• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Hardware Development TEYES CC3

Search This thread

Bridgerock

Dec 7, 2009
Did my 4th try and now I understand how the onboard Bluetooth works. Now the Scantool obdlink mx Bluetooth can be detected but only by Torque which I have the paid version for a long time. Then my Zus tpms also can be detected too.

Guess the in built apps are made for teyes accessories only and will not work with others. Anyway better than not totally not working. Hope the bluetooth pairing can offer more clarity to the user rather than that message indicating it is successfully connected but the connection icon still shows its not paired.

Hope the next update on the firmware will open up more so the head unit will attract more vehicle owners to get it. Its really a very nice head unit with a brilliant screen and offers great sound too with the right speakers of cos.

Reactions: Bas14

Rookie23

Sep 20, 2021
The power symbol top left on screen above the home symbol. Short press sleep, long press deep sleep.
Don't think I have a power button on top left of screen or I may be missing something obvious.
The "!" mark doesn't seem to do anything, anyone know what this is supposed to do?

Attachments

• IMG_20210926_101738.jpg
    IMG_20210926_101738.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 71

Flemischguy

Dec 15, 2014
Antwerp
Don't think I have a power button on top left of screen or I may be missing something obvious.
The "!" mark doesn't seem to do anything, anyone know what this is supposed to do?
What the... It looks that those buttons are under the panel, Those 2 holes are for the mic and the reset of the device. Something is clearly wrong with that oem panel.

Reactions: Rookie23

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
It looks like the Ford Ranger bezel is not wide enough for the CC3 so they have done a hack job https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100....store_pc_groupList.8148356.22.79d45441N03VSk
Pity you did not pick this up before ordering or told about it as it means you have no home, power or back buttons which are all used to control the unit. I am always using the home button as I cannot get the unit to startup at the home screen. Not sure what you do to get to the home screen.
Edit: Just installed a patch by Gordgelin that starts Teyes at home screen I will see how it goes.

Last edited:

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
It actually looks like the bezel covers the edges of the screen. The normal touch panel buttons are usually immediately below the two microphone/reset holes.

You can try installing a software home button from the Google Play Store but I'm not sure how that will work. Here's one I found:

Either they messed up the bezel or there wasn't enough room or something...

I have one of my steering wheel buttons mapped to Home and another mapped to back/return.

I think the icon with the exclamation mark means that there is no SIM in the unit. With my SPro/CC2 head unit, which is Android 8.1, the icon shows up in the status bar at the top of the screen. I used the System UI Tuner, which is hidden but available on the SPro/CC2. I'm not sure about the CC3. As well, I'm not sure what that strip on the left-hand side of the screen is...is it part of the launcher or a system component? For this, there are a bunch of apps in the Google Playstore which either unhide or allow access to these System UI Tuner features or functions. You can try looking for them:

Don't know anything about these apps. You should research or try them yourself. Post your experiences for others. Hopefully, one of these work. It was very annoying for me. I access data for the head unit through a hotspot on my cell phone.

FYI, the System UI Tuner allows you to show/hide various items. On mine it looks something like this. I don't think all of these options were available and I think I turned off "Mobile data". This is something you modify once and then forget about it. It will likely be different for the CC3 if it can be accessed at all:

1632704938054.png

undergrounde

Apr 13, 2009
Hi,
I installed CC3 in my opel insignia a few days ago and everything looks ok but not perfect.
First question to other owners, where can I see the outside temperature measured by car (sensor is under right mirror)? I saw somewhere, probably for other head unit or other car manufacture that "Car info" app shows basic information like the temperature, information about seat belts, hand brake, fuel level and consumption etc. In my case, I have there only settings that were available in oryginal radio (navi 900) like setting which doors should be unlocked at opening, some AC settings, some comfort settings etc. but there is no data like I mentioned.
Any idea how can I see temperature from car build in sensor?

Second thing, do you hear some noise even when no music or radio is playing? I suspect that this is something called ground loop noise or something like this but I'm wondering if all android head units have it or it's only for me (maybe I connected something wrong or missed some groud cable...). For oryginal Opel Navi 900 I had no such problem. Of course when I'm driving with the volume at the normal level then it's not a problem.
Next minor issue is, when I listen to FM radio and I get notification from google maps then there is some "click/bang" sound before and after notification.
I didn't hear this "bang sound" when all music playes from a digital source - I mean online radio or spotify mixed with google maps notifications... So here I think that when analog FM radio is mixed or swiched to digital notification sound then something is wrong.

And the last thing, CC3 supports RDS in FM radio (however the font size of RDS program station name and radio text is super small and I hope they will fix the desing in the future). Anyway, there is also AF function that should find the same radio station on a different frequency when the current signal is weak. I noticed that it doesn't work correctly... When the signal is weak then radio tries to find other frequency but it ends up with jumping from the current station to some others. I know that oryginal car head units usually have 2 tuners (main that is used for playing the radio and second one that constantly scans frequencies to have the list of available stations in current location).
Do you have similar problem?
Did you find solution for "click/bang" sound before and after notification?

Pihexur

Jan 11, 2021
Part. I have a spro plus radio with an upgrade to cc3. My problem is that when listening to the FM radio while driving, the volume of the music decreases and when it stops it increases. further, when I move, it is quieter by about one value. this only happens on fm radio, spotify section Ok, the sound is equal

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
I know of a speed sensitive volume feature on the SPro/CC2. However, it sounds like yours is backwards, so it may not be this speed sensitive volume feature. It's supposed to increase the volume when your vehicle speed increases as there is more road and wind noise at higher speeds.

There was a method to turn this off using the following variable in the config.txt in the previous SPro/CC2 head units:

ro.syu.env_voloffset_level=0

But I don't know how to do that on the CC3. I believe there is some more information about this on the 4pda forum:

rmb3218

Nov 17, 2017
Can someone tell me what the “upgrade” option on the Teyes file manager does. I had a directory selected & hit this button & it returned to main app selection menu. It also appears to have deleted the directory I had selected.
IMG_1612m.jpg

Last edited:

Weffy91

Sep 29, 2021
Hello

I am looking for the best option for a dash camera for my CC3. How many cameras can connect to the CC3? I have a reverse camera and would like a front facing camera in case I get in an accident
Sorry for the n00b question but I just can not find the answer

I see 3 different camera apps on the CC3 and I have heard about people having video on all 4 corners and how is this possible.
I don’t know what a 360 camera is but What 360 cameras are compatible?

Last edited:

fcortes626

Dec 23, 2011
Baldwin Park/ L.A.
Hello

I am looking for the best option for a dash camera for my CC3. How many cameras can connect to the CC3? I have a reverse camera and would like a front facing camera in case I get in an accident

I see 3 different camera apps on the CC3 and I have heard about people having video on all 4 corners and how is this possible.
Teyes sells a front camera that adds lane departure and collision alert. Also serves as a dash cam.

Reactions: Weffy91

fcortes626

Dec 23, 2011
Baldwin Park/ L.A.
Anyone here install this on a 9th generation Honda Civic?

Or does anyone know how to wire the Canbus decoder? I ordered the unit and they sent a CRV harness and a raise can us decoder. The CRV wiring doesn't completely match the Civic wiring. They sent me some free stuff in order for me to help them to get it to work on my car.

The ones i am most confused about are labled BUS+, and BUS-. I believe these go to the information display and might transmit information such as time and audio information. These are not the can network as there is a CAN_H, AND CAN_L pins. There is also SWC_A, B, and C. I believe these are for steering wheel control. BRAKE_OUT and REVERSE_OUT i believe are outputs to signal the head unit the car is in reverse to activate the reverse camera screen and to notify the unit the handbrake is off.

now the ones i am completely lost with are labeled RXD, TXD, B_CTL IN, RCAM_CTL IN, and A_CTL.

aMy idea what these last ones might mean? Maybe A_CTL = AMP CONTROL. RCAM_CTL IN= INPUT FOR REVERSE SIGNAL?

Note i do not have the unit yet but it should get to me soon. Any help is appreciated.

turbanlegend

Aug 29, 2021
Can someone pleaseeeee help me with the equalizer settings?
I recently installed a subwoofer.
And in the subwoofer setting in the teyes theres low freqency and high frequency,
What should I set this too? Advice? Im a noob at this

Rookie23

Sep 20, 2021
It actually looks like the bezel covers the edges of the screen. The normal touch panel buttons are usually immediately below the two microphone/reset holes.

You can try installing a software home button from the Google Play Store but I'm not sure how that will work. Here's one I found:

I have one of my steering wheel buttons mapped to Home and another mapped to back/return.

I think the icon with the exclamation mark means that there is no SIM in the unit. With my SPro/CC2 head unit, which is Android 8.1, the icon shows up in the status bar at the top of the screen. I used the System UI Tuner, which is hidden but available on the SPro/CC2. I'm not sure about the CC3. As well, I'm not sure what that strip on the left-hand side of the screen is...is it part of the launcher or a system component? For this, there are a bunch of apps in the Google Playstore which either unhide or allow access to these System UI Tuner features or functions. You can try looking for them:

Don't know anything about these apps. You should research or try them yourself. Post your experiences for others. Hopefully, one of these work. It was very annoying for me. I access data for the head unit through a hotspot on my cell phone.

FYI, the System UI Tuner allows you to show/hide various items. On mine it looks something like this. I don't think all of these options were available and I think I turned off "Mobile data". This is something you modify once and then forget about it. It will likely be different for the CC3 if it can be accessed at all:

View attachment 5419713
Thanks, all this information helps alot, I had no idea about the other buttons as I didn't install it. I should have paid more attention, it just didn't occur to that this might happen. Has anyone tried any of these UI settings Apps on a CC3 and had any success?

Unfortunately as I am locked out of the canbus settings, I can't set a button on the steering or console to assist. I have just been using the slide down ones that show when you swipe the screen downards from the top, its a bit tedious.

Rookie23

Sep 20, 2021
I also have a sound quality issue when streaming bluetooth music, podcasts, mp3 etc from my android phone. Initially I thought it was internet connection quality related so I started testing with files local on the phone using bluetooth only, the quality was good (no wifi enabled on CC3).

I only start getting bluetooth steaming sound qualtiy issues (tried a few apps) when I enable wifi and connect to the phones hotspot so I can use Google Maps as data from the phone (no sim in my cc3). This seems odd to me as the bluetooth file is local on the phone and does not need the internet or wifi connection so why would it cause sound quality to deteriorate to the point where it annoys you to listen to it?

Any ideas on what this might be or how to narrow it down further?

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
I also have a sound quality issue when streaming bluetooth music, podcasts, mp3 etc from my android phone. Initially I thought it was internet connection quality related so I started testing with files local on the phone using bluetooth only, the quality was good (no wifi enabled on CC3).

I only start getting bluetooth steaming sound qualtiy issues (tried a few apps) when I enable wifi and connect to the phones hotspot so I can use Google Maps as data from the phone (no sim in my cc3). This seems odd to me as the bluetooth file is local on the phone and does not need the internet or wifi connection so why would it cause sound quality to deteriorate to the point where it annoys you to listen to it?

If I remember correctly, I read on another forum that issues occur when both WiFi and bluetooth are enabled. I believe I remember that bluetooth and WiFi may be using the same chip. Not sure if that has anything to do with your issue.

I have my songs on a small usb drive that I leave in all the time. I use a Kingston DataTraveler Micro 3.1 64GB USB 3.0 which is very small. One of the reasons is that when playing music through bluetooth...many moons ago...not all the song information was sent across. This may be different now with newer bluetooth versions and improved players. I use PowerAmp and have album covers, artist information, track information, etc. It shows well with Waze on 2/3 left side of the screen and PowerAmp on the right 1/3. If I want to add any files, I directly access my network from the head unit to transfer files to it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone, l always get an ignition reboot on CC3 recently. Anytime l start my car the radio take some time to start. It wasn't like that when l first install it, may you tell me what to do for the radio start without reboot when l start the car please?
    Check https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/teyes-cc3.4189041/page-60#post-85674211

There is a setting to determine whether to reboot or sleep when you turn off the car.

However, if it was working properly before, it could mean that someone may have changed this setting or, in another forum, it has been suggested that low car battery voltage level could be an issue. If there is no specific reason for a low voltage level, the other forum suggested perhaps the car battery isn't in the best shape. Depending on where you are, some car stores can check/load test the battery. In Canada, Canadian Tire does this. In the United States, I think there are several that do this, such as AutoZone and Advance Auto Parts.

1632704938054.png
    Hello

Teyes sells a front camera that adds lane departure and collision alert. Also serves as a dash cam.

If I remember correctly, I read on another forum that issues occur when both WiFi and bluetooth are enabled. I believe I remember that bluetooth and WiFi may be using the same chip. Not sure if that has anything to do with your issue.

I have my songs on a small usb drive that I leave in all the time. I use a Kingston DataTraveler Micro 3.1 64GB USB 3.0 which is very small. One of the reasons is that when playing music through bluetooth...many moons ago...not all the song information was sent across. This may be different now with newer bluetooth versions and improved players. I use PowerAmp and have album covers, artist information, track information, etc. It shows well with Waze on 2/3 left side of the screen and PowerAmp on the right 1/3. If I want to add any files, I directly access my network from the head unit to transfer files to it.
    -Bought the DAB+ dongle, but there is no mention of an app. Any suggestions?
    Realzoulou's DAB-Z is simply the best one: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/dab-app-real-zoulous-dab-z-app-official-support-thread.3609608/
    Can be downloaded from play store
    Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
    The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
    Hi. earlier you said taht you dont't recommend buying Teyes for people outside Russia and now, that Teyes focuses on European region. What about other countries from Europe other than Russia? I'm from Poland and I own Ford Focus mk 3 (2011-1015)
    I am in France, and my CC3 gives me complete satisfaction on my Ford Focus 2. I do not see what the restrictions would be due to the development by the Russians
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
    I want wipe dalvik cache.but I dont know how
    unpack this to usb stick and plug into HU usb port, just like usual firmware update. it will clear cache
    Could be a holiday thing maybe?
    LOL, this is 9th of MAY, WWII Victory Day in CIS and some other countries
    s1200.jpeg