• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

The AT&T LG-G3 Lounge

Search This thread

waytec

Dec 31, 2011
Ulocked??

Can inquire as to your meaning " regarding our recently unlocked G3's!". Are you referring to the bootloader which has been recently unlocked?

Thank you

This is a great idea and thanks to TonyStark we have already gotten the attention of a few Devs regarding our recently unlocked G3's!

This post here will serve as a running list of requests so that it's easier to keep track of.

Specific ROMs
CM - Coming Soon!!
SlimKat
Dirty Unicorns - Possibly being worked on
Liquid Smooth - Also possibly in the works
AOKP
Paranoid Android
Color OS
Mahdi RoM
AICP
SOKP
Stock - DeBloated - DeOdexed

Features / Ports
Samsung's WatchOn

**Check these two forums to see what is currently being developed!!

AT&T G3 Android Development
http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-lg-g3/development

AT&T G3 Original Android Development
http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-lg-g3/orig-development

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
I'm not. It's worse AFTER the factory reset. Lag is terrible compared to KK. Memory usage is weird (down to only 200mb free at one point). Heat is building after extended use. I had none of these problems on KK, not even in stock 10d/f. I'm declaring this update a flop. I'm almost ready to flash back to stock 10d and root again.

esimon311

Mar 10, 2013
V-Town
I'm not. It's worse AFTER the factory reset. Lag is terrible compared to KK. Memory usage is weird (down to only 200mb free at one point). Heat is building after extended use. I had none of these problems on KK, not even in stock 10d/f. I'm declaring this update a flop. I'm almost ready to flash back to stock 10d and root again.

How long have you been running lollipop?
The first day or so after installing the update I was experiencing similar performance. But after a solid 5 days or so.. I can honestly say I'm enjoying Lollipop, as much as if not more than KK... Minus root...?....no over heating issues.. My phone will get a little warm after a couple hours on straight clash of clans... But nothing major.. Battery life improves with every battery cycle. And the slight lag I noticed at first got better... Not complete gone some apps there is a slight pause before launching.. But nothing that would make me revert back to KK.....
I guess what I'm saying is give it a couple days......?

Reactions: troybklyn

KeeperOfThePizza

Sep 16, 2010
How long have you been running lollipop?
The first day or so after installing the update I was experiencing similar performance. But after a solid 5 days or so.. I can honestly say I'm enjoying Lollipop, as much as if not more than KK... Minus root.......no over heating issues.. My phone will get a little warm after a couple hours on straight clash of clans... But nothing major.. Battery life improves with every battery cycle. And the slight lag I noticed at first got better... Not complete gone some apps there is a slight pause before launching.. But nothing that would make me revert back to KK.....
I guess what I'm saying is give it a couple days......

Generally, you should give it a few days, allow things to cache up and settle. . I can say that my experience was fairly good. It's smooth and quick, bloatware is minimal and can be disabled. Battery life HAS taken a hit a little.. But I think this is a widespread issue among most devices. With every release there are pros and cons especially after a major update.. My biggest disappointment has been the lock screen primarily. All in all it's decent for a AT&T release.

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
was encryption set on startup? I never bothered to check

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

And I've gave it a few days. I updated the first day it was available, then factory reset on Friday because it was acting funky with my external sd. Performance has been worse since reset, not better as it should have been.

Barsky

Aug 23, 2010
MintMobile
OnePlus 9 Pro
Seems hit and miss. ATT sent the OTA to my (unlocked) phone, even with the T-Mobile sim in it . It's been running very nicely for me. Only thing I miss is root, but that will come.

FYI, I went back to D85010D stock using the tot file. The phone went directly from D85010d (kk) to D85020f (lolli)

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Seems hit and miss. ATT sent the OTA to my (unlocked) phone, even with the T-Mobile sim in it . It's been running very nicely for me. Only thing I miss is root, but that will come.

FYI, I went back to D85010D stock using the tot file. The phone went directly from D85010d (kk) to D85020f (lolli)
Now to is fishy indeed. They should not be able to push the update unless it is on their network.

sic0048

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Pretty sure battery and performance issues are related to the, by default, enabled encryption feature.

Only phones that come with Lollipop on them OEM have the encryption turned on by default. I'm not sure if AT&T is shipping new G3s with Lollipop installed on it yet or not, but anyone that takes the lollipop update or manually flashes a lollipop ROM does NOT have encryption enabled unless they specifically turn it on themselves.

Reactions: Jammin72

KeeperOfThePizza

Sep 16, 2010
Only phones that come with Lollipop on them OEM have the encryption turned on by default. I'm not sure if AT&T is shipping new G3s with Lollipop installed on it yet or not, but anyone that takes the lollipop update or manually flashes a lollipop ROM does NOT have encryption enabled unless they specifically turn it on themselves.

+1

Encryption is disabled by default.

splitfiredaewoo

Aug 15, 2010
Still no luck on getting the lollipop update for me. I'm overseas and have no access to a AT&T sim card. Is there a way I can get the update without OTA?

Thanks.

Jammin72

Jul 27, 2012
Durham

Thanks for the correction!

dmunjal

Dec 2, 2006
Anyone notice that notifications are working differently? With KK, the G3 would expand all notifications to allow you to act on them. Now, they are not expanded and don't expand to take action.

Last edited:

oby2

Jul 9, 2011
Guaynabo
Same here. Can somebody please post the flashable zip file of the OTA?

Thanks.
As of the moment there isn't a zip file. Not until either one of two things happens, AT&T releases the .tot file (i think this is the equivalent of a factory image for a nexus device) or somebody finds a way to root stock lollipop and a someone can dump the OTA file. Until then we're out of luck. Sprints .tot file was actually up before the OTA which makes me wonder why AT&T are dragging their feet.

Reactions: Carlosgomez03

DaWongOne

Mar 20, 2008
As of the moment there isn't a zip file. Not until either one of two things happens, AT&T releases the .tot file (i think this is the equivalent of a factory image for a nexus device) or somebody finds a way to root stock lollipop and a someone can dump the OTA file. Until then we're out of luck. Sprints .tot file was actually up before the OTA which makes me wonder why AT&T are dragging their feet.
I'm so dissapointed with At$t and LG. The promise of quick updates is just another lie. I think that this will be my last LG.
So no updates for rooted users yet, what a bummer.
I've read pretty much every thread here. Another dissapointment the notification bar.
Waiting patiently for the rooted update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you want TWRP just downgrade aboot.img and laf.img to KK.. then BUMP'd TWRP will work. Must be rooted to be able to flash TWRP obviously. If not already rooted -- Root with THIS METHOD HERE.

If rooted and on stock 20F Lollipop follow #1
    If already TWRP'd/BUMP'd on KitKat (or using AOSP) and want to manually update to rooted stock 20F follow #2

Download D850 TWRP HERE and rename to twrp.img. download stock KK aboot and laf images HERE. Stick all 3 on root of internal sdcard. You'll also have to flash a patched stock 20F boot.img so that the Lollipop system still boots when using the downgraded aboot.img/laf.img. You can download the patched boot.img HERE. Stick it in the root of your internal sdcard.
    Now issue the following commands with adb shell. If using terminal app on phone do not use the adb shell command:
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"]adb shell
    su
    md5 /sdcard/aboot.img (confirm md5 = 348064a6d4f8d5b7d3eeec79d86de5bd before proceeding)
    dd if=/sdcard/aboot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
    dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    dd if=/sdcard/patched-20f-boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot[/SIZE]
    You are finished and can now reboot back into the rom.

#2 (edit/update: see my thread HERE for TWRP-flashable stock 20F)
    If already TWRP'd/BUMP'd and you want to upgrade manually to 20F Lollipop... download the patched boot.img HERE and stick it on the root of your internal sdcard.. along with the 20F modem.img and system.img @timmytim shared a few posts up. You may or may not have to "factory reset" in TWRP. YMMV.
    [If flashing system.img you must be in TWRP, not the rom, while issuing these commands]
    [May need the "Koush Universal ADB" drivers to get ADB goin' in TWRP]
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"]adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/patched-20f-boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot
    dd if=/sdcard/modem.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem
    dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system[/SIZE]

If flashing 20F system via this method you will also need to root since the system.img is stock. Download SuperSU zip from Chainfire HERE and flash the zip in TWRP AFTER flashing the system.img. You are finished and can now reboot back into the rom.
    I've seen Liquid Smooth mentioned in other threads but don't think it has been here.
    @CPA Poke has made quite a few builds I believe for different devices as well and that ROM would be awesome on the G3 now that were unlocked and since it's another CM based ROM definitely an option.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2630085

Another one he is associated with is Dirty Unicorns : http://forum.xda-developers.com/goo...m-dirty-unicorns-4-4-2-hammerhead-05-t2588152

There are obviously more people than Poke involved with these ROMs so maybe that could be an option for one of those devs to build for our G3s as well!

- Tapatalked From The G3 -
    I don't own the device, but I'll see what we can do :)
    *calls BigFau on the NunPhone....

Yo Big. G3 on the way. Let's do dis!
    So.... sorry for the delay, got super busy at work... I hate it when our print servers go down. Also, I'm having a lot of trouble extracting the blob becuase, well it's a blob and not an image. I'll think of something.
    @timmytim
    After some preliminary testing, Im 110% sure I can obtain root now, and way easier than people are thinking. I just need to figure out how to update my 10D to 10F then to 5.0 (being on cricket has its drawbacks).
    Hop on IRC at some point tomorrow and we'll get some things tested.