Question The current state of this device in the community

Search This thread

TheXGS

Jul 31, 2021
I'm not too familiar with this community or android rooting in general but I still want to see what I can do. I want to know more than just the state of rooting, is there a way to unlock the boot loader, is there a way I can remove some (if not all) of the preinstalled spyware and replace it, what can I do to better protect my privacy? I figured I'd check out this community as this is where I was lead when I wanted to root my old Kindle Fire and since this community doesn't just direct to sketchy proprietary tools like kingroot (or maybe you all do, IDK I haven't been here very long). If I could remove alot of the spyware/bloatware I wouldn't be as concerned with rooting or flashing a custom rom as those would be just nice to have if I could get the preinstalled OS to be more privacy focused. I know I can't really escape google since they're embedded right into android but what can I do about Samsung? If I can't do anything on the device I would still like to know if there is a list of domains I could block using a pi-hole. Thanks if anyone has any info, also my phone is from the T-Mobile distribution, I feel like that probably matters.

Reactions: BagusPambudi

TheXGS

Jul 31, 2021
The reason I specified replace is that I already tried this and it broke nearly everything, for example:
despite the fact I have a different keyboard, all keyboards broke, I couldn't get the keyboard to show up.

The entire OS became very unstable

LR7875

Jun 25, 2021
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad
The reason I specified replace is that I already tried this and it broke nearly everything, for example:
despite the fact I have a different keyboard, all keyboards broke, I couldn't get the keyboard to show up.

(Sentence removed for stopping confusion)
Without TWRP, replacing the OS will be impossible.
Maybe downgrade to a older phone that has greater custom ROM support.

Last edited:

TheXGS

Jul 31, 2021
Too bad, Samsung is bricking every debloated device, which is quite horrible.
Without TWRP, replacing the OS will be impossible.
Maybe downgrade to a older phone that has greater custom ROM support.
Wait, de bloating can get the device bricked?
I was able to fix it by just reinstalling everything from pm

yomuppet

Jan 4, 2012

I think you removed things that shouldn't have been, or you didn't have the alternate app (e.g. keyboard) set as default. If you look at my post history, you can find the debloat list that I posted, which is 100% safe to remove without affecting the usage in any way whatsoever.

More aggressive debloating is possible, sure, but you risk breaking some things. You can always reinstall whatever you removed with "pm install-existing" as long as you used -k when you removed.

financeledger

May 31, 2021
I'm not too familiar with this community or android rooting in general but I still want to see what I can do. I want to know more than just the state of rooting, is there a way to unlock the boot loader, is there a way I can remove some (if not all) of the preinstalled spyware and replace it, what can I do to better protect my privacy? I figured I'd check out this community as this is where I was lead when I wanted to root my old Kindle Fire and since this community doesn't just direct to sketchy proprietary tools like kingroot (or maybe you all do, IDK I haven't been here very long). If I could remove alot of the spyware/bloatware I wouldn't be as concerned with rooting or flashing a custom rom as those would be just nice to have if I could get the preinstalled OS to be more privacy focused. I know I can't really escape google since they're embedded right into android but what can I do about Samsung? If I can't do anything on the device I would still like to know if there is a list of domains I could block using a pi-hole. Thanks if anyone has any info, also my phone is from the T-Mobile distribution, I feel like that probably matters.

It can be rooted with Magisk V23.0 but you need to unlock the bootloader first.

The bootloader is unlockable up to V3 but this is a paid service.

To get rid of this bloatware i would suggest you flash an unlocked firmware.

tavella

Oct 24, 2007
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
You can always flash a SM-A326U1 XXA ROM (https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/g...M-A326U1/XAA/download/A326U1UEU3AUF2/1558540/) by using a patched version of ODIN 3.13.1 or later. I was able to do this using ODIN 3.1.4 3B

I now have a TMO SM-A326U without any preinstalled TMO bloat. The XAA rom did not install any TMO software that I noticed at a high level and seems like a plan stock A32 5G.

Just make sure the SM-A326U1 baseband is the same version or high than the installed SM-A326U. The base band number will be the 5th to last number in on the About page under baseband.

Edit * I was checking my computer and noticed I had the SM-A326U1 roms for XAA and TMK. I can’t recall if XAA gave me an issue during the flash and I needed to use TMK, but the end result is, my A32 5G has no TMO bloatware installed.

I hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

financeledger

May 31, 2021
You can always flash a SM-A326U1 XXA ROM (https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/g...M-A326U1/XAA/download/A326U1UEU3AUF2/1558540/) by using a patched version of ODIN 3.13.1 or later. I was able to do this using ODIN 3.1.3 B3

I now have a TMO SM-A326U without any preinstalled TMO bloat. The XAA rom did not install any TMO software that I noticed at a high level and seems like a plan stock A32 5G.

Just make sure the SM-A326U1 baseband is the same version or high than the installed SM-A-326U. The base band number will be the 5th to last number in on the About page under baseband.
Ill try this out i been using the USC FW no bloatware whatsoever

TheXGS

Jul 31, 2021
You can always flash a SM-A326U1 XXA ROM (https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/g...M-A326U1/XAA/download/A326U1UEU3AUF2/1558540/) by using a patched version of ODIN 3.13.1 or later. I was able to do this using ODIN 3.1.4 3B

Just make sure the SM-A326U1 baseband is the same version or high than the installed SM-A326U. The base band number will be the 5th to last number in on the About page under baseband.

Edit * I was checking my computer and noticed I had the SM-A326U1 roms for XAA and TMK. I can’t recall if XAA gave me an issue during the flash and I needed to use TMK, but the end result is, my A32 5G has no TMO bloatware installed.

I...
Don't understand this lingo
can someone explain

TheXGS

Jul 31, 2021

So I can flash a de-bloated version of the version of the OS?

tavella

Oct 24, 2007
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
I...
Don't understand this lingo
can someone explain
The XAA and TMB are what are referrred to as CSC codes. Each carrier has their own:
  • ACG – Nextech/C Spire
  • ATT – AT&T
  • CCT – Comcast
  • LRA – Bluegrass Cellular
  • SPR – Sprint (CDMA)
  • TFN – Tracfone
  • TMB – T-Mobile
  • USC – US Cellular
  • VMU – Virgin Mobile USA
  • VZW – Verizon
  • XAA – USA (unbranded/unlocked/default)
  • XAS – USA (unbranded/unlocked)
ODIN is software used to flash firmware on to Samsung devices while in Download mode. I believe you need to use a patched version of ODIN to cross flash devices. Regular ODIN will most likely error out during the flashing process.

The SM-A326U is a carrier branded device which is why you will probably not find a ROM with a CSC code of XAA for these devies.

The SM-A326U1 I believe is the carrier unlocked version of the device. Regardless of the CSC you flash, don’t expect to get SM-A326U TMB flashed with the SM-A326U1 XAA firmware to enable OEM Unlock in the Developer Settings. It hasn’t appeared for me and I wouldn’t expect it to.

Please feel free to correct any of my assumptions above. I’m an iPhone guy using this phone with my ASUS router as a failover if my ISP goes down. Just tinkering with it from time to time.

Last edited:

financeledger

May 31, 2021
The XAA and TMB are what are referrred to as CSC codes. Each carrier has their own:
  • ACG – Nextech/C Spire
  • ATT – AT&T
  • CCT – Comcast
  • SPR – Sprint (CDMA)
  • TFN – Tracfone
  • TMB – T-Mobile
  • USC – US Cellular
  • VZW – Verizon
ODIN is software used to flash firmware on to Samsung devices while in Download mode. I believe you need to use a patched version of ODIN to cross flash devices. Regular ODIN will most likely error out during the flashing process.

The SM-A326U is a carrier branded device which is why you will probably not find a ROM with a CSC code of XAA for these devies.

The SM-A326U1 I believe is the carrier unlocked version of the device. Regardless of the CSC you flash, don’t expect to get SM-A326U TMB flashed with the SM-A326U1 XAA firmware to enable OEM Unlock in the Developer Settings. It hasn’t appeared for me and I wouldn’t expect it to.

Please feel free to correct any of my assumptions above. I’m an iPhone guy using this phone with my ASUS router as a failover if my ISP goes down. Just tinkering with it from time to time.
OEM unlock wont appear on the A326U.

The SM-A326U1 XAA & SM-A326U1 USC should be the debranded versions.

The XAA FW causes CSC to revert Whilst the USC doesnt.

Theres is NO XAS FW for this device.

TheXGS

Jul 31, 2021
  • ACG – Nextech/C Spire
  • ATT – AT&T
  • CCT – Comcast
  • SPR – Sprint (CDMA)
  • TFN – Tracfone
  • TMB – T-Mobile
  • USC – US Cellular
  • VZW – Verizon

So from my understanding:
There is a tool known as ODIN, this can be used to flash new roms

and from what I seem to know
I am most likely running a TMB version of the ROM as it was the default for my phone as it is a TMobile OEM version

So my question is now this:
How can I get a working version of ODIN
Where can I find a safe XAS rom to flash

I don't know if my phone is unlocked, if my phone is still locked to TMobile, could this mess with anything?

I am using SM-A326U not SM-A326U1, I assume the 1 version is unlocked?

tavella

Oct 24, 2007
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
So from my understanding:
There is a tool known as ODIN, this can be used to flash new roms

and from what I seem to know
I am most likely running a TMB version of the ROM as it was the default for my phone as it is a TMobile OEM version

So my question is now this:
How can I get a working version of ODIN
Where can I find a safe XAS rom to flash

I don't know if my phone is unlocked, if my phone is still locked to TMobile, could this mess with anything?

I am using SM-A326U not SM-A326U1, I assume the 1 version is unlocked?
ODIN is the software used to flash ROMS on to Samsung devices. You will want to look for ODIN 3.1.4 3B Patched On the forums or a search engine. The patched version of ODIN will allow you to flash ROMS with different CSC codes. It removes this restriction.

You are correct that the CSC code for your device is TMB. The CSC codes I listed above are some examples, not a complete list. There are no XAS CSC ROMs for this device that I am aware of, just as financeledger stated.

Your Samsung A32 5G is actually the SM-A326U model, but the SM-A326U1 roms also work on these phones, provided you use the patched ODIN. Only the SM-A326U1 has a XAA CSC rom which is bloat free. I have not tried the USC variant but I switched between the SM-A326U TMB and SM-326U1 XAA ROMs and back last night without any issues. You can find the ROMS at Sammobile.com SM-326U1 Roms it will be the third one in the list with the carrier name of Unknown https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/g...M-A326U1/XAA/download/A326U1UEU3AUF2/1558540/

VersionAndroid 11
Changelist21672463
Build dateThu, 03 Jun 2021 06:20:56 +0000
Security Patch Level2021-05-01
Product codeXAA
PDAA326U1UEU3AUF2
CSCA326U1OYM3AUF2

Doing this will not unlock the phone in any way, shape, or form. All this does is provides you with an A32 5G without any carrier bloat. The boot loader still cannot be unlocked and the sim will remain locked until you’ve met T-Mobile’s conditions for unlocking.

I’d recommend on reading up on how to use ODIN properly as you can brick your device if it is not used correctly. Feel free to reply back if you still have questions. I’m not knowledgable enough to understand what financeledger meant when they said the CSC gets reset using the XAA vs USC rom. Hopefully they can provide some additional details regarding that.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    One last question:
    If I fail and do brick my Phone

Is it possible to use normal ODIN to flash a normal TMB rom back onto my device and un-brick it
    or is there any other way out of a brick?

If there is no way to escape from a brick then I would like to know what causes a brick (besides just a random error caused by some random factor) so I can avoid it
    Lets make sure you don't soft brick it...

Go to Settings , About Phone, Software Information. On build number you'll see something like i.e RP1A.200720.012.A326U1SQU3AUE7 .....

To skip a soft brick you can only cross flash to that certain number you have ...

Example if your on A326U1UEU3AUF2 then yes you can flash A326USQU3AUE7 because your its the same version.

And yes to get out of a soft brick just flash the Original stock ROM tru Odin.