Accessories The best protection for your Galaxy S23 Ultra from Texas - Caseborne by ArmadilloTek [SPONSORED]

Search This thread

hand-filer

It wasn't the Monarch, I don't think that one even existed at the time. I was using the Maverick. They looked cool but just fell apart. The price tags on the new cases make sure that I'll never give them another shot. Not when I can get this case or a Tough Armor around $20.
I just ordered a Tough Armor to tide me over until my dbrand Grip arrives. A great ''bang for your buck'' case.

Reactions: EtherealRemnant
Jings, look at all the desperate pleas for freebies....biggest thread on here says it all
There is nothing wrong with wanting freebies. If it's offered and you manage to get one, then all good. I actually use this case as my daily driver and I love it. The protection is great, the feel is good and easy to hold. Perfect? No, not for everyone, but it works for me and I don't see the need to use anything else (even though I have a few other cases that I did pay for and feel that this one gives me the most piece of mind).

Reactions: EtherealRemnant

willverduzco

User Experience Admin
Staff member
Apr 30, 2010
Manassas, VA
Be careful both of you @wolfu11 @hand-filer I complained at the beginning and was told it was off topic to complain in the thread by a mod. To complain you have to PM the marketing team on xda. Now I hope I don't get in trouble again.
Nobody's in trouble for reporting a thread -- and in fact, we appreciate that legitimate concerns were voiced. When this was brought to my attention, I worked with Karl to pivot the thread to something that doesn't conflict with Amazon's TOS. We are thankful to our community for pointing this out, and we are also thankful to Karl for being adaptable and willing to change the thread to make sure everything was above board. Thanks all!

Last edited:

EtherealRemnant

Been using this case over a month now and zero issues. For those worried about it "permanently damaging the device" as was reported earlier, when you remove it, you can see the imprint of the foam backing a little bit but it comes right off, as expected with a glass back. I was able to rub it off with my finger in a matter of seconds, total nothingburger.

My phone has also taken a few spills, some of them face first. Zero damage to the phone or the case.

My only gripe after using it for these past weeks is that it's a pain to remove. You can't just pop it out, you have to remove the outer shell first. For us men who don't have fingernails, this can be very frustrating. Fortunately most people won't have to remove their cases all that often, I just like to try different prepaid carriers which involves switching SIMs more often than most would. It has offered ample protection for my phone and that's what counts.

Reactions: Talderon
Been using this case over a month now and zero issues. For those worried about it "permanently damaging the device" as was reported earlier, when you remove it, you can see the imprint of the foam backing a little bit but it comes right off, as expected with a glass back. I was able to rub it off with my finger in a matter of seconds, total nothingburger.

My phone has also taken a few spills, some of them face first. Zero damage to the phone or the case.

My only gripe after using it for these past weeks is that it's a pain to remove. You can't just pop it out, you have to remove the outer shell first. For us men who don't have fingernails, this can be very frustrating. Fortunately most people won't have to remove their cases all that often, I just like to try different prepaid carriers which involves switching SIMs more often than most would. It has offered ample protection for my phone and that's what counts.
The foam backing imprinting the back of the phone. I agree, nothingburger. Anyone that says otherwise needs to learn how to clean their phones.

As for the difficulty of removing the case. Yes, I agree that it can be difficult, however, most people that go for a Rugged Case are not prone to removing the phones.

Trick to getting your phone out of this case is to start in the Lower Right corner of the case. You will see a slight inner bevel there and that makes getting it loose initially easier than anywhere else. Once you have that separated from the top frame, just run your finger up the right side to "break away" the outer case from the inner frame and it just comes out.

Hope that helps! :D

EtherealRemnant

The foam backing imprinting the back of the phone. I agree, nothingburger. Anyone that says otherwise needs to learn how to clean their phones.

As for the difficulty of removing the case. Yes, I agree that it can be difficult, however, most people that go for a Rugged Case are not prone to removing the phones.

Trick to getting your phone out of this case is to start in the Lower Right corner of the case. You will see a slight inner bevel there and that makes getting it loose initially easier than anywhere else. Once you have that separated from the top frame, just run your finger up the right side to "break away" the outer case from the inner frame and it just comes out.

Hope that helps! :D
Yeah I noticed the cutout and I use it but it's still a challenge. I have taken to using an old gift card to help pry it off lol.

iloveco

Nov 22, 2010
Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD
Here are my case & screen protector. The VEGO case & Gatatol curved screen protector work excellent together with NO lift of screen protector. FPS works EVERY time with no problems. Like that the case has a sliding cover for the camera. Was hesitant to use liquid to apply screen protector but the installation was easy & flawless (have one tiny bubble on side but that was my fault) & looked up the removal process which looks fairly easy.
Gatatol Samsung S23 Ultra Screen Protector.jpg
VEGO Samsung S23 Ultra Case.jpg

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
Here are my case & screen protector. The VEGO case & Gatatol curved screen protector work excellent together with NO lift of screen protector. FPS works EVERY time with no problems. Like that the case has a sliding cover for the camera. Was hesitant to use liquid to apply screen protector but the installation was easy & flawless (have one tiny bubble on side but that was my fault) & looked up the removal process which looks fairly easy.View attachment 5992971View attachment 5992973
That case looks like something the "Borg" would generate!
People gotta know who the Borg are...right?

Mneuenschwander

Dec 19, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Overall, I love this case. I've had my 23U for 10 days. Only two things for comment: 1) the kick stand is weird for holding - probably because I'm used to the 5 year old popsocket from my Note10+. 2) I wish this had a sliding lens cover.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (To Mod/admin, We have talked to the marketing guy for this thread, and got approved, please don't delete)

It is Karl from Caseborne by ArmadilloTek Inc.
    I'm a guy from Texas with a passion for creating the best-rugged phone case. After years of success with our beloved Vanguard case, I took a risk and redesigned it to make it even better. I focused on making it more modern and simple while providing the crazy rugged protection you need. The result? A case that's 20% lighter and thinner but just as tough as ever.

321984498_714161287002887_56388931357043853_n.jpeg
    81HyHlTCxBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Despite creating one of the best-rugged cases out there, not many people know about us. It takes a lot of money and marketing skills to break through in this competitive market.
    There are many brands that brag about how durable their cases are, but neither of them shows you anything.
    I don't have money or marketing skills, all I can do is smash my phone in my cases.
    Hopefully, people will give us their business.
    Check my video (ignore how silly I am)

You can get it on Amazon.com with 20% off - Coupon AMDTEK20​

Link to Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/1460D775-1A15-4DFA-85F8-2C011737DC2C

One More Thing

I understand someone hates to use cases, so I created another brand www.thinborne.com, which is super thin and made of aramid fiber. 0nly 0.03 inches thick and 0.46 oz!
    If you guys know about latercase or Pitaka, yes, we are better!
    As we do a 3-round quality check on every single case, and we are a U.S. small business with families living in Texas!
    GALAXY S23 ULTRA.png

There is a story about the real reason. Join the group you will know! (Yes, I am a special troll).

You can get it on Amazon.com with 20% off - Coupon AMDTEK20​

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BSK3TVQ2 $44.98

After a few hours with the caseborne, it's not a bad case. Solid grip. Glass screen protector sits nicely within the case. Padded corners help with drops. Elevated front edges to help keep screen from touching surfaces if placed screen down. Camera cutout seems large enough fit camera lens protector if you wanted too. kickstand locks nicely in place. Buttons are used with ease.

Cons:
    It's huge. Probably more cause the phone is huge too. The outer protective rubber is very stiff. Removing the s pen isn't smooth.

Over all. Not a bad case or design. Changes I would make would be to put a softer outer rubber surround. And add magnetic options.
    Thank you, Karl, for modifying the thread direction -- and thank you to everyone who messaged me.

We appreciate your great cases, the coupon codes, and your continued support of our community!
    I've used this one before and it leaves a permanent imprint on the glass on the back of your phone. This happened with my s21 Ultra. Once that happened I promised myself I'd never use these cases again. A case should not damage your phone.
    Here are my case & screen protector. The VEGO case & Gatatol curved screen protector work excellent together with NO lift of screen protector. FPS works EVERY time with no problems. Like that the case has a sliding cover for the camera. Was hesitant to use liquid to apply screen protector but the installation was easy & flawless (have one tiny bubble on side but that was my fault) & looked up the removal process which looks fairly easy.View attachment 5992971View attachment 5992973
    That case looks like something the "Borg" would generate!
    People gotta know who the Borg are...right?