The Flag Galaxy S9 still has a call problem. Samsung is even facing a lawsuit!!!

Search This thread

bassgenerator

Feb 1, 2012
Banská Bystrica
I'm sorry for my english
Even though the Galaxy S9 and the Galaxy S9 are considered to be one of the best smartphones on the market, it does not mean they have no problems. In the last few weeks, users have begun to complain about phone call problems. Indicates that sound is lost during the phone call, or the call is completely dropped. Since calling is one of the basic features of a smartphone, it is understandable that users are upset.
The petitioner found that sound was lost for a few seconds during a call. At the same time, the bugs appeared with a fragmentary sound that does not allow talking to the other party and requires the call to end and call again. Additionally, the user complains that the South Korean giant has removed the ability to record calls through third party software. The applicant claims that Samsung did not inform the aforementioned facts and thus deceived its customers.
The operator told the user that the problem is not related to the network but to the device software, and assured the user that Samsung is working on updating the software to solve the problem. The complainant also turned to Samsung itself, who admitted the problem and stated that two updates had been issued to correct the bugs. according to the plaintiff, none of the updates completely solved the problems.
The complainant concluded that the call problems were not due to the software, but due to the incompatibility of the processors used in the facilities and networks in Israel. However, the action does not state how the applicant reached that view.
https://samsungmagazine.eu/2018/04/25/samsung-galaxy-s9-problem-s-hovory-zaloba/

Last edited:

jcsww

I wonder if this is just for Exynos?

Nope! I just got off the phone with Samsung Canada bout the same stuff. I bought the S9 Plus (G965W) yesterday and got an update last night. Ever since that update, call reliability and quality has been horrible. Samsung doesn't provide firmware downloads for Canadian models, at least according to their support line. I asked about flashing an older US model firmware for now and was told, that would void my warranty. I can't keep the phone with poor call quality and regularly drops calls! We shall see what their service center says tomorrow. If I don't like it, it's going back to the store I bought it from!

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Nope! I just got off the phone with Samsung Canada bout the same stuff. I bought the S9 Plus (G965W) yesterday and got an update last night. Ever since that update, call reliability and quality has been horrible. Samsung doesn't provide firmware downloads for Canadian models, at least according to their support line. I asked about flashing an older US model firmware for now and was told, that would void my warranty. I can't keep the phone with poor call quality and regularly drops calls! We shall see what their service center says tomorrow. If I don't like it, it's going back to the store I bought it from!

Wow, that sucks. I cant believe Samsung would push out something like that.

jcsww

I am pretty disappointed with them also. The phone was fine the first day. After the update to ARC1, I have more than half of my calls dropped from today dropped. The call quality is a very noticeable difference as well. It was great the first day I had it. HD Voice (VoLTE) worked, people sounded crystal clear, and calls maintained LTE. Today, people sounded muffled at times and the call quality at best, sounded like there was no treble or bass to it at all. People sounded flat and bland, including background noise.

Reactions: Scott

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
I am pretty disappointed with them also. The phone was fine the first day. After the update to ARC1, I have more than half of my calls dropped from today dropped. The call quality is a very noticeable difference as well. It was great the first day I had it. HD Voice (VoLTE) worked, people sounded crystal clear, and calls maintained LTE. Today, people sounded muffled at times and the call quality at best, sounded like there was no treble or bass to it at all. People sounded flat and bland, including background noise.

Holly crap. I would be pretty irate. I just checked my software version and I am on ARBG. This is the latest for Verizon in the US.

I just hope they dont push whatever it is you got to our phones.

Venom0642

Recognized Contributor
No issues here at all AT&T S9 Plus April patch I'm on ARD3.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using XDA Labs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180427-053820_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180427-053820_Settings.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 289

jcsww

Canadian models are usually slow to get updates. I left the service center a message last night. They should call back around 10 this morning, eastern time. A user in another thread also managed to find a link to the previous Canadian firmware. Once that downloads, I can at least force the phone back but I am probably going to try flashing the U1 first, then T-Mobile firmware. If that works, I will leave it with that.

samaxen

May 23, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I rooted and updated the modem to ard4 on my s9+. Now it's just awesome no call drops and I could also record audio directly from my phone app. See the screen shots

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180427-203305_Phone.jpg
    Screenshot_20180427-203305_Phone.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 330
  • Screenshot_20180427-202931_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20180427-202931_Settings.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 327

Trent54

Apr 28, 2018
bump for interest (including whether the newer modem software will still block my USB microphone/headphones connected via OTG).

jcsww

From what I could find about this issue. It seems to only affect the multi-carrier models with generic regional firmware. There is a video on YouTube of a guy that had issues with his S9+ on T-Mobile that he bought from BestBuy but the T-Mobile version worked fine. My Canadian unlocked version (G965W) had issues with 1ARC1. After flashing it to U1 and then to the T-Mobile carrier firmware. Everything is all good.

Reactions: QAM

ad25121048

Mar 6, 2009
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

From what I could find about this issue. It seems to only affect the multi-carrier models with generic regional firmware. There is a video on YouTube of a guy that had issues with his S9+ on T-Mobile that he bought from BestBuy but the T-Mobile version worked fine. My Canadian unlocked version (G965W) had issues with 1ARC1. After flashing it to U1 and then to the T-Mobile carrier firmware. Everything is all good.