The Android O system UI (Discussion and Screenshots)

Search This thread

Hayzohar

Oct 9, 2017
They don't have to change the UI too much all the time..

I hate that in every Android major version they change the UI too much, i think it would be fine even if they would just add features and maybe change the animations abit, we get used to one design and than they just switch it.

Arjunism

Oct 23, 2017
Guys, you shouldn't be harsh to Google. It's already fair for them to make their source codes open to public, making it easier to be learnt and modded. If you don't like it, just use theme engine or tweak it yourself. Or better still, make your own OS you ungrateful. Or use iOS and be happy with their customization, which is nonexistent. New stuff, be it a theme or feature, is fresh and also helpful for modders and programmers to learn about and reverse-engineer our beloved, maturing OS. I personally (and engineers at google apparently) like the new UI, knowing that if I ever grow tired of it, I can simply tweak them to my will. Having an opinion is okay, as long as you don't degrade others.

priyansh21

Jun 19, 2015
What do you think about the Android O system UI? I'm attaching some Screenshots I made from my Pixel XL so everyone can see what I mean, even if they haven't tried it.

Personally, I don't like the colors at all, I prefer a dark background and white icons. But I guess we'll be able to theme that later. Also, the settings have a lot less items compared to Nougat.
i find it nice looking white and black... kind of favorite colors

inVain_theGenuine

Sep 12, 2017
What do you think about the Android O system UI? I'm attaching some Screenshots I made from my Pixel XL so everyone can see what I mean, even if they haven't tried it.

Personally, I don't like the colors at all, I prefer a dark background and white icons. But I guess we'll be able to theme that later. Also, the settings have a lot less items compared to Nougat.

on the 4th SS, I can see you've lost 29% of your battery capacity in just 11 minutes.
out of curiosity, what have you done?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Guys, you shouldn't be harsh to Google. It's already fair for them to make their source codes open to public, making it easier to be learnt and modded. If you don't like it, just use theme engine or tweak it yourself. Or better still, make your own OS you ungrateful. Or use iOS and be happy with their customization, which is nonexistent. New stuff, be it a theme or feature, is fresh and also helpful for modders and programmers to learn about and reverse-engineer our beloved, maturing OS. I personally (and engineers at google apparently) like the new UI, knowing that if I ever grow tired of it, I can simply tweak them to my will. Having an opinion is okay, as long as you don't degrade others.
    it like android 7.0?
    what devices run android o . is it official yet ?
    I don't like the dark theme very much

Personally, I'm more accepting
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone