[THE] Colour Focus Cabs - incl. landscape, comm & audio manager - NEW BURGUNDY

Search This thread

drsquid

May 10, 2007
Toronto
I have downloaded some of the focus color change files from XDA and found that they were very incomplete, missing many of the other 'green' elements in vanilla black manila, so I made a new one, which includes the focus elements for the landscape icons too. It also has a reg edit to change the enlarged start menu and task manager highlights to gray.

PLEASE NOTE THESE FOCUS FILES ARE INTENDED TO BE USED ON STOCK HTC TF3D MANILA - I cannot gurantee how they will work with Sprint TF3D etc

This is a new thread tidying up my original one with reserved posts below to add the additional colours and images (and as a Canadian I am going to spell colour 'correctly' !)

I have Light (powder) Pink and Blue, Red and Orange so far. Charcoal, purple, light yellow, hot pink, light green, blue and more will follow over the next few weeks.

I will also be seeing if there is an easy way to change the focus colours in the HTC Camera and Album apps

Full theme creators feel free to use my files, though please a) PM if you going too, and b) credit me somewhere

Please report any bugs glitches to me and I will fix them. I am aware that some of my colours have lost the 'gloss' look of the highlights, I will work to return that more in my future colours

EDIT small fix in red focus for opera highlight red to match other reds

EDIT I will be fixing up a few pixel errors (can only be seen if you look closely) on some of the coloured button icons

EDIT Purple focus is updated slightly, the highlight on the opera focus has been toned down

EDIT I am still having problems with the focus on the opera globe - I have removed carbon and aqua cabs for now until I solve the issue. If anyone downloaded them and used them can you please report either by posting here, or by PM, if the focus on the opera globe worked for you.

EDIT Carbon and Aqua focus v2 uploaded with opera globe bug fixed

EDIT Dark Green and Dark Blue focus, see cab files in post below screen shots

EDIT **NEW** Burgundy Focus, see cab files and screens in post #6

THIS WRAPS UP MY FOCUS WORK FOR REGULAR MANILA. I am now working on porting these to Rhodium/Topaz Manila, and making sure I include all the new highlight and focus bits in the new Manila and the Rhodium finger menu etc. These versions will be CFC compressed

Attachments

• Deep_Purple_Focus.CAB
    736.7 KB · Views: 421
  • Gold_Focus.CAB
    570.9 KB · Views: 373
  • Carbon_Focus_v2.CAB
    489.3 KB · Views: 807
  • Aqua_focus_v2.CAB
    444.8 KB · Views: 440
Last edited:

drsquid

May 10, 2007
Toronto
I am also creating mini cabs to change the colour of the tab behind the icons on the lower curtain, if you want that to match my focus colours

*UPDATED* Some new colours added, see post 6 for the Gold one

Attachments

• OrangeTab.cab
    33.7 KB · Views: 355
  • RedTab.cab
    33.7 KB · Views: 463
  • LPinkTab.cab
    33.7 KB · Views: 233
  • LBlueTabv3.cab
    33.7 KB · Views: 455
  • Blue_Tab.CAB
    44.1 KB · Views: 252
  • Burgundy_Tab.CAB
    44.1 KB · Views: 131
  • Deep_Purple_tab.CAB
    44.1 KB · Views: 138
  • Dark_Green_tab.CAB
    44.1 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

drsquid

May 10, 2007
Toronto
Orange screen shots...for other colours I will just be posting two screens so you can see what the colour looks like on a dark and light BG

Attachments

• orange7.jpg
    orange7.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 422
  • orange4.jpg
    orange4.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 834
  • orange1.jpg
    orange1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 738
  • Orange6.jpg
    Orange6.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 382
  • orange5.jpg
    orange5.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 251
  • orange3.jpg
    orange3.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 299
  • orange2.jpg
    orange2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:

drsquid

May 10, 2007
Toronto
Here are the shots from the additional colours. Some will not be showing the optional tab colour

Attachments

• pinkfocus1.jpg
    pinkfocus1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 400
  • ligthblue1.jpg
    ligthblue1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 749
  • lightblue4.jpg
    lightblue4.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 415
  • pinkfocus7.jpg
    pinkfocus7.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 249
  • Red1.jpg
    Red1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 552
  • Red2.jpg
    Red2.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 465
  • aqua2.jpg
    aqua2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 162
  • aqua1.jpg
    aqua1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

drsquid

May 10, 2007
Toronto
reserved for future additional files

Attachments

• carbon2.jpg
    carbon2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 374
  • carbon1.jpg
    carbon1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 472
  • gold2.jpg
    gold2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 145
  • gold1.jpg
    gold1.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:

drsquid

May 10, 2007
Toronto
More Colours

Attachments

• Dark_Blue_Focus.CAB
    509.4 KB · Views: 588
  • Dark_Green_Focus_.CAB
    412.8 KB · Views: 205
  • Bur02.jpg
    Bur02.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Bur05.jpg
    Bur05.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 251
  • Burgundy_Focus.CAB
    450.7 KB · Views: 282
  • Gold_Tab.CAB
    44.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

whiteblazer01

Feb 20, 2007
Hi, I currently have the Dark Red theme (found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2560150&postcount=661), but I am trying to add all the little things such as selection colors.

I've extracted the Comm Manager selection buttons from the Xen Red theme (found here: http://www.archy.net/2008/11/15/xen-theme/), I've attached them here if anyone else wants them.

What I'm looking for is the selection for the Comm Manager in this type of red. Here are a few screenshots of my current red selection. If possible, I would like the Comm Manager to match.

CapScr0001%20(2).bmp
CapScr0002%20(2).bmp

CapScr0003%20(2).bmp
CapScr0004%20(2).bmp

Thanks!

Attachments

• Status_On_Disable.png
    Status_On_Disable.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 13,446
  • Status_On.png
    Status_On.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 13,439
Last edited:

drsquid

May 10, 2007
Toronto
Here is my current Comm Manager selection. I would like it to match the images above.

CapScr0005%20(2).bmp

the comm and audio manager focus files are not 'manila' files - they are simply png's in your windows folder on the device (at least they are on my ROM), so just changing the manila files doesn't change everything. Here are the file names that you need to edit

SIPMenu_BottomMenuItem_HL.png
SIPMenu_BottomMenuItem_HL_LS.png
SIPMenu_MenuItem_HL.png
SIPMenu_MenuItem_HL_LS.png
SIPMenu_TopMenuItem_HL.png
SIPMenu_TopMenuItem_HL_LS.png
Status_On.png
Status_On_Disable.png
L_Button_Down.png
L_Button_Focus.png
option-check-box-on.png
P_Button_Down.png
P_Button_Focus.png
P_Symbol_lock-lightOFF.png
P_Symbol_lock-lightON.png
Progressbar_L.png
Progressbar_P.png
Save_to_contact_checkbox_Check.png
ses_btn_eq_chked.png
ses_slr_bar_2f.png
ses_slr_bar_2lf.png
ses_slr_thumb_2f.png

It seems like for example on the audio manager you have the highlight is the dark red, yet the buttons are a brighter red, and on the comm manager the highlight is grey and the selector is red...

try copying those files from your phone and opening them in PS and you should be able to copy the colour levels from an image that is the correct red and apply it to the others.

If you are sucessful uploading a zip to this thread with the above files in the dark red would be great

I was probably going to be getting to making a dark red version or my cab, but not for a while

BTW what thread did you get the new task bar icons from etc

frederikk

Mar 22, 2008
Hi, like the idea, but is it possible to go back if it doesn't fit me anymore ? Is there a way to uninstall the cab and restore orignal color ?
Thanx.

Ciao
Fred

ascorpion

Mar 24, 2007
great job! I've experinced here that all focus cabs arent completed. I just instaled your file and i am suprised.
unfortunately i dont find a colour for me. Would be great to see complete blue focus, not Light Blue.

whiteblazer01

Feb 20, 2007
the comm and audio manager focus files are not 'manila' files - they are simply png's in your windows folder on the device (at least they are on my ROM), so just changing the manila files doesn't change everything. Here are the file names that you need to edit

SIPMenu_BottomMenuItem_HL.png
SIPMenu_BottomMenuItem_HL_LS.png
SIPMenu_MenuItem_HL.png
SIPMenu_MenuItem_HL_LS.png
SIPMenu_TopMenuItem_HL.png
SIPMenu_TopMenuItem_HL_LS.png
Status_On.png
Status_On_Disable.png
L_Button_Down.png
L_Button_Focus.png
option-check-box-on.png
P_Button_Down.png
P_Button_Focus.png
P_Symbol_lock-lightOFF.png
P_Symbol_lock-lightON.png
Progressbar_L.png
Progressbar_P.png
Save_to_contact_checkbox_Check.png
ses_btn_eq_chked.png
ses_slr_bar_2f.png
ses_slr_bar_2lf.png
ses_slr_thumb_2f.png

It seems like for example on the audio manager you have the highlight is the dark red, yet the buttons are a brighter red, and on the comm manager the highlight is grey and the selector is red...

try copying those files from your phone and opening them in PS and you should be able to copy the colour levels from an image that is the correct red and apply it to the others.

If you are sucessful uploading a zip to this thread with the above files in the dark red would be great

I was probably going to be getting to making a dark red version or my cab, but not for a while

BTW what thread did you get the new task bar icons from etc

Thanks for the info, I'll try that, however, what formatting do I need to have for the png files? I can try to just open an existing file and edit it and hope the formatting stays. I'm pretty proficient in Photoshop.

Regarding the task bar icons, credit goes to tsowen here.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=588794

picture2zt1.png

drsquid

May 10, 2007
Toronto
Thanks for the info, I'll try that, however, what formatting do I need to have for the png files? I can try to just open an existing file and edit it and hope the formatting stays. I'm pretty proficient in Photoshop.

No formating, just open and edit, if you change the one layer....of course additional layers need to be merged etc, then just save it again

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Can i put in a request for a Boring Grey-ish selection?

Trying to keep the Tradition of DFereira's All-Black Cooking.

(For those that know him)

Greetz,

whiteblazer01

Feb 20, 2007
No formating, just open and edit, if you change the one layer....of course additional layers need to be merged etc, then just save it again

I backed up ALL my .png and .bmp files from my \Windows\ directory onto my computer, and I'm not sure which files are relevant to the Comm Manager selection image. I looked at all the files you mentioned above, but many of them are different icons. The only ones that seem like they may work are P_Button_Down.png and P_Button_Focus.png.

On another note, I can't find the red selection images I currently have on other areas of the phone. Is there another directory I should look in?

frederikk

Mar 22, 2008
you just uninstall the cab and restart TF3d in the today screen (or soft reset) and you are back to whatever your ROM has stock

Thank you :)
Another question, do you think it can be compatible with the blackstone ? Perhaps there are some icons not present on the diamond :(
But i will give a try on my diamond :)

Ciao
Fred