Hardware Development TEYES CC3

Search This thread

Cryzzgrantham

Aug 3, 2022
Hi guys I've had my unit for a while now and just have s few niggles...

Have a cc3 and the touch buttons on the left briefly light up upon boot, I cannot seem to get them to stay on.

I havent worked out how to connect the canbus box to my vehicle, its a transit custom and I understand how its connected head unit side but I'm completely lost with what happens on the other end.

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks

leo06

Dec 28, 2008
Patras
Hi guys I've had my unit for a while now and just have s few niggles...

Have a cc3 and the touch buttons on the left briefly light up upon boot, I cannot seem to get them to stay on.

I havent worked out how to connect the canbus box to my vehicle, its a transit custom and I understand how its connected head unit side but I'm completely lost with what happens on the other end.

Any help is greatly appreciated thanks
The buttons lights up when you turn on your headlights and also the screen will dim. For that to work you must connect the canbus box.

Cryzzgrantham

Aug 3, 2022
The buttons lights up when you turn on your headlights and also the screen will dim. For that to work you must connect the canbus box.
Ah so it roots back to the second problem, I have no clue what connects on the other side. Is there some cable that should be existing in the vehicle or something? I searched everywhere and can't see it.

leo06

Dec 28, 2008
Patras
Ah so it roots back to the second problem, I have no clue what connects on the other side. Is there some cable that should be existing in the vehicle or something? I searched everywhere and can't see it.
Canbus box has only one 16pin connection, that is connecting to the same cable that powers the headunit. After that you have to choose the correct canbus box and your specific car model in the factory settings on your headunit

Scumi

May 31, 2016
Hello everybody. I have had the cc3 for a few months and I always find the problem with the FM radio, the signal is very weak compared to the standard car radio, plus AF and LOC do not work perfectly in the sense that if you feel badly a frequency is not there. changes immediately or does not change it at all, has someone had the same problem as me and solved it? Thank you

Cryzzgrantham

Aug 3, 2022
Yeah I've done all that dude. Is it connecting wirelessly to then vehicle then? I see there is an option to update canbus but to only do it if youre having issues, If it connects wirelessly and I'm not missing a connection on the vehicle side I'll try the update? Honestly I'm clueless, no instructions at all so I'm amazed I've even made it this far.

Cryzzgrantham

Aug 3, 2022
Canbus box has only one 16pin connection, that is connecting to the same cable that powers the headunit. After that you have to choose the correct canbus box and your specific car model in the factory settings on your headunit
Yeah I've done all that dude. Is it connecting wirelessly to then vehicle then? I see there is an option to update canbus but to only do it if youre having issues, If it connects wirelessly and I'm not missing a connection on the vehicle side I'll try the update? Honestly I'm clueless, no instructions at all so I'm amazed I've even made it this far

leo06

Dec 28, 2008
Patras
Yeah I've done all that dude. Is it connecting wirelessly to then vehicle then? I see there is an option to update canbus but to only do it if youre having issues, If it connects wirelessly and I'm not missing a connection on the vehicle side I'll try the update? Honestly I'm clueless, no instructions at all so I'm amazed I've even made it this far
No, doesn’t connect wireless, if you already connected to 16pin it’s connected to the headunit and to car. Did you choose the right box and car model in the headunit settings? Do you have steering wheel buttons? Do steering wheel buttons working?
Do you have any photo with the box and the wiring?

Cryzzgrantham

Aug 3, 2022
No, doesn’t connect wireless, if you already connected to 16pin it’s connected to the headunit and to car. Did you choose the right box and car model in the headunit settings? Do you have steering wheel buttons? Do steering wheel buttons working?
Do you have any photo with the box and the wiring?
Oh I see that makes so much more sense haha. I saw the connector on the other side and assumed it needed a connection head unit side and also vehicle side, completely ignoring head unit side is fed from the vehicle already haha.

Yeah I have the correct one I think, I selected transit custom when I ordered anyway, can only assume this box is correct.

I dont have steering wheel buttons bud, would that be the variable that's missing here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220927-154253_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220927-154253_Photos.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 52

leo06

Dec 28, 2008
Patras
Oh I see that makes so much more sense haha. I saw the connector on the other side and assumed it needed a connection head unit side and also vehicle side, completely ignoring head unit side is fed from the vehicle already haha.

Yeah I have the correct one I think, I selected transit custom when I ordered anyway, can only assume this box is correct.

I dont have steering wheel buttons bud, would that be the variable that's missing here?
Did you go to factory settings and choose the right box? Yours it’s a raise box, you have to choose that and after car manufactor and car model

Cryzzgrantham

Aug 3, 2022
Did you go to factory settings and choose the right box? Yours it’s a raise box, you have to choose that and after car manufactor and car model
What's raise labeled as bud? I recieved literally a piece of paper for the instructions and all it said was to select these options in the photo.

Attachments

• 20220927_155745.jpg
    20220927_155745.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 112

mastrv

Jul 1, 2010
None of the can bus features are working mate. Just says no vehicle information on car info
Please take a picture and post it. If it's the Car Info I'm thinking about, that is for OBDII. If you want to see Car Info with more/any info, you may need an OBDII module...but that's a whole other can of worms.

Canbus is a module used to communicate with various systems in the car. The Canbus module only interacts with systems that are available on your car. If the head unit doesn't need any of the items or your car doesn't provide them, then you won't see them. Is anything not working on your head unit? Typical things that the Canbus module might provide are:

- steering wheel buttons
- rear view camera
- backup camera tracking - lines that turn/bend based on steering wheel angle
- air conditioning/heater controls
- door open/close indicators
- audio/amplifier controls

Also, even if your vehicle has some of these features, they may or may not go through the Canbus. Some, none or all of the features may need the Canbus.

What year is your car? There are usually more features going through Canbus for newer cars. Mine is a Kia Sorento 2012 and while I was provided with a Canbus module, only the sound for the amplifier was going through the Canbus. Unfortunately the Canbus software still didn't work with it and I had to get another module. In any case, even if some of the above features goes through the Canbus, it doesn't mean it will work.

So, is there anything specific you're looking for?

Cryzzgrantham

Aug 3, 2022
Please take a picture and post it. If it's the Car Info I'm thinking about, that is for OBDII. If you want to see Car Info with more/any info, you may need an OBDII module...but that's a whole other can of worms.

Canbus is a module used to communicate with various systems in the car. The Canbus module only interacts with systems that are available on your car. If the head unit doesn't need any of the items or your car doesn't provide them, then you won't see them. Is anything not working on your head unit? Typical things that the Canbus module might provide are:

- steering wheel buttons
- rear view camera
- backup camera tracking - lines that turn/bend based on steering wheel angle
- air conditioning/heater controls
- door open/close indicators
- audio/amplifier controls

Also, even if your vehicle has some of these features, they may or may not go through the Canbus. Some, none or all of the features may need the Canbus.

What year is your car? There are usually more features going through Canbus for newer cars. Mine is a Kia Sorento 2012 and while I was provided with a Canbus module, only the sound for the amplifier was going through the Canbus. Unfortunately the Canbus software still didn't work with it and I had to get another module. In any case, even if some of the above features goes through the Canbus, it doesn't mean it will work.

So, is there anything specific you're looking for?
I've attached the screen it shows bud.

I did actually get mine with OBDII, are you saying that I will need to use that in conjunction with this somehow?

Yeah my head unit isn't working with any systems, camera works but only because I've installed that using the instructions provided with the kit. And tapped in to ACC for power.

I have a 2016 transit custom bud.

Well my main peeve was that the LED on the panel buttons don't work, another guy mentioned they are connected via canbus and when the headlights are on..

But mainly its the reverse lines, it's great having the read camera but I had a reverse camera when it was stock and having the tram lines makes all the difference..

In your case you needed an alternate module, is there anyway I could search for something like that on my vehicle bud?

deadeye920

Apr 30, 2022

I did actually get mine with OBDII, are you saying that I will need to use that in conjunction with this somehow?

Yeah my head unit isn't working with any systems, camera works but only because I've installed that using the instructions provided with the kit. And tapped in to ACC for power.

Well my main peeve was that the LED on the panel buttons don't work, another guy mentioned they are connected via canbus and when the headlights are on..

But mainly its the reverse lines, it's great having the read camera but I had a reverse camera when it was stock and having the tram lines makes all the difference..

In your case you needed an alternate module, is there anyway I could search for something like that on my vehicle bud?
Do you have a factory reverse camera? The button lights will only turn when the screen dims. The screen dims by two options. Either a time setting which will turn them on at a certain time and off at another certain time or via the headlight switch. Most opt for the headlight switch. This dims the screen and turns on the button leds.

What area are you in?

Elmer123456

Feb 1, 2022
Zürich

I come back to your question about the lighting of the symbols on the left. This has little to do with Canbus, it's a setting....
go to Settings - General - Backlight Control -off
and now the backlight works when you turn on the light.
or
Settings - General - Backlight Control - on
now you can adjust the backlight according to the clock, e.g. 1900h - 0600h

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Teyes announced another CC3 update for April 2021, here is the translated changelog.

The following important updates are expected to be released for the CC3 software at the end of April.
    The new version will add the following features:

1.Added Cam REC software. With this application, you can record from a rear view camera. The recording files are saved to a flash card.

2.Added TEYES YAHU, the world's first 3D music player for the automotive industry (due to technical complexity, work may not be completed in April).

3.In the device settings, a function has been added to change the screen brightness depending on the time of sunrise and sunset.

4.The system version has been updated. Fixed the issue of crashing the Google Play app in some areas.

5.Added setting for the sensitivity level of voice commands. If you feel that certain keywords easily trigger voice commands, you can lower the sensitivity level. In addition to Russian and English, a voice control function has been added for 7 countries.

6.Added CAR LINK software which supports Android Auto via wired connection and Car Play via wired and wireless connection. Please note that CARPLAY only supports this feature on CC3 devices released in 2021. Android Auto has no limits. For CARPLAY wired connection, you must use the original iPhone USB cable. When using CARPLAY wirelessly, make sure the mobile phone is connected via Bluetooth.

7.Updated EQ software and added a phase switch. The volume and sound effects of the subwoofer change according to the volume of the head unit.

8.Added a new layout for the main screen, as well as automatic switching between day and night modes. From the home screen, you can directly speed dial, view driving data, compass and GPS information. The 4 main music players can be switched with one key. Redesigned and increased image size when viewed in picture-in-picture mode.

9Optimized software for making Bluetooth phone calls. Added a choice of avatars in favorite contacts. Opened data synchronization with the main interface.

10.Added TEYES RADIO and private internet station. Musical compositions can be downloaded and shared through the site mp3.teyes.ru

11.Steering Wheel Key Customization Tutorial has been added for multiple languages.

12.Added automatic OTA update function. In the future, we will provide 2 update methods: manual download update and automatic update.

13.Added multi-finger touch control function. To find out how to use this feature, please see the personal settings section.

14.Added the ability to slide the application menu to the right side of the screen. Swiping from below returns to the previous level. The function is supported no matter which interface you are in!
    There is no need to remove anything or damage the board. Unclip the plastic cover from the rear side of the screen, unclip the ribbon cable from the board and put a small piece of Sellotape over the two end pins on the right of the cable as you look at it. This way you can easily remove the tape if you change your mind. You need good eyes or a magnifying glass!

microphone tracks.jpg
    Hi. earlier you said taht you dont't recommend buying Teyes for people outside Russia and now, that Teyes focuses on European region. What about other countries from Europe other than Russia? I'm from Poland and I own Ford Focus mk 3 (2011-1015)
    I am in France, and my CC3 gives me complete satisfaction on my Ford Focus 2. I do not see what the restrictions would be due to the development by the Russians
    TEYES has released a new flagship, the CC3 with the following specifications.
    UIS7862 (Unisoc ums512) SOC
    8 core 12 nm big.LITTLE with 2 A75 and 6 A55 cores.
    Up to 6 GB memory and 128 GB of storage.
    9 and 10.1 inch 1280 x 720 QLED +2.5D screen.
    Phillips NXP TEF6686 FM radio.
    ST TDA 7851L amplifier.
    3 x USB 2.0 ports.
    Android 10.
    2 DSP ADAU1701 + Rohm32107 27 EQ.
    Optical + Coaxial output.
    External mic. in.
    2.4 and 5 GHz wifi.
    Full hd rear view camera.
    Built in 4G modem.
    Gyroscope.
    Navigation receives GPS,GLONASS and BEIDOU satellites.
    A metal back case with a fan for the SOC.
    Very shallow which is perfect for cars with undeep dashboards.
    Multiple oem panels and canbus adapters available for different car brands and models.

Instructions : https://cc3.teyes.ru/en/index.html

Video's of Teyes Malaysia for settings CC3 in English : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0R6aqLJ7mIoEWfql87jnnw/videos

Factory password : 168
    Developer acces : 7788

Teyes is quite popular in Russia and Malaysia .

Here is a short review of a Russian guy from Sound Life with the unboxing...

https://de.aliexpress.com/store/1980682?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.34e45016mWXdkH

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=Teyes+CC3

Notice that there is also a CC2 plus and a Spro plus, that have more or less the same specifications.
    The Teyes CC2 plus and Spro plus, does not have the extra ADAU1701 DSP and no gyroscope..
    Upcomming CC3 update screenshots:

cc3_may2021_1.jpg

cc3_may2021_2.jpg