• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Hardware Development TEYES CC3

Search This thread

George Vlantoiu

Apr 28, 2019
Hello,
Anybody found a way to enable dark mode at system level? I don't like to see the notifications on white background (I use Bridge app to send all phone notifications, whatsapp, sms, calls), the same for google play and all other google apps.
Thank you!

Fluffsta

Oct 7, 2021
Can anybody help me with an issue with my Teyes CC3. I use my phone as a mobile hotspot to give my unit internet which has been fine but recenlty I cannot download anything from the Google Playstore or even update my Teyes apps (Teyes radio) yet when I use Spotify I can stream from my phone to the Teyes CC3 device.

Any app I have seems to use my phones data fine (Waze, Google internet, Spotify) yet if I try to download anything from Google play store on my CC3 all I get is a pending notification. I tried updating Teyes apps (radio etc) and nothing is happening!

I can stream and use Youtube on my CC3 yet if I try and download anything through the CC3 screen nothing happens!

Many thanks for any help.

Edit - I have a Samsung S10 if this helps. I could download any app through the Teyes unit while using my phone as a hotspot before but for some reason nothing will download now.

Last edited:

Rookie23

Sep 20, 2021
Hi, I have had a lot of people complain lately that my voice is very low when make phones calls from my Huawei P20 using the CC3. Phone volume is up full and I can hear the other caller very well but they can hardly hear me. I have an external Teyes supplied microphone connected located near the rearview mirror as I didn't want this to be an issue (when the unit was first installed I didn't have any complaints but to do not make that many phone calls)

Any ideas and is there a way to turn just the phone microphone volume up somehow as I have been unable to find it?

Anxo58

Oct 24, 2016
Can anybody help me with an issue with my Teyes CC3. I use my phone as a mobile hotspot to give my unit internet which has been fine but recenlty I cannot download anything from the Google Playstore or even update my Teyes apps (Teyes radio) yet when I use Spotify I can stream from my phone to the Teyes CC3 device.

Any app I have seems to use my phones data fine (Waze, Google internet, Spotify) yet if I try to download anything from Google play store on my CC3 all I get is a pending notification. I tried updating Teyes apps (radio etc) and nothing is happening!

I can stream and use Youtube on my CC3 yet if I try and download anything through the CC3 screen nothing happens!

Edit - I have a Samsung S10 if this helps. I could download any app through the Teyes unit while using my phone as a hotspot before but for some reason nothing will download now.
Hello, yesterday the same thing happened to me with my work phone, I couldn't download apps from the play store with their own data or using my personal phone as a Wi-Fi server, I don't think it has to do with the CC3. Check the settings of the play store, you may have to give it permission to download and update Apps through mobile data.

eli_1234

Jan 11, 2010
Hi, I have had a lot of people complain lately that my voice is very low when make phones calls from my Huawei P20 using the CC3. Phone volume is up full and I can hear the other caller very well but they can hardly hear me. I have an external Teyes supplied microphone connected located near the rearview mirror as I didn't want this to be an issue (when the unit was first installed I didn't have any complaints but to do not make that many phone calls)

Any ideas and is there a way to turn just the phone microphone volume up somehow as I have been unable to find it?
same problem here... started after one of the updates.
currently running Vincent Vega edition, but the problem started after updating to the official firmware.

beejkitsune

May 2, 2015
Durham, England
Google Pixel 5
Hello,
Anybody found a way to enable dark mode at system level? I don't like to see the notifications on white background (I use Bridge app to send all phone notifications, whatsapp, sms, calls), the same for google play and all other google apps.
Thank you!
I've tried using both an app to force enable dark mode and to access the AOSP settings menu (not the Teyes interface) and it seems they have removed this option. Option not available in settings and dark mode app says not compatible. I'm open to suggestions though.

beejkitsune

May 2, 2015
Durham, England
Google Pixel 5

I occasionally have this issue and a combo of clearing Play Store cache/data, rebooting the HU and disconnecting and reconnecting to my phone's hotspot seems to fix it. Don't know what combo as I just randomly try things and didn't make a mental note of the order but that did it for me today.

George Vlantoiu

Apr 28, 2019
I've tried using both an app to force enable dark mode and to access the AOSP settings menu (not the Teyes interface) and it seems they have removed this option. Option not available in settings and dark mode app says not compatible. I'm open to suggestions though.
I tried substratum also, it doesn't work. I still don't understand why they left white theme for an in car unit. Even if you would not allow to change it, but at least set it to dark mode, it's far better for in car use. Or, as they have day/night modes, trigger also dark mode with that.

