Hardware Development TEYES CC3

Search This thread

Gunde

Jul 12, 2007
I just installed the CC3 360 (from teyes.com.au) and I'm having a few issues. Most of them I can fix, I think, but the worst one I can't live without, so I could use some help. I've tried searching through this thread and Google but haven't found anything concrete.

It's regarding steering wheel buttons not working at all. Weird thing is that everything else CAN related works fine; climate control, door status, 360 camera activation, wheel posistion, etc. But steering wheel buttons are dead. I really want at least volume up/down to work.

So what's the recommendation? Try a firmware upgrade (eg. Gordgelin), buy a bunch of different CANBUS decoders? Anything else?

Currently the unit is on 03.10.2022 firmware.

Thanks.
Oh my God. There's a whole separate harness that plugs into the steering wheel plug with one wire going back to the CANbus decoder. I completely overlooked that. Doh!

All works perfectly now.

L22EEW

Mar 13, 2008
Wales
www.facebook.com
Any clue why the parking sensor sonar won't appear on my CC3?
When I put the car in reverse I get a black image with the grid to park like it wants to start up the camera (which I don't have), but no sonar. In the bottom right.

Did you manage to sort this? If so, can you please share which sub menu is the option hidden in? As I have looked but don't immediately see the option.

Many thanks.

aussie2802

Oct 16, 2010
I can only get wireless carplay to work. Wired carplay Carlink 2.0 refuses to recognize my devices. Ive tried two different iphones, several cables. USB will charge, but Carlink refuses to see it. USB port and connection to CC3 are fine as I can put in a USB stick and update firmware and use file manager to transfer files to the unit. Any idea why wired carplay isnt working?
Hi there have you solved the issue with carplay? I got hung up on that but all you need to do is tether your mobile phone to CC3. Easy 5 second job and you get full direct functionality with Apple just like you do on your phone. It's much better then carplay. Try that.

Last edited:

aussie2802

Oct 16, 2010
I have some problem with the RCA sound to my amplifilter. When I not playing anything I can here some poppinng sound, like it´s some kind of interference. Then I remove the rca connection to my amp it disapear. Has the CC3 bad ground maybe?
Old thread but for others ground your CC3 and your Amp at the same place. It's not a CC3 thing but a general audio thing that occurs occasionally. This should fix it.

Gunde

Jul 12, 2007
Also available now at www.teyes.com.

Now that I have it installed and all issues are solved, I'm very happy with the unit. It's a quality product.
Therefore I'm hesitant to update ... what will it break? :)

alfiabraham

Apr 17, 2012
Chennai
POCO M4 Pro 5G
4BAEC910-E056-4BFD-9D56-36B5D4B0C50C.jpeg
I did a factory reset of my Teyes CC3 (32GB + 3GB) yesterday and after there is no space to download any file in the system. Looks like the 32GB internal storage isn't mounted. Please HELP!

Also how to see device storage option.

ahmed123

Jan 14, 2006
I'm hoping someone can advise. I have a Teyes CC3 head unit installed and originally it was working very well. Then all of a sudden one of the days it completely got messed up where it just kept rebooting while i'm using it every few minutes. It made the unit completely unusable. So I spoke to Teyes and they told me to upgrade to new system update 18 July 2022 which apparently solved automatic reboots due to voltage fluctuations. I restored it and updated from USB and then for a good few days worked very well and I drove for over 6 hours on two different days and it worked well. Then all of a sudden i went to start the car one day after parking it few hours before. Usually it's supposed to just wake-up from sleep but i noticed it's rebooting. So I just ignored it as I thought that's odd because a restart should only happen if teyes has been sleeping for few days. The next day the problem of the unit restarting every few minutes returned and was really annoying.

That night I thought of something that was in common about the two times. The last time this problem happened, the day before I had been watching the Teyes Vision App and the following day was when the problems started. This time was same, I watched the Teyes Vision app the day before and problem returned the next day. So I thought i'd remove the teyes vision app from the home screen and i also remembered that I had a USB key plugged in that had some APK's. So I unplugged the USB too. And in factory settings I noticed a USB Error Detection which was on, so i turned that off too. And since then the following day until now the problem has not returned.

So I am a little baffled as the exactly what is wrong with this kit.

Can anyone help or offer any advice please?

Also, worth mentioning I have deelife TPMS app running with the deelife tpms internal sensors. They seem to run fine. In hindsight I should have got the Teyes internal tpms but I already had deelife on my wheels from my previous head unit so changing the internal tpms wasn't really an option. Might consider it when my tyres need changing

Thank you

Last edited:

Gunde

Jul 12, 2007
Can it really be true, that there's no true system-wide dark mode on this unit? Yes, display dims a bit at night, but apps that switch to dark mode automatically with the system, remain white and Google Maps don't even have a dark mode ...

rooy

Dec 20, 2012
Hello im new and i want to buy teyes cc3 ..
anyone know how many Volt preout have the cc3?
THANKS!

lunacies

Jul 14, 2016
I purchased one of these units but have been having issues getting it installed and up and running and waiting on a new harness to come in from Teyes thinking that is the issue.

I was curious though, as I have no experience with Android Auto, is I guess what apps work with this unit? If I am using Android Auto but use Youtube sometimes to play a podcast, but lock the screen and leave the phone in my seat, will that still play through on android auto or does it disable apps like Youtube from working? Would the results be any different using "Youtube Vanced" rather than the official app?

Alternatively, can I install Youtube directly on the head unit and use it while driving (outside of android auto)? Obviously I am not talking about actually watching videos while driving but some podcasts I listen to I typically have always pulled up through youtube in the past.

Also, I also see people posting their home screens on this and I always see spotify featured as the music app. Is Spotify strictly the only app that can be used or put right on the head unit and widgets etc. or if I use something like Deezer, can I replace spotify with that?

rooy

Dec 20, 2012
Anyone here have an oscilloscope to test what volume the sub preout clips at on the CC3? Have one ordered and on the way soon. Not sure I want to order one for a single install, so hoping someone here has one and could test or has already tested?
hello did u test it ? can u share results ?
noone here will answer :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
    The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
    There is no need to remove anything or damage the board. Unclip the plastic cover from the rear side of the screen, unclip the ribbon cable from the board and put a small piece of Sellotape over the two end pins on the right of the cable as you look at it. This way you can easily remove the tape if you change your mind. You need good eyes or a magnifying glass!

microphone tracks.jpg
    Hi. earlier you said taht you dont't recommend buying Teyes for people outside Russia and now, that Teyes focuses on European region. What about other countries from Europe other than Russia? I'm from Poland and I own Ford Focus mk 3 (2011-1015)
    I am in France, and my CC3 gives me complete satisfaction on my Ford Focus 2. I do not see what the restrictions would be due to the development by the Russians
    TEYES has released a new flagship, the CC3 with the following specifications.
    UIS7862 (Unisoc ums512) SOC
    8 core 12 nm big.LITTLE with 2 A75 and 6 A55 cores.
    Up to 6 GB memory and 128 GB of storage.
    9 and 10.1 inch 1280 x 720 QLED +2.5D screen.
    Phillips NXP TEF6686 FM radio.
    ST TDA 7851L amplifier.
    3 x USB 2.0 ports.
    Android 10.
    2 DSP ADAU1701 + Rohm32107 27 EQ.
    Optical + Coaxial output.
    External mic. in.
    2.4 and 5 GHz wifi.
    Full hd rear view camera.
    Built in 4G modem.
    Gyroscope.
    Navigation receives GPS,GLONASS and BEIDOU satellites.
    A metal back case with a fan for the SOC.
    Very shallow which is perfect for cars with undeep dashboards.
    Multiple oem panels and canbus adapters available for different car brands and models.

Instructions : https://cc3.teyes.ru/en/index.html

Video's of Teyes Malaysia for settings CC3 in English : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0R6aqLJ7mIoEWfql87jnnw/videos

Factory password : 168
    Developer acces : 7788

Teyes is quite popular in Russia and Malaysia .

Here is a short review of a Russian guy from Sound Life with the unboxing...

https://de.aliexpress.com/store/1980682?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.34e45016mWXdkH

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=Teyes+CC3

Notice that there is also a CC2 plus and a Spro plus, that have more or less the same specifications.
    The Teyes CC2 plus and Spro plus, does not have the extra ADAU1701 DSP and no gyroscope..
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg