The best remote control apps for android TV-box in 2014

Search This thread

LDenis

Sep 5, 2014
Hi everyone. I hope one of you can help me out here.Can you advice me the best remote control apps and launchers for my Minix neo-x7? I'm looking for the apps which can give me an opportunity of controlling my TV-box just through my phone. I've found one launcher for minix, but it was built for tablets and in some apps on my phone there appear problems with the display resolution.
Any ideas?
Thanks for participating

Last edited:

LDenis

Sep 5, 2014
additional information

Have you tried the MINIX Android Remote App (RK) <www*minix*com*hk/Apps.htm> ?

Thank you for your attention. i tried RK app , but it is too old app (at about 4 years) and it works unstable on my phone. i've also googled and found Logitech Harmony app but there is one problem - it works only with google tv. Don't you know another remote control apps which will be interesting and useful for me?:confused:

Thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited:

spaceR87

Sep 4, 2009
First of all, your minix neo x7 need to be rooted.

You can use DroidMote as mouse pad, keyboard, mic, remote for music/video and game controler. It's connected by Wifi.

These options work perfect but the game controler not so much.

If you want to see DroidMote working, Just search for DroidMote on YouTube.

Have Fun!

Rick

Sent from my SM-G900F

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

The game controler will work but not so smooth as a real game controler. :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-G900F

LDenis

Sep 5, 2014
First of all, your minix neo x7 need to be rooted.

You can use DroidMote as mouse pad, keyboard, mic, remote for music/video and game controler. It's connected by Wifi.

These options work perfect but the game controler not so much.

If you want to see DroidMote working, Just search for DroidMote on YouTube.

Have Fun!

Rick

Sent from my SM-G900F

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

The game controler will work but not so smooth as a real game controler. :thumbup:

Sent from my SM-G900F

Thank you for your advice - but i have problem with DroidMote. When i try to install it the programm asks abot access to the root files. so smartphone block it all times((( i realy do not know how to root my fone and will it be justified action.

spaceR87

Sep 4, 2009
You need to install the DroidMote Client on your phone and the DroidMote Server on your Minix neo x8.

In my opinion only the server (Minix) need root access. If you check at the play store, at the bottom of the page, you can see the rights that the app needed. Only the server asks for 'full access of memory and phone options' and the client not.

If your Minix neo X8 is not rooted, just check on YouTube 'how to root Minix neo x8' But follow the instructions carefull.

another option is: search at dx.com for a cheap android keyboard with mousepad.

Send from my SM-G900F

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
If you don't do too many crazy stuffs like gaming, 3d map zooming navigation etc.. just basic operations control nagivation then RK app version 2.02 is all you need. it works well on all my galaxy phones (s3,s4,note2,nexus) and tablet (note 10.1 2014).

wmiki75

Oct 27, 2011
If I want to play games, on my stick (GTA3, Asphalt) which controller, do you suggest, for the device?

typk

Sep 12, 2009
If you don't do too many crazy stuffs like gaming, 3d map zooming navigation etc.. just basic operations control nagivation then RK app version 2.02 is all you need. it works well on all my galaxy phones (s3,s4,note2,nexus) and tablet (note 10.1 2014).

There is a version 2.03 which i use on my Nexus 5 without any issues, the app isn't particularly polished but it gets the job done. I can post the link to the newer version if you want?

neoman4426

Nov 7, 2010
Not sure if it's the best, but I rather like Able Remote. Have to temporarily spoof the box to appear to be a Google TV to the Play Store (or obtain the app that goes on the box elsewhere and sideload) to install Able Remote for Google TV on the box and install the regular Able Remote on the phone. There are some sections in the remote that will be useless unless you're on an actual Google TV, channels for instance, but the keyboard and mouse modes work well, and there's even a launcher on the remote where you can choose what app on the box to launch. Could pin your most used ones on one of the pages of the remote.

compyy

May 7, 2011
Hello,

Can you share the Able Remote for Google TV apk, i can't find it on the internet.

Not sure if it's the best, but I rather like Able Remote. Have to temporarily spoof the box to appear to be a Google TV to the Play Store (or obtain the app that goes on the box elsewhere and sideload) to install Able Remote for Google TV on the box and install the regular Able Remote on the phone. There are some sections in the remote that will be useless unless you're on an actual Google TV, channels for instance, but the keyboard and mouse modes work well, and there's even a launcher on the remote where you can choose what app on the box to launch. Could pin your most used ones on one of the pages of the remote.

kraceyC

May 22, 2015
I would suggets you buy a key board with touch pad, I have been struggling with my Tronfy xbmc media player a lot before i bought a keyboard.

Reactions: angrynerd

Bandusix

Jul 26, 2016
You should go here to find this app that can use mouse in the Fire TV and other android box, and also can sideload the app from its app center, I use it for my MXQ box, nice!
http://www.cetusplay.com/

dog.png

ipad.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You should go here to find this app that can use mouse in the Fire TV and other android box, and also can sideload the app from its app center, I use it for my MXQ box, nice!
    http://www.cetusplay.com/

dog.png

ipad.png
    I would suggets you buy a key board with touch pad, I have been struggling with my Tronfy xbmc media player a lot before i bought a keyboard.