• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Hardware Development TEYES CC3

Search This thread

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
I use sygic and have problems if I use a tts voice which I understand is computer generated so takes more resources. Using the included non tts works fine.
Hi there. Does anyone know how to configure the CC3 so that the voice instructions from the iGo GPS navigator overlap the radio? when I close the radio application the voice instructions of the iGo gps if they are heard; when the radio works they are muted. Any ideas?

Anxo58

Oct 24, 2016
I use sygic and have problems if I use a tts voice which I understand is computer generated so takes more resources. Using the included non tts works fine.
Yes, I have Sygic too. The good thing about sygic is that it can be set as the default gps navigator in CC3 and I have no problem receiving voice instructions on my unit. With iGo (iGo avic) the voice instructions only work when the radio application is closed. I have also not been able to set IGo as the default browser app. I prefer iGo over sygic because the information on the maximum speed for sections seems more accurate and because, in general, iGo offers more information about the different road signs.

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
Yes, I have Sygic too. The good thing about sygic is that it can be set as the default gps navigator in CC3 and I have no problem receiving voice instructions on my unit. With iGo (iGo avic) the voice instructions only work when the radio application is closed. I have also not been able to set IGo as the default browser app. I prefer iGo over sygic because the information on the maximum speed for sections seems more accurate and because, in general, iGo offers more information about the different road signs.
I think if you use the Vincent vega firmware it allows any navigation program to be used as the default. I will check tomorrow if I can do that with igo. I find that the sygic does not warn of overspeed very well but other than that it works well.

JMM44700

Jun 17, 2018
Orvault
I think if you use the Vincent vega firmware it allows any navigation program to be used as the default. I will check tomorrow if I can do that with igo. I find that the sygic does not warn of overspeed very well but other than that it works well.
With the last update of the CC3, all GPS navigators can be accepted: I put IGO, with TTS voices, and the superposition works with all other audio sources. I also tested Sygic, here, Waze. all ok

bobgodd

Jan 26, 2009
Can anyone with a CC3 confirm whether it can play DRM content? I am ready to replace my Joying head unit because it will not play anything on YouTube TV. It's a real bummer because otherwise the unit is pretty nice, but this is a deal breaker. I emailed Teyes customer support and they says it does play DRM content, but would like confirmation from an actual owner!

Last edited:

samuelkbca

Oct 21, 2021
Hi! I installed CC3 on my IX35 2017 car. Everything works, but the parking brake indicator doesn't turn off, which also activates the parking brake audible when the car is moving. When I disconnect the CC3, the parking brake indicator works as expected. I don't know what to do, can someone help me? Sorry for my bad English.

Weffy91

Sep 29, 2021
Teyes sells a front camera that adds lane departure and collision alert. Also serves as a dash cam.
So o installed the ADAS front camera today. It’s great

can any tell me if there is a way to adjust the lane departure warning? It pushes me to the left a bit. Or is the only way to move the camera

also does it just save every video? Does it automatically delete old videos or does anyone know how that works?

fcortes626

Dec 23, 2011
Baldwin Park/ L.A.
So o installed the ADAS front camera today. It’s great

can any tell me if there is a way to adjust the lane departure warning? It pushes me to the left a bit. Or is the only way to move the camera

also does it just save every video? Does it automatically delete old videos or does anyone know how that works?
You might need to adjust the camera. Did you install it towards the middle?

I believe is saves videos in like 5 minute increments. Once the memory car fills up it overwrites the oldest video. Atleast that's how my other dashcam worked. My old dash cam would also protect files where it detected an impact so it would not get overwritten.

Feedermo

Oct 21, 2021
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm looking to buy a unit for around € 300.
My 2 options are junsun v3 pro 4-64gb and teyes cc3 3-32gb.
which is better? Thank you

Last edited:

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
Hi there. Does anyone know how to configure the CC3 so that the voice instructions from the iGo GPS navigator overlap the radio? when I close the radio application the voice instructions of the iGo gps if they are heard; when the radio works they are muted. Any ideas?
I also read that more recent firmware already includes iGo as one of the navigation options. If the other suggestions don't work, I read about some configurations for iGo.

There is a configuration file called sys.txt which can be modified.

The sys.txt configuration file may not exist...I read that it may be created by iGo...not sure. The line in the sys.txt file that may control the the audio stream being used. It looks something like:

[android] navigation_audio_stream = ????

Where ???? is one of the following:

0-STREAM_VOICE_CALL
1-STREAM_SYSTEM
2-STREAM_RING
3-STREAM_MUSIC
4-STREAM_ALARM
5-STREAM_NOTIFICATION
6-STREAM_BLUETOOTH

One post suggested a semi-colon should be at the beginning of the line. Another post suggested deleting that line entirely. Several posts suggested specifying setting the line to stream 3 while some said to use stream 6...although no details of their specific set up. Several of the posts were for different versions of iGo so this may differ depending on the version of iGo you are using.

If you try these, post your results.

I don't have iGo and just passing it along. If someone else has more info, maybe they can help. Do some searching on forums/threads specific to iGo where those users may have more info.

Fluffsta

Oct 7, 2021
My reversing camera works fine when I put my manual Honda CR-Z into reverse gear but when I select the camera app on my Teyes CC3 it just states no signal from camera. I have even tried putting in a memory card into one of the extrenal usb holders to see if this fixes the issue but I get no camera signal from selecting this app on my screen.

What does the camera app do on the Teyes? Can i vew my rear camera while driving. It looks like you can record and save video footage from the rear camera app. I would love to get this app working on my CC3!

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
@Fluffsta In order for the rear camera to work, it also needs to have power.

I'm guessing it is not getting power when you select the camera app. This is either because that's how the factory CRZ wiring is set up or you have the camera wired to the backup lights.

Bas14

Aug 4, 2021

I believe is saves videos in like 5 minute increments. Once the memory car fills up it overwrites the oldest video. Atleast that's how my other dashcam worked. My old dash cam would also protect files where it detected an impact so it would not get overwritten.
Hello l am wishing to buy the t

Hello, l want to by this dash cam for my CC3 but l've learnt that one has to subscribe if he want to receive a monitor information. Is that true? Can you please tell me how it works in this aspect please? What do l get if l didn't subscribe?

JMM44700

Jun 17, 2018
Orvault

The sensitivity of the warnings is adjustable, the position of the camera, to the left or to the right of the central mirror is fine. learning is automatic while driving: it is necessary to have a marking on the ground, a horizon at the end of the road, a straight line etc ... The calculation algorithm is pretty basic, It is only geometry, algebra and math., it's very approximate, at home, in France, it does not recognize cycle paths (width of unrecognized lanes) for example.

Anxo58

Oct 24, 2016
I also read that more recent firmware already includes iGo as one of the navigation options. If the other suggestions don't work, I read about some configurations for iGo.

There is a configuration file called sys.txt which can be modified.

The sys.txt configuration file may not exist...I read that it may be created by iGo...not sure. The line in the sys.txt file that may control the the audio stream being used. It looks something like:

[android] navigation_audio_stream = ????

Where ???? is one of the following:

0-STREAM_VOICE_CALL
1-STREAM_SYSTEM
2-STREAM_RING
3-STREAM_MUSIC
4-STREAM_ALARM
5-STREAM_NOTIFICATION
6-STREAM_BLUETOOTH

One post suggested a semi-colon should be at the beginning of the line. Another post suggested deleting that line entirely. Several posts suggested specifying setting the line to stream 3 while some said to use stream 6...although no details of their specific set up. Several of the posts were for different versions of iGo so this may differ depending on the version of iGo you are using.

If you try these, post your results.

