Thank you DZO (Martin) for all your hard work

Search This thread

djkoa

Aug 31, 2007
Porto
koamix.hi5.com
Thank u!

Can't get tired of saying: u are the man :) Thank u, thank u, thank u.
PS - ur new haret & initrd already works with new kernel....again...u :)
Hugs

bernabap

Jul 25, 2009
:rolleyes: I wish I had a operating system teacher like you DZO!!

When my college teacher talks about Android I want to leave the room...

Confirmation number: 1FP4061776099253P ($10)

bedoig

Aug 5, 2006
I've never owned a Vogue, but I have donated in the past.

We've all benefited from the work you started. Thanks!

deacfire

May 25, 2009
St. John's, NL
Thans DZO. You made my vogue worth using! Thanks to you I was able to get as much use out of it as i could. Unfortunately it has reached the end of its life! But thanks again!

rloyd

Nov 13, 2006
Just dropped in!

Martin,

Thanks again for your many contributions to the
Vogue community.

$10US Confirmation number: 8U2977347P274361C

-Rob

signupstuffid

Oct 16, 2010
Verizon via Pix Wireless MVNO
Thanks immensely, you saved me from having to upgrade phones at a time when I had no cash to do so.
I also appreciate the tons of time you must have put into testing, and recompiling.:cool:

Hopefully, what you learned helps you make money in the future!

zenulator

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 12, 2009
Just broke out my old vogue to use it for a dedicated car mp3 player!! Brought back a lot of memories :)

dzo

Senior Recognized Developer
Apr 3, 2008
Auckland
I still use mine sometimes, it's useful for testing if an app will work on qvga devices, there are quite a few of these now.

I also put osmand on it to use as a gps when travelling.

Reactions: br125

rkonert

Mar 24, 2009
Thorold
Just broke mine out again, my wife had it as an emergency phone becauee I didn't want to get rid of the unlimited data plan. I stole the phone back once I realized how much fun I could have. It's awesome to have an Xperia X10 running the same OS as my old Vogue!!!

More on topic, we almost lost our best dev for the X10, but managed to raise enough money so he could keep his phone, luckily it wasn't a problem like Martins.

Thanks for everything, I may not have followed all of the development, but I am definitely benefiting now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For anyone who doesn't know. DZO is the reason we have android on the vogue period.. End of sentance.

Yeah there's been others of us who have ported builds and so on, but the simple truth of the matter is it wouldn't have happened without Martin.
    He's an amazingly generous person who's helped all of us extend our vogues way longer than we ever would have. He's poured countless hours of developing and debugging into this project, because of him we had a functional froyo build before most other phones were even thinking about getting official builds.
    For those of you who don't know DZO will be moving on from vogue developement soon as his provider is discontinuing the baseband that the vogue used.

I propose we all show Martin our thanks and appreciation for everything he's done for us.

I've just donated 4.55USD. (confirmation 44522221AF351025K) I know its not much, but it's all I have in my paypal and can afford right now. I propose we all give just a little, show our appreciation and send Martin off the way he deserves! Post here whatever you donate, even if it's just a dollar, its about showing our appreciation.

Thanks again Martin! You are what every project needs!
    And if NZ has milestones, I hope you get one :) I'd love to continue to work with you.
    For anyone who doesn't know. DZO is the reason we have android on the vogue period.. End of sentance.

Yeah there's been others of us who have ported builds and so on, but the simple truth of the matter is it wouldn't have happened without Martin.
    He's an amazingly generous person who's helped all of us extend our vogues way longer than we ever would have. He's poured countless hours of developing and debugging into this project, because of him we had a functional froyo build before most other phones were even thinking about getting official builds.
    For those of you who don't know DZO will be moving on from vogue developement soon as his provider is discontinuing the baseband that the vogue used.

I propose we all show Martin our thanks and appreciation for everything he's done for us.

I've just donated 4.55USD. (confirmation 44522221AF351025K) I know its not much, but it's all I have in my paypal and can afford right now. I propose we all give just a little, show our appreciation and send Martin off the way he deserves! Post here whatever you donate, even if it's just a dollar, its about showing our appreciation.

Thanks again Martin! You are what every project needs!
    And if NZ has milestones, I hope you get one :) I'd love to continue to work with you.

your exactly right mssmison, thanks DZO for everything

just donated 10.00USD -- 7V508205X93814816

I hope that helps, and thanks again for all your work with vogue-android

here is the link to his paypal https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=M%2eJ%2eJohnson%40massey%2eac%2enz&lc=GB&item_name=Vogue%20Android%20Donation&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted
    your exactly right mssmison, thanks DZO for everything

just donated 10.00USD -- 7V508205X93814816

I hope that helps, and thanks again for all your work with vogue-android

here is the link to his paypal https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=M%2eJ%2eJohnson%40massey%2eac%2enz&lc=GB&item_name=Vogue%20Android%20Donation&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donate_SM%2egif%3aNonHosted

I Agree 100%. DZO Is The Man. Most People dont realize what he has accomplished. This forum Woudnt even Exist without him. I will donate $20.00 In the next couple days when i get paid.

I would also advise that any further donations to me from this forum should go to him instead. I will donate anything I receive to him If it still comes to me. Thanks DZO For everything man.
    Thank you dzo for everything you've done for this community. I've had so much fun being apart of it. You are truly an inspiration to me and countless others. You are the main reason I've never taken a donation from this project. Because if there is anyone that deserves it then its you. You are the reason I still keep my vogue. I showed my seven year old son the video and slides you did documenting this great accomplishment and hopefully inspired a future developer. I am truly grateful for all that you have givin us. I pledge $20 u.s. dollars to help pay for your next phone. Good luck my friend I wouldn't be doing what I love if it wasn't for you.
    Wow, I'm amazed, I woke up this morning to a dozen donations and all these fantastic messages. Thank you all so much, without the people on here I would have given up long ago.

It's true I've spent a lot of time working on this project, but it's been well worth it. As part of my job I teach operating systems and now I feel I can stand up and tell people I do know how a real OS works instead of just having read the books!

As for my next phone, I have bought a Desire (simply because I got it fairly cheaply) It's a nice device but I don't think I'm going to do any development work on it because it already works fine.

I'll keep working on my Vogue at least until the new kernel is stable. I really want to find out why Froyo seems to just crash and not recover sometimes.

Again, thanks to everybody who's worked on this, without people finding bugs, testing unstable kernels, asking for new features, and fixing the things I don't use we wouldn't have got anywhere.