Hardware Development TEYES CC3

Search This thread

dvaitman

May 31, 2010
Melbourne
Hi,
quick question re. bluetooth. I paired my phone once just to test how it works. I then removed the HU from my phone (forget device) however the HU still tries to connect to my phone everytime I turn on the car. This didn't happen before doing that first pairing. Any way to make the HU completely forget my phone?

Slice235

Nov 28, 2021
A bit late on this post but thought I would confirm specific install tips before installing the CC3 Unit. I am going to install the Teyes CC3 6+128G unit in my 2018 Toyota Highlander LTD in the next day or 2. Looking to connect to my existing backup camera but adding the Teyes front DVR camera. Also have the Axxess - AX-TOYCAM3-6V harness to adapt to the existing backup camera. Is there a specific task order I should follow to ensure the unit connects properly and to eliminate any issues as noted in this forum, ie. software update first, contact upload next, software upload next, ie. Netflix, other tasks..... Probably doesn't matter but any specific guidance would be appreciated.

giallorosso84

Jan 17, 2022
if u have unlocked sim card and no problem with sim slot on your unit (sim card recognized) maybe u need to manualy input a APN settings on your unit for that sim card and your carrier and dont forget to reboot
I confirm the sim card is activated but when I want to configure the apn this is what I get. I tried several manipulation with wifi, putting back in factory configuration etc. But I still do not have access...
It’s starting to be a lot of trouble. Already I don’t have a return of the original camera, I don’t have a popup when I use the air conditioning buttons, I had to configure myself the keys of the steering wheel I have no possibilities to have 4G network.
All these problems I did not have on a CC2PLUS with the cruze but the CC3 disappoints me and the engineers do not really answer.

Attachments

• IMG_20220118_090243.jpg
    IMG_20220118_090243.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 59

JMM44700

Jun 17, 2018
Orvault
Rooted unit? If so unroot it.
Otherwise check if your nav app uses "bluetooth" to speak or "local speaker", or whatever the app calls it. That sometimes also makes a difference.
Thank you for your quick response, The CC3 is not rooted. If I root it? What more should I do? The sound is coming from the local speakers.

oldbarba

Jan 16, 2022
I confirm the sim card is activated but when I want to configure the apn this is what I get. I tried several manipulation with wifi, putting back in factory configuration etc. But I still do not have access...
It’s starting to be a lot of trouble. Already I don’t have a return of the original camera, I don’t have a popup when I use the air conditioning buttons, I had to configure myself the keys of the steering wheel I have no possibilities to have 4G network.
All these problems I did not have on a CC2PLUS with the cruze but the CC3 disappoints me and the engineers do not really answer.
sorry man but that's was "only how to" I know, on my joying device i can add and configure settings for APN even without sim card inside

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-171418.png
    Screenshot_20220119-171418.png
    41 KB · Views: 36

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
Thank you for your quick response, The CC3 is not rooted. If I root it? What more should I do? The sound is coming from the local speakers.
No, don't root it. Rooting will break the tts voice feedback via media channel 4.
But if it isn't rooted, there is another issue.

I don't mean the local speakers in the car.
I mean the setting inside the Nav app: Is it configured for output via bluetooth (sometimes multiple options) or via local speaker, as in local speaker from the phone itself.
Or do you have options in your Nav app to select which audio channel should be used?

JMM44700

Jun 17, 2018
Orvault
No, don't root it. Rooting will break the tts voice feedback via media channel 4.
But if it isn't rooted, there is another issue.

I don't mean the local speakers in the car.
I mean the setting inside the Nav app: Is it configured for output via bluetooth (sometimes multiple options) or via local speaker, as in local speaker from the phone itself.
Or do you have options in your Nav app to select which audio channel should be used?

JMM44700

Jun 17, 2018
Orvault
A Ok, my app is IGO, installed on the CC3. I will test with Sygic, and google maps. Before the January update, I didn't have this problem! Operation is normal with spotif, web radios, music player, DAB+

surfer63

May 4, 2010
Zwolle
github.com
A Ok, my app is IGO, installed on the CC3. I will test with Sygic, and google maps. Before the January update, I didn't have this problem! Operation is normal with spotif, web radios, music player, DAB+
When you ran the update, did you still have iGo afterwards or did you have ot reinstall it?
iGo needs some specific config files that might have been wiped after the upgrade.
Don't aks me for specifics as I don't know iGo.

Bridgerock

Dec 7, 2009
Have you tried reset the unit? I do understand from my workshop some sim cards which requires manual entry of the APN, will need to do a reset (pressing the rst which is located at the top left corner) will solve the issue. Maybe you want to try that?

