The Galaxy Tab 2 Help Thread [Ask Any Question!]

Search This thread

stoph8n24

Hello everybody,
I've been using XDA as a source of invaluable information for years. I've done lots of stuff with the help of this forum, for which I'm grateful. Now it's time for me to ask a question or two.

Are you trying to recover what's on it or starting from scratch? I imagine first step is downloading TWRP and having Odin install it. I have this tablet and recently installed LineageOS MicroG and I feel it is much better without the heavy Gapps installed. Just my opinion, has been working great so far.

nissens

Jun 16, 2020
Are you trying to recover what's on it or starting from scratch? I imagine first step is downloading TWRP and having Odin install it. I have this tablet and recently installed LineageOS MicroG and I feel it is much better without the heavy Gapps installed. Just my opinion, has been working great so far.

I can start from scratch, I don't care what's on it (I mean user data, since it's not mine anyway)
Though what I saw is that Odin doesn't get past "connection setup" stage. I tried several versions and ROMs, I don't have other PC to try.
Samsung drivers are the latest, and I'm sure. Didn't install Kies since this is my only Samsung so far, and I didn't see the need.

I have a feeling I could make a raw .img transfer using ADB under Linux, but as I said, I'm no expert on Samsung devices and I don't know which partition to use. I attached the PIT drop earlier, maybe you have a clue (or perhaps a link to working image? LineageOS seems nice)

Android-Andi

Recognized Contributor
Mar 3, 2013
andi34.github.io
Anybody can elaborate? I fully understand that Galaxy Tab 2 is near abandonware today, but maybe a hint?...
Working on new 7.1 builds.
Keyboard dock should work hopefully and finally thanks to @html6405

Slim7 is compiling right now, other 7.1 ROMs will follow.

Some days ago I've already uploaded an /e/ build and also triggered new Unlegacy-Android builds.

Edit:
But yeah, private life and interests changed. Also I am missing time to work on Android like I did before.

nissens

Jun 16, 2020
Working on new 7.1 builds.
Keyboard dock should work hopefully and finally thanks to @html6405

Slim7 is compiling right now, other 7.1 ROMs will follow.

Some days ago I've already uploaded an /e/ build and also triggered new Unlegacy-Android builds.

Edit:
But yeah, private life and interests changed. Also I am missing time to work on Android like I did before.

OK, problem solved, partially thanks to you :)
It was enough to change recovery to TWRP and then install ROM of my choice. Your site helped a lot!
I didn't expect that the recovery was the actual problem, it seemed to work. Well... not that I didn't think of it, but it was kind of last possible option.
So - problem solved. As for now I went for LineageOS 13, maybe I will update it some time later. This isn't going to be my basic work tool, rather a PDF reader and music player, so I can wait a moment.

djmarvanek

Jul 2, 2020
Monument Valley not displaying correctly

I recently installed Monument Valley on my old Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

The game launches but the graphics are not displaying correctly. The game graphics are predominately pink and black.
DpVKyJb

I don't have this issue with other installed apps/games.

Posting this here in case the problem is android os related.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Device Name / Model Number = GT-P5110
Android Version = 4.2.2
Kernel Version = 3.031-1238973
Build Number = JDQ39.P5110XXDMH2
Monument Valley Game Version = 2.7.17

David

Matt117

Aug 14, 2020
Custom Recovery not working

Hi everyone,
I'm new here and to doing anything with android at all. I've been doing a lot of reading today and I thought I was good to go with trying to change the version of Android OS on my tab 2 10.1 ( model number SAMSUNG-SGH-I497) I mainly want to do this because as it is with android 4.0.4, it can't download the apps I want, so if there is a work around for that then that's all I need.

Okay so my plan was: root the device, download the custom recovery, then try and find a custom ROM and then... I think from there I can change the OS? I was able to find a root through chainfire and I believe that the device is now rooted ( when I open apps like TWRM manager it says they have been granted superuser access). However, I couldn't find any recoveries that were specifically for model SGH-I497, and since the ones I did find said they were for all types of galaxy tab 2, I figured I would try it. So, I have tried flashing a couple different files and then booting in recovery to set it as the default recovery, and the first time it got me stuck in a loop where it would show the samsung and say "booting recovery" at the top, and then after half a second shut off again. I was sure I bricked it, but after a lot of fiddling was able to get it into download mode and I flashed the same .tar I had used and it let me use the tablet again. That first time was with the newest espresso3g.img TWRM done through the app. Then I tried again with the espresso3g.img.tar ( I don't really know the difference) and flashed it straight through odin. This still wouldnt boot in recovery but I could get to download mode with the volume button this time so I flashed again to fix it. I tried one last time with an older espresso-common file again through odin, and it didn't work either. I am worried that I might do something irreversible at this point, so I figured I would ask for help here. Am I using a file that doesn't work, or am I doing something wrong? any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Reactions: ze7zez

Matt117

Aug 14, 2020
P31xx and p51xx files are not compatible with SGH-I497, flashing those files could brick your device.
For your variant there has never been really active development, not sure if any.

So basically, I'm SOL with being able to download newer apps on this tablet unless I can find a specific recovery and rom developed for this tablet? That makes sense, thanks for the help.

ze7zez

Aug 24, 2012
Kraków
nz.geoview.info

boterhoeksken

Jan 24, 2021
Hello,
as a newbie i've tried to search for a good tutorial on installing a new OS (read: most recent Android version supporting my device) on my GT2-P3100.
I've found that good tutorial here <https://lineageosroms.com/espresso3g> via another thread on this forum
I followed the tutorial, and everything went well , until the point where it says "build a LineageOS installation package. ".
I've tried a whole day of putting the puzzle peaces together on my Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, but ended up with a lot of errors.
At that point i thought: why building the ROM, if you can just download the latest build.
So i took the build at the top of the page <https://lineageosroms.com/espresso3g/#build>
LineageOS 13.0 – [ Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) ] 21-01-2018

And i tried to install that zip via TWRP .
But then i end up with the error "system partition has unexpected contents after OTA update" and "updater process ended with ERROR: 7"

Then i started to read another thread on this forum about the above error (on another device), and the discussion was about ADB versions and TWRP versions.
So my question is a bit:
How do i know
1. The lastest nightly build at the top of the page <https://lineageosroms.com/espresso3g> is still OK
2. How do i know which ADB/TWRP combination works (and do you also need to have the correct combination for the above ZIP file, or is there no relation between install file and ADB/TWRP combination?

So now my device has a recovery twrp , and i don't really know what to do next to get my GT2-P3100 again up and running :-(
My system settings:
* Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with all build tools described on <https://lineageosroms.com/espresso3g/#build> (JDK 1.7 from zulu)
*ADB (1.0.39) and fastboot (1:8.1.0) installed via apt-get-install (adb is ok, but fastboot does not list my device)
* twpr recovery 3.4.0 (this was the most recent file on the page link from the tutorial <https://dl.twrp.me/espresso3g/>)

* android kernel (reference on the tutorial :https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_espresso10/tree/cm-13.0 ) : did not know how to link to this, and how to install all tools to build this correctly (seems like a whole fuzz , and success rate is linked to the Ubuntu version you use, so i did not try (yet) )
* i found somewhere an explanation about a local manifest in roomservice.xml, and tried to add such a file with the reference to the above kernel, but i don't know how this roomservice works, so i don't think it changed something when i executed the build commands.

A couple of remarks on that good tutorial :
* There is a chicken-and-egg problem on the page <https://lineageosroms.com/espresso3g/#extract-proprietary-blobs> : if you install LineageOS for the first time, you will never be able to extract content from device.
* on the page of <https://lineageosroms.com/extracting-blobs-from-zips> : It says you need to execute the extract script in the device root dir, but that script in the CM-13 branch does not accept a parameter as input (i.e. adb commands in the script are executed , even if you add the mounted system dir from the blob as a parameter on the command line). I took a peak in a more recent extract file from the structure on <https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...890-common/blob/lineage-17.1/extract-files.sh> , but i did not want to execute that extract file, as it refers to a whole bunch of so-files which are not part of the extract file in the cm-13 branch.
* python2 needs to be installed on your system, and you need to link to it via the command "python". Otherwise you get errors during one of the build steps.

Then also a couple of question about the errors and warnings during the build process, so i understand more how it works:
* command brunch espresso3g : including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh : why is it including this common vendor setup scriptfile, if i have put all samsung files and directories (manually, since the extract script did not work) i could find on github under the directories of device and vendor ; do i need to execute some scripts so that Breakfast/Brunch knows it needs to pic the vendorscript from my device ? Since i put all those files manually: do i need to execute some script which updates all the makefiles in those directories?
* Trying dependencies-only mode on a non-existing device tree? Why do i get this warning?
* find: ‘src/com/android/cts/verifier/backup’: No such file or directory ; what is the easiest way to clean up errors like these: how do you start to search to find who needs this file, and why it is not there?
* after adding the kernel to roomservice.xml, and syncing repo, i got the following error:
error: config is different in /home/joejoe/android/lineage/device/samsung/espresso3g/.git vs /home/joejoe/android/lineage/.repo/projects/device/samsung/espresso3g.git
Why do i get this error?
* brunch espresso3g: make: *** No rule to make target '/home/joejoe/android/lineage/out/target/product/espresso3g/kernel', needed by '/home/joejoe/android/lineage/out/target/product/espresso3g/boot.img'. Stop.
What kernel do i need to include here?

Mithil17

Mar 17, 2018
Hello,
as a newbie i've tried to search for a good tutorial on installing a new OS (read: most recent Android version supporting my device) on my GT2-P3100.
I've found that good tutorial here <https://lineageosroms.com/espresso3g> via another thread on this forum
I followed the tutorial, and everything went well , until the point where it says "build a LineageOS installation package. ".
I've tried a whole day of putting the puzzle peaces together on my Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, but ended up with a lot of errors.
At that point i thought: why building the ROM, if you can just download the latest build.
So i took the build at the top of the page <https://lineageosroms.com/espresso3g/#build>
LineageOS 13.0 – [ Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) ] 21-01-2018

And i tried to install that zip via TWRP .
But then i end up with the error "system partition has unexpected contents after OTA update" and "updater process ended with ERROR: 7"

Then i started to read another thread on this forum about the above error (on another device), and the discussion was about ADB versions and TWRP versions.
So my question is a bit:
How do i know
1. The lastest nightly build at the top of the page <https://lineageosroms.com/espresso3g> is still OK
2. How do i know which ADB/TWRP combination works (and do you also need to have the correct combination for the above ZIP file, or is there no relation between install file and ADB/TWRP combination?

So now my device has a recovery twrp , and i don't really know what to do next to get my GT2-P3100 again up and running :-(
My system settings:
* Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with all build tools described on <https://lineageosroms.com/espresso3g/#build> (JDK 1.7 from zulu)
*ADB (1.0.39) and fastboot (1:8.1.0) installed via apt-get-install (adb is ok, but fastboot does not list my device)
* twpr recovery 3.4.0 (this was the most recent file on the page link from the tutorial <https://dl.twrp.me/espresso3g/>)

* android kernel (reference on the tutorial :https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_espresso10/tree/cm-13.0 ) : did not know how to link to this, and how to install all tools to build this correctly (seems like a whole fuzz , and success rate is linked to the Ubuntu version you use, so i did not try (yet) )
* i found somewhere an explanation about a local manifest in roomservice.xml, and tried to add such a file with the reference to the above kernel, but i don't know how this roomservice works, so i don't think it changed something when i executed the build commands.

A couple of remarks on that good tutorial :
* There is a chicken-and-egg problem on the page <https://lineageosroms.com/espresso3g/#extract-proprietary-blobs> : if you install LineageOS for the first time, you will never be able to extract content from device.
* on the page of <https://lineageosroms.com/extracting-blobs-from-zips> : It says you need to execute the extract script in the device root dir, but that script in the CM-13 branch does not accept a parameter as input (i.e. adb commands in the script are executed , even if you add the mounted system dir from the blob as a parameter on the command line). I took a peak in a more recent extract file from the structure on <https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...890-common/blob/lineage-17.1/extract-files.sh> , but i did not want to execute that extract file, as it refers to a whole bunch of so-files which are not part of the extract file in the cm-13 branch.
* python2 needs to be installed on your system, and you need to link to it via the command "python". Otherwise you get errors during one of the build steps.

Then also a couple of question about the errors and warnings during the build process, so i understand more how it works:
* command brunch espresso3g : including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh : why is it including this common vendor setup scriptfile, if i have put all samsung files and directories (manually, since the extract script did not work) i could find on github under the directories of device and vendor ; do i need to execute some scripts so that Breakfast/Brunch knows it needs to pic the vendorscript from my device ? Since i put all those files manually: do i need to execute some script which updates all the makefiles in those directories?
* Trying dependencies-only mode on a non-existing device tree? Why do i get this warning?
* find: ‘src/com/android/cts/verifier/backup’: No such file or directory ; what is the easiest way to clean up errors like these: how do you start to search to find who needs this file, and why it is not there?
* after adding the kernel to roomservice.xml, and syncing repo, i got the following error:
error: config is different in /home/joejoe/android/lineage/device/samsung/espresso3g/.git vs /home/joejoe/android/lineage/.repo/projects/device/samsung/espresso3g.git
Why do i get this error?
* brunch espresso3g: make: *** No rule to make target '/home/joejoe/android/lineage/out/target/product/espresso3g/kernel', needed by '/home/joejoe/android/lineage/out/target/product/espresso3g/boot.img'. Stop.
What kernel do i need to include here?
ti_omap4 kernel

BrainSoldSeparately

Feb 23, 2021
Hello,

I've been trying to install a custom rom on my tablet (GT-3100 espresso3g).
However to do this I need to make this thing show up in my system, I've installed custom roms in past on my phone (Xiaomi Redmi 3 [ido]).

The problem I have is that this tablet just won't show up, on my archlinux installation I get this in dmesg when I plug it in (developer mode and debugging enabled):

Code:
[70552.518372] usb 1-4: new full-speed USB device number 53 using xhci_hcd
[70552.645375] usb 1-4: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[70552.884971] usb 1-4: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[70553.115091] usb 1-4: new full-speed USB device number 54 using xhci_hcd
[70553.238401] usb 1-4: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[70553.471704] usb 1-4: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[70553.578411] usb usb1-port4: attempt power cycle
[70554.221659] usb 1-4: new full-speed USB device number 55 using xhci_hcd
[70554.221820] usb 1-4: Device not responding to setup address.
[70554.431772] usb 1-4: Device not responding to setup address.
[70554.641595] usb 1-4: device not accepting address 55, error -71
[70554.768295] usb 1-4: new full-speed USB device number 56 using xhci_hcd
[70554.768409] usb 1-4: Device not responding to setup address.
[70554.918447] kauditd_printk_skb: 10 callbacks suppressed
[70554.918452] audit: type=1101 audit(1614101819.636:177089): pid=680914 uid=1000 auid=1000 ses=1 subj==unconfined msg='op=PAM:accounting grantors=pam_unix,pam_permit,pam_time acct="larry" exe="/usr/bin/sudo" hostname=? addr=? terminal=/dev/pts/4 res=success'
[70554.919124] audit: type=1110 audit(1614101819.636:177090): pid=680914 uid=1000 auid=1000 ses=1 subj==unconfined msg='op=PAM:setcred grantors=pam_faillock,pam_permit,pam_env,pam_faillock acct="root" exe="/usr/bin/sudo" hostname=? addr=? terminal=/dev/pts/4 res=success'
[70554.923809] audit: type=1105 audit(1614101819.639:177091): pid=680914 uid=1000 auid=1000 ses=1 subj==unconfined msg='op=PAM:session_open grantors=pam_limits,pam_unix,pam_permit acct="root" exe="/usr/bin/sudo" hostname=? addr=? terminal=/dev/pts/4 res=success'
[70554.978390] usb 1-4: Device not responding to setup address.
[70554.980704] audit: type=1106 audit(1614101819.696:177092): pid=680914 uid=1000 auid=1000 ses=1 subj==unconfined msg='op=PAM:session_close grantors=pam_limits,pam_unix,pam_permit acct="root" exe="/usr/bin/sudo" hostname=? addr=? terminal=/dev/pts/4 res=success'
[70554.980753] audit: type=1104 audit(1614101819.696:177093): pid=680914 uid=1000 auid=1000 ses=1 subj==unconfined msg='op=PAM:setcred grantors=pam_faillock,pam_permit,pam_env,pam_faillock acct="root" exe="/usr/bin/sudo" hostname=? addr=? terminal=/dev/pts/4 res=success'
[70555.184959] usb 1-4: device not accepting address 56, error -71
[70555.185080] usb usb1-port4: unable to enumerate USB device

adb devices shows nothing (it lists my phone tho)

The tablet doesn't even want to charge when plugged into either laptop (it charges just fine from a wall charger and my powerbank), it notices that it was plugged in, but the battery icon is marked with red cross and as far as I can tell the percentage is still going down as if it was not plugged in... when turned off it shows the batter charging animation, however I didnt keep it in this state for long enough to tell if the battery is actually being charged.

I've tried booting windows 8.1 on a second laptop, but it's not recognizing this tablet (yes,even after installing samsung drivers), rest of the behaviour (battery not charging and etc.) is exactly the same.

What should I do now? Does the log indicate a broken cable/connector? If so, is there some working root exploit so I could remount the recovery partition into read-write mode and then install TWRP "manually"?

EEngineer

Oct 20, 2011
USA
:
The tablet doesn't even want to charge when plugged into either laptop (it charges just fine from a wall charger and my powerbank), it notices that it was plugged in, but the battery icon is marked with red cross and as far as I can tell the percentage is still going down as if it was not plugged in... when turned off it shows the batter charging animation, however I didnt keep it in this state for long enough to tell if the battery is actually being charged.
:
Make sure you are using a high capacity wall charger like a 1.8A wall charger because a low capacity charger will give you that red X on the battery icon. Don't bother charging from a computer's USB port as it won't source enough current.

Also make sure you have a good cable, as some of the aftermarket cables are okay for data transfers but lousy for charging. Keep the screen off while charging, as on this tablet screen-on charging can take a very long time, or even not charge at all.

There is an app called Ampere that shows you the charging current, I suggest you sideload that and make sure your charging current is above 800mA.

As a last resort, charge overnight with the tablet off to minimize power loss during charging.

BrainSoldSeparately

Feb 23, 2021
Make sure you are using a high capacity wall charger like a 1.8A wall charger because a low capacity charger will give you that red X on the battery icon. Don't bother charging from a computer's USB port as it won't source enough current.

Also make sure you have a good cable, as some of the aftermarket cables are okay for data transfers but lousy for charging. Keep the screen off while charging, as on this tablet screen-on charging can take a very long time, or even not charge at all.

There is an app called Ampere that shows you the charging current, I suggest you sideload that and make sure your charging current is above 800mA.

As a last resort, charge overnight with the tablet off to minimize power loss during charging.

Thanks for the tips about charging, however my main issue is the fact that I can't flash anything onto the device since it wont show up in the system (linux and windows with drivers), do you know what might be causing the behaviour I described in my previous post?

EEngineer

Oct 20, 2011
USA
Thanks for the tips about charging, however my main issue is the fact that I can't flash anything onto the device since it wont show up in the system (linux and windows with drivers), do you know what might be causing the behaviour I described in my previous post?
Well, I can't directly help you but this tablet suffers from low power issues. On this tablet battery problems are often a symptom or cause of a seemingly unrelated problem.. So like car OBD codes sometimes fixing one Android problem fixes another seemingly unrelated problem. So I suggest you find a way to charge your battery to 100% without the red X and see if that fixes the issue.

For example it's possible that you have a bad cable, which would explain both the charging and the ADB problems. So fix what you can fix first, and then see what problems are left.

BrainSoldSeparately

Feb 23, 2021
So I suggest you find a way to charge your battery to 100% without the red X and see if that fixes the issue.
So, I charged it to 100% when it was off on powerbank and when i turned it on and plugged in to the laptop it still didnt respond to setup address (the same errors in dmesg as previously posted).
I ordered a new cable in case the data lanes on the one I'm using were broken or something, however it won't be here till Wednesday, is there anything else I could try in the mean time?

EEngineer

Oct 20, 2011
USA
So, I charged it to 100% when it was off on powerbank and when i turned it on and plugged in to the laptop it still didnt respond to setup address (the same errors in dmesg as previously posted).
I ordered a new cable in case the data lanes on the one I'm using were broken or something, however it won't be here till Wednesday, is there anything else I could try in the mean time?
I'm not familiar with Archlinux so I'd suggest trying to connect with ADB using a different computer.

RATEL007

Mar 2, 2021
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! no one's thread talks about this!

Hi peoples and developers, i am very happy that this thread about older and usable devices are stillgoods today.

i am tried various versions of Installes os (11 , 13 and 14 respectively)and in all the times i get an error tryng to initialize, when done, the scale and resolutiuon is out of the screen and i cant touch nothing.

My tablet is a GT-P3100 16 GB 3G + wifi

i am trying all for about two weeks and im exhausted... if someone me explains how to set a dpi or resolution auto scalling.. i need help its my unique device now.

thanks

BrainSoldSeparately

Feb 23, 2021
I'm not familiar with Archlinux so I'd suggest trying to connect with ADB using a different computer.

Ok, so the new cable arrived today and I installed windows 10 pro 64bit on my second laptop (I was previously testing on windows server 2019), however with the new cable the behaviour is exactly the same on linux and on the mentioned laptop as before.

Here is the tutorial I'm using btw: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/espresso3g/install

any thoughts?

Screenshot_20210302_175231.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are a lot of people joining xda on daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked which fill up Development threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions. Idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in the direction where that user can find an answer and educate himself

First thing first. I strongly advise you to read THIS thread before posting ANYTHING on here

Then. Even if you do get your question answered, please, do come back and read threads in post no2 (coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time and frustration it will save you in the future.

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE,adb, drivers, superCID etc...... You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! No question is stupid in this thread.

HALL OF FAME
    People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their problems/questions.
    -InfinityFTW
    -
    -
    -
    @smart-t78 compiles RR already.

About N in general:
    There is different reasons why there are no public N builds beside UA yet. Some examples: there is no need for 20 different Roms with a bunch of big bugs. We concentrate on UA to get a stable base.

I am working on fixing major bugs before all source goes public.

At the moment slim7 and omni7 both end in a softrebootloop once you connect to wifi. Same happens on Lineage 14.1 once gapps are flashed. I spend almost 1 week fixing it without luck and i am going to drop it if i dont find the reason for it soon. Logs dont give enough information... Same on 3.0 and 3.4 kernel...

Be patient and if no stupid ETAs start there is a chance seeing one or the other N Rom which source you can use.

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk
    I hope I am right here with my question:
    How does it come people use stuff from other devs as base and don't ask for permissions?
    I mean, everything is opensource and can be compiled without trouble...
    Best i have seen here recently: remove one app, add 2 other apps, sell as own work...

Don't get me wrong, I love open source and that's why I pushed everything we did on tab2 to omni, cm/lineage and Slim official.

Another note:
    IMO there's no need to use android kitchen and such stuff to bring N on Tab2. And if you are going to do so: test your stuff before it goes public to user...

Gesendet von meinem A0001 mit Tapatalk
    Just to make a few details clear (again)
    1. Make sure that I have Samsung Tab 2 usb drivers installed on my PC
    6. Transfer both TWRP and RR by usb to my SD card in my tablet ? Or , will ODIN access them fine from my PC desktop to flash them to the tablet ?
    1. The drivers are all bundled up, i.e. not device specific here: http://developer.samsung.com/galaxy/others/android-usb-driver-for-windows
    6. You need the .img.tar file of TWRP and ODIN on your PC(!) -> start ODIN (I recommend v3.11.1 here: https://bin.samsung-firmware.org/bin/odin-3-11-1.zip) put the img.tar file in "AP" in ODIN.

First, you will use odin to flash the twrp recovery. Then, you will boot your tab in twrp and from there you will install the rom and gapps. ...
    This is correct. BUT since you (lenolver) are unrooted you have to REMOVE the "auto-reboot" checkmark in odin options and then - after the flash of twrp - reboot to recovery (TWRP) manually via holding Power+VolDown for a few seconds.
    If you do not uncheck that "auto-reboot" box, an thus allow the unrooted system (stock samsung system) to boot, it will overwrite the new twrp recovery you flashed 2 seconds before...

This is the point where I believe many confusion comes from. If you root first, any recovery you flash will not be overwritten. That is - I think - why many tutorials/tips say you must root stock first before installing a custom rom, which is simply not true.
    All ROMs have bugs, even stock ROMs have. Same on new devices. Lol.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone