The Best S8+ Tempered glass screen protector and installation

Search This thread

Shan89

Oct 23, 2012
Just buy liquid crystal and enjoy the phone.

My previous s7e was front and back with liquid crystal not a single scratch, s8+ the same.

Main pros of crystal are it doesn't get smudges like screen protectors it's smoother under finger...way smoother then even stock and it wipes extremely easily.

On a side note I'm using both phones with official LED flip covers.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

dtomlin

Mar 31, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
My OTAO popped off in my pocket. I emailed them and used the contact link on their website. Now to see how their replacement policy works.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fridaycider

Aug 10, 2009
How much bulk does it add overall, any pics?

Only the bulk of glass on front and rear . I should have took pics but I've removed the front as I had a whitestone dome already ordered and wanted to get it on.
If not I'd gladly have left it on as it looked like there was nothing on it .
Would recommend it though and would buy again .

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

How much bulk does it add overall, any pics?
I ended up with a slim case also so I took it off . Just felt more grippy with a case .
But it you love the naked look it definitely ticks all boxes .
Just too slippy for me as I always work in the wet .

Reactions: kxdaorbit

InMoment1

May 26, 2017
What is the census on best buy screen protector?

I had nillkin screen protector and ringke fusion case but after my phone fall unlickily on the edge, screen broke. Now I have different case (some cheap chinese but with higher side bazels) and looking for screen protector. I have second nillkin atm but it's not very fit.. on one side, "glue" is not holding.
I have ordered 3 different cases but suggestion for that is also appriciated.. so, case that is not too massive and has sides higher.

Thank you

gerryl432

Feb 16, 2016
What is the census on best buy screen protector?

I had nillkin screen protector and ringke fusion case but after my phone fall unlickily on the edge, screen broke. Now I have different case (some cheap chinese but with higher side bazels) and looking for screen protector. I have second nillkin atm but it's not very fit.. on one side, "glue" is not holding.
I have ordered 3 different cases but suggestion for that is also appriciated.. so, case that is not too massive and has sides higher.

Thank you
I think the glue around the edges is key. I have had this phone for 3 months and still can't find a glass screen protector that will stick for over a week. The dirt will accumulate underneath and is impossible to prevent it. Maybe a non glass protector is the answer but anymore input from other s8+ edge owners would be greatly appreciated. I also have a OtterBox leather strada flip case that has been working out very well

RebelShadow

Oct 12, 2006
Sulphur, LA.
I think the glue around the edges is key. I have had this phone for 3 months and still can't find a glass screen protector that will stick for over a week. The dirt will accumulate underneath and is impossible to prevent it. Maybe a non glass protector is the answer but anymore input from other s8+ edge owners would be greatly appreciated. I also have a OtterBox leather strada flip case that has been working out very well
Whitestone Dome Glass

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: gerryl432

rstrk

Mar 25, 2018
Hello guys.
Just bought my S8 Plus and I am currently looking for a suitable screen protection. It seems that the best results you will get with the Loca UV adhesive. Whitestone Dome seems to be the best option, but a bit too pricey for me. I would like to buy the glue and the tempered glass protector separately and apply them by myself. As for the glue, I plan to buy the Loca 2500 version (e.g. the bottle with 10ml for 2.18$ from aliexpress).
However I am having problems with choosing the right glass. I prefer the U-shaped version like with the Whitestone (front camera, sensors and speaker are not covered). From what I've read I should look for a glass without a dot martix and preferably with oleophoebic coating. There are just too many of noname brands to choose from.
I am planning to buy from Aliexpress since it would be cheaper, but German Ebay or Amazon is fine too.
Can someone help me with this buying decision?
Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The verizon branded S8+ screen protector is great quality, cheap and easy to install. (I purchased it for $26 on the VZW website)
    All you have to do is clean up your phone real nice

Then set it inside of the guide piece that comes in the box.

Take off the plastic from the sticky side and set the screen protector on the guide.

Push down on the protector and take off the plastic from the upper side of the protector and BOOM you're done.

It fits in cases without lifting and doesn't cover any of the sensors.

The only complaint I would have is that you can see some dots in direct sunlight but that's a non-issue if you turn the brightness up or just don't be in direct sunlight :cool:

Let me know what you guys think. I recommend you try one for yourself. Looks better in person. sorry for the giant pics

If you have any questions about it let me know. Oh and there are no dead spots for touch and it responds no loss in sensitivity.

More pics by request

i've tried of dozens of screen protectors, i can say that i have one otao screen protector(amazon) as far, i am currently using it and it works well, the touch matrix built in make phone sensitive like before ,really like it .
    Yes..because it is your own product...

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using XDA-Developers Legacy app
    Very interested in how this works out.

Here is the finished product. With the case on, you can't even tell I have a screen protector on it. I will say the LOCA is an absolute mess to deal with and clean up. Especially since without the Whitestone kit, I had to guess how much to use, and I wanted to use too much and clean up rather than use too little and. It be able to cover the screen. I wound up with either a piece of lint or a tiny bubble on the edge, but it only shows up on white screens. I'm VERY happy with the results. By the way this TGSP had the microdots and they completely disappear with the LOCA.
    So I was extremely frustrated with my Verizon protector that I was ready to crumble the thing under my boot and be done with it. As a last ditch effort last night, I had a random idea. Because the protector seems to have the properties of plastic more so than glass, I decided to use heat to try to flex the protector. I removed it and ran it under hot water while applying pressure to bend the sides of it towards the back of the phone. You can easily tell that its not glass... it flexed way too far.

Anyway , I did this for about ten minutes, flexing it at the center with some light force. I reapplied and it is holding so much better now. The responsiveness is back and there's no more clicking. I think both sides are actually contacting the glass. Just some advice for anyone who is having the same issues I had.
    somehow I feel like all of these "new improved" versions are coming out of the same warehouse

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWVHSS5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

purchased this one, and i was very happy. went on no issue, sticks perfectly. zero loss of touch sensitivity.

it's just another floating glass protector. they all suck. better off with PET film than this.