TF3D (Read the ALL of the 4 posts)

How do you like TouchFLO 3D?

• Total voters
Search This thread

kaiserII101

Jun 29, 2008
Groningen
Unless your stock ROM has all the latest drivers then yes you need -G-'s DK.9.Final:)
you may have the question that 'why did Manilla 2D work then?' its because Manilla is strictly 2D hence the name :D whilst TF3D is 3D and requires drivers to make it run. Htcclassaction.org is riled up about this fact since HTC doesnt include these drivers in their ROMs and they are actually going to prepare for a lawsuit if the petition is not granted
drivers-not-included-small.png

Last edited:

pandit1975

Jun 18, 2008
Omaha
Yes, I understand about the pop ups for the notifications. What about incoming calls? If i can't see who is calling me; i can't ignore/answer.:confused:
BTW- i installed Jade PhoneCanvas which actually showed me the options to Slide to Answer/Ignore screen without a problem but all the status icon's on G-ROM got messed up. Battery icon changed to charging status even though the phone was not charging; signal strength changed to plain white which i did not like :eek:

Last edited:

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer -
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
OI'm afraid I dont know who's TF3D im using but if anyone recognizes it here is a screenshot.

You are using HTC-CA's TF3D-QVGA CAB. It was me and 'Shrike who modded the exe, ported the graphics, made the OpenGL wrapper/coordinate modifiers, heavily optimized the whole thing and made it a nice CAB. The Polaris3D Team did the bulk of the initial testing en djboo got the whole effort going.

So good job on crediting all the people who did very little and none of the people who did a lot ;)

Edit: Oh and don't forget Laurentius who offered us great help in testing it in cooked ROMs and has offered his skills to help us finish the 2D drivers which are needed to ultimately fix the 3D drivers.

The HTC-CA teams also CAB'd up the language support, btw, so...

Last edited:

kaiserII101

Jun 29, 2008
Groningen
You are using HTC-CA's TF3D-QVGA CAB. It was me and 'Shrike who modded the exe, ported the graphics, made the OpenGL wrapper/coordinate modifiers, heavily optimized the whole thing and made it a nice CAB. The Polaris3D Team did the bulk of the initial testing en djboo got the whole effort going.

So good job on crediting all the people who did very little and none of the people who did a lot ;)

Edit: Oh and don't forget Laurentius who offered us great help in testing it in cooked ROMs and has offered his skills to help us finish the 2D drivers which are needed to ultimately fix the 3D drivers.

The HTC-CA teams also CAB'd up the language support, btw, so...

Yep i was about to change that because I had just figured it out lol sorry about that:eek:

Oct 15, 2007
Omaha
Thank you for posting Chainfire, I followed the old thread about the progress of your work on this ad since it got closed because of being riddled with stupid questions I was wondering if any of the newer roms with 3D were updated versions of it.......no one ever posted in thier roms what version of 3d it was....some said "improved version" whatever that means......good to have confirmation that its the same old one to save me time installing a buncha roms just to discover its the same 3d thats been around for a while now. I kinda assumed though that laurentius (sp?) would be on top f that though and be the first to post a rom with a newer version......btw.....any updates on your 3d? as i recall from that thread you guys had kinda hit a brick wall stopping point on development......anyways thaks for your development.
/waits hopefully and patiently for updates.

Aug 13, 2008
Well here in America I'm not having this issue is anyone else?

Yes, I am having the same issue. This is the only reason I switched back to M2D. Mine would ring once, then lockup and I couldn't answer the call. I would have to restart. I am using PDAcorner Ultimate V14 with 1.65.21.18 radio on a tilt in Oklahoma, USA

kaiserII101

Jun 29, 2008
Groningen
Yes, I am having the same issue. This is the only reason I switched back to M2D. Mine would ring once, then lockup and I couldn't answer the call. I would have to restart. I am using PDAcorner Ultimate V14 with 1.65.21.18 radio on a tilt in Oklahoma, USA
Use Advanced Config and go to the Phone branch. Look for the options Phone sleep durig call and Fast sleep during call disable both of them

adck9d

Sep 30, 2008
STL
i have downloaded and installed all of the cabs that were layed out in the first post but after i do everything and soft reset it comes up as saying "tap here to start TF3d" and never opens but keeps saying launching and then reverting back to "tap here to start"

any help??:confused:

stuzor

Dec 31, 2008
i have downloaded and installed all of the cabs that were layed out in the first post but after i do everything and soft reset it comes up as saying "tap here to start TF3d" and never opens but keeps saying launching and then reverting back to "tap here to start"

any help??:confused:

I was having the same problem. Are you using the garmin cooked rom? I wasn't and after upgrading my phone to that everything worked great.

stuzor

Dec 31, 2008
Kaiser, I am not sure if I am having a problem or if this is the way it is. I installed everything on top of garmin's v.9 rom and everything works well except landscape mode form the today screen, it switches to the manilla 2d interface i believe and doesn't even go horizontal. Is it supposed to be like this? I followed the readme in the Manila3D Landscape folder, was that the right way to get the 3d touchflo in landscape?

Everything else runs great, a coworker changed a setting for me that seemed to help. Under the advanced configuration, under performance he changed the glyph cache to 32kb which seems to have given a performance boost. I just bought my att tilt and would like to say thanks to everyone out there for actually getting some decent software on this phone.

kaiserII101

Jun 29, 2008
Groningen
Yes the readme was the correct way BUT
Cal-El said:
The key with the landscape is you need to copy paste toggle manila.exe into your windows file from program files and leave secondToday running in the background!

Last edited:

kaiserII101

Jun 29, 2008
Groningen
as for the glyph cache thanks for that bit of info;) hadnt even messed with that lol and i think there is a significant improvement of smoothness in the pages of the clock turning and overall speed of TF3D improved