the current image(boot/recovery) have been destroyed

Search This thread
Jul 26, 2020
Hi, I am stuck at this. I have held every key combination for more than 1 min, but this won't budge. What to do??. It says the Current image is destroyed and cannot boot

Attachments

• WIN_20220712_17_32_24_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20220712_17_32_24_Pro.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: denizdenix

the_brick_guy

Jul 23, 2022
Islamabad
OnePlus 8
Hello! This thread looks a more lively so posting it here. Any guidance for fixing my device is highly appreicated.

Device: OnePlus 8 IN_2015_11 OSS12/Android12

sagarbhola

Jun 23, 2015
i got my issue fixed by following these two instructions.

1st you need to make sure you can boot into fastboot mode.

then follow the instructions in following vedios.

1. (
)

if you run into any problem then follow this one below.

2. (
)

hope you get your issue fixed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I updated my oneplus 8t to KB2005_11.C.11 (OOS 12 ) by first booting to twrp-3.6.1_11-0-kebab.img and then flashed the KB2005_11_C_OTA_1100_all_362b9b_10100001.zip.
    After the upgrade I had no mobile data on t-mobile and had Volte instead of 5g network icon .
    Istupidly tried to boot to twrp-3.6.1_11-0-kebab.img using fastboot in order to install the zip once more and thats when the things went south.
    It intially was stuck in bootloader mode and after multiple retries it is now showing the following error message

"the current image(boot/recovery) have been destroyed"

Any advice to restore back to stock from here?
    TWRP will not boot up on OOS 12. Worse, it sometimes switches slots in the process (trying to fall back to the previous slot).
    So, if you can get to bootloader, try changing slots and booting system (NOT recovery).
    If that doesn't work, MSM is your friend.
    TWRP will not boot up on OOS 12. Worse, it sometimes switches slots in the process (trying to fall back to the previous slot).
    So, if you can get to bootloader, try changing slots and booting system (NOT recovery).
    If that doesn't work, MSM is your friend.
    MSM has been failing for me with sahara communication failed. i have been able to extract boot.img from stock image of 12 beta using dumper and flash it and it is not stuck on bootloader or recovery anymore, i can even adb shell and see directories but its is not completely up. need a way to dirty flash the zip again for whihc i think i need to wait for TWP of OOS 12. or keep trying the MSM
    Bill thanks for the udpaye
    after restoring the boot.img and wiping out data i was able to get up to new setup screen and accept OP agreement screen and it would then hang.
    subsequently
    i tried to flash all the imgs as per the instructions you shared above.
    almost all of them failed with either of these errors
    remote: 'Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions'
    OR
    'fastboot: error: Could not check if partition abl has slot all'

After a few images that i could flash to slot a and b now the phone can only be in bootloader or recovery mode cant go beyond that.
    You only flash boot, recovery, and dtbo in bootloader mode. All the others must be flashed in fastbootd mode.
    Given the errors you had I don't think you did that, right?
    You only flash boot, recovery, and dtbo in bootloader mode. All the others must be flashed in fastbootd mode.
    Given the errors you had I don't think you did that, right?
    Bill Many thanks , you are a genius!
    I missed the fastbootd part. After trying again, I was able to quickly flash everything except the LPDDR4X / LPDDR5 memory chip flash because i didnt know which memory was there.
    it is now up and running fine.
    I owe you a coffee , thanks again

one more thing i noticied after upgrade is that executing the following command to find the memory type does not return anything. its blank , neither 0 nor 1 . i am not sure what is wrong.
    adb shell getprop ro.boot.ddr_type

i still dont have 5G or mobile data with OO12. i want to flash the OOS12 again but dont see an option
    ----
    If you run getprop | grep ddr you'll see the ddr type of your device: 0 is ddr4, 1 is ddr 5.
    Remember this so that next time you know which xbl files to flash.
    that entry is missing in getprop. there is no entry for ddr is what i am saying.
    ===edit====

I rolled back to OOS 11 using the APK you shared earlier from oneplus and have everything working back now.
    apparently getprop | grep ddr =0 so i have LPDDR4X ( this is a more common chip for OP8T anyway)
    all good. it was a good roller coaster ride for a day :)
    Bill Thanks again