The Glass Screen Protectors We All Have Been Waiting For! (BodyGuardz Crown & iCarez)

Search This thread

arjun90

Apr 6, 2011
Concrete Jungle
The Glass Screen Protectors We All Have Been Waiting For! (BodyGuardz Crown & iCarez)

==========================================================================================================
BodyGuardz Crown

http://www.bodyguardz.com/the-crown

Uniting with ScreenGuardz Pure® to create
the ultimate solution to rounded-edge screen protection
The next evolution of screen protection
The Crown™ was created to protect the curved edges of today's hottest devices.
It is a custom-molded rim made of anodized aluminum, designed to fit seamlessly with
ScreenGuardz Pure® to offer an elegant protective solution unlike anything seen before.
The Crown is a patent-pending solution available exclusively from BodyGuardz.

The Crown will be available in February 2015
for the iPhone 6, 6 Plus, and Samsung Note 4

==========================================================================================================
iCarez® for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Temporary Solution?)

Thinnest New Glass Anti-scratch for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Hardness: 9H,0.15mm)
Dry Application: Easy to Install and Remove (Bubble-Free / No Residue)
High Definition Transparency Film that ensures maximum resolution for RETINA Display
TrueTouch Sensitivity and antibacterial for an invisible and perfect protection on touch screen
Perfect cutouts on the front not to interfere with sensors or responsiveness

http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Scratch-...&qid=1422467797&sr=1-2&keywords=icarez+note+4

Last edited:

munkypoo7

Nov 29, 2008
Hanover
I wish...

My AT&T Note 4 is one of those "steep" curved black models and the top and bottom of the iVisor sticks (well 70% of it), and the side adhesive doesn't touch the phone's glass at all.

Sure it doesn't halo, but the sides don't adhere, leaving a gap for dust and general pocket "stuff" to get under the screen protector.

Also, the capacitive buttons became more annoying to use with the Moshi iVisor vs just your typical PET film. At least in my experience, not completely sure why tbh.

Ended up with a Zagg HDX, which does adhere with my phone's ridiculous screen curvature. Not bad but not glass, oh well. At least the AT&T store allowed me to return it :crying:

arjun90

Apr 6, 2011
Concrete Jungle
Can't we apply a second screen protector beneath the Moshi iVisor?
Also, do you have pictures of this protector installed on the Note 4?
Moshi has a 30-day Satisfaction Return Policy

I wish...

My AT&T Note 4 is one of those "steep" curved black models and the top and bottom of the iVisor sticks (well 70% of it), and the side adhesive doesn't touch the phone's glass at all.

Sure it doesn't halo, but the sides don't adhere, leaving a gap for dust and general pocket "stuff" to get under the screen protector.

Also, the capacitive buttons became more annoying to use with the Moshi iVisor vs just your typical PET film. At least in my experience, not completely sure why tbh.

Ended up with a Zagg HDX, which does adhere with my phone's ridiculous screen curvature. Not bad but not glass, oh well. At least the AT&T store allowed me to return it :crying:

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
Might just have to order one up.

I believe that the black/white areas just hide all the halos and mess. :p

Last edited:

munkypoo7

Nov 29, 2008
Hanover
Can't we apply a second screen protector beneath the Moshi iVisor?
Also, do you have pictures of this protector installed on the Note 4?
Moshi has a 30-day Satisfaction Return Policy

I suppose you could, the adhesive only does around the edge of the iVisor.

I don't have pictures of it installed but I do of the bottom after a million installs, it's dirty on the bottom simply due to my stupidity in cleaning it and using a microfiber to dry instead of following the directions. My fault on the dirty-ness entirely, I even showed the AT&T rep and he said not to worry.

The AT&T store already took it back without any issues and refunded me the $48 + tax, so I'm fine. Granted not satisfied but for now the Zagg will have to do. For the record, the crying emoticon was for the fact it wasn;t as perfect as I had wished, not the I couldn't return it... my error in placing it there.

These pictures I took to send to my brother anyways showing the adhesive and how the screen curves, bear in mind, it's flat, just that the top of the glass is curved, so it in itself is 2.5D or whatever the term is but it's still a flat sheet of glass, therefore, for those of us special Note 4 owners with really curvy screens, we're still out of luck.

Imgur Album (just 4 shots): http://imgur.com/a/aOGue

Edit: Also, for reference, only the home button is actually cut out, all of the other things like the front facing camera, capacitive buttons, notification LED and Samsung branding have glass over them.

Last edited:

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
Our local AT&T store has these in stock..................will pick one up in the morning and report back. ;)

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

I suppose you could, the adhesive only does around the edge of the iVisor.

I don't have pictures of it installed but I do of the bottom after a million installs, it's dirty on the bottom simply due to my stupidity in cleaning it and using a microfiber to dry instead of following the directions. My fault on the dirty-ness entirely, I even showed the AT&T rep and he said not to worry.

