• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

TEYES CC3

Search This thread

Greennos

Jun 9, 2021
Hi,
I have several issues with my CC3. First, I started to have Waze keeping on crashing every time I was typing in a destination. I found a way to insert destinations using the Favorite functions where I can add a new favorite with an address that I type in. but this is quite not convenient... then I was looking for updating Waze and other softwares from Google Play. Waze could update but the bug is still. From Google Play, I also realized that many apps had to be updated but some wouldn't update. I figured out that the faulty app page layout on Google Play was different from those for which update was working (the Update buton was in another place). Finally, fed up with all these bugs, I started to look after a ROM update of my CC3. and now that I finally found how to do it wand where to download, Teyes seems to be late on releasing the latest update. My ROM is dated from 2020-10-19. I'm sure there is an intermediate version of it which one of you could share.
would someone share the latest stable release?
thanks

noelhibbard

May 4, 2021
Hi,
I have several issues with my CC3. First, I started to have Waze keeping on crashing every time I was typing in a destination. I found a way to insert destinations using the Favorite functions where I can add a new favorite with an address that I type in. but this is quite not convenient... then I was looking for updating Waze and other softwares from Google Play. Waze could update but the bug is still. From Google Play, I also realized that many apps had to be updated but some wouldn't update. I figured out that the faulty app page layout on Google Play was different from those for which update was working (the Update buton was in another place). Finally, fed up with all these bugs, I started to look after a ROM update of my CC3. and now that I finally found how to do it wand where to download, Teyes seems to be late on releasing the latest update. My ROM is dated from 2020-10-19. I'm sure there is an intermediate version of it which one of you could share.
would someone share the latest stable release?
thanks
You can find all updates here:

And a direct link to the most recent release (2021-03-11) is here:

Reactions: Greennos

corpdecker

Aug 2, 2011
I've got an issue with my CC3 that the seller doesn't seem to be able to give any guidance on, and it's a weird one. I installed a sub in my car right before this started happening, so it may be related. Every once in awhile, maybe every 5th time I start the car, only the sub has any audio, the rest is silent. After a lot of troubleshooting, I discovered that unplugging the canbus decoder and plugging it back in (while still running) was the only thing that would bring the music/sound back to the regular speakers. The sub is the only thing plugged into the harness, which has like 4 other RCA connections. My car only has 2, so it normally works with the other harness. I tried plugging in the 2 RCA cables for my car's factory amp to each of the 4 on the same harness as the sub, but I get no sound at all from any of them.
I also noticed that while my SWC and such work (canbus controlled), if I go to the car settings for canbus type, it appears to be reset. Has anyone run across this before ? The only solution I can think of so far is to wire a switch to the dash to toggle power to the canbus decoder when it goes quiet, since taking the stereo out every other day is bananas.

ejacobs

Nov 16, 2007
Does anyone have a working link to the NaviFilter_update.zip patch. This is the one that allows you to add additional navigation apps for selection.

JMM44700

Jun 17, 2018
Orvault
Does anyone have a working link to the NaviFilter_update.zip patch. This is the one that allows you to add additional navigation apps for selection.
To download "Navi Filter", you have to register on "4PDA" by filling out the captcha. I overcame this difficulty in 2/3 hours of Perseverance (you have to convert a number written into handwritten Cyrillic characters).
Yesterday I installed "FrontApp for teyes": see post #822 / # 823. Thank noelhibbard
or directly on Google Play. even more flexible!

Reactions: ejacobs

Xybertecnic

Jul 19, 2019
I just received the CC3 for my 2020 Corolla Hybrid with original JBL amplifier, but I have no sound at all. I tried different Canbus settings, but nothing seems to work. (tried corolla different types, tried RAV4 different types etc) The messages from air conditioning, original rearview camera and volume buttons all work, just no sound whatsoever. Tried contacting Teyes via Whatsapp, but they only told me to try different setting, which also didn't solve anything.
After that also went into teyes app instead of directly to canbus, and there it shows that the canbus drivers need to be updated, tried that, but also did not help.
I have had (and still have until this one works) a Dasaita android unit so far which also has a canbus adapter and everything works normally with that radio. Just some infrequent 'pop/reboot issue' which is why I wanted to try the Teyes in the first place. Unfortunately the canbus adapter has different connections, otherwise I could try that one.
Any ideas?

Xybertecnic

Jul 19, 2019
Hello, I,ve finally bought the cc3 for my rav4, just wanted to ask you if the cc3 supports hdmi...I'd like to connect screens for the backseats. Thanks!
Did you get it to work? I used to have dasaita also, connection worked fine, but now have bought CC3 and there is no sound, I also have the JBL version, I have Corolla, but it has RAV4 interface and canbus adapter

gamer765

Jan 14, 2009
I just received the CC3 for my 2020 Corolla Hybrid with original JBL amplifier, but I have no sound at all. I tried different Canbus settings, but nothing seems to work. (tried corolla different types, tried RAV4 different types etc) The messages from air conditioning, original rearview camera and volume buttons all work, just no sound whatsoever. Tried contacting Teyes via Whatsapp, but they only told me to try different setting, which also didn't solve anything.
After that also went into teyes app instead of directly to canbus, and there it shows that the canbus drivers need to be updated, tried that, but also did not help.
I have had (and still have until this one works) a Dasaita android unit so far which also has a canbus adapter and everything works normally with that radio. Just some infrequent 'pop/reboot issue' which is why I wanted to try the Teyes in the first place. Unfortunately the canbus adapter has different connections, otherwise I could try that one.
Any ideas?
You probably didn't mention to them that you have a JBL amplifier, you most likely need a special harness that interfaces with the amplifier. The harness will have an amplifier control interface that will turn on your amplifier. Right now the head unit is outputting sound but since it's not connected to the amplifier, it can't turn it on.

Your sound system is most likely wired like this:
Headunit --> amplifier --> speakers
Either bypass the amplifier, or find a way to power it on.

Last edited:

Xybertecnic

Jul 19, 2019
You probably didn't mention to them that you have a JBL amplifier, you most likely need a special harness that interfaces with the amplifier. The harness will have an amplifier control interface that will turn on your amplifier. Right now the head unit is outputting sound but since it's not connected to the amplifier, it can't turn it on.

Your sound system is most likely wired like this:
Headunit --> amplifier --> speakers
Either bypass the amplifier, or find a way to power it on.
I did specifically mention it is a JBL version, also I think the wiring for a non amplifier is different (different plugs) because the first set I received with the Dasaita was also for a non JBL version and didn't fit, they send me a new cable set afterwards which did.
The Teyes came with a standard cable set, and a specific cable set for my car in a separate bag, this cable set fitted all the connectors correctly. I have no idea how to bypass or activate the JBL, but if the cable set is wrong they should send me the correct one I guess. So far they didn't help me much, let's see what happens if I start a dispute then...

Xybertecnic

Jul 19, 2019
Go into your headunit settings and find the amp setting, it might be set to off.
I have tried it on and off, no difference. I wonder if it is the cable set or if it could be just the canbus adapter, I did some searching today, and while the radio came with the HiWorld TYF6.20 I also found a TYF2.20 which mentions Camry JBL while on the one I got I don't see JBL anywhere. I obviously don't have a camry, but I think camry, RAV4 and corolla all have the same system

khaosengine

Mar 8, 2012
im waiting on delivery of the cc3.. im curious about this "teyes vision".. looks a bit rubbish, is there a way of disabling it? or removing it from the home screen, as it takes up so much room! or is using agama, or nova launcher the way to go? Many thanks guys

Xybertecnic

Jul 19, 2019
im waiting on delivery of the cc3.. im curious about this "teyes vision".. looks a bit rubbish, is there a way of disabling it? or removing it from the home screen, as it takes up so much room! or is using agama, or nova launcher the way to go? Many thanks guys
You don't need it, you can alaso choose to show navigation, but it is either google maps or their own software, I have installed IGO, but I didn't get the selection possibility to show that unfortunately

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
I agree with both of you. I don't understand why eveyone is so enthusiastic about the T'eyes launcher. I admit: it looks cool, but it is actually the most inflexible launcher so far for the FYT units.
And that Google Maps and Yandex Navigator are displayed in "windowed mode", has nothing to do with the launcher, but with Maps and Yandex. It will simply not work with other nav apps unless these nav apps enable the same option.
And the other shortcuts "point" only to their own apps (music, radio) and need mods or specific apps to change them.
It's leaving the "open" Android concept and provide a "fixed style and layout" unit like builtin brand units in cars. If you are happy with that: Great! (and I mean it)

But there is a world of launchers offering the same Yandex/Maps integrations with a ton more flexibility.

Last edited:

khaosengine

Mar 8, 2012
im pretty sure by the looks of things, I'll be using AGAMA or nova as soon as the device arrives. Not being able to choose my own apps, kinda sucks in my opinion!

noelhibbard

May 4, 2021
I agree with both of you. I don't understand why eveyone is so enthusiastic about the T'eyes launcher. I admit: it looks cool, but it is actually the most inflexible launcher so far for the FYT units.
And that Google Maps and Yandex Navigator are displayed in "windowed mode", has nothing to do with the launcher, but with Maps and Yandex. It will simply not work with other nav apps unless these nav apps enable the same option.
And the other shortcuts "point" only to their own apps (music, radio) and need mods or specific apps to change them.
It's leaving the "open" Android concept and provide a "fixed style and layout" unit like builtin brand units in cars. If you are happy with that: Great! (and I mean it)

But there is a world of launchers offering the same Yandex/Maps integrations with a ton more flexibility.
I'm not that perficient with Android and especially not these FYT head units. Which launcher do you prefer? I'm not at all impressed with the Teyes launcher either. The little icon tray is the only thing I use. I'd much rather have a full screen with app icons to work with. I don't care about a map in a small window or an animated car. I spend most of my time in CarPlay and when not in CarPlay I just want to have a screen full of icons for apps I want to launch in full screen mode. On any other Android devices I've used Nova but I'm thinking it would be nice if the icons were scaled up a bit for ease of use while driving.

Reactions: khaosengine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At the moment it is not available at 4pda and i'm not sure it will be. For now it is exclusively available here and you are not allowed to share direct links to firmware or reupload it somewhere.
    My friend , where do you se asking for eta? I just asked because is difficult to undestend russian. Don't ask for update rulles is apllied only if this was a rom thread, wich is not.
    The new update with update log is here https://cc3.teyes.ru/en/update.html , the one who have installed the previous update, can now update from the CC3 radio itself by tap on the FOTA button.
    In my opinion , they update gimmicks instead of structural software problems like the button mapping bug and the google contacts issues for some users who want to use that feature.
    Thanks...just downloaded and extracted files to thumb drive, but update doesn't seem to be taking. I get like 4 lines of text, and then says update complete...but nothing has changed and Google still crashes. Attached a photo of what I get during update. Any advice?
    All good...got it to work. My dumb ass was unzipping the folder that I unpacked from the rar file and that seemed to be the issue
    I have the teyes cc3 on a seat leon mk3 2019
    I don't have 12v output on wire A1: amp-pow amplify control
    What do I do to get 12v output when I turn on the radio and turn on the external amplifier.

The 12V output must be activated: AMP ON / OFF as Teyes video n°10 below at 0'50 "
    Hi everybody, I am new here and new to android Head Unit. So, I have question regarding the Teyes CC3 and Dasaita PX6 MAX10. I recently purchased the PX6 MAX10 with Android 10 out of the box, but there was problem with the screen (flickering and screen out of alignment) so I returned it to the seller for the replacement. However, I find that the Teyes CC3 is kind of cool Head Unit that has better UI interface and cooling fan. I am wondering if the TEYES CC3 can support factory reverse camera or not? I look every where on the internet and their description but no info about that. My car is 2016 Rav4 (non-JBL) and this is the link to the unit that I found. https://m.alibaba.com/product/1600136249611/TEYES-CC3-For-Toyota-RAV4-4.html?__sceneInfo={"cacheTime":"1800000","type":"appDetailShare"}
    Thank you.
    Hi I am in the same shoes except my dasaita is still working but like teyes cc3 as it has better hw and sw. However I am also not sure if they provide every cable plug and play like they do with dasaita and I am also not sure if OEM camera and OEM usb are still working with teyes ccc3? Do you have any new or experience in this regard?
    Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
    The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
    Why would someone want to use Android Auto if they are already running Android on their head unit?

I'm asking as I have an Android head unit and am fairly satisfied without using Android Auto. Just want to understand better to see benefits of AA so I can decide whether or not to switch to it.
    Could be a holiday thing maybe?
    LOL, this is 9th of MAY, WWII Victory Day in CIS and some other countries
    s1200.jpeg
    Wireless android auto is working?
    no, android auto - wire only. but why do you even need android auto on Android Head Unit? :)