JoRastaf

Oct 11, 2021
Hello world,
has anyone had any issues where the CC3 stopped outputting audio?
my cc3 is about a month old and one day there was no sound.
Until then it was working fine.
my car has a factory fitted amp. I have made the necessary connections.
I tested all the connections I made and they are all good.
Anyway to test if the CC3 is actually outputting audio?

tia

IceFragmatic

Aug 17, 2007
Auckland
Is it safe to order from the Australian shop?
I am expecting the head-unit to be delivered today (ordered from Aus shop to NZ). The second part (all the accessories) only left the depot in China a few days ago. These were ordered on 3rd Sept. there was minimal proactive advise from Teyes. I had to track the shipment myself to know why it was delayed.

The second shipment of parts appears to have been "returned to sender" twice via the export depot. Apparently the dash cam might have been left out. If this is correct then the Aussie seller is at least checking the photos of what is shipped.

I will advise of the unit quality when it arrives, but unable to confirm all working for another 3 weeks until the second shipment arrives.

Top Liked Posts

does anyone have the veepeak OBD2 bluetooth paired and working?
    Answering myself,
    Did the config file change and flashed new firmware:
    sys.fyt.bluetooth_type=0
    Tried to connect to the Veepeak BT device with no success. After further reading on 4pda, installed the CarScanner app and it detected and connected to the device. After that, run Torque and it worked. I'll now install the modified Teyes app and see how it goes.
    Can some one upload the carlink app for Android auto? I installed one from 4pda and it didn't work. I tried downloading several other ones and they say connecting>connection successful and then the app closes. Or is there a certain setting i have to change? I remember it worked before. I even tried s different cable and same thing happens.

Can some one upload the carlink app for Android auto? I installed one from 4pda and it didn't work. I tried downloading several other ones and they say connecting>connection successful and then the app closes. Or is there a certain setting i have to change? I remember it worked before. I even tried s different cable and same thing happens.
    Just purchased the Highlander3 CC3 64GC with 6gb ram. My Highlander is the 2018 LTD model with backup camera, navigation, and steering wheel control. I understand Teyes will supply ALL cables and accessories to install the radio. Is this true? I not what other connectors must I purchase. Also does this unit connect to my stock microphone or does it include a separate microphone I must install? Does this unit connect to my stock backup camera? I am not looking to upgrade my backup camera or install a front camera. In order to use Android Auto I must connect my phone to the radio USB connector # 2 or # 3 I believe. When I connect the radio do these USB connectors from the Teyes unit connect to my existing stock USB ports in my car? Also I bought a power subwoofer which uses an RCA input. I don't see an RCA out port on the Teyes unit. Am I missing something. Any assistance on the install would be appreciated. Last thing is the Teyes website installation video for the 2018 Toyota Highlander is in Russian. Is there a link to this video with English subtitles or any other English Highlander install videos. Thank you in advance.
    Teyes has RCA out for front, back and sub. Comes as cable harness which is connected on one of the ports in the back.
    I have done the latest update via FOTA. It works but still the head unit is still very rigid. Hopefully the next update will enable the main page to be customizable like what those 3rd party has done to enable the user to to setup your own main page to your needs. Think this will attract more people to get this Teyes head units.
    I have done the latest update via FOTA. It works but still the head unit is still very rigid. Hopefully the next update will enable the main page to be customizable like what those 3rd party has done to enable the user to to setup your own main page to your needs. Think this will attract more people to get this Teyes head units.
    I also installed december update via usb stick. All fine till now. I use car launcher but now i put here vietnamese launcher maybe somone want to try.
    Hi Guys, I received my Teyes CC3 + DVR + Reverse Camera for VW Polo yesterday. After adding my Google account in the HU, it deleted all my contacts. I noticed it only a little later when my WhatsApp started showing them as unknown numbers. I checked Google Contacts and confirmed the same. Strange! @TEYESAustralia

View attachment 5474369

Also I would like to know the recommended apps to be installed on the HU.
    Don't know if you have already found a solution. Turn off the synchronisation of contacts on CC3
    Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
    The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
    Hi. earlier you said taht you dont't recommend buying Teyes for people outside Russia and now, that Teyes focuses on European region. What about other countries from Europe other than Russia? I'm from Poland and I own Ford Focus mk 3 (2011-1015)
    I am in France, and my CC3 gives me complete satisfaction on my Ford Focus 2. I do not see what the restrictions would be due to the development by the Russians
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
    I want wipe dalvik cache.but I dont know how
    unpack this to usb stick and plug into HU usb port, just like usual firmware update. it will clear cache
    Could be a holiday thing maybe?
    LOL, this is 9th of MAY, WWII Victory Day in CIS and some other countries
    s1200.jpeg