The AT&T store already took it back without any issues and refunded me the $48 + tax, so I'm fine. Granted not satisfied but for now the Zagg will have to do. For the record, the crying emoticon was for the fact it wasn;t as perfect as I had wished, not the I couldn't return it... my error in placing it there.

These pictures I took to send to my brother anyways showing the adhesive and how the screen curves, bear in mind, it's flat, just that the top of the glass is curved, so it in itself is 2.5D or whatever the term is but it's still a flat sheet of glass, therefore, for those of us special Note 4 owners with really curvy screens, we're still out of luck.

Imgur Album (just 4 shots): http://imgur.com/a/aOGue

Edit: Also, for reference, only the home button is actually cut out, all of the other things like the front facing camera, capacitive buttons, notification LED and Samsung branding have glass over them.

Does the iVisor glass stick to the actual display area of the Note 4 or just float in the air?

Last edited:
Reactions: arjun90

arjun90

Apr 6, 2011
Concrete Jungle
Thanks, I'm thinking about ordering one too. I might try without regretting. Is there some adhesive on the bezel sides as well?

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
Thanks, I'm thinking about ordering one too. I might try without regretting. Is there some adhesive on the bezel sides as well?

I believe that the actual screen/display area does not stick at all with the Moshi. The only thing that sticks are the top, bottom and the actual thin sides.
I worry about the rainbow effect like with the Defender's built in screen protector.

The AT&T store wants $48. plus tax. :(

arjun90

Apr 6, 2011
Concrete Jungle
Can't you buy and return if it doesn't fit right? You might as well order from Moshi's website. At least they have a 30-day return policy even for opened items. They have that satisfaction guarantee policy.

I believe that the actual screen/display area does not stick at all with the Moshi. The only thing that sticks are the top, bottom and the actual thin sides.
I worry about the rainbow effect like with the Defender's built in screen protector.

The AT&T store wants $48. plus tax. :(

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
Can't you buy and return if it doesn't fit right? You might as well order from Moshi's website. At least they have a 30-day return policy even for opened items. They have that satisfaction guarantee policy.

I'll buy it at the AT&T store in the morning and if it turns out to be crap I'll just get a refund there in the next day or so. Looks like a great idea but I'm worried about no adhesives behind the actual glass display areas.:silly:

arjun90

Apr 6, 2011
Concrete Jungle
Definitely take some pictures while you're at it. :D

If there is no adhesive behind the actual tempered glass in the display area, I might first install a regular PET Screen Protector that has full edge to edge coverage like the XtremeGuardz (6-Pack for $3 on eBay) and then overlay the PET film with the Moshi. At least that will even the coverage out. According to Moshi, their tempered glass is more rigid than Zagg's, Iloome's, and Otterbox; and I actually believe them.

Here are the screen protectors in my possession right now:

Otterbox Alpha Glass (being Returned for Refund)
Zagg Glass, Revised (Keeping as backup), costed me $14.29
Zagg HDX (Keeping as backup), costed me $13.60

iLoome Flex (Keeping as backup), costed me $19.99
Spigen Crystal PET Screen Protectors 3-Pack ($9.99)
6-Pack XtremeGuardz HD PET Screen Protectors ($2.99)- Excellent Coverage
6-Pack Supershieldz PET Screen Protectors ($4.99)- Coverage is so-so
1x Otterbox Commuter PET Screen Protector - Included with Purchase

*Italics denote that these purchases were negligible.

Tomorrow, I will be making the final decision between the Commuter and Defender Series cases, depends on what the fitment of the replacement case.

I'll buy it at the AT&T store in the morning and if it turns out to be crap I'll just get a refund there in the next day or so. Looks like a great idea but I'm worried about no adhesives behind the actual glass display areas.:silly:

Last edited:

felloffthetruck

May 12, 2014
I'm going to pick one up in the morning and see what it's all about.
If the edges stick real good it would be perfect for the Otterbox commuter as It's rubber edges will seal the whole thing up nice.

I'll be the Guinea Pig and pick one up in the morning and give it a whirl. :p

bleuiko

Jan 29, 2007
This looks like the edge to edge screen protectors for iPhones; probably have the same "feature". The colored part has no glue and simply floats over the curved edge of the screen. This is not a curved screen protector; at least for iPhone, this works best for those wanting a thin case as the glass will float over the case making it seem more seamless. For those going naked, this will be very annoying.

Last edited:

arjun90

Apr 6, 2011
Concrete Jungle
I guess this will be good for those (like me) that really wanted to put a tempered glass screen protector along with the built in screen protector on the Defender Series case, but couldn't so. Definitely keep us posted, especially with pictures.

I'm going to pick one up in the morning and see what it's all about.
If the edges stick real good it would be perfect for the Otterbox commuter as It's rubber edges will seal the whole thing up nice.

I'll be the Guinea Pig and pick one up in the morning and give it a whirl. :p

Kinda reminds me of built in screen protector found in the Otterbox Defender series case. Otterbox really failed this time around, and perhaps this might be a viable solution for me.

This looks like the edge to edge screen protectors for iPhones; probably have the same "feature". The colored part has no glue and simply floats over the curved edge of the screen. This is not a curved screen protector; at least for iPhone, this works best for those wanting a thin case as the glass till float over the case making it seem more seamless. For those going naked, this will be very annoying.

arjun90

Apr 6, 2011
Concrete Jungle
I've ordered one from Moshi's website. Will need to see this in person as well. Might actually satisfy me more than Otterbox's Defender Series.

munkypoo7

Nov 29, 2008
Hanover

In the first picture I posted, I tried to catch that, so I may not have, but yes there is adhesive on the sides as well, which due to my Note's ridiculous curvature, didn't adhere, letting dust and all the general pocket dust slide right under the glass.

The glass portion on the screen has absolutely no adhesive, it's ever-so-slightly lifted due to the adhesive around the edges, which is why it never bubbles but can have crud caught under it.

Though, in all fairness, while any Otterbox case for me is an instant "no" (bulk), if you get a case that can essentially bite down on the sides preventing stuff from sliding in under the screen, you may have one hell of a winning combination :)

ckspeed1968

Jan 5, 2015
Guys, I am currently using the ivisor glass, see post#1880 on the tempered glass topic. Took some pix with 2 cases: samsung protective cover+ and otterbox commuter. The protective cover fits much better. It's like the ivisor was made to fit with the samsung covers. The commuter is a little tight on the 2 sides, corners go over the ivisor. Can't download pix right now cause i don't have cable or sd slot on my work PC to download from my camera. I'll try to upload pix this evening.

Last edited:

gregma

Oct 2, 2007
Redmond
iVisor Glass for the Note 4, by Moshi

Next-generation IonGlass screen protector is stronger than tempered glass.
Complete edge-to-edge protection with a precision-tooled curved bezel.
Up to 40% thinner than generic glass screen protectors.
100% bubble-proof, scratch-proof and shock-proof.
Oleophobic surface-coating provides fingerprint resistance.

http://www.moshi.com/ivisor-glass-for-galaxy-note-4#black

This glass only attaches at the top and bottom, not the sides. The glass itself is not curved, thus there will be a gap on both sides. What prevents dust, hair, dirt, lint, etc from getting in between the glass and the phone through these huge openings on both sides?

Thanks!
Greg

ckspeed1968

Jan 5, 2015
A good case like the samsung protective cover+ or cases that have similar fit. No dust so far in the 6 days of use.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

In my opinion I would not recommend the ivisor glass for people who do not use case or a case similar to the 2 case that I have tested. I think if you drop the phone and landed on any corner or side it would probably come off with the impact force as there is not enough adhesive surfaces.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Verizon Note 4 with moshi iVisor, no case

BodyGuardz Crown

http://www.bodyguardz.com/the-crown

Uniting with ScreenGuardz Pure® to create
    the ultimate solution to rounded-edge screen protection
    The next evolution of screen protection
    The Crown™ was created to protect the curved edges of today's hottest devices.
    It is a custom-molded rim made of anodized aluminum, designed to fit seamlessly with
    ScreenGuardz Pure® to offer an elegant protective solution unlike anything seen before.
    The Crown is a patent-pending solution available exclusively from BodyGuardz.

The Crown will be available in February 2015
    for the iPhone 6, 6 Plus, and Samsung Note 4

iCarez® for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Temporary Solution?)

Thinnest New Glass Anti-scratch for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Hardness: 9H,0.15mm)
    Dry Application: Easy to Install and Remove (Bubble-Free / No Residue)
    High Definition Transparency Film that ensures maximum resolution for RETINA Display
    TrueTouch Sensitivity and antibacterial for an invisible and perfect protection on touch screen
    Perfect cutouts on the front not to interfere with sensors or responsiveness

http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Scratch-...&qid=1422467797&sr=1-2&keywords=icarez+note+4
    Moshi iVisor glass on Note 4 with Samsung Protective Cover+
    Got my iCarez Pro Glass today and now I'm a believer! This is the first and only screen protector that has gone on perfectly and absolutely no halo! I'm in love with iCarez! I'll most likely go with these on all of my phones! I wish the made the Pro Glass version for the Nexus 6.
    I received the new BodyGuardz Crown and Screenprotector.
    The screenprotector is great. It was super easy to apply and there is no halo.
    The Crown is also really nice but it does not stay down completely around the home button (see arrows in pics below). I have contacted customer support and I am waiting for an answer.