/Carplay when it currently doesn't even support it, when there are many other head unit that do support it. You are correct Android auto is limited to some apps which is why we don't bother using it, full Android can do much more and better, which is another reason why we are wondering why some people still need Android Auto.
    And yes, Google maps and Waze has some offline maps but they expire and only for limited areas/square and while driving if you take a wrong turn the rerouting is terrible since it keep trying to use data when there is none; and since they expire it always need to keep updating in the background which eats data and bad for people who have data limit. I use Here WeGo Maps especially on long drives because you can download the whole USA or any other country map and it does not expire and is fully offline including rerouting (Can also set whole app to offline mode if you are on limited data plan). Google Maps I use for local city driving finding places to eat etc.

drake.wind

• Aug 7, 2017
    My CC3 unit first started having issues a few days after I got it. The screen started to flash randomly and started to go dark on bottom right side which indicated a bad display (hardware). But just to make sure, I did the following and tested after each, factory reset, flash full latest firmware, loosen some screws maybe was too tight, but problem still happening. I showed my seller my findings and tests and we concluded it was a defectice display. They sent me a new display and it works perfect now. (Note: if you do get a new display you will need to calibrate it and after go to settings to map/reconfigure the side capacitive buttons. I thought my new side buttons were broken but just had re-map them)

drake.wind

• Aug 7, 2017
    Hi all, I'm having a problem with my CC3 where the output volume for radio, Spotify, music player, etc. is too loud, measuring around 70dB at just volume level 5. However, bluetooth audio is too soft instead and I have to increase the volume level to around 20 for it to be loud enough. I have set radio and music level to 0 in the volume balance settings but it doesn't help much. Is there any other setting or application that can reduce the output volume?

Also, it is possible to disable Teyes Voice, or at least unlink the SWC voice button from it and use it for Google Assistant in Waze app or Android Auto (Headunit Reloaded/Car Link)?
    You can go to Settings, Factory (Password: 168), "Volume Balance Settings".

For the using Google Assistant, maybe you can go to same Factory settings under "Panel Key Learning" and change one of the side buttons to Voice.

KyleLee088

May 21, 2016
    You can go to Settings, Factory (Password: 168), "Volume Balance Settings".
    I have already set radio and music in volume balance settings to 0 but they are still too loud at just volume level 5

For the using Google Assistant, maybe you can go to same Factory settings under "Panel Key Learning" and change one of the side buttons to Voice.
    I was referring to the voice command button on the steering wheel, but on the topic of the panel buttons, is there a way to keep the panel button lit up even with the headlights off?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
      Wireless android auto is working?
      no, android auto - wire only. but why do you even need android auto on Android Head Unit? :)
      I see one situation it could be useful - your passenger would like to play his music from his smarphone.
      In that case he would only have to connect to USB cable, and do all the rest, without the driver to distract from the road, and without having to connect to CAR BT.
      Or maybe use apps that are unavailable normally on the device, like Netflix?
      There are a few units that support two phones at the same time.
      Secondly: Go (as passenger) into the settings, pair your phone and play your music. The driver can still use "all the rest" of his/her unit.
      No need at all for Android auto on a full blown unit. Do not buy a 250-450 euro unit to use it with Android Auto.

If you really must/want Android Auto, buy a < 100 euro/dollar 1G/16GB A7 based unit and use that with Android auto. It will be too slow for modern navigation apps or other fancy stuff, but will still function as radio and media player AND as Android auto unit.
      Here is my unit:
      >>>>>>

Here is Teyes:
      >>>>>>
      You should not just compare hardware by CPU radio chip, AMP chip, etc.. They all use the same hardware (more or less), whether it is a FYT, Topways, MTCx, Klyde or other build (and note that Joying, T'eyes, etc. are only resellers who assemble pre-installed, pre-build motherboards from the few real builders with other components into a unit).
      You should compare the MCU firmware and the whether the Android layer is FYT based. Did you do that? Is it FYT based?
      open a terminal and give the command
      Code:
      getprop | grep -i fyt

If nothing is returned you certainly do NOT have a FYT compatible (T'eyes, Joying, some Navifly/Medeke, some Zhan, some Witson, etc.)
      If you get a list of "fyt" properties starting with [ro.build.fyt* , you have a FYT compatible, and therefore most probably a T'eyes compatible.
      if deleting standard Music app is part of what these apps do in order to make them work?
      You are absolutely right. There is no way to work them together. You can use any other player such as AIMP or Poweramp for flac tracks.
      Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
      The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
      Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg

Could be a holiday thing maybe?
      LOL, this is 9th of MAY, WWII Victory Day in CIS and some other countries
      s1200.jpeg
      Thank you Corpdecker, will wait for your feedback before I attempt to purchase, Are you using car play / Auto? How you are operating the CC2p module, is it by using hotspot from your smart phone or you are using a 4G SIM?
      I don't use the Android Auto / Car Play stuff, that's one reason I wanted an Android unit was so I could run the apps directly on there. On my PX6 unit, and what I plan to do initially with the CC2+ and CC3 units, is use Tasker to enable it's hotspot whenever it connects to the Blutooth of the car radio, which will automatically connect to my phone's hotspot. This works well and prevents me from having to manually enable and disable the hotspot every time I get in or out of the car.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone