• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Hardware Development TEYES CC3

Search This thread

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
Which launcher do you prefer?
Now you might get a lot of answer from other users as well. I'ts a question of taste and prersonal preferences.
Good car launchers are a.o. FCC Launcer, Car Web Guru, Agama
Other good launchers are Nova (I have it and it allows icon resizing), Microsoft Launcher, and actually many many others.

But why such an expensive unit if you use CarPlay? In that case you should have chosen the cheapest unit that allows use of CarPlay, with 2GB memory. Not 1 GB, but 4GB or 6GB are also over the top with use of CarPlay.
(and a simple, lightweight launcher)

noelhibbard

May 4, 2021
Now you might get a lot of answer from other users as well. I'ts a question of taste and prersonal preferences.
Good car launchers are a.o. FCC Launcer, Car Web Guru, Agama
Other good launchers are Nova (I have it and it allows icon resizing), Microsoft Launcher, and actually many many others.

But why such an expensive unit if you use CarPlay? In that case you should have chosen the cheapest unit that allows use of CarPlay, with 2GB memory. Not 1 GB, but 4GB or 6GB are also over the top with use of CarPlay.
(and a simple, lightweight launcher)

Because it has a large screen and nice integrated look. I also wanted to be able to run native Android apps for a few tasks. I got the 3GB version because anything less sucks on Android in my experience and anything more would have been overkill for my needs.

khaosengine

Mar 8, 2012
You could try Nova, as you have used it before, I think you can increase and tinker with the icon sizes? I know you can specify how many rows etc.. Agama is quite nice, a bit dated looking but simple to launch favourite apps like any music app, navigation etc... easy to use when actually driving...
and it has a menu button which opens all apps like a any other android tablet, if that makes sense... its what I will probably end up using tbh

criszz

Aug 22, 2008
BrasoV
New firmware is aviable. Installed and working well. No patch installed yet and i miss nokill and bt mod.
New theme black & white, not impressed.
Hey Nex changed with hey Teyes.
New settings for online update - hope will work.
Fixed bt showing name in full screen call.
Added some strange finger gestures. :))
Another change i found is developers password, still accesibile with android settings.

Last edited:

JMM44700

Jun 17, 2018
Orvault
New firmware is aviable. Installed and working well. No patch installed yet and i miss nokill and bt mod.
This update is it functional in all languages, because on the Teyes link: "https://cc3.teyes.ru/en/update.html"it is still marked COMING SOON!

jms14

May 25, 2018
Apologies if this seems like a noob question, but i'm looking at purchasing one of these CC3 units and after some advice before I do. I have 3 units in mind and was wondering how the Teyes compare to the Joying & Ownice units? If you could which would you buy? I'm specifically looking at the Joying JY-SQ001N4G & the Ownice S9512 K2-High. At the moment the Teyes is swaying it purely down to the equalizer and audio settings, it seems you have a lot more options and scope for adjustment on the CC3.

kayovas

Jan 19, 2010
The mechanic who puts the Teyes CC3 in my Toyota RAV4 XA40 (made in Canada, 2017) is convinced that CANBUS must be used so that I can connect and use the steering wheel buttons as well as have a connection to the car's computer.

So far, Teyes support in WhatsApp could not solve the problem, despite the resets of Teyes CC3 suggested by them and made by me, the installation of the latest versions of their software, etc. etc. More than a month.

Finally, they agreed that CANBUS was needed and suggested: Raise(RZC)

Does anyone know where I can get this CANBUS model?

I asked Teyes to send me and they haven't answered since ... :(

noelhibbard

May 4, 2021
One thing that bugs me about pure touch screen head units is the lack of a physical volume knob. I drive a car with very stiff suspension so pinpointing the volume buttons with my hand bouncing around is challenging. The new multi-touch gestures in this new firmware are a good replacement for a real volume knob. Now I can change tracks, volume and mute without looking at the screen. It even works in CarPlay.

TEYESAustralia

Feb 28, 2021
Australia
www.teyes.com.au
The mechanic who puts the Teyes CC3 in my Toyota RAV4 XA40 (made in Canada, 2017) is convinced that CANBUS must be used so that I can connect and use the steering wheel buttons as well as have a connection to the car's computer.

So far, Teyes support in WhatsApp could not solve the problem, despite the resets of Teyes CC3 suggested by them and made by me, the installation of the latest versions of their software, etc. etc. More than a month.

Finally, they agreed that CANBUS was needed and suggested: Raise(RZC)

Does anyone know where I can get this CANBUS model?

I asked Teyes to send me and they haven't answered since ... :(
Hi contact me by email, it's found on the site www.teyes.com.au

cyberumb

Sep 2, 2013
Does other brand DVR Dash Cam work with Teyes CC3 Head Unit? Or only Teyes X3 Car DVR Dash Cam will be able to work with their app?

Last edited:

cyberumb

Sep 2, 2013
Their website lists it as compatible with the CC3 too.
Here is their respond.
1623976418178.png

GCrane1982

Nov 29, 2016
Added some strange finger gestures. :))
Another change i found is developers password, still accesibile with android settings.
What is the NoKill and BT mod you are talking about?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi surfer63,

What <100 unit would you recommend that can do Android Auto and Apple CarPlay?
    Or may be I'm too old and don't understand how would such unit like Teyes send/receive calls from my cell phone? Or play music from Spotify collection on my phone? Is there any place I can read about this new Android HU and their abilities?
    Thanks!
    Sorry. I can't tell you. For me the only reason to advise such a cheap model is to users who "only" want to use it with Google Auto or Car Play.
    I don't look into these cheap models. Next to that: You can buy a slow model (CPU) with decent FM and audio chip (see my post a few pages earlier).
    But I would recommend to buy a full-featured unit with AC8257 or PX5, SC9853i or PX6, uis7862 CPU (in increasing performance) with good FM and audio chip (if you want a DAB+ module, the FM chip is not important), and simply forget about Android auto or Apple Carplay. (but that's my vision. Please believe in your own :))
    So what apps do you primary use?

Thanks

Radio of course, Google Maps or sometimes Waze, and Spotify.
    And one more question:

what's the best source to read about different FYT-based units?

Thanks!
    Here and 4pda.
    Thanks surfer63! Now it starts making sense :)

Just one last question (if you happen to know the answer :) ):
    I found this TEYES unit and another one - Dasaita. Is there big difference between these two? Or they are built on the same platform?

Thanks!

You asked two questions; Yes and no.

Surfer63 is likely to give great advice. He might not suggest a "Teyes" which is actually a FYT unit and predominantly Russian market focused RESELLER / customized with software gimmicks.

I'd suggest taking the time to read through the forums and know what it is you want to buy. If you take away anything from my post, it is to discard the concept of "brands" in the world of Chinese origin Android OS based head units.
    If you have any experience with Chinese origin Android "TV boxes" this might help you understand.

My advice, forget the reseller "Teyes" and look to find a FYT based unit that meets your needs.

Note that although I come from extensive MTCD/E/P experience, I have instead recently purchased two FYT units. I don't think I would buy another MTCx unit at this time.
    I'm trying to understand how does such unit work with your calls and messages? How are phone calls are routed? How will HU display incoming call, text?...
    With a connected phone, phone calls are routed directly to your unit.

Search F-droid and Google Play Store. There are multiple apps (to be installed on your phone) that can read the text message out loud to you using Google TTS or another TTS framework (Acapella or others). This audio output is on its turn also redirected via BT to the unit, just like phone calls or BT music.
    Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
    The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
    I want wipe dalvik cache.but I dont know how
    unpack this to usb stick and plug into HU usb port, just like usual firmware update. it will clear cache
    For those interested, offset 0x0ECE70 in fytdata is where the Carlink activation data is held.
    Could be a holiday thing maybe?
    LOL, this is 9th of MAY, WWII Victory Day in CIS and some other countries
    s1200.jpeg