• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Hardware Development TEYES CC3

Search This thread

hareeshr

Jun 2, 2018
Gordgelin has a patch for CC3 running Vincent Vega edition firmware. Not sure why you would want to run Android auto as the main unit does all that and more that Android Auto brings to the unit. When I tried the wired version I could not use the terrestrial radio at the same time which is my main listening while driving.
Thanks for the reply. I'm just testing out the thing and see what it can do. I'll look into the patch. Thanks

Rookie23

Sep 20, 2021
You should have been supplied a canbus module. https://cc3.teyes.ru/en/canbus.html and this has a setting for your vehicle. This should also set steering wheel controls. Are you in Aus.
I am in Aus on the Sunshine Coast, Qld.

I have the SimpleSoft XP Canbus and use the Settings as directed, I have many issues for the first few weeks as there was no settings for my model (Ford Ranger 2014). Eventually they gave me something that is reasonably operational but I have not be able to ever set or change Steering Wheel or Console Buttons, it seems to be read only.

Does anyone know if there is a way to manually shutdown (power off) the unit like a phone and then when I turn the ignition key the unit will power up rather than come out of standby? (this would give me a way of managing my battery drain)

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
I am in Melb so that does not help. According to Teyes site for a Ford Ranger 3 2011 to 2015 you should use setting XP Ford Focus 2012.
First of all I am not an auto electrician so I may be wrong in my assumptions. The first thing I would be checking is the power connections to the Teyes. https://www.teyes.com.au/pages/cc3-wiring-diagram. From what i can see there is a B+ and acc connection. The B+ is permanent powering so will be always on and the Acc is what turns the unit standby on and off. It is that acc connection that sounds suss in your case. You will need to be able to use a voltmeter to do these checks.
In regards to power off like a phone I do not beleive the unit ever does that. It either is in standby or deep sleep. On mine I can deep sleep the unit by long press on the power button. According to Teyes standby current is around 7mAmps not enough to worry about and enters this state after 3 days engine off.

Last edited:

rmb3218

Nov 17, 2017
I have just received a OBDLINK SX which connects via USB. I have it connected to USB1. It works using Torque Pro & OBDLink. I also have a USB memory stick connected to USB3 which has maps loaded for OziExplorer. The problem I have is that when I connect the OBDLINK SX the Teyes disconnects the memory stick on USB3. It disappears from file manager.

Anyone have any ideas?

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
I have just received a OBDLINK SX which connects via USB. I have it connected to USB1. It works using Torque Pro & OBDLink. I also have a USB memory stick connected to USB3 which has maps loaded for OziExplorer. The problem I have is that when I connect the OBDLINK SX the Teyes disconnects the memory stick on USB3. It disappears from file manager.

Anyone have any ideas?
It might be that there is too much of a current draw, for some reason.

Did you try to use the other USB connector? I believe there are three...I have the older SPro/CC2 model, so I'm not sure how many USB connectors the CC3 has.

Maybe you can try to use a powered hub. Plug the hub in instead of the OBDLINK SX and then plug it into the powered hub. Not sure it will work, but something you can try.

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
Thanks for your reply. I have checked USB current draw & it doesn’t even register on my meter
Another suggestion may be to change one of the system settings for the USB. Not sure where it is for CC3, but it should be obvious when you see it.

I believe that there is a setting to switch between USB 1.0 and USB 2.0

Just something else to try. This may not be good for you if your USB devices need faster speeds.

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
I am in Aus on the Sunshine Coast, Qld.

I have the SimpleSoft XP Canbus and use the Settings as directed, I have many issues for the first few weeks as there was no settings for my model (Ford Ranger 2014). Eventually they gave me something that is reasonably operational but I have not be able to ever set or change Steering Wheel or Console Buttons, it seems to be read only.

Does anyone know if there is a way to manually shutdown (power off) the unit like a phone and then when I turn the ignition key the unit will power up rather than come out of standby? (this would give me a way of managing my battery drain)
I have my head unit set up to turn off when the ignition goes off. Mine is the previous SPro/CC2 but it should probably exist for the CC3 as well.