Slice235

Nov 28, 2021
I have CC3 installed in 2019 Highlander. Finally finished it last weekend. My biggest problem was internal mic. It collected so much interference that I had to install external one that was not included for some reason. As for the gps accuracy there are two modes in the settings. One is for Russians satellites the other for rest of the World. I found out that Google maps works well with either but for example Waze had a problem with Russian mode. For some reason after I fully restart unit it goes back to Russian mode. Just curious if anyone have any experience with making permanent changes in the image file before flashing it?
I am going to install the CC3 in my 2018 Toyota Highlander LTD this week. I purchased the front DVR camera as well. I also bought the Axxess AX-TOYCAM3-6V harness to adapt to my existing back-up camera. Does Teyes include all the other wiring harnesses required for a plug-and-play installation? Specifically is it a straightforward harness connection for the steering wheel controls. If you have any specific information which would assist in my installation it would be appreciated. Thank you Rob S.

borutapl

Jan 4, 2021
I am going to install the CC3 in my 2018 Toyota Highlander LTD this week. I purchased the front DVR camera as well. I also bought the Axxess AX-TOYCAM3-6V harness to adapt to my existing back-up camera. Does Teyes include all the other wiring harnesses required for a plug-and-play installation? Specifically is it a straightforward harness connection for the steering wheel controls. If you have any specific information which would assist in my installation it would be appreciated. Thank you Rob S.
There is one more cable you should get, gps antenna adapter. External microphone can be routed to the OEM location.

Slice235

Nov 28, 2021
There is one more cable you should get, gps antenna adapter. External microphone can be routed to the OEM location.
Thanks Borutapl. I understand you bought your CC3 some time ago. The CC3 package I received included a GPS antenna (see attached pic) which should connect directly to the CC3 HU. Am I missing something? Also did Teyes include the harness to connect to the steering wheel wiring without splicing? Any other advice before I start the installation? Thanks again for responding.

Attachments

• GPS Antenna.jpg
    GPS Antenna.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 28

Slice235

Nov 28, 2021
Thanks Borutapl. I understand you bought your CC3 some time ago. The CC3 package I received included a GPS antenna (see attached pic) which should connect directly to the CC3 HU. Am I missing something? Also did Teyes include the harness to connect to the steering wheel wiring without splicing? Any other advice before I start the installation? Thanks again for responding.
Hi me again. I plan to install the GPS antenna and both WiFi anntena's directly behind the radio under the dash. Is this the location where you installed them as well and is the reception clear and consistent. Also planning to install the external microphone on the left end of the shelf right below the radio. Where did you install your external microphone. Tks

Slice235

Nov 28, 2021
I understand the CC3 unit does not provide AM radio. Is there a software work around to solve this? Yes I could play some AM through IHeart Radio or other similar radio apps but would prefer a straightforward AM interface.

borutapl

Jan 4, 2021
I used this https://www.idatalinkmaestro.com/en/accessory/490/ACC-SAT-TO2 instead of gps antenna they provided. I routed mic to the OEM location. It's not the best solution because OEM mic is amplified and aftermarket one is not. I would suggest you place it on the top of a driver side A pillar or somewhere in the middle roof console. Wifi antenna in A pillar. Never had a need for AM, I always used Spotify or FM. For steering wheel controls you don't need to splice anything. It is done trough canbus so the only thing you have to do is pick right vehicle in the canbus settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
    The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
    There is no need to remove anything or damage the board. Unclip the plastic cover from the rear side of the screen, unclip the ribbon cable from the board and put a small piece of Sellotape over the two end pins on the right of the cable as you look at it. This way you can easily remove the tape if you change your mind. You need good eyes or a magnifying glass!

microphone tracks.jpg
    Hi. earlier you said taht you dont't recommend buying Teyes for people outside Russia and now, that Teyes focuses on European region. What about other countries from Europe other than Russia? I'm from Poland and I own Ford Focus mk 3 (2011-1015)
    I am in France, and my CC3 gives me complete satisfaction on my Ford Focus 2. I do not see what the restrictions would be due to the development by the Russians
    TEYES has released a new flagship, the CC3 with the following specifications.
    UIS7862 (Unisoc ums512) SOC
    8 core 12 nm big.LITTLE with 2 A75 and 6 A55 cores.
    Up to 6 GB memory and 128 GB of storage.
    9 and 10.1 inch 1280 x 720 QLED +2.5D screen.
    Phillips NXP TEF6686 FM radio.
    ST TDA 7851L amplifier.
    3 x USB 2.0 ports.
    Android 10.
    2 DSP ADAU1701 + Rohm32107 27 EQ.
    Optical + Coaxial output.
    External mic. in.
    2.4 and 5 GHz wifi.
    Full hd rear view camera.
    Built in 4G modem.
    Gyroscope.
    Navigation receives GPS,GLONASS and BEIDOU satellites.
    A metal back case with a fan for the SOC.
    Very shallow which is perfect for cars with undeep dashboards.
    Multiple oem panels and canbus adapters available for different car brands and models.

Instructions : https://cc3.teyes.ru/en/index.html

Video's of Teyes Malaysia for settings CC3 in English : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0R6aqLJ7mIoEWfql87jnnw/videos

Factory password : 168
    Developer acces : 7788

Teyes is quite popular in Russia and Malaysia .

Here is a short review of a Russian guy from Sound Life with the unboxing...

https://de.aliexpress.com/store/1980682?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.34e45016mWXdkH

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=Teyes+CC3

Notice that there is also a CC2 plus and a Spro plus, that have more or less the same specifications.
    The Teyes CC2 plus and Spro plus, does not have the extra ADAU1701 DSP and no gyroscope..
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg