• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Hardware Development TEYES CC3

Search This thread

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
I could update only after changing from usb2 to usb1. I have found the unit is very particular about memory sticks. I do not think OTA is released yet, as of yesterday it was not available but to be released in a few days.
The only trouble I have had so far is I cannot change back to usb2 from usb1. It keeps asking to confirm but no where to confirm.

prazak83

Mar 21, 2021
I received OTA but install ending with error the same as with memeory stick, stick iż the same as I used in the past for updates.

alfiabraham

Apr 17, 2012
Chennai
Hi Guys, I received my Teyes CC3 + DVR + Reverse Camera for VW Polo yesterday. After adding my Google account in the HU, it deleted all my contacts. I noticed it only a little later when my WhatsApp started showing them as unknown numbers. I checked Google Contacts and confirmed the same. Strange! @TEYESAustralia

Teyes_CC3_Deleted-596-Google-Contacts_2021-12-03.jpg

Also I would like to know the recommended apps to be installed on the HU.

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
Plenty of reports of this as a known bug. Cannot remember solution but it is posted on these threads. Not sure of @TEYESAustralia as he has not been on threads since Oct 17.

Bridgerock

Dec 7, 2009
No wonder I was wondering if Whatsapp was messing around with my contact list. So its caused by syncing with the Teyes Headunit. Zzzz...

Bridgerock

Dec 7, 2009
I have done the latest update via FOTA. It works but still the head unit is still very rigid. Hopefully the next update will enable the main page to be customizable like what those 3rd party has done to enable the user to to setup your own main page to your needs. Think this will attract more people to get this Teyes head units.

Reactions: criszz

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
I had to install 24/7 firmware to change USB to USB2 in factory settings. It would then not read the USB stick that I used to restore firmware. Did a FOTA update no problem. Still buggy on USB read.

criszz

Aug 22, 2008
BrasoV
I have done the latest update via FOTA. It works but still the head unit is still very rigid. Hopefully the next update will enable the main page to be customizable like what those 3rd party has done to enable the user to to setup your own main page to your needs. Think this will attract more people to get this Teyes head units.
I also installed december update via usb stick. All fine till now. I use car launcher but now i put here vietnamese launcher maybe somone want to try.

Attachments

• Launcher3com.android.launcher 6 v1.0.apk
    13.1 MB · Views: 21
  • 22464706.jpg
    22464706.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: Bridgerock

dvaitman

May 31, 2010
Melbourne
Tried the update. No success. I'll see if I can figure out which one is the USB1 as I've the DVR and DAB devices connected. Question as well, I've edited the config file to be: sys.fyt.bluetooth_type=0 - using notepad++. Hoping I'm using the right encoding (ANSI). Is that all I need to be able to connect to my OBD2 (Veepeak)?

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
I changed usb speed from usb2 to usb1 in factory settings to get my USB stick to be read from. If you can use OTA update it seems to work well.

dvaitman

May 31, 2010
Melbourne
ok, success in updating... identified USB1 and used that with the USB. SW updated. BUT, still can't pair my Veepeak OBD2. did the config.txt change - is there something I'm missing?
does anyone have the veepeak OBD2 bluetooth paired and working? I've Torque app, haven't installed the alternative teyes one (yet). If someone has step by step for dummies to get any BT device working?

thanks,

rudation

Sep 15, 2021
Hi Guys, I received my Teyes CC3 + DVR + Reverse Camera for VW Polo yesterday. After adding my Google account in the HU, it deleted all my contacts. I noticed it only a little later when my WhatsApp started showing them as unknown numbers. I checked Google Contacts and confirmed the same. Strange! @TEYESAustralia

View attachment 5474369

Also I would like to know the recommended apps to be installed on the HU.
Don't know if you have already found a solution. Turn off the synchronisation of contacts on CC3

Reactions: alfiabraham

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone Has issues downloading apps from the build teyes app on the cc3? After the latest update.
    Download is stuck on 0.00%.
    I got internet connection its the problem.
    Thx
    For ppl who cannot download from teyes app, i put here last version. Uninstall old first.
    For ppl who cannot download from teyes app, i put here last version. Uninstall old first.
    Thx man
    Happy that this Major bug is getting fixed in the 2021 Dec update🙏🏻😊
    I really hope so, but hold your horses.
    The bug was already there in 2016 and never solved. It was said to be solved as well somewhere in 2019. No way!
    I really hope they solved it this time, but I would really like someone to test this.
    Can anyone please help resolve a problem with the volume. At setting 5 it is extremely loud. Can the whole sound volume spectrum be recalibrated down?
    If you have a CANbus, check the CANbus settings. Some CANbus options have a Low and High option. This controls output volume. Check if that is relevant for you.
    I believe the CC3 randomly deleted a number of my contacts from my phone when I connected Bluetooth for the first time yesterday. Has anyone experienced this and is there a setting that will prevent it from happening again.
    Yea. It happened to me too when I signed in to CC3. It deleted 500+ contacts from my Google account. It is fixed in the latest update. https://cc3.teyes.ru/en/update.html

4.Solved the issue of contacts in the Google account being cleared after some mobile phones were connected to Bluetooth.

Wait for a stable release. Until then do not sync contacts in the Android HU.
    Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
    The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
    Hi. earlier you said taht you dont't recommend buying Teyes for people outside Russia and now, that Teyes focuses on European region. What about other countries from Europe other than Russia? I'm from Poland and I own Ford Focus mk 3 (2011-1015)
    I am in France, and my CC3 gives me complete satisfaction on my Ford Focus 2. I do not see what the restrictions would be due to the development by the Russians
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
    I want wipe dalvik cache.but I dont know how
    unpack this to usb stick and plug into HU usb port, just like usual firmware update. it will clear cache
    Could be a holiday thing maybe?
    LOL, this is 9th of MAY, WWII Victory Day in CIS and some other countries
    s1200.jpeg