• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

The AT&T LG-G3 Lounge

Search This thread

gpgon

Feb 14, 2011
Stock LG G3 launcher has that feature as well, or least it did out of the box

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

KeeperOfThePizza

Sep 16, 2010
Yeah, the people that say the difference is not noticeable are probably taking pictures via Instagram or something else and not looking at the pictures in a computer monitor.
it does look like crap on AOSP:p

Exactly... If all you do is take selfies with the camera on instagram.. you're really not gonna notice in the long run. I'll admit, I don't use the back camera very often, But Its good to know that it works right.

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
I don't care what anyone has to say ... Moto x cam and mod in my INDEX works great and the best you will get right now.

2SHAYNEZ

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

On a custom ROM that is

2SHAYNEZ

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
Still working on extensively searching for a TOT :)

@shayneflashindailyNEZ Hows the weather over that way? 30min East of you its all ice :D

Its cold as balls.... Ice everywhere.. About busted my #$$ couple times. I'm not usually a fan of cold weather but it does out a certain peace over me lol Hope all is well your way... Oh and if you find a tot don't tell anyone but me with a pm lol ;) cheers homie

2SHAYNEZ

Reactions: hyelton

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you want TWRP just downgrade aboot.img and laf.img to KK.. then BUMP'd TWRP will work. Must be rooted to be able to flash TWRP obviously. If not already rooted -- Root with THIS METHOD HERE.

If rooted and on stock 20F Lollipop follow #1
    If already TWRP'd/BUMP'd on KitKat (or using AOSP) and want to manually update to rooted stock 20F follow #2

Download D850 TWRP HERE and rename to twrp.img. download stock KK aboot and laf images HERE. Stick all 3 on root of internal sdcard. You'll also have to flash a patched stock 20F boot.img so that the Lollipop system still boots when using the downgraded aboot.img/laf.img. You can download the patched boot.img HERE. Stick it in the root of your internal sdcard.
    Now issue the following commands with adb shell. If using terminal app on phone do not use the adb shell command:
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"]adb shell
    su
    md5 /sdcard/aboot.img (confirm md5 = 348064a6d4f8d5b7d3eeec79d86de5bd before proceeding)
    dd if=/sdcard/aboot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
    dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    dd if=/sdcard/patched-20f-boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot[/SIZE]
    You are finished and can now reboot back into the rom.

#2 (edit/update: see my thread HERE for TWRP-flashable stock 20F)
    If already TWRP'd/BUMP'd and you want to upgrade manually to 20F Lollipop... download the patched boot.img HERE and stick it on the root of your internal sdcard.. along with the 20F modem.img and system.img @timmytim shared a few posts up. You may or may not have to "factory reset" in TWRP. YMMV.
    [If flashing system.img you must be in TWRP, not the rom, while issuing these commands]
    [May need the "Koush Universal ADB" drivers to get ADB goin' in TWRP]
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"]adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/patched-20f-boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot
    dd if=/sdcard/modem.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem
    dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system[/SIZE]

If flashing 20F system via this method you will also need to root since the system.img is stock. Download SuperSU zip from Chainfire HERE and flash the zip in TWRP AFTER flashing the system.img. You are finished and can now reboot back into the rom.
    I've seen Liquid Smooth mentioned in other threads but don't think it has been here.
    @CPA Poke has made quite a few builds I believe for different devices as well and that ROM would be awesome on the G3 now that were unlocked and since it's another CM based ROM definitely an option.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2630085

Another one he is associated with is Dirty Unicorns : http://forum.xda-developers.com/goo...m-dirty-unicorns-4-4-2-hammerhead-05-t2588152

There are obviously more people than Poke involved with these ROMs so maybe that could be an option for one of those devs to build for our G3s as well!

- Tapatalked From The G3 -
    I don't own the device, but I'll see what we can do :)
    *calls BigFau on the NunPhone....

Yo Big. G3 on the way. Let's do dis!
    So.... sorry for the delay, got super busy at work... I hate it when our print servers go down. Also, I'm having a lot of trouble extracting the blob becuase, well it's a blob and not an image. I'll think of something.
    @timmytim
    After some preliminary testing, Im 110% sure I can obtain root now, and way easier than people are thinking. I just need to figure out how to update my 10D to 10F then to 5.0 (being on cricket has its drawbacks).
    Hop on IRC at some point tomorrow and we'll get some things tested.