• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

The end of Tamsui devices

Search This thread

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
My fellow Tamsui device user.

This moment has arrived sooner than we thought. A lot of our top developers is giving up on developing for Tamsui devices - Xperia E, J, Miro, Tipo. They are either too busy or bought a new device. If you observe the Xperia J,E,Miro, Tipo forum these days, you can see that theres not much going on. In the worst case scenario, we might be moved to the Legacy Low Activity Device section.

The time has come. And to be honest, I doubt that we can alter this situation.
Its been a great journey customizing Tamsui devices with you guys.
To those who can't afford newer devices , including myself: Lets enjoy our device while it still last, and hope for the best.

Sent from my C1605 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: mai77

NSDCars5

Feb 17, 2013
Over there
nsood.in
You know, rather than complaining about lack of devs, we could just as easily become devs ourselves. I mean, look at yourself (*pokes you* Look! Look!) - Nexboost! There are older devices with more devs, cause the people who own the devices actually want to do something to get something, not just download and flash and ask if the camera is working now. So... yeah. If you want development, do development, get ROM, be happy. :p

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
You know, rather than complaining about lack of devs, we could just as easily become devs ourselves. I mean, look at yourself (*pokes you* Look! Look!) - Nexboost! There are older devices with more devs, cause the people who own the devices actually want to do something to get something, not just download and flash and ask if the camera is working now. So... yeah. If you want development, do development, get ROM, be happy. :p

Im not complaining. This is more like a statement/announcement.

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
The way you say it, it sounds rather final.

"Tamsui's rotting, and you can't do anything about it." << is what you get across.

"Tamsui may be rotting, but we can together fix it." << is, in my opinion, ideal.

Haha lol... You're right, that IS what I was actually trying to get across. Personally, I do believe the end is near. But I was stating the fact that Tamsui is rotting, not complaining about it. And the whole "we have no hope thing" is just me being pessimistic I guess.

Phalangioides

Dec 9, 2013
It's quiet around here, because the bugs in cm11 are very, very hard to fix and devs have to study or do something else, so they don't have much time to spend on it.

As for all tamsui devices - they were already outdated when they were released, and that was in 2012. Now in 2014 you can get a mid-end device for a rather low price, or buy a flagship device like I did.

But look around - there is still some activity and also look how many roms, kernels and modifications there are.

Reactions: doperthancoke

doperthancoke

Jul 22, 2013
It's quiet around here, because the bugs in cm11 are very, very hard to fix and devs have to study or do something else, so they don't have much time to spend on it.

As for all tamsui devices - they were already outdated when they were released, and that was in 2012. Now in 2014 you can get a mid-end device for a rather low price, or buy a flagship device like I did.

But look around - there is still some activity and also look how many roms, kernels and modifications there are.

I've just bought this phone 2 months ago for $99 :p Thats all I could afford, and I was desperate to find a replacement for my HTC Hero, which is a 5 years old phone.

mai77

Nov 16, 2011
worst case

A lot of our top developers is giving up on developing for Tamsui devices - Xperia E, J, Miro, Tipo. If you observe the Xperia J,E,Miro, Tipo forum these days, you can see that theres not much going on. In the worst case scenario, we might be moved to the Legacy Low Activity Device section.
Lets enjoy our device while it still last, and hope for the best.

dude, there are other guys worse off:

As an SGY user, we were put into "Legacy Low Activity Device section" even when SGY was brand new and hi active !

when we complained , the admins got mad at us !

so SGY users went thru a far worse WORST CASE SCENARIO and never got out of it !!

Reactions: doperthancoke

Inceptic

Jul 28, 2013
I think will be more roms if we got fully working JB then will be more customization, new roms etc. ICS is really old, for i don't see any new port (Sony stuff) for ICS. 4.1+ still got some new stuff but it is also a matter of time before it runs out support for him.

It is only one solution about this - buy new phone.

kapil.git

May 12, 2013
delhi

This moment has arrived sooner than we thought. A lot of our top developers is giving up on developing for Tamsui devices - Xperia E, J, Miro, Tipo. They are either too busy or bought a new device. If you observe the Xperia J,E,Miro, Tipo forum these days, you can see that theres not much going on. In the worst case scenario, we might be moved to the Legacy Low Activity Device section.

Kind of Development I have seen in this section, despite Sony locking everything down is exceptional..
I have seen the community grow up with passing days ..more minded people taking up this device some bricking , then later publishing how to unbrick..

Even if the devices are legacy :fingers-crossed: you all made them legendary ..

Sony stranded us in between but with help from devs like gavster, lozochum, the AVD guy , 2010matej our devices are on ROMs smoother ; more featured, more beautiful , our kernels more fast , our recoveries being made and used ..

Kudos to Open source community .. My hope in humanity was re-kindled when I registered in XDA :laugh:

Reactions: Xp3r14J

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys We Need To Form DEV TEAM FOR 4.1.2 JB ROM VERSIONS, WE NEED MORE WE ONLY GOT CM10 AND ITS NOT EVEN FIXED PROPERLY, SO IF YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF TEAM PLEASE QUOTE BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its been a great journey customizing Tamsui devices with you guys.
    To those who can't afford newer devices , including myself: Lets enjoy our device while it still last, and hope for the best.

Im not complaining. This is more like a statement/announcement.

The way you say it, it sounds rather final.

"Tamsui's rotting, and you can't do anything about it." << is what you get across.

"Tamsui may be rotting, but we can together fix it." << is, in my opinion, ideal.

Kind of Development I have seen in this section, despite Sony locking everything down is exceptional..
    I have seen the community grow up with passing days ..more minded people taking up this device some bricking , then later publishing how to unbrick..

Even if the devices are legacy :fingers-crossed: you all made them legendary ..

Sony stranded us in between but with help from devs like gavster, lozochum, the AVD guy , 2010matej our devices are on ROMs smoother ; more featured, more beautiful , our kernels more fast , our recoveries being made and used ..

Kudos to Open source community .. My hope in humanity was re-kindled when I registered in XDA :laugh: