Hey y'all, glad to see that there's been a way to make it work!
I've been doing the following but still can't seem to get out of bootloop, can anyone help out? (@arutsuro @MarcoGalaxySM-X205 @keksas3 @DJBhardwaj
1. Grab the firmware package "X200XXU1AVC1" and unzip
2. Unzip the AP tar file
3. Extract boot.img, send to device, and patch with magisk 24.3
4. Replace boot.img with the newly patched one (renamed to boot)
5. Create a tar file from the AP folder using
tar -C AP_folder -cvf AP_patched.tar .
6. Get tab to download mode, open Odin v3.14 and add BL, HOME_CSC, and the AP_patched.tar
7. Flash via Odin, exit download mode, enter stock recovery, factory reset
After step 7 is where I get stuck in bootloop, anything seem off to you? My plan now is to repatch boot.img after flashing the stock AP again and retry.
So this is pretty weird, I went to test if it's because of the way I'm creating the tar file, so I extracted the stock AP and made a new tar file from the extract. In Odin, I see the following when I try to flash with the tar I created (no patch applied):
All of these skipped files are the ones present in the AP tar, which is why I think I keep getting stuck in the loop. If I use the stock AP file, these parts aren't skipped. Does anyone have some advice on how to properly generate this tar file?