• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Hardware Development TEYES CC3

Search This thread

Palumbum

Jun 28, 2021
After the update, when I go into reverse, the screen goes black and DEMO MODE is shown in red. If I go to “Cam Rec” app it displays the factory review camera just fine. Any ideas how to get out of this demo mode?

Attachments

• BAAC6101-DE11-48C0-BABA-DDACFACBDFFE.jpeg
    BAAC6101-DE11-48C0-BABA-DDACFACBDFFE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

Palumbum

Jun 28, 2021
i see you have udt camera, if you bought it - wait and try later. their server is offline now and you can't get activation
What is udt camera? I have a Jeep Wrangler and purchased the adapter to use the factory backup camera and before the update it would display fine and now this. Is there anyway to get it back? I hate not having my reverse camera when in reverse, especially since I paid so much more for the adapter

Palumbum

Jun 28, 2021
don't know about your adapter, but i know paid app for rear camera - udt camera, and without activation it displays DEMO MODE

You are right. Just went to their website. Looks like I can get the old camera back if I want, or I have to pay 310 rubles ($4.29 usd) and I can get some other features. Thanks for your help! If you didn’t say “udt camera” I would’ve been so lost.

Palumbum

Jun 28, 2021
How is call quality over CarPlay? I've heard there are issues...
Either this afternoon or tomorrow I will test it out using CarPlay and regular call and see what works best. In my Jeep Wrangler with the top off, my brother was able to hear me fine on CarPlay until about 35mph when the wind got louder. On the stock mic/radio people could hear me 60mph no problem.

Reactions: ymshulman

hal752

Jul 6, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Hi all.

I have a CC2+ and like all other android head units I've always been plagued by poor microphone quality. I put this down to the mic being on the left and that in the UK we drive from the right.

Today I decided to fix it. On the same side as where the touch screen is located theres a access port. Open that and you then can see the back of the the circuit board which has the touch buttons and microphone.

Remove the cable and take out the board. The mic is easy to spot so I simply removed it. As it appears to be pushed in with pins and then soliders at the back. Took me a few seconds to remove with a flat head.

Audio is now crystal clear from the external mic when before it sounded very quite and people were unable to have a conversation with me when driving. It's like night a day.

Hopefully this helps some people

noelhibbard

May 4, 2021
Hi all.

I have a CC2+ and like all other android head units I've always been plagued by poor microphone quality. I put this down to the mic being on the left and that in the UK we drive from the right.

Today I decided to fix it. On the same side as where the touch screen is located theres a access port. Open that and you then can see the back of the the circuit board which has the touch buttons and microphone.

Remove the cable and take out the board. The mic is easy to spot so I simply removed it. As it appears to be pushed in with pins and then soliders at the back. Took me a few seconds to remove with a flat head.

Audio is now crystal clear from the external mic when before it sounded very quite and people were unable to have a conversation with me when driving. It's like night a day.

Hopefully this helps some people
Hmm.. this is interesting. So you literally snapped the mic off the board with a flat head? I'm curious if the issue is related to the noise cancelation. I'm curious if simply covering the onboard mic with tape would have similar results. It would be nice if there were some options for the mic. Like force it to use the internal, external or both and also an option to enable or disable noise cancelation.

I'm curious though, are you using CarPlay in your tests or native Bluetooth calls?

hal752

Jul 6, 2010
Hmm.. this is interesting. So you literally snapped the mic off the board with a flat head? I'm curious if the issue is related to the noise cancelation. I'm curious if simply covering the onboard mic with tape would have similar results. It would be nice if there were some options for the mic. Like force it to use the internal, external or both and also an option to enable or disable noise cancelation.

I'm curious though, are you using CarPlay in your tests or native Bluetooth calls?

Yeah I litterly pulled it off prying with a flat head. It was extremely easy to remove. I did this knowing I wouldn't be able to reinstall but since it's on the wrong side for me it didn't bother me.

It's certainly not noise cancellation causing the issue as I've had this on several units (going back to 2015). People state it's interference caused by poor shielding. I would have thought that they would have found a fix at this point. Guess not.

I tested both from a voice recorder which worked great as I was sat on the other side of the car. I then sent a what's app voice message while the phone was connected to Bluetooth and the recording is super clear.

I then made a call from android auto (using headunit reloaded) and it was clear for both parties.

4pda mention that if your happy with the microphone to not mess with it. However if it's a issue then they suggest taping the last 2 pins. I can't tell if they mean that from the actual cable or the microphone (Google translate ain't the best).

Palumbum

Jun 28, 2021
I still can’t figure out the LTE issue. It shows I have 4G and service, but nothing will connect. I have mobile data on and all the above, but still no luck getting it to connect. There’s no where to adjust APN settings in the regular settings app as far as I know and downloading the “teyes_android settings” apk it tells me I don’t have access to change APNs settings. Any ideas?

ymshulman

Apr 20, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah I litterly pulled it off prying with a flat head. It was extremely easy to remove. I did this knowing I wouldn't be able to reinstall but since it's on the wrong side for me it didn't bother me.

It's certainly not noise cancellation causing the issue as I've had this on several units (going back to 2015). People state it's interference caused by poor shielding. I would have thought that they would have found a fix at this point. Guess not.

I tested both from a voice recorder which worked great as I was sat on the other side of the car. I then sent a what's app voice message while the phone was connected to Bluetooth and the recording is super clear.

I then made a call from android auto (using headunit reloaded) and it was clear for both parties.

4pda mention that if your happy with the microphone to not mess with it. However if it's a issue then they suggest taping the last 2 pins. I can't tell if they mean that from the actual cable or the microphone (Google translate ain't the best).
So you've basically removed some component from the built-in microphone, which was somehow interfering with the external mic? Am I understanding that correctly?

It sounds like more than I'm going to start doing, having no experience with this - and I'm not thrilled about buying a unit with plans to do something like this.

hal752

Jul 6, 2010
So you've basically removed some component from the built-in microphone, which was somehow interfering with the external mic? Am I understanding that correctly?

It sounds like more than I'm going to start doing, having no experience with this - and I'm not thrilled about buying a unit with plans to do something like this.

Not entirely. I removed the actual internal microphone from the board as either.

1 it causes interference with the external microphone

2, the system doesn't fully cut off the internal microphone causing issues as both the external and internal are active.

From my understanding these do not operate like say a android tablet / phone and it's basically thing's are mixed in and botched in to work. This is across all android head units. I've never had one work great with calls.

It was a risk however the replacement touch strip is available from Ali express.

JMM44700

Jun 17, 2018
Orvault
I still can’t figure out the LTE issue. It shows I have 4G and service, but nothing will connect. I have mobile data on and all the above, but still no luck getting it to connect. There’s no where to adjust APN settings in the regular settings app as far as I know and downloading the “teyes_android settings” apk it tells me I don’t have access to change APNs settings. Any ideas?
Maybe my post # 741 could help you

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
Not entirely. I removed the actual internal microphone from the board as either.

1 it causes interference with the external microphone

2, the system doesn't fully cut off the internal microphone causing issues as both the external and internal are active.

From my understanding these do not operate like say a android tablet / phone and it's basically thing's are mixed in and botched in to work. This is across all android head units. I've never had one work great with calls.

It was a risk however the replacement touch strip is available from Ali express.
I have heard this complaint on other head units. There is normally an "either/or" switch in the mic plug on the device which will not allow both mics to operate at the same time. These head units don't have that so the internal mic is still active when you plug the external mic in. Both mics together causes impedance issues which in turn causes a tremendous amount of noise. You therefore have to physically disconnect the internal mic.

dreamvictim

Aug 10, 2015
There is no need to remove anything or damage the board. Unclip the plastic cover from the rear side of the screen, unclip the ribbon cable from the board and put a small piece of Sellotape over the two end pins on the right of the cable as you look at it. This way you can easily remove the tape if you change your mind. You need good eyes or a magnifying glass!

microphone tracks.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: eli_1234

hal752

Jul 6, 2010
There is no need to remove anything or damage the board. Remove the plastic cover from the rear side of the screen, unclip the ribbon cable and put a small piece of Sellotape over the two end pins on the right of the cable as you look at it. This way you can easily put it back if you change your mind. You need good eyes or a magnifying glass!

View attachment 5351459
Yeah they mention doing this on 4pda. However I saw how small the pins were and just removed the mic as it was beyond useless to me as people on the other end couldn't hear me.

It's a night and day difference now as before people would say they couldn't hear me / ask me to repeat to the point I avoided making calls from it. To now it sounds like I'm on my own phone.

If you have the additional harness with the 3.5 mic part and you are having issue with your mic I recommend doing what dreamvictim suggests. If you have no plans on using the internal mic then just remove it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi. earlier you said taht you dont't recommend buying Teyes for people outside Russia and now, that Teyes focuses on European region. What about other countries from Europe other than Russia? I'm from Poland and I own Ford Focus mk 3 (2011-1015)
    I am in France, and my CC3 gives me complete satisfaction on my Ford Focus 2. I do not see what the restrictions would be due to the development by the Russians
    So what apps do you primary use?

Thanks

Radio of course, Google Maps or sometimes Waze, and Spotify.
    Thanks surfer63! Now it starts making sense :)

Just one last question (if you happen to know the answer :) ):
    I found this TEYES unit and another one - Dasaita. Is there big difference between these two? Or they are built on the same platform?

Thanks!

You asked two questions; Yes and no.

Surfer63 is likely to give great advice. He might not suggest a "Teyes" which is actually a FYT unit and predominantly Russian market focused RESELLER / customized with software gimmicks.

I'd suggest taking the time to read through the forums and know what it is you want to buy. If you take away anything from my post, it is to discard the concept of "brands" in the world of Chinese origin Android OS based head units.
    If you have any experience with Chinese origin Android "TV boxes" this might help you understand.

My advice, forget the reseller "Teyes" and look to find a FYT based unit that meets your needs.

Note that although I come from extensive MTCD/E/P experience, I have instead recently purchased two FYT units. I don't think I would buy another MTCx unit at this time.
    And one more question:

what's the best source to read about different FYT-based units?

Thanks!
    Here and 4pda.
    this is a glitch of new 2407 firmware. switch to new day_night theme and back and it will fix this sim icon
    Fixed.

@gordgelin++
    Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
    The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
    Hi. earlier you said taht you dont't recommend buying Teyes for people outside Russia and now, that Teyes focuses on European region. What about other countries from Europe other than Russia? I'm from Poland and I own Ford Focus mk 3 (2011-1015)
    I am in France, and my CC3 gives me complete satisfaction on my Ford Focus 2. I do not see what the restrictions would be due to the development by the Russians
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
    I want wipe dalvik cache.but I dont know how
    unpack this to usb stick and plug into HU usb port, just like usual firmware update. it will clear cache
    Could be a holiday thing maybe?
    LOL, this is 9th of MAY, WWII Victory Day in CIS and some other countries
    s1200.jpeg