I don't have iGo and just passing it along. If someone else has more info, maybe they can help. Do some searching on forums/threads specific to iGo where those users may have more info.
Thank you very much, mastrv, for your interest. I do not think it is a problem with the iGo Sys.txt file since in my previous unit (S160) I did not have that problem because, in it, I could put iGo as the default gps navigator. The problem, for me, is that the CC3 does not allow (through the system settings), to put iGo or another gps navigator that is not yandex or google maps. This is the reason why voice instructions from these browsers cannot be heard at the same time as the radio. If you turn up the audio volume (in audio settings) for the gps navigation app, you turn it up for the default app (yandex or googe maps). In the same way, if you run the gps navigation app from the arrow icon on the CC3 desktop, the app that starts is the yandex or G. maps app, even though you have configured another gps navigator (sygic, iGo, Tomtom, etc.) in the T'eyes voice settings. Another thing I don't understand is why google chrome, play store and youtube appear in gps navigation apps in system settings.

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
Thank you very much, mastrv, for your interest. I do not think it is a problem with the iGo Sys.txt file since in my previous unit (S160) I did not have that problem because, in it, I could put iGo as the default gps navigator. The problem, for me, is that the CC3 does not allow (through the system settings), to put iGo or another gps navigator that is not yandex or google maps. This is the reason why voice instructions from these browsers cannot be heard at the same time as the radio. If you turn up the audio volume (in audio settings) for the gps navigation app, you turn it up for the default app (yandex or googe maps). In the same way, if you run the gps navigation app from the arrow icon on the CC3 desktop, the app that starts is the yandex or G. maps app, even though you have configured another gps navigator (sygic, iGo, Tomtom, etc.) in the T'eyes voice settings. Another thing I don't understand is why google chrome, play store and youtube appear in gps navigation apps in system settings.
I can set igo as default and run it from the arrow etc. Even set as default it does not behave properly as far as voice. I have tried a lot of different navigation programs and not all work well. I have settled on sygic for off line and Google maps for when I have a data connection for real traffic info. All my installed programs are available in the system settings for GPS nav programs.

Last edited:

Anxo58

Oct 24, 2016
I can set igo as default and run it from the arrow etc. Even set as default it does not behave properly as far as voice. I have tried a lot of different navigation programs and not all work well. I have settled on sygic for off line and Google maps for when I have a data connection for real traffic info. All my installed programs are available in the system settings for GPS nav programs.
Thank you very much, wv1. I would like to know how you have done it. In my case, the iGo voice navigation instructions work correctly only when the radio or music player apps have been closed. when the radio or music player is working iGo stops giving voice navigation instructions. In my previous unit (s160) the same thing happened with any gps navigator that was not the default one. Please, if you know how to set iGo as the default gps tell me how you have done it, because, at the moment, I have not figured out how to do it.

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
Thank you very much, wv1. I would like to know how you have done it. In my case, the iGo voice navigation instructions work correctly only when the radio or music player apps have been closed. when the radio or music player is working iGo stops giving voice navigation instructions. In my previous unit (s160) the same thing happened with any gps navigator that was not the default one. Please, if you know how to set iGo as the default gps tell me how you have done it, because, at the moment, I have not figured out how to do it.
I run the Vincent vega firmware although a previous post said the latest cc3 firmware will also allow you to set any navigation program as default. The Vincent vega firmware also gives me more flexibility for other patches. The latest version also includes the latest teyes update which is still to be released but is being supplied on new purchased units.

dvaitman

May 31, 2010
Melbourne
Hi, probably the latest user getting this unit. Installed on my 2010 kluger over the weekend. So far so good, with a few questions:
-Bought the DAB+ dongle, but there is no mention of an app. Any suggestions?
- I've a veepeak odb2 device (BT) which works perfectly fine with my phone and torque pro. But can't pair ir to the head unit. Options?
-the unit came with a special harness for the "alarm" (as per this link: https://www.teyes.com.au/collection...eo-player-navigation-stereo-no-2din-2-din-dvd) but I've no idea where it's used. I've plugged everything and it all works so far. Only thing outstanding is plugging the rear camera to the reverse light.

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
Hi, probably the latest user getting this unit. Installed on my 2010 kluger over the weekend. So far so good, with a few questions:
-Bought the DAB+ dongle, but there is no mention of an app. Any suggestions?
- I've a veepeak odb2 device (BT) which works perfectly fine with my phone and torque pro. But can't pair ir to the head unit. Options?
-the unit came with a special harness for the "alarm" (as per this link: https://www.teyes.com.au/collection...eo-player-navigation-stereo-no-2din-2-din-dvd) but I've no idea where it's used. I've plugged everything and it all works so far. Only thing outstanding is plugging the rear camera to the reverse light.
https://t.n3t.net has a modified obd apk it maybe worth a try.

Top Liked Posts

Hi Guys, I received my Teyes CC3 + DVR + Reverse Camera for VW Polo yesterday. After adding my Google account in the HU, it deleted all my contacts. I noticed it only a little later when my WhatsApp started showing them as unknown numbers. I checked Google Contacts and confirmed the same. Strange! @TEYESAustralia

View attachment 5474369

Also I would like to know the recommended apps to be installed on the HU.
    Don't know if you have already found a solution. Turn off the synchronisation of contacts on CC3
    Can some one upload the carlink app for Android auto? I installed one from 4pda and it didn't work. I tried downloading several other ones and they say connecting>connection successful and then the app closes. Or is there a certain setting i have to change? I remember it worked before. I even tried s different cable and same thing happens.

Can some one upload the carlink app for Android auto? I installed one from 4pda and it didn't work. I tried downloading several other ones and they say connecting>connection successful and then the app closes. Or is there a certain setting i have to change? I remember it worked before. I even tried s different cable and same thing happens.
    Just purchased the Highlander3 CC3 64GC with 6gb ram. My Highlander is the 2018 LTD model with backup camera, navigation, and steering wheel control. I understand Teyes will supply ALL cables and accessories to install the radio. Is this true? I not what other connectors must I purchase. Also does this unit connect to my stock microphone or does it include a separate microphone I must install? Does this unit connect to my stock backup camera? I am not looking to upgrade my backup camera or install a front camera. In order to use Android Auto I must connect my phone to the radio USB connector # 2 or # 3 I believe. When I connect the radio do these USB connectors from the Teyes unit connect to my existing stock USB ports in my car? Also I bought a power subwoofer which uses an RCA input. I don't see an RCA out port on the Teyes unit. Am I missing something. Any assistance on the install would be appreciated. Last thing is the Teyes website installation video for the 2018 Toyota Highlander is in Russian. Is there a link to this video with English subtitles or any other English Highlander install videos. Thank you in advance.
    Teyes has RCA out for front, back and sub. Comes as cable harness which is connected on one of the ports in the back.
    I have done the latest update via FOTA. It works but still the head unit is still very rigid. Hopefully the next update will enable the main page to be customizable like what those 3rd party has done to enable the user to to setup your own main page to your needs. Think this will attract more people to get this Teyes head units.
    I have done the latest update via FOTA. It works but still the head unit is still very rigid. Hopefully the next update will enable the main page to be customizable like what those 3rd party has done to enable the user to to setup your own main page to your needs. Think this will attract more people to get this Teyes head units.
    I also installed december update via usb stick. All fine till now. I use car launcher but now i put here vietnamese launcher maybe somone want to try.
    Hi Guys, I received my Teyes CC3 + DVR + Reverse Camera for VW Polo yesterday. After adding my Google account in the HU, it deleted all my contacts. I noticed it only a little later when my WhatsApp started showing them as unknown numbers. I checked Google Contacts and confirmed the same. Strange! @TEYESAustralia

View attachment 5474369

Also I would like to know the recommended apps to be installed on the HU.
    Don't know if you have already found a solution. Turn off the synchronisation of contacts on CC3
    Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
    The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
    Hi. earlier you said taht you dont't recommend buying Teyes for people outside Russia and now, that Teyes focuses on European region. What about other countries from Europe other than Russia? I'm from Poland and I own Ford Focus mk 3 (2011-1015)
    I am in France, and my CC3 gives me complete satisfaction on my Ford Focus 2. I do not see what the restrictions would be due to the development by the Russians
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
    I want wipe dalvik cache.but I dont know how
    unpack this to usb stick and plug into HU usb port, just like usual firmware update. it will clear cache
    Could be a holiday thing maybe?
    LOL, this is 9th of MAY, WWII Victory Day in CIS and some other countries
    s1200.jpeg