That 960 fps slow-mo is fake af

Search This thread

sabbyj

Sep 5, 2013
New Delhi
Moto Edge 30 Pro
POCO F1 is doing interpolated slow-mo. It's not 960 fps as advertised, but they are using software algorithms (like Twixtor plugin from adobe after effects). The POCO fans are going to hate this. But that is not 960 fps slow-mo. You can tell by the ghosting around the mving objects/parts in the slow-mo part of the video. (look at the sparkles in the first example). (video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPbqYsDdqiQ
Anyone with basic editing skills can tell you that. The contents creators on youtube are paid NOT to tell you that. Sadly, they oblige.

sabbyj

Sep 5, 2013
New Delhi
Moto Edge 30 Pro
That doesn't make it any less fun to play with.

I think most of us know it's interpolated slowmo, but it works.

To have a real 1000fps slow motion camera in our phone would have jacked the price up by a substantial amount.
Sure, but doesn't it bug you that the company promoted a feature, and made a big fuss about it only for it to turn out to be a false promise?
What bugs me even more, are the so called youtube tech-channels who are actively misleading people. The video I quoted in my post, actually said Poco's slow-mo is better than Note 9's.

sabbyj

Sep 5, 2013
New Delhi
Moto Edge 30 Pro
Yeah I'll stick to oneplus when the 855s drop

And avoid the flagship of compromises =)

Yeah, hopefully they don't keep increasing the prices and learn from Apple's mistake.
Because OnePlus is pretty damn far from what it started out to be. It's not a flagship killer anymore, it's a flagship. It has already snuck into LG pricing territory (without the 'down-the-road' price cuts, of course).

I have a OnePlus 6, which I bought for more than 11k compared to what I paid for the OnePlus 3 when I bought it.

dantedakilla

Aug 8, 2013
Sure, but doesn't it bug you that the company promoted a feature, and made a big fuss about it only for it to turn out to be a false promise?
What bugs me even more, are the so called youtube tech-channels who are actively misleading people. The video I quoted in my post, actually said Poco's slow-mo is better than Note 9's.

Doesn't really bug me, TBH. I think it's because I knew from the beginning that their 960 FPS slow motion was gonna be an AI-interpolation thing, so I didn't really have high expectations, just lots of curiosity.

Jan 11, 2012
Most of the big tech companies does that (lying)all the time including Samsung and Apple (sapphire camera) and Huawei ( false benchmarks). Xiaomi is just getting into the game.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

sabbyj

Sep 5, 2013
New Delhi
Moto Edge 30 Pro
Most of the big tech companies does that (lying)all the time including Samsung and Apple (sapphire camera) and Huawei ( false benchmarks). Xiaomi is just getting into the game.

Just because others are doing something like that doesn't mean everyone else gets an excuse to do the same

If someone steals something from you and gets away with it. Then a month later some other thief steals from you and gets away with it, will you be like " that's okay, even the first one did it and got away with it." ?

Reactions: andrerodrigues86
Jan 11, 2012
I'm not saying it's okay to do that and get away with it ; I'm just saying it is not something new.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That doesn't make it any less fun to play with.

I think most of us know it's interpolated slowmo, but it works.

To have a real 1000fps slow motion camera in our phone would have jacked the price up by a substantial amount.
    Yeah whatever. We already know that already. It's normal since Poco doesn't have dedicated camera DRAM to do real slow-mo unlike high tier phones.
    240 fps slow-mo of GCAM is better than 960fps stock cam of poco f1..sad to say but true

To be fair, GCAM is better than any camera app on any other smartphone for every other smartphone.

Just because others are doing something like that doesn't mean everyone else gets an excuse to do the same

If someone steals something from you and gets away with it. Then a month later some other thief steals from you and gets away with it, will you be like " that's okay, even the first one did it and got away with it." ?