I believe the option should be under the Factory settings and it says something like Sleep Mode Setting...it goes between Power off when ACC is off and Sleep Mode when ACC is off.

When it's set to Power Off, it still has some power for some minutes after the ignition goes off. Not sure whey, but it may be to give the head unit time to complete items and shutdown properly/nicely instead of just cutting off power immediately. I find it kind of useful as when I turn off the ignition and remember to do something on the head unit, if I turn the ignition back on within those few minutes then it doesn't do a complete restart and just picks up where it left off.

Rookie23

Sep 20, 2021
I have my head unit set up to turn off when the ignition goes off. Mine is the previous SPro/CC2 but it should probably exist for the CC3 as well.

I believe the option should be under the Factory settings and it says something like Sleep Mode Setting...it goes between Power off when ACC is off and Sleep Mode when ACC is off.

When it's set to Power Off, it still has some power for some minutes after the ignition goes off. Not sure whey, but it may be to give the head unit time to complete items and shutdown properly/nicely instead of just cutting off power immediately. I find it kind of useful as when I turn off the ignition and remember to do something on the head unit, if I turn the ignition back on within those few minutes then it doesn't do a complete restart and just picks up where it left off.
This is awesome :cool: , I think you have just fixed my problem or at the very least given me a workaround to continue testing from (in case there is something else draining my battery). Its very hard from the way the option is worded and displayed to tell what its meant to do (your description was excellent). I changed the setting and now when I power off the ignition the unit powers off and when I turned it back on after a couple of mins the unit does a full boot. Thank you so so much, this was doing my head in!

I will properly test over the next week and see where I get to, first I have to charge the battery back to a full state but hopefully for the last time.

Rookie23

Sep 20, 2021
I am in Melb so that does not help. According to Teyes site for a Ford Ranger 3 2011 to 2015 you should use setting XP Ford Focus 2012.
First of all I am not an auto electrician so I may be wrong in my assumptions. The first thing I would be checking is the power connections to the Teyes. https://www.teyes.com.au/pages/cc3-wiring-diagram. From what i can see there is a B+ and acc connection. The B+ is permanent powering so will be always on and the Acc is what turns the unit standby on and off. It is that acc connection that sounds suss in your case. You will need to be able to use a voltmeter to do these checks.
In regards to power off like a phone I do not beleive the unit ever does that. It either is in standby or deep sleep. On mine I can deep sleep the unit by long press on the power button. According to Teyes standby current is around 7mAmps not enough to worry about and enters this state after 3 days engine off.
Thanks, you are correct, I am using "XP Ford Focus 2012" settings, its ok but not all the buttons work, for example the voice command button in the centre left steering wheel group does nothing and I can't program any of the console buttons. Has anyone manage to set controls with the "XP Ford Focus 2012" settings? That Ford Ranger model did not exist before I had problems after my unit was installed, crazy that they sell anything for a model that can't have actually been tested at all.

I will send my Autoelec an email to check, but my guess is that he has done it ok as he had to come back to fix the reverse/rear cam wiring to be correct so he checked a few other things then.

When you manually put yours into deep sleep how do you do this physically eg. on the screen of the CC3 or a button in the car? I have been unable to workout anything like this, maybe a short video when convenient will be more descriptive

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
The power symbol top left on screen above the home symbol. Short press sleep, long press deep sleep.

iron109

Jul 3, 2021
If I remove the key from the ignition and put it back in, the radio turns on again ... why?
I don't want it to light up when I hit the ignition to start the car ...

iron109

Jul 3, 2021
If I remove the key from the ignition and put it back in, the radio turns on again ... why?
just turn off the radio before

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
Thanks, you are correct, I am using "XP Ford Focus 2012" settings, its ok but not all the buttons work, for example the voice command button in the centre left steering wheel group does nothing and I can't program any of the console buttons. Has anyone manage to set controls with the "XP Ford Focus 2012" settings? That Ford Ranger model did not exist before I had problems after my unit was installed, crazy that they sell anything for a model that can't have actually been tested at all.

I will send my Autoelec an email to check, but my guess is that he has done it ok as he had to come back to fix the reverse/rear cam wiring to be correct so he checked a few other things then.

When you manually put yours into deep sleep how do you do this physically eg. on the screen of the CC3 or a button in the car? I have been unable to workout anything like this, maybe a short video when convenient will be more descriptive
This is specifically for the issues you are having remapping your buttons.

You are using a canbus module. The canbus can be thought of as a local network in your car where information for various items is sent between interested devices. This means that if you are just using default installation then all button controls go through canbus.

The fact that the buttons are working, even partially, means that your canbus does have information regarding buttons. This means that the canbus module probably determines all mappings. This then means that the buttons are not modifiable through the standard button mapping method in the head unit. Since some of your buttons are not working, that likely means that the programming for the buttons in the canbus module is either incorrect or incomplete...there's not much that can be done about that, I believe. That would be up to TEyes to update/correct.

If you wanted more buttons or mappable buttons, you may be able to add one of those universal steering wheel control modules...but you'd have to do your own research on those...I don't know much about them.

As usual, this is information that you should confirm for yourself and anything you do is your responsibility. I add this to remind people that they should confirm everything they read on the internet including things that I write...everyone can make a mistake :)

Reactions: Rookie23

Bridgerock

Dec 7, 2009
Is there app to force the Bluetooth to open up to work with other Bluetooth devices? Teyes doesn't have many accessories and not sure what's the logic to lock the Bluetooth only to that pathetic obd2 device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Deelife MU9F-5 is what I have.
    Both work fine but I would recommend the Teyes compatable unit I linked as It uses the Teyes APK. Not sure why Teyes do not sell their unit with external sensors as they are available from the seller linked. I also like the external antenna on the receiver which should ensure a good signal from the sensors. The Deelife has the advantage of 5 sensors to monitor the spare. I am also running Gordgelin firmware which does not have the Teyes Tpms installed so as not to interfere with the Deelife APK which maybe why some have trouble using the Deelife sensors.
    Can some one upload the carlink app for Android auto? I installed one from 4pda and it didn't work. I tried downloading several other ones and they say connecting>connection successful and then the app closes. Or is there a certain setting i have to change? I remember it worked before. I even tried s different cable and same thing happens.

Can some one upload the carlink app for Android auto? I installed one from 4pda and it didn't work. I tried downloading several other ones and they say connecting>connection successful and then the app closes. Or is there a certain setting i have to change? I remember it worked before. I even tried s different cable and same thing happens.
    Just purchased the Highlander3 CC3 64GC with 6gb ram. My Highlander is the 2018 LTD model with backup camera, navigation, and steering wheel control. I understand Teyes will supply ALL cables and accessories to install the radio. Is this true? I not what other connectors must I purchase. Also does this unit connect to my stock microphone or does it include a separate microphone I must install? Does this unit connect to my stock backup camera? I am not looking to upgrade my backup camera or install a front camera. In order to use Android Auto I must connect my phone to the radio USB connector # 2 or # 3 I believe. When I connect the radio do these USB connectors from the Teyes unit connect to my existing stock USB ports in my car? Also I bought a power subwoofer which uses an RCA input. I don't see an RCA out port on the Teyes unit. Am I missing something. Any assistance on the install would be appreciated. Last thing is the Teyes website installation video for the 2018 Toyota Highlander is in Russian. Is there a link to this video with English subtitles or any other English Highlander install videos. Thank you in advance.
    Teyes has RCA out for front, back and sub. Comes as cable harness which is connected on one of the ports in the back.
    Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
    The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
    Hi. earlier you said taht you dont't recommend buying Teyes for people outside Russia and now, that Teyes focuses on European region. What about other countries from Europe other than Russia? I'm from Poland and I own Ford Focus mk 3 (2011-1015)
    I am in France, and my CC3 gives me complete satisfaction on my Ford Focus 2. I do not see what the restrictions would be due to the development by the Russians
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
    I want wipe dalvik cache.but I dont know how
    unpack this to usb stick and plug into HU usb port, just like usual firmware update. it will clear cache
    Could be a holiday thing maybe?
    LOL, this is 9th of MAY, WWII Victory Day in CIS and some other countries
    s1200.jpeg