The dell streak 10 3.2 update is out!

Search This thread

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Intro:
I will likely regret announcing this as it means the handful of S10 owners that are outside china will likely update to it and nuke any rom they have installed.

This update is like the title says, updates your S10 to 3.2, likely very similar to the version rolling out for the S7

Requirements:
  • Be on a stock recovery

Instructions:
  1. Download: Gallo_568_MR2_1.pkg
  2. Copy to 'sdcard'
  3. Install
  4. Finished

Notice:
If you are one of the S10 owners PLEASE tell me what rom you are on BEFORE updating, as the majority of them will be lost to time. I would ask for a nandroid dump or NVflash dump, but those are not currently possible at the moment.

Here's what i'm interested in:

• The rom version:
  • The build number:
  • The relative age of your s10: (if you can estimate when it left the factory)

An example: (Using this rom)
  • GALLO1A156815
  • Several weeks away from arriving still...

IF YOU CAN INSTALL IT PLEASE UPLOAD THE UPDATE.PKG.DEC FILE OR WHATEVER IT IS FOR ME, IT CANNOT BE DECRYPTED BY ME
The file should be either
  • <sdcard>update.pkg.dec
  • a file located in <sdcard>\lost_dir

Last edited:
Reactions: joe169999 and ileus

ileus

Nov 6, 2011
My ROM version is: GALLO1A154615
the build number is: 201107220948
I bought the tablet in China on 2011-09-05 from a Dell shop, and it had just arrived there, so could not have been long since it had left the factory.

Btw, the link on the post Gallo_568_201109270912_15_OTA.pkg is now broken. Says 404 at the moment.

However, I'm wondering if this is the same file though: mirror2.streakdroid.com/manii/Streak10/Gallo_568_201109270912_15.pkg? Should I use this file?

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
That's the same file, but dell re-released 568 and the file is different now (yea it's confusing)

The first 568 release was a semi-public one and anedotically there were issues with it.
The second 568 release seems to be fixed now, but I havnt actually installed it yet. It was put up about a week or so ago

My S10 arrived last week and it's also on 546, that seems to be the only shipped 3.1 rom.

The OP will be updated with the new link, but you can still get the same from using 'check for updates' from within the settings.

Be aware that 3.2 cant be rooted yet, I plan on porting CWM over some time next week, assuming there's no issues in doing it.

Reactions: ileus

Jun Austria

Oct 26, 2006
Bandar Seri Begawan
That's the same file, but dell re-released 568 and the file is different now (yea it's confusing)

The first 568 release was a semi-public one and anedotically there were issues with it.
The second 568 release seems to be fixed now, but I havnt actually installed it yet. It was put up about a week or so ago

My S10 arrived last week and it's also on 546, that seems to be the only shipped 3.1 rom.

The OP will be updated with the new link, but you can still get the same from using 'check for updates' from within the settings.

Be aware that 3.2 cant be rooted yet, I plan on porting CWM over some time next week, assuming there's no issues in doing it.

Do you have the link for this re-released version?

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
MR2 is the new one, confusingly it seems to just be the original 568 pkg repackaged or something really minor change-wise. I installed 586MR2 but it's still the same build number but the pkgs are definitely different

manakun

Oct 16, 2009
Problem updating

Can anyone guide me in updating the package file? Sorry I am a new bee.
Is there any other thread with step by step procedure?

Thanks in Advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Intro:
    I will likely regret announcing this as it means the handful of S10 owners that are outside china will likely update to it and nuke any rom they have installed.

This update is like the title says, updates your S10 to 3.2, likely very similar to the version rolling out for the S7

Requirements:
    • Be on a stock recovery

Instructions:
    1. Download: Gallo_568_MR2_1.pkg
    2. Copy to 'sdcard'
    3. Install
    4. Finished

Notice:
    If you are one of the S10 owners PLEASE tell me what rom you are on BEFORE updating, as the majority of them will be lost to time. I would ask for a nandroid dump or NVflash dump, but those are not currently possible at the moment.

Here's what i'm interested in:

• The rom version:
    • The build number:
    • The relative age of your s10: (if you can estimate when it left the factory)

An example: (Using this rom)
    • GALLO1A156815
    • Several weeks away from arriving still...

IF YOU CAN INSTALL IT PLEASE UPLOAD THE UPDATE.PKG.DEC FILE OR WHATEVER IT IS FOR ME, IT CANNOT BE DECRYPTED BY ME
    The file should be either
    • <sdcard>update.pkg.dec
    • a file located in <sdcard>\lost_dir