Question The current state of this device in the community

Search This thread

yomuppet

Jan 4, 2012
Stupid question - if you cross flash TMB to another, the OEM unlock will still be gone/greyed?

tavella

Oct 24, 2007
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
Ok
to be sure I get it right:

Here is what I shal do:
1: Download https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/patched-odin-3-13-1.3762572/
2: Download the XAA ROM for the SM-A326U
3: Flash the ROM with ODIN
4: Hope I don't brick my phone

Is this right?
Basically that is it. When you get the SM-A326U1 XAA rom, it will be a zip file with five md5 files inside. They will begin with BL, AP, CP, CSC, and HOME_CSC. In ODIN, there will be spots for each of these files to be placed. CSC will result in a factory reset while HOME_CSC will preserve your user data.

The ODIN app is likely to freeze after selecting certain files for flashing, the AP in particular. Let ODIN do it’s thing, it will take a few minutes.

You might want to watch a YouTube video just to get an idea of how the process works. It’s easier than I’m making it out to be, but it’s your device and not my own. I’d rather you do a little research instead of possibly bricking your phone.

Here’s a screenshot of how ODIN should look with the files selected for flashing and the XAA ROM contents in the background.
0BAE5FBA-74D0-4281-A274-B6A890967AD2.jpeg

Last edited:

TheXGS

Jul 31, 2021
One last question:
If I fail and do brick my Phone

Is it possible to use normal ODIN to flash a normal TMB rom back onto my device and un-brick it
or is there any other way out of a brick?

If there is no way to escape from a brick then I would like to know what causes a brick (besides just a random error caused by some random factor) so I can avoid it

financeledger

May 31, 2021
One last question:

Is it possible to use normal ODIN to flash a normal TMB rom back onto my device and un-brick it

If there is no way to escape from a brick then I would like to know what causes a brick (besides just a random error caused by some random factor) so I can avoid it
Lets make sure you don't soft brick it...

Go to Settings , About Phone, Software Information. On build number you'll see something like i.e RP1A.200720.012.A326U1SQU3AUE7 .....

To skip a soft brick you can only cross flash to that certain number you have ...

Example if your on A326U1UEU3AUF2 then yes you can flash A326USQU3AUE7 because your its the same version.

And yes to get out of a soft brick just flash the Original stock ROM tru Odin.

Reactions: tavella

Metconnect2000

Dec 5, 2015
Moto G 5G

Go to Settings , About Phone, Software Information. On build number you'll see something like i.e RP1A.200720.012.A326U1SQU3AUE7 .....

To skip a soft brick you can only cross flash to that certain number you have ...

Example if your on A326U1UEU3AUF2 then yes you can flash A326USQU3AUE7 because your its the same version.

Is ota still working after cross-flash?

duh1

The SM-A326U1 XAA & SM-A326U1 USC should be the debranded versions.

The XAA FW causes CSC to revert Whilst the USC doesnt.
Ill try this out i been using the USC FW no bloatware whatsoever
Yes i just flashed the XAA version and it gives the same bloat ( google bloatware ew ) as the USC version
Just a tad confused, hoping to clear it up. The USC FW had no bloatware at all, or the same Google bloatware that all these seem to include?

So what is the actual difference between XAA and USC? What does reverting the CSC mean - the XAA reverts to what brand, while the USC stays USC branded, or neither is branded? I thought XAA is unbranded multi-CSC and uses the SIM to determine what CSC to load, while USC should keep that CSC, but maybe you have a better understanding.

Anyone know the difference between XAA and XAS as well, not quite sure about that either...

duh1

Doing this will not unlock the phone in any way, shape, or form. All this does is provides you with an A32 5G without any carrier bloat. The boot loader still cannot be unlocked and the sim will remain locked until you’ve met T-Mobile’s conditions for unlocking.
Are you sure about the SIM unlock? Yes the bootloader remains locked, but with SIM unlocked firmware, I've read that at least for earlier versions, that unlocked the SIM lock, but that could have been fixed at some point...

financeledger

May 31, 2021
Just a tad confused, hoping to clear it up. The USC FW had no bloatware at all, or the same Google bloatware that all these seem to include?

So what is the actual difference between XAA and USC? What does reverting the CSC mean - the XAA reverts to what brand, while the USC stays USC branded, or neither is branded? I thought XAA is unbranded multi-CSC and uses the SIM to determine what CSC to load, while USC should keep that CSC, but maybe you have a better understanding.

Anyone know the difference between XAA and XAS as well, not quite sure about that either...
USC is from USA unbranded... same as XAA but USC being the newer "CSC".

Flashing USC wont limit your modem, and ETC.

XAS doest not even appear on our folders.

Reverting the CSC means going back to whatever you had it in the FIRST PLACE probably TMB.

Hope that answers your questions.

Edit. Google Bloatware will come on all BRANDED/ UNBRANDED FW

duh1

USC is from USA unbranded... same as XAA but USC being the newer "CSC".

Flashing USC wont limit your modem, and ETC.

XAS doest not even appear on our folders.

Reverting the CSC means going back to whatever you had it in the FIRST PLACE probably TMB.

Hope that answers your questions.

Edit. Google Bloatware will come on all BRANDED/ UNBRANDED FW
Didn't I see from post #16 in this thread that USC is branded as US Cellular. Isn't it possible that you retained that as your CSC, and XAA is multi-CSC, so that firmware's CSC will show whatever SIM was last installed (reverting to that as you mentioned). Perhaps T-Mobile visual voicemail and other features won't work under USC, but will be functional under XAA, without the T-Mobile bloatware included with the original TMB branded firmware.

Can anyone confirm the U1 XAA firmware removes the SIM lock or not? Thx

Last edited:

financeledger

May 31, 2021
Didn't I see from post #16 in this thread that USC is branded as US Cellular. Isn't it possible that you retained that as your CSC, and XAA is multi-CSC, so that firmware's CSC will show whatever SIM was last installed (reverting to that as you mentioned). Perhaps T-Mobile visual voicemail and other features won't work under USC, but will be functional under XAA, without the T-Mobile bloatware included with the original TMB branded firmware.

USC is unbranded unlocked atleast google says so and i have no modem limitations.

My CSC is XAA so... but i flashed USC FW

All tmobile features CAN work on any CSC... its all about editing the cscfeature.xml and featurenetwork.xml

I got VOLTE , Native Video Calling, and more on XAA

financeledger

May 31, 2021

The U1 i believe wont remove the SIM Lock, The U will

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not too familiar with this community or android rooting in general but I still want to see what I can do. I want to know more than just the state of rooting, is there a way to unlock the boot loader, is there a way I can remove some (if not all) of the preinstalled spyware and replace it, what can I do to better protect my privacy? I figured I'd check out this community as this is where I was lead when I wanted to root my old Kindle Fire and since this community doesn't just direct to sketchy proprietary tools like kingroot (or maybe you all do, IDK I haven't been here very long). If I could remove alot of the spyware/bloatware I wouldn't be as concerned with rooting or flashing a custom rom as those would be just nice to have if I could get the preinstalled OS to be more privacy focused. I know I can't really escape google since they're embedded right into android but what can I do about Samsung? If I can't do anything on the device I would still like to know if there is a list of domains I could block using a pi-hole. Thanks if anyone has any info, also my phone is from the T-Mobile distribution, I feel like that probably matters.
    One last question: