• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[THE]24-02-2009 The New Landscape (Final Version)

Search This thread

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
So I have finally wrapped this up to a point where this project can be shared in all decency. I started this project with the Verizon theme from Archy. His Verizon Xen theme included a slightly modified version of this landscape theme.

It has been a B**** separating the landscape theme from the rest and I never would have succeeded if it weren't for the m9editor. It is still not completely bugfree (hence beta) and if anybody knows can help finishing this up then chefs and skinners will have a nice new landscape interface to integrate into their favorite devices.

Bugs/Impurities so far include:

- Weather will not be updated anymore (it freezes saying last update: -%d min ago) (fixed)
- VZAppzone has no functionality (fixed)
- IDS_LAUNCHBROWSER message (fixed)
- call history tab added (fixed)
- Background on all tabs not yet working (fixed)
- contacts tab empty (fixed)
- phone softkey non responsive in landscape mode. (never broken only because of yota contacts I think)
- when checking a mail, the mail closes for no apparent reason (still not clear if this it due to this app)
- in landscape mode the new application and the browser buttons will adopt the icon of the previously selected tab (fixed, thanks to probex)

So I guess a screenshot is appropriate:

I started off with a fairly neutral version off this theme, so that it will fit in with the unskinned HTC TF3D theme, but when this this theme is finalized others will come:)

We have come to be at beta 6 already, with a lot of help from Herg62123 and ITNV and most of the bugs are gone (if you find any more please report). But before I post a final I would like to try to change a couple of small things. I do think it would be nice to create a link to a winmo appstore, maybe Gecko (anybody else liking this?)

Change log:

- Beta 7: should work on any device, but it does change the portrait background to gray.
- Beta 8: fixes the wallpaper bug but only on the homescreen so far
- Beta 9: displays your old raphael background instead of the gray one.
- Beta 10: now fixes the landscape on all pages problem, but an old friend mister missing internet tab has made a reappearance. I stopped putting everyone who helped sorting out these files in the cab name, that was getting out of hand:). I also have incorporated the Gecko Appstore in this release.
- Beta 11: Fixes the internet tab not being shown (thanks Showaco) and the link to the Gecko Appstore is now actually called Gecko (thanks ITNV). This is almost the final release, just a few minor changes and its up. It does however mess up my contacts cab (I use ROMeOS latest) but this has not been corroborated by others.
- Beta 11 (no background in all tabs) is exactly as beta 11 the same except for....
- Thanks to Dharvey the beta 11 is now also CFC and he uploaded beta 11 to another file host, check this post
- Beta 14.3: has a couple of under the hood changes (got rid of the VZapp.lnk) and mostly a restyled look (with a funny slider coding mishap somewhere) to resemble the original TF3D look a bit better. If anyone knows wherein the slider problem lies be sure to tell cause I haven't got the foggiest. Enjoy!

OK, Let me first and once more give a big thanks to Showaco, whoe helped a lot putting the final pieces back together. It now has a real nice "Original HTC" feeling. Make sure (don't know how how yet, think it has to do with regional settings) to set the clock to show time like xx-xx and not like x-xx,
because if not the time will not show on top of the image. As for HD landscape, I think with the new TP2 manila coming you have nothing to worry about, will still try but this a little beyond my skill level. Any way hope you like and it's been fun, 12

- Final -

- Final CFC -

attachment.php
attachment.php

Well, well Here's the first landscape theme and the files one has to skin if he wants to make his own landscape theme or if you would like to cook it into a ROM, have fun now. The Landscape buuf
theme:

attachment.php
attachment.php

- Buuf Landscape -

- Buuf Landscape CFC -

Big Thanks to those who helped out with this project: Herg62123, ITNV, Showaco, 6Fg8, NisseDILLIGAF

Attachments

• Home.png
    Home.png
    187.5 KB · Views: 18,343
  • Browser.png
    Browser.png
    188.9 KB · Views: 18,234
Last edited:

wyzmen

Will this work on ANY version of the Touch Pro? I don't have a verizon touch pro... i got mine straight from the HTC factory, before it hit any retailer. All other apps/tweaks seem to work just fine, but I noticed u mentioned a bug about not being able to use the VZPhone app, or something like that, so it got me wondering. Is this proprietary software for the verizon rom?

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
Will this work on ANY version of the Touch Pro? I don't have a verizon touch pro... i got mine straight from the HTC factory, before it hit any retailer. All other apps/tweaks seem to work just fine, but I noticed u mentioned a bug about not being able to use the VZPhone app, or something like that, so it got me wondering. Is this proprietary software for the verizon rom?

No, It was just created with the intention to be used with that app, since most of don't have it will be an empty link. I have an unbranded Touch pro as well, you can safely install it, and I will remap the shortcut later, 12

herg62123

Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2007
Everywhere a htc phone is located
It's the police hand font or something.

I attached images of the problems I'm facing, most notably the weather update error

on the weather can't be displayed in landscape.......no fix......that is limitations of tf3d in landscape. only six selectable tabs.

as of weather not updating and vzwapp in landscape.....i am looking through my fixes from my landscaspe tf3d and will post soon.

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
on the weather can't be displayed in landscape.......no fix......that is limitations of tf3d in landscape. only six selectable tabs.

as of weather not updating and vzwapp in landscape.....i am looking through my fixes from my landscaspe tf3d and will post soon.

:) no I am not disturbed by not not having the weather in landscape mode just the message saying so. I read through your thread, do you now where the VZApp.lnk is coded into the manila, I'd rather change the link than the name of the shortcut. Like I said before you rock broheem, 12

Btw Herg would you also happen to have a fix for IDS_LAUNCHBROWSER showing under internet globe in that box of fixes of yours? Thanks a million

Last edited:

herg62123

Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2007
:) no I am not disturbed by not not having the weather in landscape mode just the message saying so. I read through your thread, do you now where the VZApp.lnk is coded into the manila, I'd rather change the link than the name of the shortcut. Like I said before you rock broheem, 12

i just found my file and this is the file you want for vzapp.lnk

posted below for ya 12

Attachments

• 5a19374f_manila.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 24

herg62123

Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2007
try this cab 12

these files are only the files you have in your cab but these are cut from my v7b1 cab file.

it has my vzapp.lnk and manila (thanks to itnv and btprices great help) file in it.

right now vzapp.lnk points to notes.....if you want to change it copy any .lnk file (ie - youtube.lnk) out of windows and move it to another file other than windows. once in that folder rename that .lnk file to VZapp.lnk. then copy the new VZapp.lnk into windows (if asks to overwrite say yes). and you are now done.

WARNING IT WILL MESS UP YOUR TF3D

LINK REMOVED DUE TO LAUNCH ERRORS

Last edited:

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
try this cab 12

it has my vzapp.lnk and manila (thanks to itnv and btprices great help) file in it.

right now vzapp.lnk points to notes.....if you want to change it copy any .lnk file (ie - youtube.lnk) out of windows and move it to another file other than windows. once in that folder rename that .lnk file to VZapp.lnk. then copy the new VZapp.lnk into windows (if asks to overwrite say yes). and you are now done.

Nice! I thought it would be nice if the My App linked to the programs menu, but I have to brainstorm a bit on that one. I'll go and see what's changed, 12

herg62123

Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2007
Nice! I thought it would be nice if the My App linked to the programs menu, but I have to brainstorm a bit on that one. I'll go and see what's changed, 12

i am sure it can but believe it or not i am still learning. i think of myself as a second degree noob.

noob - knows how to use basic stuff

noob first degree - tweaks and minor mods made by others

noob second degree - tweaks and mods made by others and learns the ways to make tweaks and mods him or herself

Last edited:

12aon

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 24, 2008
i am sure it can but believe it or not i am still learning. i think of myself as a second degree noob.

noob - knows how to use basic stuff

noob first degree - tweaks and minor mods made by others

noob second degree - tweaks and mods made by others and learns the ways to make tweaks and mods him or herself

:D, I hear you, I'm know my way around the device but don't seem to know anything compared to some of the guys and girls around here. TF3D keeps restarting after I install, I think where still missing something here. 16948339_manila is identical to mine, any thoughts?

herg62123

Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2007
:D, I hear you, I'm know my way around the device but don't seem to know anything compared to some of the guys and girls around here. TF3D keeps restarting after I install, I think where still missing something here. 16948339_manila is identical to mine, any thoughts?

look at post above about launch error.....looking at your files and mine to see what went wrong.

in the mean time i am removing beta 2 since it has issues.

ok i know the fix is in my v7b1 cab

have you downloaded it yet?

Last edited: