• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Hardware Development TEYES CC3

Search This thread

startas

Mar 15, 2011
Is there a built in way to fully restart teyes device ? When you turn off the car, teyes tablet just goes to sleep... And for it to detect sim card, you need to completely restart device, and i havent found any natural way to restart it... Of course, i downloaded app from play store to restart android devices, but i wonder if there is a way to do it without tricks. Holding or pressing power button on the front of teyes screen makes it go to sleep and wake up, it doesnt restart.

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
My car doesnt have CAN, so maybe it gets speed from gps. Where do you have glued all the antenas (gps, wifi, 4g) ? I have glued all antenas right under front car panel. I will add sim card for 4g mobile internet later, maybe that will increase speed accuracy in car widget.
You should really check your car speedometer first. With 3 or more satellites being tracked, GPS speed is almost always the more accurate of the two speeds.

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
hvdwolf.github.io
You should really check your car speedometer first. With 3 or more satellites being tracked, GPS speed is almost always the more accurate of the two speeds.
Indeed. GPS is more accurate. That has to do with the law worldwide. It is forbidden by law in every country of the world that the speedometer displays a too low speed. That might lead to people speeding because their speedometer "tells" them they drive the correct speed.
That given with the fact that most models can be boughtr with slightly different tyres makes that the car producer stays on the safe side and makes that the speedometer always displays slightly too high. The more expensive the car, the more accurate the speedometer (mostly, not always).

Reactions: marchnz

startas

Mar 15, 2011
Indeed. GPS is more accurate. That has to do with the law worldwide. It is forbidden by law in every country of the world that the speedometer displays a too low speed. That might lead to people speeding because their speedometer "tells" them they drive the correct speed.
That given with the fact that most models can be boughtr with slightly different tyres makes that the car producer stays on the safe side and makes that the speedometer always displays slightly too high. The more expensive the car, the more accurate the speedometer (mostly, not always).

Well, given how others are driving near speed radars, im pretty sure that car speedometer is correct, GPS shown speed (on phones, tablets, or car integrated gps) was always a bit off in all cars as i remember.

Edit: driving past speed radars that show you your speed also shows the same speed as in car speedometer.

Last edited:

startas

Mar 15, 2011
Hi everyone, I have Teyes CC3 on my Hyundai Santafe. I got a problem with the power and car battery. My Teyes CC3 still keeps using power from car battery even after I turn off my car. I hear the "heartbeat" sounds from speaker after my car totally off. Don't know what wrong with my installation. My car battery lost 100% power just 2 days. I must recharge it then. Please see my video to hear the sound. Thank you.

Yes, i read that teyes cc3 only goes to sleep at first when you turn off the car, and then after 3 days it actually shuts down. Maybe try factory resetting, sounds like either bug in teyes, or some faulty wiring in a car. It only makes speakers explode when it turns them on, which is a few times from a cold boot. If that wont help, adding a on/off switch on a teyes power cable and then installing it in a convenient location might be the only option.

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
Well, given how others are driving near speed radars, im pretty sure that car speedometer is correct, GPS shown speed (on phones, tablets, or car integrated gps) was always a bit off in all cars as i remember.

Edit: driving past speed radars that show you your speed also shows the same speed as in car speedometer.
Interesting... then you're right it must be the Teyes.
It seems the more I learn and read about this Teyes... the less I like.

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
This is not only for TEyes, as surfer63 said, GPS is more accurate and speedometers in cars less so. He didn't mention any particular brand. GPS is more accurate since you can take co-ordinates as the car moves and determine the speed from those co-ordinates. Nothing magical about it.

startas

Mar 15, 2011
This is not only for TEyes, as surfer63 said, GPS is more accurate and speedometers in cars less so. He didn't mention any particular brand. GPS is more accurate since you can take co-ordinates as the car moves and determine the speed from those co-ordinates. Nothing magical about it.

Yes, it has nothing to do with teyes, its just GPS in general. Dont know which one is more accurate, but i have never seen in my life a car speedometer that matches speed shown by gps program, no matter where that gps is - teyes, built in car gps, phone, dedicated gps device and so on, same on old cars, new cars, modern cars and so on.

Plus i wonder how gps can show accurate speed when driving down the hill.

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
When going down the hill, it's probably off, but the more distance you drive, the more accurate it becomes...more or less :) I guess that's not quite the definition of "accurate"...more or less :)

I mean, you can't always be driving down a hill!

startas

Mar 15, 2011
When going down the hill, it's probably off, but the more distance you drive, the more accurate it becomes...more or less :) I guess that's not quite the definition of "accurate"...more or less :)

Sure, but you arent always driving on perfectly horizontal roads without turns either, especially not in my country. Cause GPS doesnt get your height, some other sensors might, but i doubt teyes has any of those.

Also, GPS shows speed in the moment, so average speed doesnt matter and cant be used, at least not over longer periods of time than 1 second.

Imagine driving 45 degrees down the hill (if 90 degrees is straight down), then from a GPS perspective, you would be driving only at 50% of your real speed (simple linear equation), so trusting gps readings could get you lose your drivers licence for few years and a big fine, if you would trust gps speed in such situation and cps/speed radar would meassure your speed.

So i wonder if there are any techniques (or maybe teyes actually has some sensors) that could be used to get your speed in 3D space. Because if not, then i will not trust GPS speed ever, cause lots/most of the time in my country you are driving at least from 1 to few percent down the hill/up the hill, which, if you calculate, makes up for that 2-10 km/h speed difference between car speedometer and gps/app readings.

eli_1234

Jan 11, 2010
Sure, but you arent always driving on perfectly horizontal roads without turns either, especially not in my country. Cause GPS doesnt get your height, some other sensors might, but i doubt teyes has any of those.

Also, GPS shows speed in the moment, so average speed doesnt matter and cant be used, at least not over longer periods of time than 1 second.

Imagine driving 45 degrees down the hill (if 90 degrees is straight down), then from a GPS perspective, you would be driving only at 50% of your real speed (simple linear equation), so trusting gps readings could get you lose your drivers licence for few years and a big fine, if you would trust gps speed in such situation and cps/speed radar would meassure your speed.

So i wonder if there are any techniques (or maybe teyes actually has some sensors) that could be used to get your speed in 3D space. Because if not, then i will not trust GPS speed ever, cause lots/most of the time in my country you are driving at least from 1 to few percent down the hill/up the hill, which, if you calculate, makes up for that 2-10 km/h speed difference between car speedometer and gps/app readings.
GPS speed is calculated in 3d space. if you have more than 4 satellites (minimal lock) then your height (above\below sea level) is also known and is being calculated.

there is more info here: https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/performance/accuracy/

Reactions: marchnz

eli_1234

Jan 11, 2010
Is there a built in way to fully restart teyes device ? When you turn off the car, teyes tablet just goes to sleep... And for it to detect sim card, you need to completely restart device, and i havent found any natural way to restart it... Of course, i downloaded app from play store to restart android devices, but i wonder if there is a way to do it without tricks. Holding or pressing power button on the front of teyes screen makes it go to sleep and wake up, it doesnt restart.
hi,

try to swipe down from top of the screen, then swipe down again(to open the notification window) and you will have a "reboot" button on the right.

confirm in the popup windows - and the unit will fully reboot.

1628149449643.png

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
Yes, it has nothing to do with teyes, its just GPS in general. Dont know which one is more accurate, but i have never seen in my life a car speedometer that matches speed shown by gps program, no matter where that gps is - teyes, built in car gps, phone, dedicated gps device and so on, same on old cars, new cars, modern cars and so on.

Plus i wonder how gps can show accurate speed when driving down the hill.
Aside from the slight lag in the average gps system, the difference between my gps and jeep speedometer is 0. In other words the speed matches perfectly (or at least less than 1 km/h difference)

A hill is not a problem with a GPS system. There are multiple satellites locked on to you so you are covered from different angles ... which is why it's most accurate. It is not bothered by things like that.

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg

No it's not.
A gps system is 3 dimensional. Given the fact that a gps sytem uses more than one satellite, it can work accurately from all different angles.

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
Normally I would agree, but the poster is saying this:

If the poster's car is reading the same as what the sign is saying (we have those radar posting signs here too) and gps systems are accurate.... then it must be the Teyes.

lukif90

Jul 2, 2010
Hi,
I installed CC3 in my opel insignia a few days ago and everything looks ok but not perfect.
First question to other owners, where can I see the outside temperature measured by car (sensor is under right mirror)? I saw somewhere, probably for other head unit or other car manufacture that "Car info" app shows basic information like the temperature, information about seat belts, hand brake, fuel level and consumption etc. In my case, I have there only settings that were available in oryginal radio (navi 900) like setting which doors should be unlocked at opening, some AC settings, some comfort settings etc. but there is no data like I mentioned.
Any idea how can I see temperature from car build in sensor?

Second thing, do you hear some noise even when no music or radio is playing? I suspect that this is something called ground loop noise or something like this but I'm wondering if all android head units have it or it's only for me (maybe I connected something wrong or missed some groud cable...). For oryginal Opel Navi 900 I had no such problem. Of course when I'm driving with the volume at the normal level then it's not a problem.
Next minor issue is, when I listen to FM radio and I get notification from google maps then there is some "click/bang" sound before and after notification.
I didn't hear this "bang sound" when all music playes from a digital source - I mean online radio or spotify mixed with google maps notifications... So here I think that when analog FM radio is mixed or swiched to digital notification sound then something is wrong.

And the last thing, CC3 supports RDS in FM radio (however the font size of RDS program station name and radio text is super small and I hope they will fix the desing in the future). Anyway, there is also AF function that should find the same radio station on a different frequency when the current signal is weak. I noticed that it doesn't work correctly... When the signal is weak then radio tries to find other frequency but it ends up with jumping from the current station to some others. I know that oryginal car head units usually have 2 tuners (main that is used for playing the radio and second one that constantly scans frequencies to have the list of available stations in current location).
Do you have similar problem?

Reactions: undergrounde

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
@lukif90 For the second thing, the noise when no music or radio is playing...you should check your volume settings. If you go into settings, I believe there is a master volume level and then another setting for relative volumes. If these are set too high, they amplify everything including background noises and clicks. They should be set to a level so that your volume controls are usually set at middle levels.

This may not be your scenario, but worth looking at. If you're not sure where the settings are, just look around your settings and you should find them.

Bob_Sanders

Jul 17, 2019
Winnipeg
Hi,
I installed CC3 in my opel insignia a few days ago and everything looks ok but not perfect.
First question to other owners, where can I see the outside temperature measured by car (sensor is under right mirror)? I saw somewhere, probably for other head unit or other car manufacture that "Car info" app shows basic information like the temperature, information about seat belts, hand brake, fuel level and consumption etc. In my case, I have there only settings that were available in oryginal radio (navi 900) like setting which doors should be unlocked at opening, some AC settings, some comfort settings etc. but there is no data like I mentioned.
Any idea how can I see temperature from car build in sensor?
I use Torque pro to display the automotive info:

zzzzzzzzzzzzza.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, l always get an ignition reboot on CC3 recently. Anytime l start my car the radio take some time to start. It wasn't like that when l first install it, may you tell me what to do for the radio start without reboot when l start the car please?
    Check https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/teyes-cc3.4189041/page-60#post-85674211

There is a setting to determine whether to reboot or sleep when you turn off the car.

However, if it was working properly before, it could mean that someone may have changed this setting or, in another forum, it has been suggested that low car battery voltage level could be an issue. If there is no specific reason for a low voltage level, the other forum suggested perhaps the car battery isn't in the best shape. Depending on where you are, some car stores can check/load test the battery. In Canada, Canadian Tire does this. In the United States, I think there are several that do this, such as AutoZone and Advance Auto Parts.
    Thanks, you are correct, I am using "XP Ford Focus 2012" settings, its ok but not all the buttons work, for example the voice command button in the centre left steering wheel group does nothing and I can't program any of the console buttons. Has anyone manage to set controls with the "XP Ford Focus 2012" settings? That Ford Ranger model did not exist before I had problems after my unit was installed, crazy that they sell anything for a model that can't have actually been tested at all.

I will send my Autoelec an email to check, but my guess is that he has done it ok as he had to come back to fix the reverse/rear cam wiring to be correct so he checked a few other things then.

When you manually put yours into deep sleep how do you do this physically eg. on the screen of the CC3 or a button in the car? I have been unable to workout anything like this, maybe a short video when convenient will be more descriptive
    This is specifically for the issues you are having remapping your buttons.

You are using a canbus module. The canbus can be thought of as a local network in your car where information for various items is sent between interested devices. This means that if you are just using default installation then all button controls go through canbus.

The fact that the buttons are working, even partially, means that your canbus does have information regarding buttons. This means that the canbus module probably determines all mappings. This then means that the buttons are not modifiable through the standard button mapping method in the head unit. Since some of your buttons are not working, that likely means that the programming for the buttons in the canbus module is either incorrect or incomplete...there's not much that can be done about that, I believe. That would be up to TEyes to update/correct.

If you wanted more buttons or mappable buttons, you may be able to add one of those universal steering wheel control modules...but you'd have to do your own research on those...I don't know much about them.

As usual, this is information that you should confirm for yourself and anything you do is your responsibility. I add this to remind people that they should confirm everything they read on the internet including things that I write...everyone can make a mistake :)
    Did my 4th try and now I understand how the onboard Bluetooth works. Now the Scantool obdlink mx Bluetooth can be detected but only by Torque which I have the paid version for a long time. Then my Zus tpms also can be detected too.

Guess the in built apps are made for teyes accessories only and will not work with others. Anyway better than not totally not working. Hope the bluetooth pairing can offer more clarity to the user rather than that message indicating it is successfully connected but the connection icon still shows its not paired.

Hope the next update on the firmware will open up more so the head unit will attract more vehicle owners to get it. Its really a very nice head unit with a brilliant screen and offers great sound too with the right speakers of cos.
    Don't think I have a power button on top left of screen or I may be missing something obvious.
    The "!" mark doesn't seem to do anything, anyone know what this is supposed to do?
    What the... It looks that those buttons are under the panel, Those 2 holes are for the mic and the reset of the device. Something is clearly wrong with that oem panel.
    It looks like the Ford Ranger bezel is not wide enough for the CC3 so they have done a hack job https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_groupList.8148356.22.79d45441N03VSk
    Pity you did not pick this up before ordering or told about it as it means you have no home, power or back buttons which are all used to control the unit. I am always using the home button as I cannot get the unit to startup at the home screen. Not sure what you do to get to the home screen.
    Edit: Just installed a patch by Gordgelin that starts Teyes at home screen I will see how it goes.
    Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
    The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
    Hi. earlier you said taht you dont't recommend buying Teyes for people outside Russia and now, that Teyes focuses on European region. What about other countries from Europe other than Russia? I'm from Poland and I own Ford Focus mk 3 (2011-1015)
    I am in France, and my CC3 gives me complete satisfaction on my Ford Focus 2. I do not see what the restrictions would be due to the development by the Russians
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
    I want wipe dalvik cache.but I dont know how
    unpack this to usb stick and plug into HU usb port, just like usual firmware update. it will clear cache
    Could be a holiday thing maybe?
    LOL, this is 9th of MAY, WWII Victory Day in CIS and some other countries
    s1200.jpeg