• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

TF201 stuck on CWM bootloops and wont mount

Search This thread

klutch

Jul 18, 2007
Bronx,Ny
its been weeks trying to figure why is still doing this, the problem is since the last time i updated CM9 it stared bootloop and then when i was to mount the tablet the computer didnt connect so what i did was i downloaded the universal Naked drivers twice and still no connect i am trying to update the CWM but i cant since it wont mount is there a way i can fix this? i would love to bring it back running need help !!!! :(:(:(

lil-devil

Jun 30, 2010
Markham
www.curiositytotheoven.ca
its been weeks trying to figure why is still doing this, the problem is since the last time i updated CM9 it stared bootloop and then when i was to mount the tablet the computer didnt connect so what i did was i downloaded the universal Naked drivers twice and still no connect i am trying to update the CWM but i cant since it wont mount is there a way i can fix this? i would love to bring it back running need help !!!! :(:(:(

i think you're going to need to use adb to push the rom files into your SD card
i believe the naked drivers are for adb

this is the command you're gonna need to use to push the files into your prime
Code:
adb push [insert rom here minus the bracket] /mnt/sdcard/

hope this helps~

klutch

Jul 18, 2007
Bronx,Ny
i mean i know about the adb push but the problem is since that cause me some issues the CM9 nightlys it wont mount no mater wat i do wont mount

smrtnik

Oct 18, 2010
Graz
I deleted the external_sd folder with ES_fileexplorer, after that no app could recognize my usb_storrage.

Then I wanted to flash my galaxy note with Cyanogen again, but now CWM cant find the usb_storrage too.

I am also stuck @ CWM now :/

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

I deleted the external_sd folder with ES_fileexplorer, after that no app could recognize my usb_storrage.

Then I wanted to flash my galaxy note with Cyanogen again, but now CWM cant find the usb_storrage too.

I am also stuck @ CWM now :/

Hmm seems like I formated my sd_card via CWM and CWM coldunt find any files ofc...now it works again. But unluckly it still can not find external_sd

Last edited:

broad_st_bully

Aug 25, 2011
Philadelphia
www.illadelink.com

bro I was running the same CM9 and it screwed my Prime up like yours...CWM bootloop only...
my Prime was also not showing up when attached to the usb/computer...

after reading a bunch of very vague instructions and going through 5 or 6 different methods of trying to get it back I finally gave the following method a shot and it worked the first time (from the dev DiamondBack's thread)---

Code:
To recover your Prime (most likely) you need the following:
A working ADB setup (please google that if you don't have it, "tutorial setup adb" or something like that should do the trick)
The USB-Cable to connect the Prime to your PC
A few minutes time

Now do the following:
Make sure your Prime is in Recovery mode (CWM)

[CODE]Open a cmd line on your pc

Type: "adb shell"

You should see a "#" now

Once you have that "#", please type: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 bs=100 count=1 and press [Enter]

Now type: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=16 count=1 and press [Enter]

Exit the shell and reboot your Prime via CWM

It should not reboot to CWM automatically now. It either boots your ROM or is stuck at the splash screen. If it is stuck, boot to recovery and install any ROM you want.
[/CODE]

this guy saved my panicked ass....thought my Prime was done...but these instructions brought it back...

klutch

Jul 18, 2007
Bronx,Ny
well @ least u got urs running but i am still stuck wondering why i cant mount and the drivers are downloaded right i still dont get it i tried so many things and i went to W-XP and no luck @ all no i am scared that its bricked or something n spend 500 on a tablet n now wont work

Last edited:

jackmei2

Oct 6, 2010
I'm having the exact same issue, tried out CM9 and it now bootloops my prime into cwm. windows can't see the prime either when I connect it, so adb doesn't work, so when I type "adb shell" it comes back with "error: device not found"

before this, I was having issues with my tfp being recognized by windows. this is on 2 diff desktops (win7 and xp) and my laptop which is win7.

jackmei2

Oct 6, 2010
have you tried contacting Asus regarding this issue? I think I might try and RMA the unit and complain that it won't connect to the PC or charge directly from the wall plug.

klutch

Jul 18, 2007
Bronx,Ny
i mean if not mistaking theres no point contacting Asus when is hacked and bootloader unlocked its out of warrenty

truthlesshero

Apr 28, 2010
yeah..it warns you like two or three times that unlocking the bootloader voids the warranty...

i know one of you has...but has everyone tried the method posted on the first page that saved the other guy?

when you're bootlooping, if you hold down the volume and power button for 5-10 seconds to get to recovery, does it automatically bootloop or does the text appear and give you the option to press volume up?
i was bootlooping and holding vol down and power for a long period of time, then manually going into recovery worked...
or does everything bootloop?..meaning can't even get into the rom itself
i'm asking because you mention cwm bootloop... if you try to force recovery by the above mentioned method (holding vol down and power during the bootloops until you get the option to go into recovery...) then just not hit anything and let it try to boot normally...

i know i'm not giving breakthrough advice, but hopefully some of this will help..

jackmei2

Oct 6, 2010
I thought I've seen a few posts where people have sent their TFP in for service even after they've unlocked it... it can't hurt to call and see what they say.

when I turn on my TFP it automatically finds CWM and boots right into it without me being able to press up to confirm. I think CM9 did this when I tried to boot directly from CM9 into recovery. so actually, I'm not bootlooping, I can get into CWM, but I can't do much else from there, not even turn off my TFP... I always have to wait for it to run out of power before it shuts off.

klutch

Jul 18, 2007
Bronx,Ny
nono not that way bro i mean it ok ... u turn it on it comes the asus screen after that it go to CWM and if i reboot it does the same thing so basicly its no moving from asus just back to CWM and like i said its not mounting dont know why i tried XP and W7 n nothing intalled driver n nothing

jackmei2

Oct 6, 2010
I called Asus, and you can send in your unlocked TFP for repair... but they won't say how much it would cost, even if it is a hardware issue, they will still charge you. freaking lame...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so wat u trying to say that CM9 nitelys did the unknown issue?:confused: