How To Guide The best configs for GSI roms

Search This thread

TheRomFan

Dec 25, 2021
Perform this at your own risk. You might LOSE all data on your phone.

( I'm not responsible for any damage to your device )

This is a tutorial for the best configurations to get the best from the GSI roms on the Xiaomi 11T Pro

If you are searching on a tutorial on how to install GSI roms on Xiaomi 11T Pro you can check this post

The reason why I made this guide is that there is no custom rom currently for Xiaomi 11T Pro and the only way to get custom roms is by installing a GSI rom and try to tweak with it to get it working.

List of contexts
A- Phh Settings
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎1. Fix broken audio
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎2. Fix Whatsapp audio
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎3. Turn on Double-Tap-To-Wake-Up
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎4. Enable 120Hz
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎5. Fix Auto-Brightness
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎6. FIx SMS/MMS
‏‏‎

B - Other Ways
‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 1. Installing Dolby Atmos
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏2. Fix volume steps
‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎3. Fix Vibration and Haptics
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎4. Fix 5G if you have LTE working
‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎5. Fix LTE/4G
‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎6. Fix Always-On-Display (With Low Dim fixed!)

A- Phh Settings

Open Phh Treble Settings from settings
Screenshot_20220525-194745_Pixel Launcher.png

Screenshot_20220525-194748_Pixel Launcher.png

1) To fix broken audio go to Qualcomm features and make sure "Disable soundvolume effect" is on
Screenshot_20220525-194755_Pixel Launcher.png

2) To fix broken audio on Whatsapp, Telegram, SIgnal go to Qualcomm features and make sure "Use alternate audio policy" is on

3) To fix Double tap to wake feature go to Xiaomi features and check "Enable DT2W"
Screenshot_20220525-195248_Pixel Launcher.png

4) To enable 120hz go to Misc features and click on "Force FPS" and select "1080*[email protected]"
Screenshot_20220525-195527_Pixel Launcher.png

5) To fix auto brightness go to Misc features and check on "Force alternative backlight scale"
Screenshot_20220525-195831_Pixel Launcher.png

6) To fix SMS go to IMS features and click on "Install IMS APK for Qualcomm vendor" then install the APK
Screenshot_20220525-200443_Pixel Launcher.png

B - Other Ways

1) Install Dolby Atmos using Magisk by flashing this file

2) Fix the volume steps by flashing this file using Magisk

3) To fix vibration you need to reboot your phone after you have applied the changes on section A and search for "vibration" on settings and click on "Ring Vibration"
Screenshot_20220526-083439_Pixel Launcher~2.png

Then deselect all the switches and then select them all
Screenshot_20220526-083703_Pixel Launcher.png

4) If LTE/4G is working for you. You can flash this file using Magisk to get 5G

5) If LTE/4G is not working go to Settings < Network and Internet < Sims < Preferred Sim 1 or 2 < Access point names and click on the "+" icon on top corner of the screen
Screenshot_20220527-104600_Pixel Launcher~3.png

Then manually enter your sim's provider APN and click on the three points and save -You can check it from your provider's website-
Screenshot_20220527-104851_Pixel Launcher.png

Do the same for MMS and save it. You will suppose to have mobile data working!

6) FIx Always-On-Display
You can now fix always on display and set the statusbar height to a value that covers the hole punch by flashing this magisk module by diogotc.
1655138047861-png.5636935

Know Issues​

Currently the issue that I am still experiencing with GSI roms are:

1. GCam can record up to 1080p 60fps. 4K is not working.
2. The proximity sensor is not working always especially in AOD, So I recommend to disable DT2W (A- Phh Settings step 3).

Credits:
Google -AOSP-
Phhusson -Phh Treble Settings-
diogotc -Making an overlay to solve some problems in the GSI roms for this device-
Me -Making this tutorial-

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220525-200110_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220525-200110_Pixel Launcher.png
    199.1 KB · Views: 914
  • Screenshot_20220527-104600_Pixel Launcher~2.png
    Screenshot_20220527-104600_Pixel Launcher~2.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20220527-104851_Pixel Launcher.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

TheRomFan

Dec 25, 2021
Thank you for information. Some questions:

1. Haptic works?
2. You said "minimilise bags" – which bags?
3. What ROM do you use?

PS: where can I find step by step instruction to setup GSI for 11T Pro?

Thank you so much
1. Yes I explained how to fix in the post above
2. I just saw 3 or 4 bugs such it bugs a bit when I change from/to dark mode
3. Pixel experience plus
4. Here is the link for how to install GSI

Last edited:

vince.

Aug 28, 2012
Constanta
hello what gcam do you recommend? app + config?
also, i can't get root. i flahsed patched boot.img and in magisk manager it says ramdisk yes but installed no. i tried multiple boot.img files but with no luck. base miui 12.5.0.5 global.
also the autobrightness adjustes the brightness too high
i don't have xiaomi settings in phh treble settings.
aod works but brightness is very very low i can barely see anything

can you help me with some of my issues? i'm using pixel experience plus as well

Ailton2541

Apr 12, 2022
hello i have a question how can i fix the charging so that it is fast charging i have the crdroid gsi s20 fe thank you

diogotc

May 20, 2018
OnePlus 3T
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Hi, thanks a lot for your tutorial, it fixed most issues!

However, I've noticed two things:
  • The proximity sensor doesn't seem to be working. I've used the Sensors app to check it, and it always says 5.0cm no matter what. This means the Always On Display is always on, and doesn't turn off if it's in your pocket or face down on a table (which at night is annoying, since the light bleeds out from the transparent case).
  • The auto brightness fix makes the Always On Display very very dim, which renders it pretty useless since it can't be seen at an angle. I've had to avoid doing that fix for that reason, but it's very annoying that now auto brightness is just not working correctly.

It'd appreciate if anyone could find a fix for these issues. Everything else works perfectly (except for Android Auto, which I found a fix, see below).

Also, since Android Auto isn't installed as a system app, it shows "Connection error 22" when you plug it into the car and doesn't work. The fix is to convert it to a system app. I've used Lucky Patcher for this, but it was a bit sketchy, so if you find another way, go for it (and reply here so I know next time). EDIT: TheRomFan mentioned below that you can use the Systemizer Magisk Module.

Since it might be relevant, I'm using Pixel Experience Plus Slim.

Last edited:

TheRomFan

Dec 25, 2021

• The proximity sensor doesn't seem to be working. I've used the Sensors app to check it, and it always says 5.0cm no matter what. This means the Always On Display is always on, and doesn't turn off if it's in your pocket or face down on a table (which at night is annoying, since the light bleeds out from the transparent case).
  • The auto brightness fix makes the Always On Display very very dim, which renders it pretty useless since it can't be seen at an angle. I've had to avoid doing that fix for that reason, but it's very annoying that now auto brightness is just not working correctly.

It'd appreciate if anyone could find a fix for these issues. Everything else works perfectly (except for Android Auto, which I found a fix, see below).

Also, since Android Auto isn't installed as a system app, it shows "Connection error 22" when you plug it into the car and doesn't work. The fix is to convert it to a system app. I've used Lucky Patcher for this, but it was a bit sketchy, so if you find another way, go for it (and reply here so I know next time).

Since it might be relevant, I've using Pixel Experience Plus Slim.
Yes I know as this is an Generic System Image with phh's patch to make it work on maximum android phones.
Some of these issues can be reported to Phh and he will try fix it.
So I guess we will have to wait untill he releases an update to fix these issues
For system apps you can systemizer magisk module to install apps as system.

Reactions: diogotc

diogotc

May 20, 2018
OnePlus 3T
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I've created an overlay for this device, which fixes the status bar not covering the entirety of the cutout and the brightness of the AOD being low (you still need to enable the alternate brightness scale on settings).

I've opened a PR on the phh's overlays repo, but it still hasn't been merged.
Meanwhile, you can use this overlay by flashing the attached Magisk module, or building it yourself from the PR.

In case someone is interested (even if it's not for this device), I'll leave here the build instructions (these are not required, you can just use the attached zip file).

Keep in mind I'm using Linux, so build instructions might be a bit different for Windows/Mac.

Start by cloning my repository in the mi11tpro branch:

Bash:
git clone https://github.com/diogotcorreia/vendor_hardware_overlay.git -b mi11tpro

Then build the overlay for this device (alternatively you can build all of them by omitting the folder):

Bash:
./build/build.sh Xiaomi/Mi11TPro

This will generate an APK that'll be written to build/treble-overlay-xiaomi-mi11tpro.apk.

You can now put this in the attached Magisk module (unzip it first), by replacing the APK there with the built APK.
Then, zip it again, and make sure the root of the zip file is not a folder but the actual files of the module.

Attachments

• xiaomi11tpro-overlay-magisk.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 41

Top Liked Posts

Unfortunately I can't try because of bootloader unlock error 1004 damn
    Try if it's not already done:
    Last version of Mi unlock
    https://en.miui.com/unlock/index.html
    or
    "This error occurs when we don’t put the original SIM card that we used to sign in to our MI account. This error is also known as device verification failed as the SIM card that we used to verify our account is either not inserted or switch to different one."
    Mi unlock tool, i wanted to start process to start the counter of the 7 days, but i can't reach that phase.
    The process starts in the phones settings when you add your phone to the mi account, after 7 exact days then you can only unlock
    I've created an overlay for this device, which fixes the status bar not covering the entirety of the cutout and the brightness of the AOD being low (you still need to enable the alternate brightness scale on settings).

Meanwhile, you can use this overlay by flashing the attached Magisk module, or building it yourself from the PR.

In case someone is interested (even if it's not for this device), I'll leave here the build instructions (these are not required, you can just use the attached zip file).

Keep in mind I'm using Linux, so build instructions might be a bit different for Windows/Mac.

Bash:
    git clone https://github.com/diogotcorreia/vendor_hardware_overlay.git -b mi11tpro

Then build the overlay for this device (alternatively you can build all of them by omitting the folder):

Bash:

This will generate an APK that'll be written to build/treble-overlay-xiaomi-mi11tpro.apk.

You can now put this in the attached Magisk module (unzip it first), by replacing the APK there with the built APK.
    Then, zip it again, and make sure the root of the zip file is not a folder but the actual files of the module.

Bash:

Bash:

Thank you for your effort in developing this overlay and posting it here I will update it in the post with your credit.

Also, since Android Auto isn't installed as a system app, it shows "Connection error 22" when you plug it into the car and doesn't work. The fix is to convert it to a system app. I've used Lucky Patcher for this, but it was a bit sketchy, so if you find another way, go for it (and reply here so I know next time).

Yes I know as this is an Generic System Image with phh's patch to make it work on maximum android phones.
    So I guess we will have to wait untill he releases an update to fix these issues
    I think that depends or more than just notifications, I haven't figured it out yet, but that's unrelated to the overlay since it also happened before.

As you can see, I'm using the overlay and I get the centered clock on AOD, using Pixel Experience (screenshot through ADB):
    View attachment 5636935
    I restarted it twice and got it centered.
    Thank you.
    Unfortunately I can't try because of bootloader unlock error 1004 damn
    Try if it's not already done:
    Last version of Mi unlock
    https://en.miui.com/unlock/index.html
    or
    "This error occurs when we don’t put the original SIM card that we used to sign in to our MI account. This error is also known as device verification failed as the SIM card that we used to verify our account is either not inserted or switch to different one."
    Perform this at your own risk. You might LOSE all data on your phone.

( I'm not responsible for any damage to your device )

This is a tutorial for the best configurations to get the best from the GSI roms on the Xiaomi 11T Pro

If you are searching on a tutorial on how to install GSI roms on Xiaomi 11T Pro you can check this post

The reason why I made this guide is that there is no custom rom currently for Xiaomi 11T Pro and the only way to get custom roms is by installing a GSI rom and try to tweak with it to get it working.

List of contexts
    A- Phh Settings
    ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎1. Fix broken audio
    ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎2. Fix Whatsapp audio
    ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎3. Turn on Double-Tap-To-Wake-Up
    ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎4. Enable 120Hz
    ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎5. Fix Auto-Brightness
    ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎6. FIx SMS/MMS
    ‏‏‎

B - Other Ways
    ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 1. Installing Dolby Atmos
    ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏2. Fix volume steps
    ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎3. Fix Vibration and Haptics
    ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎4. Fix 5G if you have LTE working
    ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎5. Fix LTE/4G
    ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‎ ‎6. Fix Always-On-Display (With Low Dim fixed!)

A- Phh Settings

Open Phh Treble Settings from settings
    Screenshot_20220525-194745_Pixel Launcher.png

Screenshot_20220525-194748_Pixel Launcher.png

1) To fix broken audio go to Qualcomm features and make sure "Disable soundvolume effect" is on

2) To fix broken audio on Whatsapp, Telegram, SIgnal go to Qualcomm features and make sure "Use alternate audio policy" is on

3) To fix Double tap to wake feature go to Xiaomi features and check "Enable DT2W"
    Screenshot_20220525-195248_Pixel Launcher.png

4) To enable 120hz go to Misc features and click on "Force FPS" and select "1080*[email protected]"
    Screenshot_20220525-195527_Pixel Launcher.png

5) To fix auto brightness go to Misc features and check on "Force alternative backlight scale"
    Screenshot_20220525-195831_Pixel Launcher.png

6) To fix SMS go to IMS features and click on "Install IMS APK for Qualcomm vendor" then install the APK
    Screenshot_20220525-200443_Pixel Launcher.png

B - Other Ways

1) Install Dolby Atmos using Magisk by flashing this file

2) Fix the volume steps by flashing this file using Magisk

3) To fix vibration you need to reboot your phone after you have applied the changes on section A and search for "vibration" on settings and click on "Ring Vibration"
    Screenshot_20220526-083439_Pixel Launcher~2.png

Then deselect all the switches and then select them all
    Screenshot_20220526-083703_Pixel Launcher.png

4) If LTE/4G is working for you. You can flash this file using Magisk to get 5G

5) If LTE/4G is not working go to Settings < Network and Internet < Sims < Preferred Sim 1 or 2 < Access point names and click on the "+" icon on top corner of the screen
    Screenshot_20220527-104600_Pixel Launcher~3.png

Then manually enter your sim's provider APN and click on the three points and save -You can check it from your provider's website-

Do the same for MMS and save it. You will suppose to have mobile data working!

6) FIx Always-On-Display
    You can now fix always on display and set the statusbar height to a value that covers the hole punch by flashing this magisk module by diogotc.
    1655138047861-png.5636935

Know Issues​

Currently the issue that I am still experiencing with GSI roms are:

1. GCam can record up to 1080p 60fps. 4K is not working.
    2. The proximity sensor is not working always especially in AOD, So I recommend to disable DT2W (A- Phh Settings step 3).

Credits:
    Google -AOSP-
    Phhusson -Phh Treble Settings-
    diogotc -Making an overlay to solve some problems in the GSI roms for this device-
    Me -Making this tutorial-

Bash:

Bash:

Bash:

Bash:

Thank you for your effort in developing this overlay and posting it here I will update it in the post with your credit.

I think that depends or more than just notifications, I haven't figured it out yet, but that's unrelated to the overlay since it also happened before.

As you can see, I'm using the overlay and I get the centered clock on AOD, using Pixel Experience (screenshot through ADB):
    View attachment 5636935
    I restarted it twice and got it centered.
    Thank you.