TEYES CC3

Search This thread

JMM44700

Jun 17, 2018
Orvault
Hi! Could you please share the TPMS app you are using? I got 2 sets of sensors I used on my previous device. Unfortunately, neither of the 2 apps I have work on CC3. First won't even install, the second installs and runs, but as soon as I pług the USB sensor, app is immediately crashing. Thanks a lot in advance!
here is the link on the play store, if the bluetooth frequency is good, it should work!

Where this one

Last edited:
Reactions: ttoton

CaliBurr

• May 14, 2021
    I think I have this unit. Can someone confirm? I also got the ADAS camera... All hardware looks identical. mine is the 64g 4 g ram version. I ordered the 128g 6g and they sent the wrong one, so they sent the adas camera and TPMS for free. Would I be able to use the upgrade firmware for the TEYES cc3 on this unit?

ttoton

Oct 30, 2016
    Cracow
    www.toton.pl
    You need to uninstall WidgetUpdater and MusicProxy, then you can use the default player. Or or.
    Maybe I could install any other media player (I don't need exactly the original one), that could be launched from the apps list, to be able to listen to FLAC files from time to time? That would do just fine. Would that work?

ttoton

Oct 30, 2016
    Cracow
    www.toton.pl
    here is the link on the play store, if the bluetooth frequency is good, it should work!

Where this one
    Thanks a lot, will try to install these ones. | Merci beaucoup!

ttoton

Oct 30, 2016
    Cracow
    www.toton.pl
    Why would someone want to use Android Auto if they are already running Android on their head unit?
    I see one situation it could be useful - your passenger would like to play his music from his smarphone.
    In that case he would only have to connect to USB cable, and do all the rest, without the driver to distract from the road, and without having to connect to CAR BT.
    Or maybe use apps that are unavailable normally on the device, like Netflix?

corpdecker

Aug 2, 2011
    Maybe I could install any other media player (I don't need exactly the original one), that could be launched from the apps list, to be able to listen to FLAC files from time to time? That would do just fine. Would that work?
    I suggested VLC for this a few posts back, it's what I use, but there are plenty out there to try out and see which you like the most.

ttoton

Oct 30, 2016
    Cracow
    www.toton.pl
    Hallo, ik ben nieuw hier, gisteren ik eindelijk mijn teyes cc3 in belgie voor mijn opel insignia 2011 na 2 maanden wachten, ik heb het al gedeeltelijk geïnstalleerd maar kan iemand me vertellen of de stuurwielfuncties werken en ook het paneel onder de radio (dvd800 -paneel) Ik hoop op een reactie, want na het lange wachten is mijn verkopersbescherming gedaan met AliExpress, ik heb het eerder aangezet en het scherm werkt en ik heb de 4 downloads gedownload die met canbus zijn, maar momenteel stuurwielknoppen werken niet
    You need to make sure what is you canbus model (read the name on the box) - then follow the instructions on the website, or in the preinstalled Teyes app.
    It chosen right (you need to find Canbus settins in your device Options) - your steering wheel controls and climat controle OSD should start to work - it worked for me.
    For me, I was sur I got the MZR canbus, and that was until I read the label on the box, which said Hiworld ;) When I set up the options right, all keys started to work.

Mario7000

May 18, 2021
    Hello! Please, can you help me?
    I've got the cc3 but I don't get signal from the sim card (with wifi it is ok). The cc3 recognice the sim card but thats all. In the menu User/Security I found the option "SIM Card lock", and there is like a check to active it, but I can't touch it on, I put it but it make nothing. Did you set anything in order to use the sim card signal? I've the sim card in the SIM slot 1, inside the radio. Thanks in advance!

corpdecker

Aug 2, 2011
    I've got the cc3 but I don't get signal from the sim card (with wifi it is ok). The cc3 recognice the sim card but thats all. In the menu User/Security I found the option "SIM Card lock", and there is like a check to active it, but I can't touch it on, I put it but it make nothing. Did you set anything in order to use the sim card signal? I've the sim card in the SIM slot 1, inside the radio. Thanks in advance!
    I'm using a sim inside the radio as well, all I had to do was reboot it using the drop-down menu and hit restart and "sure"

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
    I see one situation it could be useful - your passenger would like to play his music from his smarphone.
    In that case he would only have to connect to USB cable, and do all the rest, without the driver to distract from the road, and without having to connect to CAR BT.

I think without Android Auto the passenger would still be able to connect a USB cable and play music or videos from the USB attached phone. I believe it would show up as a media device or a storage device. I'm not sure how Android Auto would let you play the music from the passenger's smartphone, though.

Also, I don't believe Netflix would be useable through Android Auto. In fact, it's the other way around...Netflix would be playable without Android Auto and I don't think it would work with Android Auto.

Have you tried either of these yourself? With or without Android Auto?

marchnz

• Nov 26, 2012
    wombleton
    I think without Android Auto the passenger would still be able to connect a USB cable and play music or videos from the USB attached phone. I believe it would show up as a media device or a storage device. I'm not sure how Android Auto would let you play the music from the passenger's smartphone, though.

Also, I don't believe Netflix would be useable through Android Auto. In fact, it's the other way around...Netflix would be playable without Android Auto and I don't think it would work with Android Auto.

Have you tried either of these yourself? With or without Android Auto?

These devices do not run Android Auto:)

ttoton

Oct 30, 2016
    Cracow
    www.toton.pl
    Mine was working fine 'right from the box', I didn't have to do anything. Plug and play. Maybe your SIM is actually PIN-protected? Did you use it on other device? If so, did you use the PIN?

surfer63

May 4, 2010
    Zwolle
    hvdwolf.github.io
    There are a few units that support two phones at the same time.
    Secondly: Go (as passenger) into the settings, pair your phone and play your music. The driver can still use "all the rest" of his/her unit.
    No need at all for Android auto on a full blown unit. Do not buy a 250-450 euro unit to use it with Android Auto.

If you really must/want Android Auto, buy a < 100 euro/dollar 1G/16GB A7 based unit and use that with Android auto. It will be too slow for modern navigation apps or other fancy stuff, but will still function as radio and media player AND as Android auto unit.

ttoton

Oct 30, 2016
    Cracow
    www.toton.pl
    No need at all for Android auto on a full blown unit. Do not buy a 250-450 euro unit to use it with Android Auto.

If you really must/want Android Auto, buy a < 100 euro/dollar 1G/16GB A7 based unit and use that with Android auto. It will be too slow for modern navigation apps or other fancy stuff, but will still function as radio and media player AND as Android auto unit.
    I thing you missed my point. It wasn't me that told he wanted the Android Auto on the unit.
    I just tried to find situations where it could be useful.
    It would actually make sens on a cheap, slow unit, as you said, so that all the computing was made on a smartphone.
    Sure, passenger can connect to units BT, but just plugging the cable is much faster and easier. And you don't want to authorise someone who might be a one-time passenger. Or you got 2 of your phones connected to the unit (private and professional).
    Whatever ;)

And - even if I buy the most expensive unit, so that it can easily do anything I need, I would expect it also can do Android Auto. Because. All todays smartphones can do that.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
    Zwolle
    hvdwolf.github.io
    I thing you missed my point. It wasn't me that told he wanted the Android Auto on the unit.
    It would actually make sens on a cheap, slow unit, as you said, so that all the computing was made on a smartphone.
    Sure, passenger can connect to units BT, but just plugging the cable is much faster and easier. And you don't want to authorise someone who might be a one-time passenger. Or you got 2 of your phones connected to the unit (private and professional).
    Whatever ;)

And - even if I buy the most expensive unit, so that it can easily do anything I need, I would expect it also can do Android Auto. Because. All todays smartphones can do that.
    I didn't attack you :) I just gave another reason why not to use AA, or in combination with a cheap unit (50-100 EUR/dollar)
    And simply because it can, doesn't mean you need to. There is so much "backwards" compatibility now in modern devices, that I don't even want that "backwards" functionality. ;)

Reactions: drake.wind

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      There are a few units that support two phones at the same time.
      Secondly: Go (as passenger) into the settings, pair your phone and play your music. The driver can still use "all the rest" of his/her unit.

Wireless android auto is working?
      no, android auto - wire only. but why do you even need android auto on Android Head Unit? :)
      Here is my unit:
      >>>>>>

Here is Teyes:
      >>>>>>
      You should not just compare hardware by CPU radio chip, AMP chip, etc.. They all use the same hardware (more or less), whether it is a FYT, Topways, MTCx, Klyde or other build (and note that Joying, T'eyes, etc. are only resellers who assemble pre-installed, pre-build motherboards from the few real builders with other components into a unit).
      You should compare the MCU firmware and the whether the Android layer is FYT based. Did you do that? Is it FYT based?
      open a terminal and give the command
      Code:
      getprop | grep -i fyt

If nothing is returned you certainly do NOT have a FYT compatible (T'eyes, Joying, some Navifly/Medeke, some Zhan, some Witson, etc.)
      If you get a list of "fyt" properties starting with [ro.build.fyt* , you have a FYT compatible, and therefore most probably a T'eyes compatible.
      Hi! Could you please share the TPMS app you are using? I got 2 sets of sensors I used on my previous device. Unfortunately, neither of the 2 apps I have work on CC3. First won't even install, the second installs and runs, but as soon as I pług the USB sensor, app is immediately crashing. Thanks a lot in advance!

Where this one
      Whatever ;)

I didn't attack you :) I just gave another reason why not to use AA, or in combination with a cheap unit (50-100 EUR/dollar)
      And simply because it can, doesn't mean you need to. There is so much "backwards" compatibility now in modern devices, that I don't even want that "backwards" functionality. ;)
      Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
      The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
      Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
      Why would someone want to use Android Auto if they are already running Android on their head unit?

I'm asking as I have an Android head unit and am fairly satisfied without using Android Auto. Just want to understand better to see benefits of AA so I can decide whether or not to switch to it.
      Could be a holiday thing maybe?
      LOL, this is 9th of MAY, WWII Victory Day in CIS and some other countries
      s1200.jpeg
      Thank you Corpdecker, will wait for your feedback before I attempt to purchase, Are you using car play / Auto? How you are operating the CC2p module, is it by using hotspot from your smart phone or you are using a 4G SIM?
      I don't use the Android Auto / Car Play stuff, that's one reason I wanted an Android unit was so I could run the apps directly on there. On my PX6 unit, and what I plan to do initially with the CC2+ and CC3 units, is use Tasker to enable it's hotspot whenever it connects to the Blutooth of the car radio, which will automatically connect to my phone's hotspot. This works well and prevents me from having to manually enable and disable the hotspot every time I get in or out of the car.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone