General The Display issue Thread....(color fade, flickering, tints)

Search This thread

Cydras

Apr 20, 2011
Saarwellingen
I received my 3rd device yesterday and that's finally great. The display is really good and has no color shift. The only thing that remains are the blue waves when you tilt the device, but they are much smaller than the previous device.
I keep that now :)

I also seem to be the only one at work who had the problem, 4 other colleagues already have a Pixel 6 and everything was good with the first device, I also looked at them. But each one has the blue waves when tilting, sometimes one more, sometimes one less.

Kontex

Nov 29, 2013
So, should I return my pixel 6 or wait for a fix? The green tint is some software or calibration issue as it changes with the screen orientation and the display content. Picture one has a brightness spot top left, in picture two the brightness spot disapperas, true black keyboard is shown as black) It is best visible with low brightness and activated extra dark mode . I've no issuse with higher brightness levels.

20210824170253.jpg

20211124200840.jpg
20210824170246.jpg20211124201759.jpg20211124201823.jpg

Last edited:

badaas

Feb 28, 2008
Google Pixel 4a
Google Pixel 5
Glad I returned mine without even opening box, I had same issues with Xiaomi mi 9 way back when... this P6 is starting to sound like a rebranded mi9 with a sh%t ton of cameras bolted on the back.. good luck all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Had a conversation with Google Support, they are telling me it's normal OLED Color change out of different angles but where the **** is this rainbow thing a normal color change LOL
    Clearly they cut corners with the display. It's the same quality they used for the 5a ($449), it behaves exactly the same with the rainbow effect. For the P6 and 5a I have it's barely noticeable, not bad enough that I would go exchange them. I am paranoid when it comes to screens. When I asked my wife (who has the 5a now) to look at this on both phones, she asked me what I'm talking about and told me that I should get a life ( lol ).

After all, I paid the same price for two phones that I paid for the S21 Ultra, which definitely has not such issues (or any of the OnePlus phones I owned). Well, the S21 Ultra had other issues that I won't dive into.

If it's true that the P6 Pro does not have the issue I might look into exchanging the P6 for a P6 Pro.
    if you get a chance and have a BB or Target close by, do yourself a favor and check out the demo units to see if they have the same tint. I did and it's not a solution but comforting to see that they all have this to some degree. It's just not a Samsung or OnePlus display on these. I only paid $599 for mine so I ignore it - until I come across this thread again - ;)
    Yeah when I tested these in the store the regular pixel 6 had a yellowish white screen like mine (very different from the OnePlus 6t I came from which was way more blue-white). But it was way bright in the store so I didn't know if I could test the low brightness grey/green tint. I'll try tho! Worth a shot!
    Finally came across several users saying they don't have the rainbow/colour shifting issue so there is hope that a replacement would be better!

https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/qiyoz5
    Yeah when I tested these in the store the regular pixel 6 had a yellowish white screen like mine (very different from the OnePlus 6t I came from which was way more blue-white). But it was way bright in the store so I didn't know if I could test the low brightness grey/green tint. I'll try tho! Worth a shot!
    put your long coat on, go to the store and lean over the device to get it dark enough. then run when they call the police - lol
    I just returned my pixel 6 to cpw store and got a exchange this one so far doesn't seem to have the green hue down left side