• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

The AT&T LG-G3 Lounge

Search This thread

hyelton

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2010
Wilmington
Its cold as balls.... Ice everywhere.. About busted my #$$ couple times. I'm not usually a fan of cold weather but it does out a certain peace over me lol Hope all is well your way... Oh and if you find a tot don't tell anyone but me with a pm lol ;) cheers homie

2SHAYNEZ
I'll post it on my server and make people go on an Easteregg hunt :p haha. Just came home from Shelby and its freezing up a bit and patches of ice coming back on the road.

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

@hyelton any chance of finding a tot or kdz for a v410?
Most likely not a tot, but possible for a kdz. Go here : lgkdz.com and enter your imei if there's one on LGs server it will come up with a link.

N

nygfan760

Lol.. Ok... O wouldn't go as far as to say a massive placebo ... But please explain your self .. I'd like to hear what you have to say about the subject.

First let's address the main issue: none of these camera apps have access to the hardware in the way the LG's proprietary camera does, and in this way, none of them can actually produce better pictures. They may focus better, or post-process better, but the picture itself can't actually be of higher quality.

Now:

A majority of the tweaks in the zip deal with the build.prop, which many of us know, was a big thing in the early Android days. These build.prop tweaks don't work anymore. For example: ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap is not used anymore. It literally does nothing at all. The tweak, ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps, does work, but only on the AOSP camera, which is no longer in use. 3rd party cameras do not access these tweaks, that are really defined in other files in the OS, and the build.prop values are ignored. Even if they're not, they deal with video and audio encoding, not picture quality. The bravia engine will not work either, as once again, it has nothing to do with photo quality, just displaying photos, and requires proprietary code to work anyways. Beats is for music, and makes it sound worse than stock on good heaphones imo.
The rest of the build.prop tweaks are so hilariously outdated, and never worked, so I'm not even getting into them, because once again they have nothing to do with photo quality. Lastly, he set the panorama resolution higher, and jpeg quality to 100%, this can be done in literally 90% of camera apps, and still won't make pictures noticeably better. I'm tired of users posting 100MB "tweak" zips without actually investigating the files themselves. Androicid's tweaks aren't even device specific, let alone useful.

I don't have time right now, but if you'd like me to, I can go through every single tweak and show you they do nothing. If you want, start here

Yeah, the people that say the difference is not noticeable are probably taking pictures via Instagram or something else and not looking at the pictures in a computer monitor.
it does look like crap on AOSP:p

Well, I wouldn't go that far. In daylight or brighter indoor light, it's ok.

---

yeah, and the weather sucks here right now too. It was 18', headed to -6' tonight, without wind chill, driving on packed snow and ice on the way home and got the call that the roof was leaking because the gutters are frozen solid... We're taking the kids on a disney cruise and will be in Florida on Friday, so it better be freakin' warm! If I get sunburned, y'all can rub it in.

Last edited:

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
First let's address the main issue: none of these camera apps have access to the hardware in the way the LG's proprietary camera does, and in this way, none of them can actually produce better pictures. They may focus better, or post-process better, but the picture itself can't actually be of higher quality.

Now:

A majority of the tweaks in the zip deal with the build.prop, which many of us know, was a big thing in the early Android days. These build.prop tweaks don't work anymore. For example: ro.media.dec.jpeg.memcap is not used anymore. It literally does nothing at all. The tweak, ro.media.enc.hprof.vid.bps, does work, but only on the AOSP camera, which is no longer in use. 3rd party cameras do not access these tweaks, that are really defined in other files in the OS, and the build.prop values are ignored. Even if they're not, they deal with video and audio encoding, not picture quality. The bravia engine will not work either, as once again, it has nothing to do with photo quality, just displaying photos, and requires proprietary code to work anyways. Beats is for music, and makes it sound worse than stock on good heaphones imo.
The rest of the build.prop tweaks are so hilariously outdated, and never worked, so I'm not even getting into them, because once again they have nothing to do with photo quality. Lastly, he set the panorama resolution higher, and jpeg quality to 100%, this can be done in literally 90% of camera apps, and still won't make pictures noticeably better. I'm tired of users posting 100MB "tweak" zips without actually investigating the files themselves. Androicid's tweaks aren't even device specific, let alone useful.

I don't have time right now, but if you'd like me to, I can go through every single tweak and show you they do nothing. If you want, start here

Well then I'll take out of my index if it does absolutely nothing ,as well as spread your insight on the topic. :thumbup: I appreciate
The great response without a angry rant like most people are accustomed to doing. :beer:
2SHAYNEZ

Last edited:
N

nygfan760

Well then I'll take out of my index if it does absolutely nothing ,as well as spread your insight on the topic. :thumbup: I appreciate
The great response without a angry rant like most people are accustomed to doing. :beer:
2SHAYNEZ

No problem, just trying to shed some info on things so people will educate themselves on what they're flashing :D

GroovyGeek

Oct 11, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
Ozark_8125;58912401) said:
we're about to take a family vacation and I want the best pictures :D
Then buy a real camera with the largest possible sensor you are willing to pay for. Cell phone cameras are a POS in anything but bright daylight. Pixel size does matter, cell phones are about convenience (aka posting crappy images nobody wants to see to Facebook), little else.

Reactions: kinjo1023

KeeperOfThePizza

Sep 16, 2010
Then buy a real camera with the largest possible sensor you are willing to pay for. Cell phone cameras are a POS in anything but bright daylight. Pixel size does matter, cell phones are about convenience (aka posting crappy images nobody wants to see to Facebook), little else.

LG G3 takes great pictures for what it is. Yes it's not a professional camera but I don't really get at what you're trying to say.

shayneflashindaily

Sep 15, 2012
Hendersonville NC
2SHAYNEZ

Attachments

• 1424356395572.jpg
    1424356395572.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 878
Reactions: shekinahsmoke

timmytim

Jan 6, 2011
Phoenix
I was browsing the LG Open course Code Distribution site and noticed the source code for the D850 Lollipop on there. Was this on there before or is this something new that might be able to help us?

http://opensource.lge.com/osSch/list?types=ALL&search=d850

Called: LGD850_G3_Android_L_V20f

There's actually more than the kernel in that LP source. They also provided the proprietary libs and updated LG Application source in there as well. The zip package was over 900mb.

I compiled the kernel for sh1ts and giggles but all you get is the zImage and modules... no ramdisk.

I don't think this will work but in theory someone could take the d850 boot.img, crack it open and replace the zImage with the one I compiled. Then try to boot an international ROM with the new boot.img. KK and LP both use the 3.4.0 kernel but Im not completely sure what all is in the ramdisk.

Here are the kernel and modules that I compiled: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5c7ywT13T-MLWFoRXRYLW8ycTA/view?usp=sharing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you want TWRP just downgrade aboot.img and laf.img to KK.. then BUMP'd TWRP will work. Must be rooted to be able to flash TWRP obviously. If not already rooted -- Root with THIS METHOD HERE.

If rooted and on stock 20F Lollipop follow #1
    If already TWRP'd/BUMP'd on KitKat (or using AOSP) and want to manually update to rooted stock 20F follow #2

Download D850 TWRP HERE and rename to twrp.img. download stock KK aboot and laf images HERE. Stick all 3 on root of internal sdcard. You'll also have to flash a patched stock 20F boot.img so that the Lollipop system still boots when using the downgraded aboot.img/laf.img. You can download the patched boot.img HERE. Stick it in the root of your internal sdcard.
    Now issue the following commands with adb shell. If using terminal app on phone do not use the adb shell command:
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"]adb shell
    su
    md5 /sdcard/aboot.img (confirm md5 = 348064a6d4f8d5b7d3eeec79d86de5bd before proceeding)
    dd if=/sdcard/aboot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
    dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    dd if=/sdcard/patched-20f-boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot[/SIZE]
    You are finished and can now reboot back into the rom.

#2 (edit/update: see my thread HERE for TWRP-flashable stock 20F)
    If already TWRP'd/BUMP'd and you want to upgrade manually to 20F Lollipop... download the patched boot.img HERE and stick it on the root of your internal sdcard.. along with the 20F modem.img and system.img @timmytim shared a few posts up. You may or may not have to "factory reset" in TWRP. YMMV.
    [If flashing system.img you must be in TWRP, not the rom, while issuing these commands]
    [May need the "Koush Universal ADB" drivers to get ADB goin' in TWRP]
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"]adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/patched-20f-boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot
    dd if=/sdcard/modem.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem
    dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system[/SIZE]

If flashing 20F system via this method you will also need to root since the system.img is stock. Download SuperSU zip from Chainfire HERE and flash the zip in TWRP AFTER flashing the system.img. You are finished and can now reboot back into the rom.
    I've seen Liquid Smooth mentioned in other threads but don't think it has been here.
    @CPA Poke has made quite a few builds I believe for different devices as well and that ROM would be awesome on the G3 now that were unlocked and since it's another CM based ROM definitely an option.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2630085

Another one he is associated with is Dirty Unicorns : http://forum.xda-developers.com/goo...m-dirty-unicorns-4-4-2-hammerhead-05-t2588152

There are obviously more people than Poke involved with these ROMs so maybe that could be an option for one of those devs to build for our G3s as well!

- Tapatalked From The G3 -
    I don't own the device, but I'll see what we can do :)
    *calls BigFau on the NunPhone....

Yo Big. G3 on the way. Let's do dis!
    So.... sorry for the delay, got super busy at work... I hate it when our print servers go down. Also, I'm having a lot of trouble extracting the blob becuase, well it's a blob and not an image. I'll think of something.
    @timmytim
    After some preliminary testing, Im 110% sure I can obtain root now, and way easier than people are thinking. I just need to figure out how to update my 10D to 10F then to 5.0 (being on cricket has its drawbacks).
    Hop on IRC at some point tomorrow and we'll get some things tested.