The Galaxy Tab 2 Help Thread [Ask Any Question!]

Search This thread

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
However, there's something wrong on your end for 5+ ROMs and block based OTA zips, I bet your device was repartitioned and causing issues because of that.

If you ever like to try again you have different options now (repair system partition or try Odin flashable ROM).

Good luck ;)

ChamDK

Apr 7, 2019
However, there's something wrong on your end for 5+ ROMs and block based OTA zips, I bet your device was repartitioned and causing issues because of that.

If you ever like to try again you have different options now (repair system partition or try Odin flashable ROM).

Good luck ;)

I feel like you are right, something is wrong on my end :)

I had an old p5100 lying around - tested with same setup, it flashed roms perfectly.
Well another build for the 5100 but never the less.
I, atleast verified TWRG works and verified cable and ADB working.

ChamDK

Apr 7, 2019
Odin flashable Custom ROMs: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=293180
I hope @ChamDK once you have flashed one you won't have issues in the future using TWRP.

I'll upload one for espresso3g later too.

Simply extract the zip and flash the *.tar.md5 using ODIN.

Might add Slim and Omni too in future.

Like always:
None if my ROMs are prerooted! Read here how to root: http://andi34.github.io/faq.html

Edit for those who need Gapps:
Since there's no Gapps included, you'll have to boot into twrp (latest common TWRP included in the tar.md5 too) and flash Gapps before you boot the ROM the first time!
I recommend using Gapps by @Deltadroid, you can find them here https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/app-minimal-gapps-gapps-lp-20150107-1-t2997368 (Only use Gapps made for the Android Version of your ROM!)
Simply disable auto reboot in Odin,
once flashed wait a min.,
unplug your Tab,
now boot into TWRP using Power + Vol. combination

Hi @Android-Andi
Thanks but i can not seem to find any files on the link you provided

0 Folder(s) | 0 File(s)

no files in this folder

Looking forward to testing it :)

wrenhal

Sep 19, 2007
Hi @Android-Andi

Thanks but i can not seem to find any files on the link you provided

0 Folder(s) | 0 File(s)

no files in this folder

Looking forward to testing it :)
Yeah. Says no files for me also. 2019_04_27_11.30.12.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Like said, I wanted to make sure it works before some finds out it doesn't [emoji23]

But now I can confirm: works fine!
I've attached used Odin v3.07 on my previous post.
Flash the *.tar.md5 as PDA.

Auto reboot can be checked if you turned off your device from TWRP after wiping (before booting into download mode from powered off device). This way Auto reboot in Odin forces the Tab to boot into TWRP so you can flash Gapps if needed before system boots the first time ;)

I'll re-upload the files tomorrow.

Edit:
Re-uploaded. Files available now.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Dec 25, 2015
Issue with My tab 2

Hello , I own a p3100 and know its kind of old age device . It was working fine for over 6 +years(thanks to lineage ) .Recently i started facing an issue tab switches on stays on laucher for couple of seconds and it reboots again (unstable) .I had TWRP recovery already installed so tried booting into recovery but it doesnt go into recovery.So tried flashing other recoveries (philz touchwiz,CWM...) through ODIN it shows pass in ODIN but when booted back to recovery it is still TWRP and the same issue .Tried flashing Stock as well ,It does mark ODIN flash as PASS but it is the same lineage OS again .I guess i have a corrupted NAND .Any help will be really appreciated as i dont wanna use the tab as a paperweight

P.S.: Pardon my english .Am not really good at it :D

Hello , I own a p3100 and know its kind of old age device . It was working fine for over 6 +years(thanks to lineage ) .Recently i started facing an issue tab switches on stays on laucher for couple of seconds and it reboots again (unstable) .I had TWRP recovery already installed so tried booting into recovery but it doesnt go into recovery.So tried flashing other recoveries (philz touchwiz,CWM...) through ODIN it shows pass in ODIN but when booted back to recovery it is still TWRP and the same issue .Tried flashing Stock as well ,It does mark ODIN flash as PASS but it is the same lineage OS again .I guess i have a corrupted NAND .Any help will be really appreciated as i dont wanna use the tab as a paperweight

P.S.: Pardon my english .Am not really good at it :D
You are probably facing the EMMC bug - your Nands are read-only now (see http://andi34.github.io/faq.html). To verify, try the following:
Boot into TWRP, create a file from shell, e.g. by invoking
Code:
touch /data/test
. Then reboot into TWRP again and see whether the file is there... (to make sure your storage is not write protected).

A faulty EMMC can be repaired by replacing the mainboard (only). :(

Alan Eden

Jun 9, 2019
So I recently was trying to flash twrp on my Galaxy tab 2 (model I497) and when I flashed it then rebooted to recover I got a boot loop. In trying to fix it I unintentionally flashed twrp to boot and now it... Any help?

Alan Eden

Jun 9, 2019
I can't get it to boot to recovery. I flashed twrp to recovery first then futzed around when it just boot looped when I tried to enter recovery afterwards and ended up flashing it to boot...

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io

wrenhal

Sep 19, 2007
How would I do that? It won't boot to recovery... Sorry for the hassle still fairly new to all this
I believe you need Odin at this point and put the Tab into download mode. It's been a while since I've flashed anything to my AT&T tablet. There's not a whole lot of ROMs for it really. I fished twrp and got root on it a long time ago to remove bloatware.

wrenhal

Sep 19, 2007
How do I get it to download mode? Every time I have tried to boot it at all it boot to the first Samsung screen then crashes
I don't remember the combination, but you hold one of the volume buttons and then press and hold power until it shows download mode. All of this should be detailed here in one of the threads.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are a lot of people joining xda on daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked which fill up Development threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions. Idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in the direction where that user can find an answer and educate himself

First thing first. I strongly advise you to read THIS thread before posting ANYTHING on here

Then. Even if you do get your question answered, please, do come back and read threads in post no2 (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time and frustration it will save you in the future.

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE,adb, drivers, superCID etc...... You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! No question is stupid in this thread.

HALL OF FAME
    People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their problems/questions.
    -InfinityFTW
    -
    -
    -
    @smart-t78 compiles RR already.

About N in general:
    There is different reasons why there are no public N builds beside UA yet. Some examples: there is no need for 20 different Roms with a bunch of big bugs. We concentrate on UA to get a stable base.

I am working on fixing major bugs before all source goes public.

At the moment slim7 and omni7 both end in a softrebootloop once you connect to wifi. Same happens on Lineage 14.1 once gapps are flashed. I spend almost 1 week fixing it without luck and i am going to drop it if i dont find the reason for it soon. Logs dont give enough information... Same on 3.0 and 3.4 kernel...

Be patient and if no stupid ETAs start there is a chance seeing one or the other N Rom which source you can use.

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk
    I hope I am right here with my question:
    How does it come people use stuff from other devs as base and don't ask for permissions?
    I mean, everything is opensource and can be compiled without trouble...
    Best i have seen here recently: remove one app, add 2 other apps, sell as own work...

Don't get me wrong, I love open source and that's why I pushed everything we did on tab2 to omni, cm/lineage and Slim official.

Another note:
    IMO there's no need to use android kitchen and such stuff to bring N on Tab2. And if you are going to do so: test your stuff before it goes public to user...

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk
    Just to make a few details clear (again)
    1. Make sure that I have Samsung Tab 2 usb drivers installed on my PC
    6. Transfer both TWRP and RR by usb to my SD card in my tablet ? Or , will ODIN access them fine from my PC desktop to flash them to the tablet ?
    1. The drivers are all bundled up, i.e. not device specific here: http://developer.samsung.com/galaxy/others/android-usb-driver-for-windows
    6. You need the .img.tar file of TWRP and ODIN on your PC(!) -> start ODIN (I recommend v3.11.1 here: https://bin.samsung-firmware.org/bin/odin-3-11-1.zip) put the img.tar file in "AP" in ODIN.

First, you will use odin to flash the twrp recovery. Then, you will boot your tab in twrp and from there you will install the rom and gapps. ...
    This is correct. BUT since you (lenolver) are unrooted you have to REMOVE the "auto-reboot" checkmark in odin options and then - after the flash of twrp - reboot to recovery (TWRP) manually via holding Power+VolDown for a few seconds.
    If you do not uncheck that "auto-reboot" box, an thus allow the unrooted system (stock samsung system) to boot, it will overwrite the new twrp recovery you flashed 2 seconds before...

This is the point where I believe many confusion comes from. If you root first, any recovery you flash will not be overwritten. That is - I think - why many tutorials/tips say you must root stock first before installing a custom rom, which is simply not true.
    All ROMs have bugs, even stock ROMs have. Same on new devices. Lol.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone