• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

The AT&T LG-G3 Lounge

Search This thread

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
Don't hold your breath. Att never put up a stock file for the last 3 updates on the S3 and Samsung never leaked it. And I think they only put up one or two early files for the Note 2. They never put up a stock tot/kdz for my Gpad (which is why it's still stock).

As for calling LG, I tried that on my Gpad. No good on that one either.

anl2304

Feb 20, 2012
Don't hold your breath. Att never put up a stock file for the last 3 updates on the S3 and Samsung never leaked it. And I think they only put up one or two early files for the Note 2. They never put up a stock tot/kdz for my Gpad (which is why it's still stock).

As for calling LG, I tried that on my Gpad. No good on that one either.

Wow, and I thought Verizon was bad. My next phone will not be AT&T-branded.

Wow, and I thought Verizon was bad. My next phone will not be AT&T-branded.

That's what's happening. There aren't any contractual pricing deals for phones anymore. You pay $15 more a month for 2-year pricing and the Next plan is a car lease deal. Either case do the math and you pay the retail price, just financed over a couple of years. I did all the math and preferred to use the lovely 'swappa' link at the top of the XDA page to get a nice discount on a like new phone.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Look a couple page back, I posted 2 shots with the stock and AOSP camera...

Nice comparison - the link is here. As far as daylight picutres go, it's fine, but I never tested low light situations - it stinks! We're going to be on vacation (on a cruise ship... :D ) with the kids, so there will be a lot of low light situations... I think I'll switch back to stock for a bit. Thanks for the post.

Reactions: redeyss

anl2304

Feb 20, 2012
That's what's happening. There aren't any contractual pricing deals for phones anymore. You pay $15 more a month for 2-year pricing and the Next plan is a car lease deal. Either case do the math and you pay the retail price, just financed over a couple of years. I did all the math and preferred to use the lovely 'swappa' link at the top of the XDA page to get a nice discount on a like new phone.

Mine have been eBay phones at a modest discount....my mistake when I switched to AT&T was in switching to the AT&T G2 initially (should have just kept the tmobile G2 I had which would gave permitted me more freedom). I figured a carrier-branded phone was optimal and used the same reasoning when I got the G3. And while that may be true, it is not worth the colossal headache AT&T's phones are.

You're right about the math, though. So my next phone, no matter what it is will be purchased at either swappa or ebay, not AT&T and not AT&T branded.

netomel

Jun 19, 2012
East Elmhurst
Its been hard because lollipop came out on the 11th and its going to be a week and our friends the devs have not been able to find a exploit yet.

newmind02

Jan 10, 2013
I'll probably flash back to stock later this week to take the update and try it out. If I like it enough I'll try and hold out for root. Plus, I'm going to a concert next week and I'd like the stock app so I can take decent pictures, haha.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you want TWRP just downgrade aboot.img and laf.img to KK.. then BUMP'd TWRP will work. Must be rooted to be able to flash TWRP obviously. If not already rooted -- Root with THIS METHOD HERE.

If rooted and on stock 20F Lollipop follow #1
    If already TWRP'd/BUMP'd on KitKat (or using AOSP) and want to manually update to rooted stock 20F follow #2

Download D850 TWRP HERE and rename to twrp.img. download stock KK aboot and laf images HERE. Stick all 3 on root of internal sdcard. You'll also have to flash a patched stock 20F boot.img so that the Lollipop system still boots when using the downgraded aboot.img/laf.img. You can download the patched boot.img HERE. Stick it in the root of your internal sdcard.
    Now issue the following commands with adb shell. If using terminal app on phone do not use the adb shell command:
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"]adb shell
    su
    md5 /sdcard/aboot.img (confirm md5 = 348064a6d4f8d5b7d3eeec79d86de5bd before proceeding)
    dd if=/sdcard/aboot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
    dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    dd if=/sdcard/patched-20f-boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot[/SIZE]
    You are finished and can now reboot back into the rom.

#2 (edit/update: see my thread HERE for TWRP-flashable stock 20F)
    If already TWRP'd/BUMP'd and you want to upgrade manually to 20F Lollipop... download the patched boot.img HERE and stick it on the root of your internal sdcard.. along with the 20F modem.img and system.img @timmytim shared a few posts up. You may or may not have to "factory reset" in TWRP. YMMV.
    [If flashing system.img you must be in TWRP, not the rom, while issuing these commands]
    [May need the "Koush Universal ADB" drivers to get ADB goin' in TWRP]
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"]adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/patched-20f-boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot
    dd if=/sdcard/modem.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem
    dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system[/SIZE]

If flashing 20F system via this method you will also need to root since the system.img is stock. Download SuperSU zip from Chainfire HERE and flash the zip in TWRP AFTER flashing the system.img. You are finished and can now reboot back into the rom.
    I've seen Liquid Smooth mentioned in other threads but don't think it has been here.
    @CPA Poke has made quite a few builds I believe for different devices as well and that ROM would be awesome on the G3 now that were unlocked and since it's another CM based ROM definitely an option.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2630085

Another one he is associated with is Dirty Unicorns : http://forum.xda-developers.com/goo...m-dirty-unicorns-4-4-2-hammerhead-05-t2588152

There are obviously more people than Poke involved with these ROMs so maybe that could be an option for one of those devs to build for our G3s as well!

- Tapatalked From The G3 -
    I don't own the device, but I'll see what we can do :)
    *calls BigFau on the NunPhone....

Yo Big. G3 on the way. Let's do dis!
    So.... sorry for the delay, got super busy at work... I hate it when our print servers go down. Also, I'm having a lot of trouble extracting the blob becuase, well it's a blob and not an image. I'll think of something.
    @timmytim
    After some preliminary testing, Im 110% sure I can obtain root now, and way easier than people are thinking. I just need to figure out how to update my 10D to 10F then to 5.0 (being on cricket has its drawbacks).
    Hop on IRC at some point tomorrow and we'll get some things tested.