Hardware Development TEYES CC3

Search This thread

jvs60

Jul 13, 2008
Miami-Dade County
OPPO Find X3 Pro
I purchased the CC3 for my 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I was not sent the dash fascia, it's not going to work on the 2019-2020 Grand Cherokee without because of the way our oem radio is made. I was sent a bracket clearly marked 2014-2017. On the 2019 and up jeeps the screen comes attached to the fascia as seen in the second attachment. At this point I'm willing to sell the CC3 and front dvr. I never even attempted to install.

Attachments

• IMG20220509165518.jpg
    IMG20220509165518.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_2022-05-23-12-26-05-16_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-23-12-26-05-16_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 28

JMM44700

Jun 17, 2018
Orvault
I purchased the CC3 for my 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee and I was not sent the dash fascia, it's not going to work on the 2019-2020 Grand Cherokee without because of the way our oem radio is made. I was sent a bracket clearly marked 2014-2017. On the 2019 and up jeeps the screen comes attached to the fascia as seen in the second attachment. At this point I'm willing to sell the CC3 and front dvr. I never even attempted to install.

Staniel P.

Mar 11, 2022
Bulgaria
Hey guys, I've resolved my Issue where the DVR and the TPMS apps were crashing for Teyes CC3 360 version.

For anyone who has the same issue, make sure that you have not connected any devices to USB 1 port!
The cable that comes with the DVR has one USB and one camera specific port, use those for the DVR and the TPMS and leave the USB 1 in the Glove Box or just make it accessible to use with USB sticks for data or for local Firmware Updates.

Moving the TPMS from USB 1 to the other USB port solved my issues and the apps are running great now.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: ajnin_

zepherhax

Sep 14, 2011
Vancouver
Hey there!

I recently installed the CC3 into my 2009 Acura TSX (Honda Accord Euro 8 ) but I can't seem to get any audio with the canbus decoder installed. With the decoder removed, I have audio but only in the front speakers. Do you know what the issue could be?

fzrrii

Dec 26, 2018
Hi. I need help. I recently installed CC3 on my vezel, but when i open the door there is no indication on the HU. What can be the problem? Steering control all works fine.

signo3d

May 28, 2022
Hi guys, I have a 2 months old teyes cc3 (64+128) installed a 2013 Pajero. The unit works fine but I have an issue (?) with the voice control.
So I have watched these videos from Teyes Malesya

Unfortunately my radio does not recognize all of them. For example, turn on navigation does not open maps. Let alone open a specific address. Cannot even say to take me home, or to work, which rules out pronunciation problems.
My default app for navigation is google maps....could that be the culprit?

Anyone else with the same issue? I have (from memory) the unit set up to US ENGLISH

Also related to the above, and even more annoying, is the following:
The speech recognition does not work for the first 5-10 min after power on. Basically when you say a command there is a written confirmation of the voice command that pops up at the bottom of the screen, same as in the above videos.
Similarly a confirmation of the voice function being activated appears on screen (it says something like "US English voice activation bla bla") , but it takes anywhere between 5 to 10 min for this to appear, and therefore for the voice command to work.
Again, is this normal?
It seems like a veeeeeery long time, I am wondering maybe if there's something wrong with my unit?

thansk heaps.
Marco

signo3d

May 28, 2022
Also, is there a specific version of Netflix that works without the annoying issue of the progress bar not appearing?

Krokogator

Feb 2, 2011
Radom
Does anyone know if there is a possiblity to buy one with delivery to Poland (or Europe anywhere) (CC3 model for Mondeo Mk3). I tried by aliexpress but they told me to request a refund as they have no delivery options....

Last edited:

apek862002

Dec 7, 2012
Does anyone know if there is a possiblity to buy one with delivery to Poland (or Europe anywhere) (CC3 model for Mondeo Mk3). I tried by aliexpress but they told me to request a refund as they have no delivery options....
Spróbuj tutaj. Też zamierzam kupić, ale nie do Mondeo.

Mod translation via GT: Try here. I am going to buy too, but not for Mondeo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Krokogator

checksum123

Jan 27, 2012
Everytime I start the car from a still position, I keep hearing this annoying voice " Here we go".
How do I get rid of it?

Also I keep hearing 2 beeps constantly whenever my speed goes over the speed limit?
Where is that co.ing from?

WV1

Jun 9, 2021
Hi guys, I have a 2 months old teyes cc3 (64+128) installed a 2013 Pajero. The unit works fine but I have an issue (?) with the voice control.
So I have watched these videos from Teyes Malesya

Unfortunately my radio does not recognize all of them. For example, turn on navigation does not open maps. Let alone open a specific address. Cannot even say to take me home, or to work, which rules out pronunciation problems.
My default app for navigation is google maps....could that be the culprit?

Anyone else with the same issue? I have (from memory) the unit set up to US ENGLISH

Also related to the above, and even more annoying, is the following:
The speech recognition does not work for the first 5-10 min after power on. Basically when you say a command there is a written confirmation of the voice command that pops up at the bottom of the screen, same as in the above videos.
Similarly a confirmation of the voice function being activated appears on screen (it says something like "US English voice activation bla bla") , but it takes anywhere between 5 to 10 min for this to appear, and therefore for the voice command to work.
Again, is this normal?
It seems like a veeeeeery long time, I am wondering maybe if there's something wrong with my unit?

thansk heaps.
Marco
There are known bugs in voice control in 2022 firmware which your unit being 2 months old may have installed. The only solution talked about elsewhere is to downgrade to a 2021 firmware version.
There is a patch of an old version voice available to overcome limitations :- https://mega.nz/file/lkAWXBwS#IUBrgui3s19ix4ZpJAGNujkxRSehD9CQkNxsWYevxQQ

Last edited:

Chalo27

Jun 4, 2022
Me gustaría hacer algo similar, no estoy seguro de que podamos hacer esto en los EE. UU., pero espero que alguien descubra cómo hacerlo. Probablemente compre una tableta vieja y la agregue y cambie la SIM, tiene que haber una manera ... :)
Compré una sim que es de otro país y la activé, telcel, solo activé roaming y listo. Los planes no cuestan mucho, yo pago 7 dolares al mes

st3v4nt

Nov 6, 2011
Anyone have their Teyes supplied back up camera stop working?
How you connect it to the power? Did you constantly power it so you can watch traffic through app or just connect it to power when reverse (i.e powered from reverse light)? If you do the first then the camera step down voltage (green plastic case thing) may fail due to the excessive heat from constantly powered. You could try to fix it by cut and replace it with new step down thingy or just buy new cheaper similar spec camera and replace the overprice teyes backup camera with it.

st3v4nt

Nov 6, 2011
There are known bugs in voice control in 2022 firmware which your unit being 2 months old may have installed. The only solution talked about elsewhere is to downgrade to a 2021 firmware version.
There is a patch of an old version voice available to overcome limitations :- https://mega.nz/file/lkAWXBwS#IUBrgui3s19ix4ZpJAGNujkxRSehD9CQkNxsWYevxQQ
After much fiasco with teyes voice pro app that freezee the screen when stop working, I disabled it for good. Just wonder could that stop working issue appear because teyes voice app have a routine to check the activation validity through gps detection? Because as I recalled the dreaded stop working dialog box appear when the weather is heavily cloudy or when I park in the basement all day. Place or condition where I get little or no gps connection.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Question regarding google maps.
    Sometimes when I use google maps it open in this weird "layout", basically it does show the navigation but as you can see the map is in 2d, navigation instructions are in the bottom left corner, the blue arrow (my car) is centered.
    it seems like a weird option from maps itself, but i never had this in both my phone and android tablet, only on the head unit.
    To go back to the standard navigation i have to close the app and re open it.
    Any idea why?

Also, I have my maps in the main screen (where the teyes car is). It would be very handy if tapping (double tapping o triple or whatever) would open the map in full screen, instead of needing to tap the circle for the main app menu and then looking for the icon itself.
    Again, tips?
    Cheers
    Lots of reports over time on 4PDA on this happening.
    Why did you update MCU.
    This is warning on MCU :- DO NOT UPDATE THE MCU UNLESS NECESSARY. In case of failure, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to restore the head unit at home!

25/10/21 MCU update was a fix for what you encountered strange that it did the opposite.

Description 25/10 MCU update:
    Previously, given the auto start and stop function of the vehicle for some car models, the DSP did not update the parameters in the state when the vehicle is started (ACC ON) and there was a short sound delay when updating the DSP parameters for a couple of seconds. A small number of car models have been found to have voltage fluctuations when the ACC is turned on. As a result, the car's DSP works with errors and the sound disappears on the device. After rebooting the device, the sound appears. In order to ensure stable operation of most users' devices, we have decided to go back to the previous working mechanism by triggering a DSP parameter update when ACC is enabled.

If you have not encountered the situation that after starting the car there is no sound, then you do not need to update the MCU.

If you want old MCU firmware it is on 4PDA. No links or help for 4PDA can be given on XDA forum so you will have to do your own research how to get it from there.
    Also, is there a specific version of Netflix that works without the annoying issue of the progress bar not appearing?
    I hope this works.
    How did you disable the teyes voice?
    Go to settings (cogwheel icon) choose device > apps, scroll until you find teyes voice, klik the app and choose disable. The dialog box will pop up to warn you, just choose disable app.
    Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
    The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
    Hi. earlier you said taht you dont't recommend buying Teyes for people outside Russia and now, that Teyes focuses on European region. What about other countries from Europe other than Russia? I'm from Poland and I own Ford Focus mk 3 (2011-1015)
    I am in France, and my CC3 gives me complete satisfaction on my Ford Focus 2. I do not see what the restrictions would be due to the development by the Russians
    Check if the OBD has good connection with the car socket. Pull it out and put it in again. Scan for Bluetooth devices and you must find it there. Also check the pins on the OBD adapter and the car socket, to see if there are any bent pins that don't connect properly. Also I think I heard somewhere that it's good to connect the OBD before you start the engine.
    Thank you for the advice. I did all of the above, but unfortunately with the same result as before.
    The CC3 sees the OBD2 adapter in the Bluetooth menu, but after some time attempting to connect I get a "Connected Unsuccessfully" message ( or at least that is what I believe it says, because the message is cut off )
    OBD2.jpg

Also I would like to do a follow up regarding the new firmware. I can confirm that with it the device remains in sleep while the ignition of the car is off, even after 1h and 45min once the ignition was turned on the device woke up instantly. Where as before with the original firmware, after about 5min the device would do a clean / full boot.

And for those looking to get Google assistant working a possible workaround would be to trigger the assistant via one of your steering wheel buttons.
    #1 go to Settings / General
    #2 Set the Google Assistant as the Navi App option
    #3 Go to Settings / Device / Steering Wheel Setting
    #4 Map one of your steering wheel buttons to launch the Navi app.

Now just before anyone get way too excited, this is not a perfect solution.
    While I'm able to do things like opening apps ( YouTube, waze, 360 panorama app ) asking for direction via google maps, playing specific Playlist via Spotify. I discovered that it's not possible to make or receive phone calls via the assistant, and most likely there are other things that I did not test or discovered.
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg
    I want wipe dalvik cache.but I dont know how
    unpack this to usb stick and plug into HU usb port, just like usual firmware update. it will clear cache