• IMG_20220203_224558.jpg
    IMG_20220203_224558.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20220203_224640.jpg
    IMG_20220203_224640.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 128

hwk2014

Apr 4, 2022
Since Makita isn't offering separate boxes for P-83652 and it's also quite expensive to buy more than one, I've just designed and printed my own boxes to replace the blue and the large orange one with smaller ones to store more 🙂
Before
View attachment 5504405
After
View attachment 5504407

View attachment 5504409

View attachment 5504411

Okay that is really cool! I know it's simple and they're cheap but it's so much fun to be able to make everything.
Kudos man.

pardinha

Oct 9, 2010
Aveiro
Hay guys, I make 3d printed colectibles, Here's one:

Attachments

• IMG_20200926_121944.jpg
    IMG_20200926_121944.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20200926_121957.jpg
    IMG_20200926_121957.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20200926_122020.jpg
    IMG_20200926_122020.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20200926_122026.jpg
    IMG_20200926_122026.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 77

guy_432

Feb 28, 2023
How did you make it "waterproof"? I haven't dipped my toes into the 3d printing, and I am wondering if you simply print something like this, it will leak water, correct? Unless, you do some after-printing work like coating of some sort?

Thank you

Watering Can

I printed this small watering can for my wife's library/styudy room, for watering the plants she has in there. It's a perfect size. Something I'm very happy with!

0LdPW5Yh.jpg

dtAHJLdh.jpg

y filament spools. I keep my rolls of filament in a drybox. It's a pain having to feed the filament back in when changing colurs. So this winds the filament back onto the roll. It's designed so that it will wind up the internal springs until they are tight. But if you keep using/feeding filament past that point, it just slips, like a clutch type mechanism, so that it doesn't overwind. It's a genious design, and I'm really happy with how they came out. It took a bit of tweaking to be able to print the springs cleanly. But having done that, my printer is now working better than ever!

Reactions: woodman

strongst

Senior Moderator - Developer Committee
Staff member
Sep 18, 2007
thank's
HTC Desire
HTC Raphael: Touch Pro, Fuze
How did you make it "waterproof"? I haven't dipped my toes into the 3d printing, and I am wondering if you simply print something like this, it will leak water, correct? Unless, you do some after-printing work like coating of some sort?

Thank you
In simple words: It's molten plastic hence when you each layer of plastic has a good adhesion to each other layer: it's waterproof

Reactions: woodman and guy_432

anawilliam850

Dec 22, 2022
Wow, that's impressive! It's great that you were able to design and print your own boxes to fit your needs. It looks like you did a great job with the design and the final product looks really nice. Thanks for sharing your project with us!

Olesya13

Mar 20, 2023
Wow, that's great! Where did you learn that? Very cool boxes!
Since Makita isn't offering separate boxes for P-83652 and it's also quite expensive to buy more than one, I've just designed and printed my own boxes to replace the blue and the large orange one with smaller ones to store more 🙂
Before
View attachment 5504405
After
View attachment 5504407

View attachment 5504409

View attachment 5504411
Wow, that's great! Where did you learn that? Very cool boxes!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Before
    Screenshot_20220107-151450.jpg

After
    Screenshot_20220109-192911.jpg

Screenshot_20220109-192932.jpg

MakitaBox.png
    I started printing in April this year. Got myself an Ender 3 V2. I've done some light mods, but nothing like direct drive or dual Z.

Here are some of the things I've printed that have been useful. Titles are hyperlinks to Thingiverse. All items are eSun PLA+, except for the blue stuff (watering can, printer mods). Those are all done with eSun Silk PLA.

Bag seal clips

Probably the most used thing I've printed. We use these for everything. Cereal bag, biscuit packs, crisp (chip) packs, bread, rolls, frozen stuff like peas, corn etc, and any other pack that needs a good seal.

cL3VhWf.gif

Also designed a simple holder for them to store when not in use. I added a couple of recesses in the back and glued a couple of magnets on there. It sits on the side of our fridge in a handy location to grab them.
    It sits next to a simple paper napkin holder that I also designed with some magnets on the back.

gPQViDvh.jpg

Reindeer

I printed these reindeer for Christmas. Simple but very effective!

29n71Qth.jpg

jUXC4sUh.jpg

Watering Can

I printed this small watering can for my wife's library/styudy room, for watering the plants she has in there. It's a perfect size. Something I'm very happy with!

0LdPW5Yh.jpg

dtAHJLdh.jpg

Autorewind Filament Spool

This is an auto rewind for my filament spools. I keep my rolls of filament in a drybox. It's a pain having to feed the filament back in when changing colurs. So this winds the filament back onto the roll. It's designed so that it will wind up the internal springs until they are tight. But if you keep using/feeding filament past that point, it just slips, like a clutch type mechanism, so that it doesn't overwind. It's a genious design, and I'm really happy with how they came out. It took a bit of tweaking to be able to print the springs cleanly. But having done that, my printer is now working better than ever!

mBAAe5qh.jpg

7WTNHCqh.jpg

1eCHvIp.gif

Can holder/dispenser

I printed this can holder for the fridge just recently. It's obviously printed in sections, which lock (and glue) together. It's fantastic!

553BcbKh.jpg

Parts Drawers

I printed a load of drawers for various bits and peices, like screws, nuts, bolts, small tools, printer parts etc. They can stack in any configuration you want. I need to shift that shelf lower, which is why I haven't put the drawers all together yet.
    What I love about these is there's a hidden magnet on the back of each drawer, and back of each housing. So the drawers lightly pull/snap closed when you push them in. Gives a nice premium feel :)

belJ3DCh.jpg

Sidecutters Grips

I printed a new set of grips for my snips. Every Ender owner will know about this :p. These snips come with the printer, but the rubber grips don't last too long!

asfYoWhh.jpg

Dremel Mount

This reallly comes in handy for some jobs. Holds the Dremel firmly in palce while using it.

5Jndxnph.jpg

This is something I started designing. A holder/charger for my Note 20 Ultra, Gear S3 and Galaxy Buds. All custom designed to fit those specific products, with the cables all hidden in recesses underneath. It needs more tweaking though, and I haven't had time to finish it yet. (the back is snapped off the phone part)

n8W31Bjh.jpg

And this is my setup. Bit messy at the moment, as I'm still shifting stuff around onto the shelves. But it's where I do my printing, and other tinkering/fixing/playing :)

i5sn9Hxh.jpg

And the printer itself. I've toyed with a few different fan ducts. Had Bullseye on it for a while, but printed Satsana Mini yesterday and am trying it out.
    Other things custom are the cable chains, camera mount/arm, extrusion inserts, display button, drawer handle (designed myself)....those are the main things. I plan to upgrade to larger/more silent fans all round, sometime soon.

D1dMtuCh.jpg
    I printed this one a long while ago, and it works a treat. I didn't want the stand kind, as the toothpaste already stands on its lid.

I've modified it a little bit so it becomes smaller and save some filament, works great 👍
    Screenshot_20220112-212659.jpg
    Well, besides a dice, my son is not really printing useful objects. He's testing and learning for now. 😁

See his first small collection here below:

IMG_20220110_112512.jpg

WIP 99% 🇨🇵😁