The Best Backup Option 2023

Search This thread

kaskander

Dec 23, 2015
OnePlus 8T
Hello, I've had the oneplus 8T for 2.5 years now. For a week now I have rooted it again, after 2 years ago. So I did a backup until today with the oneplus app. And I manually uploaded it to the cloud.

So I'm looking for an app that can backup apps, data, SMS, call logs, contacts, settings and the layout of folders on the phone's desktop. And of course the application can upload the backup to the cloud. To be able to have the scheduling option.

I did some research on my own and discovered the Following, but I need your help.

Swift Backup:
Backup apps, data, call logs, contacts, sms.
Stores the backup in the storage and in the cloud.

I also discovered Neobackup, Titanium Backup and Backup rom. Can you write me what are the differences between them? Because I haven't understood...
I read somewhere that Neobackup is the best but it does not backup call logs, sms, contacts. And it doesn't upload to the cloud either.

Note, the comments I read about swift, it was 2022. So I want answers with the latest versions of these apps.

Last edited:

Rootk1t

Jun 2, 2013

kaskander

TWRP/OrangeFox backups whole device partitions (like /system or /data) with everything inside them.
By restoring this backup you can revert your whole device (android version and your data) to the state on the time of backup.

Apps like swift, titanium, neo backup, backup your apps and their settings, also you can try to backup system apps settings to restore layout of folders (lancher app settings backup).

Titanium backup was once a gold standard of android backup apps, but as it is not being developed since 2019, it can't handle split apks and doesn't work very well with the latest android versions. So it can still be used, but not recommended.

Swift backup works well with the latest android versions, you can choose to backup your apps and data locally or on google drive or something similar. If you backup your apps in the cloud you can easily access those backups from another phone and restore them.
Backup files are encrypted too and app is proprietary one.

Neo-backup, as far as i understool does everything as Swift backup, and is open sourced.

Top Liked Posts