The AT&T LG-G3 Lounge

Search This thread

blackwrx02

May 3, 2006
I'm having this issue. But IMO, considering I just flashed stock and updated to OTA, maybe all my suggestions and personal dictionary got erased. I think this keyboard learns words and suggestions as you type. So I'll just wait some more days to see if it gets a hangs on my conversations and typing.

I thought that too at first but I notice its putting duplicate words in sometimes too. The word I just typed will be followed, without a space, by the same word, or partial same word. Very strange and incredibly annoying if you are typing anything more than a word or two. May have to look at other options. This is my 3rd day on the update and the keyboard has not gotten any better

carnes

Mar 5, 2011
I thought that too at first but I notice its putting duplicate words in sometimes too. The word I just typed will be followed, without a space, by the same word, or partial same word. Very strange and incredibly annoying if you are typing anything more than a word or two. May have to look at other options. This is my 3rd day on the update and the keyboard has not gotten any better

i preffer using swiftkey keyboard ... its better than google keyboard... give it a try... i recommend that keyboard app.. (y)

Reactions: troybklyn

eep2378

Aug 12, 2010
MA
Friend of mine updated yesterday and she hates it lol. She cannot sync her gmail and calendar after update. I tried helping her troubleshoot but to no avail. Has anyone encountered google sync issues?

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
As there are still many asking "how do I go back to KitKat"
Here are the steps Any other question's, Feel free to ask.​

It is recomended that you use Windows7. Windows 8 will work, but not without frustration.

Download the following
Place ALL files in one folder on your desktop
Once in the folder, extract all of these within this folder
Installation of the USB drivers
  • Turn off your device. Plug your USB cable into a USB 2.0 port.
  • Press volume down while connecting the micro usb cable to your device.
  • Let the phone initialize and install the USB drivers.
  • Go to Device manager. Scroll down to Ports. You should see listed LGE Mobile USB Serial Port (COM 5 (or whatever # it is set to)).
  • Right click on the LGE Mobile USB Serial Port> In the box that pops up, click Properties> In this box, click the tab at the top that says "Port Settings"> In the Port Settings box, click Advanced> Here COM port number. In the drop down, select COM41. Back out hit save, leave Device Manager

From this point (on through to the end), you will need your device in download mode.

Install the LG FlashTool
Again, be sure to read the text file first (This is imperative to your success.)

Flashing the files with LG FlashTool
  • Open the FlashTool In box that pops up, leave Korea Factory checked.
  • In the box that pops up, select Manual mode
  • To the right of the Dll bar click and you will be able to select your dll folder. Click on the dll folder, click on the dll file. It will show up in the DLL bar.
  • To the right of the S/W box, select Add, Do the same as above, but here you wll be looking for the TOT file
  • Once both files have been selected, click OK, this box will disappear and you will now be in the second box.
  • Click the yellow arrow at the top of this box to initialize the process. Once done, it should say "ready"
  • With your device still in Download mode, disconnect the micro usb from the device, then immediately re-connect it. The magic will begin.
  • DO NOT UPLUG THE DEVICE until the Flashtoll says PASS!!
  • You must wait for your device to show the number 3. If you unplug it with anything else, you could have problems... simply wait for 3.
  • Once you have 3 disconnect from PC and pull your battery from the phone. Put the battery back in, boot up the phone.
  • You are now back on stock AT&T KitKat 4.4.2.

A couple helpful YT video, if you are the visuals type
Getting into download mode
LG G3 Flash back to stock

Last edited:

TonyStark R.I.P.

Retired Moderator - R.I.P.
May 20, 2008
Malibu Point
Friend of mine updated yesterday and she hates it lol. She cannot sync her gmail and calendar after update. I tried helping her troubleshoot but to no avail. Has anyone encountered google sync issues?
and what if we have....:D

So in reality you bought this device but are afraid to admit it? :laugh::laugh:

Nice to see ya here:good:

Reactions: mrhaley30705

esimon311

Mar 10, 2013
V-Town

That's odd I have multiple Gmail accounts as well as Yahoo on mine and everything synced perfectly... Contacts birthdays calendar....

eep2378

Aug 12, 2010
MA
and what if we have....:D

So in reality you bought this device but are afraid to admit it? :laugh::laugh:

Nice to see ya here:good:

Ha! Good one, Tom. You know if I had this device I'd be all over these forums :p. Come check us out in the Shamu forums...:highfive:

That's odd I have multiple Gmail accounts as well as Yahoo on mine and everything synced perfectly... Contacts birthdays calendar....

Are you stock, unrooted and received OTA? That's what she did, she's not android geeks like us...;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you want TWRP just downgrade aboot.img and laf.img to KK.. then BUMP'd TWRP will work. Must be rooted to be able to flash TWRP obviously. If not already rooted -- Root with THIS METHOD HERE.

If rooted and on stock 20F Lollipop follow #1
    If already TWRP'd/BUMP'd on KitKat (or using AOSP) and want to manually update to rooted stock 20F follow #2

Download D850 TWRP HERE and rename to twrp.img. download stock KK aboot and laf images HERE. Stick all 3 on root of internal sdcard. You'll also have to flash a patched stock 20F boot.img so that the Lollipop system still boots when using the downgraded aboot.img/laf.img. You can download the patched boot.img HERE. Stick it in the root of your internal sdcard.
    Now issue the following commands with adb shell. If using terminal app on phone do not use the adb shell command:
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"]adb shell
    su
    md5 /sdcard/aboot.img (confirm md5 = 348064a6d4f8d5b7d3eeec79d86de5bd before proceeding)
    dd if=/sdcard/aboot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
    dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
    dd if=/sdcard/patched-20f-boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot[/SIZE]
    You are finished and can now reboot back into the rom.

#2 (edit/update: see my thread HERE for TWRP-flashable stock 20F)
    If already TWRP'd/BUMP'd and you want to upgrade manually to 20F Lollipop... download the patched boot.img HERE and stick it on the root of your internal sdcard.. along with the 20F modem.img and system.img @timmytim shared a few posts up. You may or may not have to "factory reset" in TWRP. YMMV.
    [If flashing system.img you must be in TWRP, not the rom, while issuing these commands]
    [May need the "Koush Universal ADB" drivers to get ADB goin' in TWRP]
    Code:
    [SIZE="2"]adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/patched-20f-boot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/boot
    dd if=/sdcard/modem.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem
    dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system[/SIZE]

If flashing 20F system via this method you will also need to root since the system.img is stock. Download SuperSU zip from Chainfire HERE and flash the zip in TWRP AFTER flashing the system.img. You are finished and can now reboot back into the rom.
    I've seen Liquid Smooth mentioned in other threads but don't think it has been here.
    @CPA Poke has made quite a few builds I believe for different devices as well and that ROM would be awesome on the G3 now that were unlocked and since it's another CM based ROM definitely an option.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2630085

Another one he is associated with is Dirty Unicorns : http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/development/rom-dirty-unicorns-4-4-2-hammerhead-05-t2588152

There are obviously more people than Poke involved with these ROMs so maybe that could be an option for one of those devs to build for our G3s as well!

- Tapatalked From The G3 -
    I don't own the device, but I'll see what we can do :)
    *calls BigFau on the NunPhone....

Yo Big. G3 on the way. Let's do dis!
    So.... sorry for the delay, got super busy at work... I hate it when our print servers go down. Also, I'm having a lot of trouble extracting the blob becuase, well it's a blob and not an image. I'll think of something.
    @timmytim
    After some preliminary testing, Im 110% sure I can obtain root now, and way easier than people are thinking. I just need to figure out how to update my 10D to 10F then to 5.0 (being on cricket has its drawbacks).
    Hop on IRC at some point tomorrow and we'll get some things tested.