TEYES CC3

Search This thread

vcazan

• May 12, 2021
    I have a 2020 Nissan Murano. What did you use for your CANBUS settings? Do you have anything listed in the vehicle information app?

Why are you using Android Auto on an Android radio? I've never seen the advantage of that. This is a very powerful radio on its own. If it's only to use the GPS app on your phone, I would recommend using your phone as a hot spot for the radio to connect to and then installing Waze, or Google Maps. You can listen to the radio or other source then while displaying the map.
    Thanks for the reply, no I don't have anything listed in vehicle information app however my steering wheel controls are working. For CANBUS settings I used what was provided by the seller: RZC > Nissan > Trial > RZC.XP(L)

everything works fine including the backup camera, steering wheel controls, etc it's just the radio app stops playing when going into the car link app. Maybe the big May update will solve this issue.

In regards to why I want to use Andrio Auto, its just a personal preference, everything looks and feels better compared to the apps on the radio and since I don't want to buy another data plan as its super expensive in Canada, it's more convenient than turning on my hotspot. Also, I found that the radio uses about 500MB of data on my drive to work and android auto only uses about 30MB. Its probably because I have offline maps loaded on my phone and no way to download them to the radio via Wifi as my house connection will not reach into my driveway.

corpdecker

Aug 2, 2011
    Could you please provide a direct link to that thread at 4pda? I also desperately need this nokill, but did not succed to find it. Cannot make it with Russian language, even with translator (works for reading, but it's not do doable with searching). Thanks a lot in advance!
    I'm using the UDTeam stuff for no kill, https://udteam.ru/systemmanager/ . I rooted my CC3, installed their config APK and set it up to not kill the apps I want protected, seems to be working fine so far. I've got the files for root mirrored on https://t.n3t.net/ in the Downloads tab. 0311_system.rar first, then ROOT_11032021.zip was what worked for me eventually. Rooting also helped me connect a BT OBDII reader that wasn't working before by editing the /oem/app/config.txt file setting sys.fyt.bluetooth_type=0

aussie2802

Oct 16, 2010
    Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to manually configure steering wheel controls to CC3? I have an older car with analog controls. The learning video is in Chinese and I can't figure it out.

Regards

Aussie280

Ravvar

May 29, 2016
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg

ttoton

Oct 30, 2016
    Cracow
    www.toton.pl
    Dear KёniG,

can You tell me please where I can find this WidgetUpdater app because on Google Play I cannot find it :( can You also tell me please if I really need to install also UDT System Manager to protect WidgetUpdater to not be killed during Standby? on 4pda I saw some discussion about it but becuase it was in Russian and I'm not fluent in this language so I decided to ask You here about it :)

THX a lot for any feedback!
    Dear KёniG,

I also installed UDT System Manager + NoKill + Widget updater.
    It seems to be working mostly, WidgetUpdater is fantastic with track thumbnail pic (I use it for Spotify).
    However, my original Music Player app, which I used for listening to FLAC files, has dissappeared.
    Do you know if deleting standard Music app is part of what these apps do in order to make them work?

That is not what I wanted - now I have no app to listen to MP3 / FLAC files. ;)
    Is there a way to have both and switch them easily (as I expected)?

KyleLee088

May 21, 2016
    The only issue I am having and I hope someone has a solution to is the fact that I cant use the radio while using Android auto, if I exit back home from car link app, turn on the radio and go back to car link the radio sound stops.
    I'm using Headunit Reloaded, but this should work for Carlink app as well: Start playing the radio by opening the app (not from the play button on the home screen), then switch to Carlink app using the menu button (square button on top left corner after swiping down). This should allow the radio to keep playing with Android Auto.

Does anyone know how to manually configure steering wheel controls to CC3? I have an older car with analog controls. The learning video is in Chinese and I can't figure it out.
    Once you opened the steering app, you will see multiple sections, each section with 2 grids (+). Each section represents one button on your steering wheel, and the left grid in a section represents the action for short press, while the right grid represents the action for long press (ie. MODE button in my car is set to SRC for short press, MUTE for long press, left grid is SRC, right grid is MUTE). To assign a button, simply select the grid (+), hold down the steering wheel button and tap the corresponding action on the screen. Once you have all buttons assigned, simply press the tick to save.

corpdecker

Aug 2, 2011
    Do you know if deleting standard Music app is part of what these apps do in order to make them work?

That is not what I wanted - now I have no app to listen to MP3 / FLAC files. ;)
    Is there a way to have both and switch them easily (as I expected)?
    I found that VLC actually has a pretty nice UI, and it'll play almost media file you can find

maratoneta

Apr 9, 2009
    Hi, I am writing for a problem. When I listen to the radio or music I set a certain volume, for example, 15. I receive a phone call and I have to turn the volume up to the maximum as 15 is too low. The phone call ends and the music starts again with the volume at maximum and I have to bring it back to 15. Is there a way to make sure that the 2 volumes are independent? Thank you

corpdecker

Aug 2, 2011
    Hi, I am writing for a problem. When I listen to the radio or music I set a certain volume, for example, 15. I receive a phone call and I have to turn the volume up to the maximum as 15 is too low. The phone call ends and the music starts again with the volume at maximum and I have to bring it back to 15. Is there a way to make sure that the 2 volumes are independent? Thank you
    Did you mess around with the volume adjustment settings ? There's a settings option that lets you raise or lower the baseline volume for different sources, might try boosting phone to max and see if it evens them out.

corpdecker

Aug 2, 2011
    I'm at work right now so can't go see exactly, but if you look around the settings it should be pretty obvious. I'll try to check during lunch break in an hour or so

ttoton

Oct 30, 2016
    Cracow
    www.toton.pl
    Hi,
    I just installed the Teyes CC3 6/128 GB as a replacement for an Xtrons PX5 in my Ford Focus2. Great device; I studied all the functions: Just a few bugs as shown in my video. I also took the ADAS cam (a little gadget). The Sony reversing cam: perfect. The TPMS module comes from the PX5, as well as the key DAB +
    Hi! Could you please share the TPMS app you are using? I got 2 sets of sensors I used on my previous device. Unfortunately, neither of the 2 apps I have work on CC3. First won't even install, the second installs and runs, but as soon as I pług the USB sensor, app is immediately crashing. Thanks a lot in advance!

ttoton

Oct 30, 2016
    Cracow
    www.toton.pl
    Anyone had luck logging into Google on their CC3? Mine just kicks me out of the login over and over.

Also, has anyone had luck programming custom buttons in the steering wheel controls app? Mine does nada.
    I did. But all my Google contacts got wiped out at first login. I was lucky to be logged on q second device and got w csv backup I used to restore them. If not I would have lost them - really bad bug, Teyes...

ttoton

Oct 30, 2016
    Cracow
    www.toton.pl
    Sorry i think you dont understand my question , i mean can i still use the original player ? Since installing the Widget updater when i try tu turn on the original music player it starts straight away spotify
    I have the same question. Since I installed musicproxy + widget updater, original music app disappeared completely. It cannot be even found on all applications list. Sorry, but if i want to use Spotify as my default player and have it on the main screen widget, it doesn't mean i don't need it at all. I still want to be able to play mp3 and FLAC files- now I don't have a player for them. How can I restore this app to be available from all apps list?

Top Liked Posts

Im not at home ,but i will try this overlap thing :))
      This update is it functional in all languages, because on the Teyes link: "https://cc3.teyes.ru/en/update.html"it is still marked COMING SOON!
      I just updated in English. I got it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u_7sBUZ8X47lhJiQ4hUDeLZib7Ijnrii/view

The MD5 hash on the file is 7895545795C7DC3A94F1DEB1DD7C2E7A
      Wireless android auto is working?
      no, android auto - wire only. but why do you even need android auto on Android Head Unit? :)
      Here is my unit:
      >>>>>>

Here is Teyes:
      >>>>>>
      You should not just compare hardware by CPU radio chip, AMP chip, etc.. They all use the same hardware (more or less), whether it is a FYT, Topways, MTCx, Klyde or other build (and note that Joying, T'eyes, etc. are only resellers who assemble pre-installed, pre-build motherboards from the few real builders with other components into a unit).
      You should compare the MCU firmware and the whether the Android layer is FYT based. Did you do that? Is it FYT based?
      open a terminal and give the command
      Code:
      getprop | grep -i fyt

If nothing is returned you certainly do NOT have a FYT compatible (T'eyes, Joying, some Navifly/Medeke, some Zhan, some Witson, etc.)
      If you get a list of "fyt" properties starting with [ro.build.fyt* , you have a FYT compatible, and therefore most probably a T'eyes compatible.
      No need to apologize.
      Here is my unit:
      8 core
      Up to 6 GB memory and 128 GB of storage or 4GB/64GB (They accidentally sent me the 4/64 but sent me a dash cam and TPMS instead)
      9 and 10.1 inch 1280 x 720 QLED +2.5D screen.
      Phillips NXP TEF6686 FM radio.
      ST TDA 7851L amplifier.
      2 x USB 2.0 ports.
      Android 10.
      Rohm32107 DSP 32 EQ.
      Optical + Coaxial+ SPDIF output
      External mic. in.
      2.4 and 5 GHz wifi.
      Full hd rear view camera.
      Built in 4G modem.
      Navigation receives GPS,GLONASS and BEIDOU satellites.

Here is Teyes:
      UIS7862 (Unisoc ums512) SOC
      8 core 12 nm big.LITTLE with 2 A75 and 6 A55 cores.
      Up to 6 GB memory and 128 GB of storage.
      9 and 10.1 inch 1280 x 720 QLED +2.5D screen.
      Phillips NXP TEF6686 FM radio.
      ST TDA 7851L amplifier.
      3 x USB 2.0 ports.
      Android 10.
      2 DSP ADAU1701 + Rohm32107 27 EQ.
      Optical + Coaxial output.
      External mic. in.
      2.4 and 5 GHz wifi.
      Full hd rear view camera.
      Built in 4G modem.
      Gyroscope.
      Navigation receives GPS,GLONASS and BEIDOU satellites.

They have a cooler UI but it seems like everyone wants to root these things. I had to install an alternate launcher to change homescreen from the stupid analog clock and stock music player to my music player, waze, ad free youtube etc.

Oh, and most forums say 80GB max external storage... I got a SanDisk Extreme SSD 1TB working with all my music but VLC, Proton PRO, and the Music app it came with would not load that many songs they just kept parsing media. So I used Vanilla Player and it works perfect for high quality .FLAC files. Saves the album covers and songs in 2 minutes for 1TB. I want to try foobar2000 as well, I hear it's even faster. Also got google play store working with the update they sent me.
      Im not at home ,but i will try this overlap thing :))
      Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
      The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
      Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
      Why would someone want to use Android Auto if they are already running Android on their head unit?

I'm asking as I have an Android head unit and am fairly satisfied without using Android Auto. Just want to understand better to see benefits of AA so I can decide whether or not to switch to it.
      Could be a holiday thing maybe?
      LOL, this is 9th of MAY, WWII Victory Day in CIS and some other countries
      s1200.jpeg
      Thank you Corpdecker, will wait for your feedback before I attempt to purchase, Are you using car play / Auto? How you are operating the CC2p module, is it by using hotspot from your smart phone or you are using a 4G SIM?
      I don't use the Android Auto / Car Play stuff, that's one reason I wanted an Android unit was so I could run the apps directly on there. On my PX6 unit, and what I plan to do initially with the CC2+ and CC3 units, is use Tasker to enable it's hotspot whenever it connects to the Blutooth of the car radio, which will automatically connect to my phone's hotspot. This works well and prevents me from having to manually enable and disable the hotspot every time I get in or out of the car.