• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

The AT&T LG-G3 Lounge

Search This thread

newmind02

Jan 10, 2013
Yes but you said you only want to take pictures. There is not difference from KK TO lollipop in the camera. So why lose root if you can get it on KK

I didn't say I only wanted to take pictures, I said "plus" I wanted to take pictures. I indicated I wanted to try the update in the original post. Thanks though.

southern87

May 5, 2008
The Command Center
Yall need to think tactical when calling these people for things. Act like you belong. Tomorrow my goal is to get the tot file. Only a retard would give it up to some random Joe or Jane(maybe one of you is a girl) because they asked lol.

Will report back tomorrow of my failures or my legend status if I succeed.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: illwafer

DaWongOne

Mar 20, 2008
LOL - you're just trolling, right? I hope you appreciate that we even have XDA and the dev's that are working hard on constantly circumnavigating blocked root exploits / bootloaders / building roms / kernels, etc, just for our benefit. By waiting patiently, I mean that you are generous with use of the thanks and donate buttons? Do you understand the concept of 'this will void your warranty'? Hope you aren't another one of the growing legions of the entitlement generation demanding to be served... or else you'll have a public tantrum.... or one who hasn't figured out how to use spell-check yet. Sorry OP for the rant. It's been a few years... :D

These devices are so awesome... it's amazing what they can do and I'm thankful that there's enough consumer demand to push tech companies and engineers to their limits to bring us groovy tools. Heck, when I was a kid, we thought it was the cat's meow that we could do:

Code:
10 print "I am cool"
20 goto 10
run

... and we were.... :cool:
Yes I've donated ever since my samsung Infuse :)
Lots of questions. I love XDA. All the developers are amazing and do a great job.
I suppose that I should have just said At$t and I'm well aware that there are no "official" updates for rooted phones but still appreciate the reminder.

thepit70

Jan 30, 2011
ST Louis Mo
Quick question, is there a way to make it so when you double tap the home button the screen goes off. I belie this was in the first builds of CM12.
Thanks.

hitekredneck

Aug 7, 2009
My Grass Is Blue
Quick question, is there a way to make it so when you double tap the home button the screen goes off. I belie this was in the first builds of CM12.
Thanks.

It can be done, but requires Nova Launcher Prime and a little free app from the Play Store called Screen Off and Lock.

Download and install the Screen Off and Lock app, tap on it to launch it, it will ask you if you want to start the service, choose yes or activate, whichever the case may be.

Then, in Nova settings go to Gestures and Buttons and choose double tap, then choose the apps tab and from there you can choose Screen Off.

You can then double tap anywhere on your home screen to turn the screen off and lock the device.

Reactions: s89281b

thepit70

Jan 30, 2011
ST Louis Mo
It can be done, but requires Nova Launcher Prime and a little free app from the Play Store called Screen Off and Lock.

Download and install the Screen Off and Lock app, tap on it to launch it, it will ask you if you want to start the service, choose yes or activate, whichever the case may be.

Then, in Nova settings go to Gestures and Buttons and choose double tap, then choose the apps tab and from there you can choose Screen Off.

You can then double tap anywhere on your home screen to turn the screen off and lock the device.

SWEET works like a champ..Thanks

Reactions: hitekredneck

esimon311

Mar 10, 2013
V-Town
Thanks.

:what: when I double tap anywhere on my screen my phone locks and goes to sleep?
Am I missing something?...
I just tap..tap.. On a blank spot and my phone goes night night...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you want TWRP just downgrade aboot.img and laf.img to KK.. then BUMP'd TWRP will work. Must be rooted to be able to flash TWRP obviously. If not already rooted -- Root with THIS METHOD HERE.

If rooted and on stock 20F Lollipop follow #1
    If already TWRP'd/BUMP'd on KitKat (or using AOSP) and want to manually update to rooted stock 20F follow #2

Download D850 TWRP HERE and rename to twrp.img. download stock KK aboot and laf images HERE. Stick all 3 on root of internal sdcard. You'll also have to flash a patched stock 20F boot.img so that the Lollipop system still boots when using the downgraded aboot.img/laf.img. You can download the patched boot.img HERE. Stick it in the root of your internal sdcard.
    Now issue the following commands with adb shell. If using terminal app on phone do not use the adb shell command:
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"]adb shell
    su
    md5 /sdcard/aboot.img (confirm md5 = 348064a6d4f8d5b7d3eeec79d86de5bd before proceeding)
    dd if=/sdcard/aboot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
    dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    dd if=/sdcard/patched-20f-boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot[/SIZE]
    You are finished and can now reboot back into the rom.

#2 (edit/update: see my thread HERE for TWRP-flashable stock 20F)
    If already TWRP'd/BUMP'd and you want to upgrade manually to 20F Lollipop... download the patched boot.img HERE and stick it on the root of your internal sdcard.. along with the 20F modem.img and system.img @timmytim shared a few posts up. You may or may not have to "factory reset" in TWRP. YMMV.
    [If flashing system.img you must be in TWRP, not the rom, while issuing these commands]
    [May need the "Koush Universal ADB" drivers to get ADB goin' in TWRP]
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"]adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/patched-20f-boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot
    dd if=/sdcard/modem.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem
    dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system[/SIZE]

If flashing 20F system via this method you will also need to root since the system.img is stock. Download SuperSU zip from Chainfire HERE and flash the zip in TWRP AFTER flashing the system.img. You are finished and can now reboot back into the rom.
    I've seen Liquid Smooth mentioned in other threads but don't think it has been here.
    @CPA Poke has made quite a few builds I believe for different devices as well and that ROM would be awesome on the G3 now that were unlocked and since it's another CM based ROM definitely an option.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2630085

Another one he is associated with is Dirty Unicorns : http://forum.xda-developers.com/goo...m-dirty-unicorns-4-4-2-hammerhead-05-t2588152

There are obviously more people than Poke involved with these ROMs so maybe that could be an option for one of those devs to build for our G3s as well!

- Tapatalked From The G3 -
    I don't own the device, but I'll see what we can do :)
    *calls BigFau on the NunPhone....

Yo Big. G3 on the way. Let's do dis!
    So.... sorry for the delay, got super busy at work... I hate it when our print servers go down. Also, I'm having a lot of trouble extracting the blob becuase, well it's a blob and not an image. I'll think of something.
    @timmytim
    After some preliminary testing, Im 110% sure I can obtain root now, and way easier than people are thinking. I just need to figure out how to update my 10D to 10F then to 5.0 (being on cricket has its drawbacks).
    Hop on IRC at some point tomorrow and we'll get some things tested.